HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

intylerwetrust's 2 Round Mock Draft

Old
05-08-2012, 11:50 AM
ursavolta

vCash: 825
I haven't seen much of lindholm's play (nor much of the other players) but through various scout eyes they say he is more of a stay at home- non risky defensive d man who controls the flow of the game in the back end and maintains puck procession - which is all very good - fits our system since coach dineen preaches a puck procession type of team.... and i know he played for the same team as bengtsson (our 2nd round last year).. but I like what scouts say about skjei.. or schmaltz personally.. I think he fits the bill more because we need someone in our prospect pool that can effectively grow into a PMD d-man ala cambell..

I know ellerby and kuli could do that but both skjei or schmaltz could be a project that could pay off later when we develop him into his PMD role... we are a hockey team that is starving for offensive creativity and output..

I am no scout so ill def. take your word on it.. but just giving my 2 cents..

Mind giving me your background on wilson or skjei (preferably)?

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:03 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
I haven't seen much of lindholm's play (nor much of the other players) but through various scout eyes they say he is more of a stay at home- non risky defensive d man who controls the flow of the game in the back end and maintains puck procession - which is all very good - fits our system since coach dineen preaches a puck procession type of team.... and i know he played for the same team as bengtsson (our 2nd round last year).. but I like what scouts say about skjei.. or schmaltz personally.. I think he fits the bill more because we need someone in our prospect pool that can effectively grow into a PMD d-man ala cambell..

I know ellerby and kuli could do that but both skjei or schmaltz could be a project that could pay off later when we develop him into his PMD role... we are a hockey team that is starving for offensive creativity and output..

I am no scout so ill def. take your word on it.. but just giving my 2 cents..

Mind giving me your background on wilson or skjei (preferably)?
Most of my viewing experience comes from the U-18 tournament so about 5 games. And with Wilson I watched some Plymouth games to keep up on Rakell.

I mean...I came away unimpressed with many prospects, Gaunce being one of them (seriously, his ranking is entirely based on being the best Canadian forward...there's no other explanation). Skjei was just BAD. Every time he touched the ice I found myself questioning why he found himself ranked top 20 at times. Turnovers, defensive breakdowns, slow....Wilson...I don't know what the big deal is. He doesn't even seem like a future fourth liner...I mean maybe.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:11 PM
ursavolta

interesting.. I think some of the players ranked below 18 are "projects" so teams pick them up and develop them into the future players..

I am presuming a lot of scouting/ranking it is based on a multitude of variables.. so i cannot ignore what scouts say.. I'm not too sure of the whole scouting process...

Thanks for your input

Old
05-08-2012, 12:27 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

Quote:
interesting.. I think some of the players ranked below 18 are "projects" so teams pick them up and develop them into the future players..

I am presuming a lot of scouting/ranking it is based on a multitude of variables.. so i cannot ignore what scouts say.. I'm not too sure of the whole scouting process...

Thanks for your input
I agree but if I was taking on projects I'd prefer guys like Kerdiles, Pearson, Griffith, Sissons, Bystrom, Koekkoek, Frk, Pokka, Matteau and the top 3 goalies. I mean maybe I'm being a little too harsh on them...but these guys are FAR from the NHL if they ever make it. I mean Skjei couldn't handle himself against the weakest U-18 teams.

Wilson was pretty much a non-factor in the playoffs, where one is supposed to give their all if not to help the team, at least to help your draft stock.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:56 PM
ursavolta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I agree but if I was taking on projects I'd prefer guys like Kerdiles, Pearson, Griffith, Sissons, Bystrom, Koekkoek, Frk, Pokka, Matteau and the top 3 goalies. I mean maybe I'm being a little too harsh on them...but these guys are FAR from the NHL if they ever make it. I mean Skjei couldn't handle himself against the weakest U-18 teams.

Wilson was pretty much a non-factor in the playoffs, where one is supposed to give their all if not to help the team, at least to help your draft stock.
I see, sounds reasonable I admit.. kinda sucks to hear about skjei and wilson..

Old
05-08-2012, 02:00 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

Quote:
I see, sounds reasonable I admit.. kinda sucks to hear about skjei and wilson..
I wouldn't put all your eggs into my basket...I mean I'm sure there's a reason they're top 30, I just haven't seen in.

Last edited by DuckJet: 05-08-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: chips? What the hell is wrong with me?
Old
05-08-2012, 05:43 PM
WILDTATE10

vCash: 50
good first round pick for the wild. don't know much about the 2nd round prospects so i cant really comment on that pick.

WILDTATE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:12 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

Hahaha I can tell you. I haven't seen too much of Smith (just 4 games) but I didn't like him.

He seemed to have an attitude. Every time something didn't go his way he threw would throw mini-tantrums. A couple times when teammates missed him on a pass he would throw them dirty looks.

I don't remember much about his play other than among other 18 year olds it was totally unremarkable. I do remember one play that made my jaw drop with how stupid it was. He gets the puck in the offensive zone halfway between the faceoff dot and the blueline, his mates were still changing (he was the first one off the lineup change) so he had no offensive support so he decides to "drive". And by that I mean he took the puck to the middle of the offensive zone where 4 defenders were set up in a box and the fifth man was coming back with pressure, he skated in slow as molasses into four defenders and never even got his shot off. Stolen before he even knew what happened, and after it did he threw his hands up in dismay and skated back on defense maybe even more slowly than his "drive". Honestly I don't think I've ever been more disgusted in an individual play that didn't involve my team. Maybe not even that bad.

Maybe it's not indicative of his overall talent...but I thought he was dreadful.

Old
05-16-2012, 06:35 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
I don't think there is a way Caps will pass on Faksa if he's available.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:11 PM
amnesiac
Space Oddity

updated

amnesiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Brock Anton
wat

If Lukas Sutter is available for Carolina in the second round, JR will take him. It's pretty much a given.

Brock Anton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:45 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

As a Boston fan I'd love it if they drafted Koekkoek.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:56 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

Changed my mind about Zharkov. I would expect Anaheim to take Severson, Samuelsson, Jankowski, or Schmaltz.

Old
05-29-2012, 03:03 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Dallas will take Girgensons over Gaunce pretty easily. Not much doubt there.

And if Bozon is available in the 2nd round, we'll snag him at 43rd. We'd also likely take a defender at 61st, but I don't know any specific names.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 06:47 PM
hizzoner

If Buffalo, badly in need of a centre, takes a smallish forward and a small defenceman with their first 2 picks- I will be sick. With Ennis, Roy, Gerbe, Hodgson, Pominville, all smaller forwards Buffalo should go for a big centre. If a defenceman--then a scary tough shut down guy or at least someone who has size, can skate, who can handle the cycle. Collberg and Pouliot are talented but unless the other choices are incapable of playing in the NHL I hope Buffalo passes on them.

hizzoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by intylerwetrust View Post
25. St. Louis - Brady Skjei - D

56. St. Louis - Henrik Samuelsson - C
I'd be happy with this, too.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:10 PM
bigfatfist

Great job. Love that it's been updated to include people's comments.

I'm still stuck on Gaunce and Wilson. I think they're both high. I would definitely defer to Bulls fans, but I just really wasn't that impressed with Gaunce down the stretch and into the playoffs. To me, he looked slow in both his speed and ability to anticipate the play.

Wilson, I think, makes it nowhere near the 1st round in a deeper draft. Might be a nice project pick, but when your deficiencies are skating + offence + consistent effort, I start to get worried!!! Only saw him a couple times, but was REALLY surprised when lists had him so high.

Wonder if Gaunce might drop. Pretty sure Tallon doesn't go in on Wilson.

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:18 AM
amnesiac
Space Oddity

updated

Old
06-15-2012, 01:08 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

If the Hawks come out with Pouliot and Dansk I'd be happy. Good job.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 01:24 PM
pezcore

Devils announced that they will be keeping their #1 pick

pezcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:03 PM
amnesiac
Space Oddity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezcore View Post
Devils announced that they will be keeping their #1 pick
how does that make sense? theyll undoubtedly be picking higher than 29th next year, AND 2013 is supposed to be a deeper draft. Go figure.

Old
06-21-2012, 09:02 AM
amnesiac
Space Oddity

updated