HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Vancouver

Old
04-23-2012, 05:40 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
I don't like either team at all, but good lord the OP is bad for the Canucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
2nd + Carter + Komisarek

for

Luongo
You forgot the .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
Why is it that my fellow Leafs fans come up with some of the most ridiculous trade proposals on this thing...?

This isn't NHL12. Perceived trade value means jack. Not to mention that any trade value a Leafs fan gives a Leafs player, needs to be hammered down by roughly half.. we overvalue everyone.

Komisarek's name involved in a trade for Lou? You should automatically be logged out
A reasonable and unbiased Leaf fan on HFboards? You sir, are an endangered species.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
why not just dump Komisarek in another deal... or send him to the minors - God knows that the Leafs can afford to pay his salary in the minors and not have it count against his cap (much like the Rangers did with Redden)?

My personal opinion is that I'd deal Luongo for the best package I could get... if that means that the only offer out there is 2nd + Komisarek (or another cap dump), I'd do it. But I also think that there will be at least 2 or 3 teams (if not more) that would have interest in Luongo, and would be able to offer a better package than that, and not force the Canucks to take on a cap dump.

If that's the best that the Leafs could offer, and they insist that Komisarek be part of the deal, I'm confident that another team will beat that.

But personal opinion, I'd try and keep Schneider at all costs, he's the goalie I want here for the long-term. And if that means moving Luongo for a low bid taking on a cap dump that we have to eat in the minors, I'd do it... I just think people here underrate his interest around the league and he'll get better offers than that.
Sorry man, I disagree with your "dump him at any price" kind of mentality. He's still a stellar goalie, so we don't settle for Komisarek and a pick. If Gillis was going to take any offer, Schnedier would have carried the Avs into the playoffs this season and we'd have Duncan Siemen in our prospect pool.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
Why is it that my fellow Leafs fans come up with some of the most ridiculous trade proposals on this thing...?

This isn't NHL12. Perceived trade value means jack. Not to mention that any trade value a Leafs fan gives a Leafs player, needs to be hammered down by roughly half.. we overvalue everyone.

Komisarek's name involved in a trade for Lou? You should automatically be logged out
I usually look at the post count of the proposer to get an idea of how much they come to this site and contribute. Under 300 is usually my threshold for not here enough (yes i know mine is under 300 )

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

I agree with NFITO. We cannot trade Schneider, he is the real deal. Our defense did him no favours this postseason, he and the Sedins were the only bright spots on our roster. I'm willing to bet Schneider will be thought of as a top 5 goalie in the not so distant future. We need to do whatever it takes to keep him and move Luongo.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:45 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
We'd need to give you a player with a high cap hit with some term left.

Maybe Gunner + Komi + prospect

for

Luongo + respectable Dman (not Ballard)
Ballard>Komi
Luo>Gunnar
and there isn't a leafs prospect to make up the difference.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:57 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Sorry man, I disagree with your "dump him at any price" kind of mentality. He's still a stellar goalie, so we don't settle for Komisarek and a pick. If Gillis was going to take any offer, Schnedier would have carried the Avs into the playoffs this season and we'd have Duncan Siemen in our prospect pool.
It's not at all a "dump him at any price" mentality. You're missing the point.

We have two options this offseason. This isn't like last offseason at all, where there was no risk of losing Schneider. You either keep Luongo or you keep Schneider. You will not be able to keep both. I completely believe that, and don't put any stock into notions that the Canucks can sign Schneider to whatever is left over under the salary cap and try and wait for the best offer. I suppose in a perfect world that could happen.. but if I was a GM, I would never wait past July 1st to find out, as I would then have a much higher chance of losing Schneider without getting the type of return I'd want back and be forced into the decision on which goalie to go with.

As a GM, you have to make that call right now... or at least prior to July 1st. That's your window and you can't let that close and be potentially stuck with the returns of an offer sheet from another team, or lose out on valuable cap space that you need to fill holes on the current roster - and we all know this roster needs upgrading.

IMO, the goalie you go with is Schneider. If you're going with Schneider long-term - you HAVE to move Luongo this offseason. The Canucks are already a cap team. They have holes on their roster they have to fix. They have upgrades they need to be concerned about. They can not lock up $5.33mill in cap space for a back-up goalie role while they wait it out for the best offer they can get.

And that's what it comes down to for me... it's either Schneider or Luongo, and given the importance of the goaltending position, I'd rather go with Schneider regardless of whatever return you could possibly get for him while keeping Luongo long-term.

Because of that, you need to take the best deal you can get for Luongo. I do think that there will be a few teams that would want him. And as such, I look for the best possible offer I can get. I don't think at all that 2nd + Komisarek + prospect is the best that Luongo can bring... I am very confident that he can bring a much better return.

but when it gets to the deadline - when you know you need to shed Luongo's cap hit to secure Schneider's future or lose Schneider to potential offer sheets - I'd move Luongo for whatever the best offer is, even if that's just a deal where you're basically dumping Luongo to commit to Schneider. Again, I don't believe it would come to that, but I would take that before allowing Schneider to walk via offer sheet.

This offseason for the Canucks is most definitely about their goaltending situation. That will determine the future direction of the franchise IMO. It will determine what upgrades we can possibly make with the rest of our roster as well. And IMO it's best if Luongo's time is done, and Schneider's begins.

NFITO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Nuck This

Leaf fans you have to give to get....Gardiner or the 5th overall. If Schneider was in the draft right now at his age and everything....Would Edmonton and Columbus take Schneider first or second? I think one of them would. His value is a top 5 pick or top end blue chip prospect.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Rodimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Leaf fans you have to give to get....Gardiner or the 5th overall. If Schneider was in the draft right now at his age and everything....Would Edmonton and Columbus take Schneider first or second? I think one of them would. His value is a top 5 pick or top end blue chip prospect.
not in a million years. if thats what the canucks are asking, a lot of teams will just call up montreal and make a lesser offer on a much better goalie in price.
or call st louis about one of their two goalies, again for less.

Rodimus Prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:12 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Change that to Luongo and I would do it.

At this point, I want to make sure that there is no way we could keep Schneider and move Luongo before even considering dealing Schneider... until we know for sure that can't happen, I wouldn't consider any deal for Schneider.
but we wouldnt

If you give us Luongo, you need to send us something for taking ur cap dump.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:12 PM
waitin425

I think both trades offered by the OP are spot on.......

Vancouver fans are setting themselves up for a major disappointment, much like Habs fans were in the Halak deal.

**IF** Vancouver deals Schnieder, don't expect much more than an early 2nd rounder and decent prospect (Kadri)

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:13 PM
waitin425

Quote:
Again......setting yourselves up for MAJOR disappointment!

A comparable trade that you should look at is Halak to St Louis.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:14 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
If you want Gardiner send us Edler + Schneider.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Again......setting yourselves up for MAJOR disappointment!

A comparable trade that you should look at is Halak to St Louis.
Schneider is better than Halak.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:17 PM
IceDogsandLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwice View Post
To Toronto: Corey Schneider

To Vancouver:

2nd rd pk 2012, 4th rd pk, Carter Ashton

or

2nd rd pk 2012, Nazem Kadri

Thoughts?

I would take option one.

IceDogsandLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:18 PM
waitin425

Quote:
The hype around Halak at the time of his trade and playoff perfomance was equal too or greater than Schnieder. That can not be argued.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:19 PM
IceDogsandLeafs

Quote:
Change that to Luongo and I would do it.

At this point, I want to make sure that there is no way we could keep Schneider and move Luongo before even considering dealing Schneider... until we know for sure that can't happen, I wouldn't consider any deal for Schneider.
I would say the same thing in your shows because that deal is advantage Leafs. Now Luongo has disaster written all over it, which means Burke will make the move for him this summer

IceDogsandLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:20 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Ballard>Komi
Luo>Gunnar
and there isn't a leafs prospect to make up the difference.
better contract makes it
Komi>Ballard

Gunnar>>>>>Luo AINEC

Old
04-23-2012, 06:20 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
but we wouldnt

If you give us Luongo, you need to send us something for taking ur cap dump.
Like I said above, I'm confident that Luongo can bring a good return from some team. If that's what the Leafs think of Luongo's value, they obviously don't want him... I'm confident another team will.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:21 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Add Kessel, and i'd think about it.

LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Rodimus Prime

Quote:
halak had just come off leading his team to the conference final, schneider got eliminated in the first round with the presidents trophy team in front of him.

looking at your other posts though, youre clearly quite delusional.

Rodimus Prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:24 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime View Post
halak had just come off leading his team to the conference final, schneider got eliminated in the first round with the presidents trophy team in front of him.

looking at your other posts though, youre clearly quite delusional.
You realize that the President's trophy team was awful, and the Sedins were all the offense? I don't think any goalie in the nhl would have made a difference.

LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Vandelay Industries

Quote:
better contract makes it
Komi>Ballard

Gunnar>>>>>Luo AINEC
how is komi on a better contract than ballard? Ballard at his worst is still much better than Komi, and I personally thought he was a bright spot in the playoffs with his play. And even with Luongos contract he is still worth more than Gunnarson. Maybe Gunnarson is worth more to Toronto than other teams? I dont know but im pretty sure Luo has more value as a top 10 goalie in the league than Gunnarson.

Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Just lock this thread, it's getting pretty stupid.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:29 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDogsandLeafs View Post
I would say the same thing in your shows because that deal is advantage Leafs. Now Luongo has disaster written all over it, which means Burke will make the move for him this summer
I don't think that Luongo has disaster written all over him... he's showing all the signs of a goalie that will adjust well with a change of scenery. He's saying all the right things in the press, has been nothing but a great teammate even when put in a backup role, and has actually played very well all season long, and even in the playoffs, he was still the best Canuck in the 2 games he played.

I think that he's shown tremendous maturity this season doing pretty much a 180 from his previous years, and said and done all the right things all season long - which has been the first time in his years in Vancouver. I think he's come to terms with the fact that he's going to have to move on, and is doing that in a mature manner. He's a big competitor and will want to prove himself again in a new market.

I like Luongo's chances of rebounding into top form with another team... he is just a year removed from the 3rd time he's been a Vezina finalist. He's a much better goalie than most people give him credit for, and has shown a lot of maturity this past year. He needs a fresh start some where else though.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:31 PM
TheSilencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwice View Post
To Toronto: Corey Schneider

To Vancouver:

2nd rd pk 2012, 4th rd pk, Carter Ashton

or

2nd rd pk 2012, Nazem Kadri

Thoughts?
Oh my. I mean, How can Vancouver say no to these fantastic deals. Specially that first deal is just too good to pass up.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote