HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF GAME 7. 4/26/12 whose house? OUR HOUSE!!!

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2012, 09:45 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

vCash: 500
ECQF GAME 7. 4/26/12 whose house? OUR HOUSE!!!

1 pm optional practice today.

Game time rumored to be 8pm...ugh

To me, bergenheim is the MVP so far, just amazing finisher in the playoffs. 3 goals this series (with 2 helpers), with a total of 12 goals in 22 playoff games.

Now to the gorilla in the room. We all agree if theo is healthy he's in . But but but, what if??? Is the future now or go to the professional backup?

Old
04-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Clem gave them a fantastic chance to win last night. Our offense was lacking and had we pushed it some more we might have put the dagger in. We can't rely on PPs. Clem should get the nod if Theo can't go.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
04-25-2012, 10:29 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

wow the biggest game this franchise since 1996. I look at this game tomorrow as a win-win.

1. If we Win. God-Willing. It just puts an exclamation point to an already awesome season.

2. If we lose. It will leave a bad taste in people's mouth. It will make bandwagon panther fans hungry for next season. It will leave a bad taste in our players mouth. It will leave a bad taste in our coach's and gm mouth. And most importantly it will leave a bad taste in owner's mouth.

I happen to believe if we lose tomorrow the team will come out hungry this off season make some great moves and play to win next season.

Lets Go Panthers! Believe Red!

Old
04-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Beezeral

at this point I am happy either way. Clemmer has earned the start if theo can't go.

guy stopped 41 shots last night. Yes 2 of the goals were HORRENDOUS, but he made some big saves to make up for it.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:00 AM
GoRatsGo
Heffalump Country

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
wow the biggest game this franchise since 1996. I look at this game tomorrow as a win-win.

1. If we Win. God-Willing. It just puts an exclamation point to an already awesome season.

2. If we lose. It will leave a bad taste in people's mouth. It will make bandwagon panther fans hungry for next season. It will leave a bad taste in our players mouth. It will leave a bad taste in our coach's and gm mouth. And most importantly it will leave a bad taste in owner's mouth.

I happen to believe if we lose tomorrow the team will come out hungry this off season make some great moves and play to win next season.

Lets Go Panthers! Believe Red!
I completely agree with you, it's just really hard to think that way with how close we are right now! Get the win, take the series. But if you don't, I'll be back next year for more.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Mavs3441

1 game to earn 4 more? I'll take it.

How about a one more round chant sometime during the game? Maybe pre-game? Or, God-willing, if the Panthers are safely ahead trying to close out the game!

Old
04-25-2012, 11:09 AM
HockeyRulez
Lets Go Panthers!!!

Too scared to watch. Will not be going to the game because of my disappointment in the team's effort in game 6. I won't spend big money on a team that isn't serious about winning. It's a joke how much this organization is all about entertainment more than winning. I hope we beat the devils and advance to the next round.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:14 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Clem gave them a fantastic chance to win last night. Our offense was lacking and had we pushed it some more we might have put the dagger in. We can't rely on PPs. Clem should get the nod if Theo can't go.
You and i could not be further apart on this.

Clemmer was adequate, at best. He made some solid saves, incuding an excellent kicker.

The first goal he let in was atrocious. I would expect my peewee goalie to stop it.

The 3rd goal was almost equally weak. His control of his 5 hole is pathetic.

I am not blaming him for the loss, as obviously we did little to generate offence, and the OT breakdowns that led to a simple wrister goal are glaring.

But for the second consecutive time , his goaltending was simply mediocre.

If no Theo, Markstrom should get the nod. He is our future, it would be an amazing experience for him. All that aside, clearly, he simply is the better goalie on each of their respective best days, and thus gives us the best chance to win.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:16 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs3441 View Post
1 game to earn 4 more? I'll take it.

How about a one more round chant sometime during the game? Maybe pre-game? Or, God-willing, if the Panthers are safely ahead trying to close out the game!
One more round, or send them home. both work.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Mavs3441

One more round! Keep it classy hah.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:43 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

also if we lose this series even though im content regardless of outcome the blame can be placed on the first 10 minutes of game 1. The panthers did not show up for the first 10 minutes of the playoffs and the devils did. That was the difference in that game and could be the series.

We would have easily won that game if we showed up the first 10 minutes.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:59 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
also if we lose this series even though im content regardless of outcome the blame can be placed on the first 10 minutes of game 1. The panthers did not show up for the first 10 minutes of the playoffs and the devils did. That was the difference in that game and could be the series.

We would have easily won that game if we showed up the first 10 minutes.
Our worst segment, no doubt. Part of growing pains i guess.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:24 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
You and i could not be further apart on this.

Clemmer was adequate, at best. He made some solid saves, incuding an excellent kicker.

The first goal he let in was atrocious. I would expect my peewee goalie to stop it.

The 3rd goal was almost equally weak. His control of his 5 hole is pathetic.

I am not blaming him for the loss, as obviously we did little to generate offence, and the OT breakdowns that led to a simple wrister goal are glaring.

But for the second consecutive time , his goaltending was simply mediocre.

If no Theo, Markstrom should get the nod. He is our future, it would be an amazing experience for him. All that aside, clearly, he simply is the better goalie on each of their respective best days, and thus gives us the best chance to win.
You realize Marty was worse last night he gave up 2 goals on 11 shots. You know what the Panthers did then they peppered him with 4 more shots the rest of the game. I'm not willing to throw a rookie goaltender into a game 7 and risk screwing with his psyche. If it was game 1 or 2 or if both goalies were hurt sure. If they could have kept up some pressure and scored a couple more goals it changes the whole game. Then after playing sit back and wait for the other team to screw up hockey for three periods Weaver decides to try to pinch against their number one line and gets burned. Clemmer played good enough to win the rest of the team not so much.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:52 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
You realize Marty was worse last night he gave up 2 goals on 11 shots. You know what the Panthers did then they peppered him with 4 more shots the rest of the game. I'm not willing to throw a rookie goaltender into a game 7 and risk screwing with his psyche. If it was game 1 or 2 or if both goalies were hurt sure. If they could have kept up some pressure and scored a couple more goals it changes the whole game. Then after playing sit back and wait for the other team to screw up hockey for three periods Weaver decides to try to pinch against their number one line and gets burned. Clemmer played good enough to win the rest of the team not so much.
Markstrom has played many bigtime games of all sorts. Age?holtby is surviving.
Bottom line... No one can convince me that Clemmer tommorow night has a more likely chance of outperforming Markstrom.

I don't see Dineen doing it, just my opinion. And if I'm in the minority I'm cool with that.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

830 start time announced for tomorrow.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Boooooth10

8:30? Are you kidding me? **** you, nbc.

Old
04-25-2012, 01:09 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

8:30?! If this game hits overtime, wow.

I imagine this can't hurt those of us trying to buy on stub hub though.

Old
04-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Haj

Anyone making an HFboard sign for the game ?

I'd like to get my name on there if they are.

Old
04-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Erick

Markstrom is not starting tomorrow night. It's a waste of time to even talk about it, really.

There is no speculation or rumor here. If Theo can't go, it's going to be Clemmer and rightfully so.

Old
04-25-2012, 01:30 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I'm really not happy about the 8:30 start time because I have to wake up at 6am the next morning, and if it goes to overtime, well hell I'll be a zombie on Friday. I think it's so to networks can air Sens/Rangers at 7:00. Anyway, I'm feeling optimistic tthat we will win the game IF we can get more than 15 freaking shots and not let up more than 40. If Clemmensen does play, he'll have to be on his toes and can't let in any weak 5-hole goals. I hope the arena is rocking more than ever before! Whether we lose or win, I'm still damn proud of what this team has accomplished this season passing everyone's expectations. It makes for such a fun ride to expect for the future.

Old
04-25-2012, 01:45 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Markstrom is not starting tomorrow night. It's a waste of time to even talk about it, really.

There is no speculation or rumor here. If Theo can't go, it's going to be Clemmer and rightfully so.
Source?

Old
04-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Korolyuk15

I love young goalies being given a chance to shine ...and have been very impressed with Markstrom when I've watched him...(bandwagon fan here)

but I think it is 99.99% that Clemm gets the start (no source, just experience)

Old
04-25-2012, 02:02 PM
harv3317

hey guys, been a panther fan from the beginning. i'm up in vero so haven't attended any games this year. 3 1/2 hour drive. i waited until the end of the game so not to jinx the cats. unfortunately overtime loss. i need 1 ticket for game 7. i want to celebrate a victory in person, or at the least give the panthers a standing ovation for the great season they've provided. if anyone has an extra ticket available pllleeeaaassseee pm me.
thanks

GGGGOOOO PPPPPAAAAANNNNTTTTHHHHEEERRRRSSSS!!!!!:n od:

Old
04-25-2012, 02:04 PM
TheEkbombIsReal
Paaaaaanthers

8:30 start time is brutal for us euros... not sure if I can watch the whole game tomorrow

Old
04-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakstar View Post
8:30 start time is brutal for us euros... not sure if I can watch the whole game tomorrow
I think I will be watching it in the morning as opposed to live as I had planned.

Closed Thread