HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CBJ-VAN Blockbuster

Old
04-23-2012, 10:57 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
CBJ-VAN Blockbuster

To VAN:
Rick Nash
Steve Mason

To CBJ:
Roberto Luongo
Aaron Rome

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
To VAN:
Rick Nash
Steve Mason

To CBJ:
Roberto Luongo
Aaron Rome
uh...no. Luongo could end up in Columbus but it would be for a draft pick and a prospect. I'm going to leave it at that. Prepare for pain with this thread

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Uh oh.... Well at least it looks like a Nuck fan did not make this...

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:03 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
To VAN:
Rick Nash
Steve Mason

To CBJ:
Roberto Luongo
Aaron Rome
Wow... CBJ gets reamed here.

Rome>= Mason, but :
Nash >>>> Luongo

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:03 AM
JacketsWin

I would hope that Columbus would not want to take on that contract of Luongo as old as he is and with his play seemingly in decline. I agree he is an upgrade to what we currenty have, but so is Vokoun, Harding, Bobrovski, etc. If Nash or a high pick of Columbus goes to Vancouver Schneider will be the goaltender coming back.

JacketsWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:23 AM
smon

Won't happen for Nash since Columbus would want Schneider.

But I could very much see Columbus picking up Luongo. Maybe a sort of salary-dump esque deal for a pick.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Guardian452

This has fail on too many levels.

Mason has zero trade value, plus the Canucks don't need him. Rome is a UFA.

Nevermind that Luongo likely wouldn't agree to going to Columbus and Nash doesn't fit in the Canucks salary cap.

Guardian452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:45 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Columbus will garner a much better return than Luongo for that package.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Arkansas Shark
Underground Bunker

I don't even...

Arkansas Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:56 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

One of the worst....

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:57 AM
wahsnairb

the worst....

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

The only way Luongo ends up in Columbus is if we waive him and Edmonton passes, I don't see that as a likely scenario. Keep in mind Luongo has a NTC, I doubt he waives it to goto a team that is at the bottom of the standings.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
The only way Luongo ends up in Columbus is if we waive him and Edmonton passes, I don't see that as a likely scenario. Keep in mind Luongo has a NTC, I doubt he waives it to goto a team that is at the bottom of the standings.
EDM finished ahead of CBJ. Columbus gets the first dibs on waived players. The lottery is only for the draft.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:16 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

This makes no sense.

1) Luongo has a NTC, and would have to agree to go to the worst team in the league. What are the chances?

2) The Canucks are already playing over the cap. Now subtract Luongo's $5.33mill cap hit, add Nash's $7.8mill cap hit, and Mason's $2.9mill cap hit. Where does that put the Canucks cap? And that doesn't even consider that Schneider is in for a huge raise - so add another $3-4mill for him (as Lack would back him up and replace Schneider's current cap hit). Does that make ANY sense at all?

3) Rome is a UFA.

The Canucks CAN NOT afford to take on Nash unless they are dropping significant salary elsewhere. That means that one or both of Booth and Ballard have to be traded and replaced on the roster by cheaper players.

The Canucks are simply not in a position to add Nash. this is a team built on depth, and they aren't going to sacrifice their depth and throw their cap structure out of whack to add a $7.8mill player who's hovered between 60 and 70 points in the last 3 years and has a career high of 79 points 4 years ago now. This is not a player worth his cap hit, and the Canucks aren't a team that ignores cap structure and depletes depth to add a colossally overpaid player.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:19 PM
FANonymous

Yowza. I guess I can at least give you credit for getting the thread title right. If this trade happened I would surely be down at Nationwide Arena busting some blocks...

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:23 PM
jpchabby

Switch Aaron Rome to Ryan Kesler.

There was a proposal a couple of days ago between these too teams, and the result was pretty much this: Luongo and Kesler vs Nash and Mason... IMO that's a good thing. Luongo's value is lower than Nash's value, because of the length of his contract and everything. I don't think this trade would happen, but if it did, I wouldn't be able to say that one team gets owned.

jpchabby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:08 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Outside of the fact that this deal would never happen.. it's just plain and simple awful for Columbus.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:11 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby View Post

There was a proposal a couple of days ago between these too teams, and the result was pretty much this: Luongo and Kesler vs Nash and Mason... IMO that's a good thing. Luongo's value is lower than Nash's value, because of the length of his contract and everything. I don't think this trade would happen, but if it did, I wouldn't be able to say that one team gets owned.
wouldn't even consider that as a Canuck fan. Kesler is more important and valuable to the Canucks as a Center (no center depth behind him), has a lower contract, and puts up similar numbers even a down year. Plus he brings a boat load of intangibles and is valuable even when he's not scoring.

Mason has negative value. $2.9mill cap hit, and wouldn't even be worth it as a backup as it's too expensive and the Canucks are still fine with Lack as backup to Schneider.

And again, the cap wouldn't work at all...

horrible trade. Columbus doesn't have the pieces that make sense in a trade with Vancouver.

Old
04-23-2012, 04:17 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby View Post

There was a proposal a couple of days ago between these too teams, and the result was pretty much this: Luongo and Kesler vs Nash and Mason...
I'm not sure anyone in this "result" was a Canucks fan. Kesler alone for Nash is a bad deal.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Leafs03

lmaoo what the heckkkkkkkk

Leafs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:35 PM
FAMOUSfin

Rome = UFA

FAMOUSfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Crede777
Deputized

The only way for Nash to Vancouver would work for both teams is if he were packaged to bring Kesler back, thus freeing up a forward position and salary. As is, Vancouver wouldn't do that for a number of reasons including Kesler being at his lowest value right now and their trade of Hodgson (center) for Kassian (RW).

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Greg Schuler

Quote:
To VAN:
Rick Nash
Steve Mason

To CBJ:
Roberto Luongo
Aaron Rome
Even if he wasn't a potential unrestricted free agent (and hey, that wouldn't preclude including him in a trade package), what value does Aaron Rome, the perfect description of a bottom pair defenseman, have for a team like Columbus is this package? I can understand the possibility of a super-star swap, and I could understand the logic of including Mason, but Aaron Rome?

Greg Schuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:26 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Schuler View Post
Even if he wasn't a potential unrestricted free agent (and hey, that wouldn't preclude including him in a trade package), what value does Aaron Rome, the perfect description of a bottom pair defenseman, have for a team like Columbus is this package? I can understand the possibility of a super-star swap, and I could understand the logic of including Mason, but Aaron Rome?
sorry, but what logic is there for including Mason? At least from a Canucks POV?

I can understand the logic of dumping his contract for Columbus. But why on earth would the Canucks have any interest at all in Mason? He's got a $2.9mill cap hit, and the Canucks already don't have any cap space - and even dealing Luongo won't create much as Schneider is a RFA and will take up most of that difference... while they already have a top notch goalie prospect who's already finished 2 years in the AHL and has excelled there, and is now 24 years old (is actually a few months older than Mason).

Lack is ready for a backup role and would fit the cap structure as a backup on a cap strapped team. While Mason isn't needed, and comes with a cap hit that doesn't fit the system.

There is NO logic at all in including Mason.

As far as Rome goes, yes, he's a UFA, but personally, I'd love to see him re-signed. He's the perfect fit as a #7 guy on a deep team. He can play both sides, brings grit, is very coachable and a team-first guy, and should still have a cap hit that fits perfectly in a #7 role.... I hope the Canucks bring him back to play that role, and dump Alberts instead (who still has 1 yr left). Rome is better overall, more versatile and a much better skater... just an overall great fit as a #7 for any top team... I prefer him in that role over Alberts or Gragnani.

Columbus and Vancouver as just bad trade partners right now... they want to move Nash for a huge return, but the Canucks are a cap team that can't afford to take on Nash to begin with, and his contract throws the salary structure out of whack.... Nash just isn't worth either his contract nor the return that Howson wants. Maybe if he was on a cheap contract you could justify it... or maybe if Howson was willing to move him cheap so you can justify taking on that horrendous contract... but as it is, he wants too much for a guy who's produced no where near his cap hit, and for that I hope the Canucks stay far far away! And again, Luongo isn't going to waive his NTC to go there, so that's a non-starter to begin with.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Aqualung

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Wow... CBJ gets reamed here.

Nash >>>> Luongo
I don't think so. Luongo is a much more crucial and valuable player.

Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote