HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Toronto - Vancouver

Old
04-23-2012, 10:36 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
that is true but Roberto is Roberto and I promise you, youll never win a cup with him, I knew him as an Islander and he was Wierd even then, he's very high maintenance and if you end up losing Schneider because you couldnt move Roberto's contract or wouldnt move him because you thought you could get more, I guarantee youre gonna wish you had

like I said if I was Toronto's GM id tell Gillis, yeah talk to me about Schneider, I wouldnt touch Roberto at all
Where's the source? I don't believe you to be honest, and did you know him personally?

And okay, maybe Luo will never win a cup with Vancouver, but he gives Toronto one hell of a chance to make the playoffs. And even if Toronto doesn't want Luo no matter what, I'd find another trading partner to trade Luo then. I just don't want Komisarek for Luo.

DennisReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:41 PM
dierks

Question for Canuck fans... after browsing around these forums it seems pretty clear Schneider has become the next Patrick Roy or Marty Brodeur. Now we also know he won't be traded unless a team offers their first rounder for the next 5-7 years.

What does his next contract look like?

dierks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:41 PM
FAMOUSfin

Komisarek fills no needs for the canucks, he would be a pure cap dump that can't even be buried in the minors. Anything involving Komisarek is a non-starter. Toronto's best chance at dumping salary to Vancouver is one of either Schenn or Lombardi.

FAMOUSfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMicrowave View Post
Where's the source? I don't believe you to be honest, and did you know him personally?

And okay, maybe Luo will never win a cup with Vancouver, but he gives Toronto one hell of a chance to make the playoffs. And even if Toronto doesn't want Luo no matter what, I'd find another trading partner to trade Luo then. I just don't want Komisarek for Luo.
ill tell you a story and you can check with Roberto if you wish, back when Roberto was an Islander he missed a game because he was out apartment hunting with a real estate agent,when Milbury got on him about it, he told mike: "but she was cute"

That was when mike decided to trade him and he did 3 months later and no i dont know him personally but h8is time as an Islander is legendary, they still talk about him

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:48 PM
FAMOUSfin

the islanders are a joke, glad to know roberto has his priorities straight

FAMOUSfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:49 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
ill tell you a story and you can check with Roberto if you wish, back when Roberto was an Islander he missed a game because he was out apartment hunting with a real estate agent,when Milbury got on him about it, he told mike: "but she was cute"

That was when mike decided to trade him and he did 3 months later
Okay but where's the source? Where did you hear this from? Once I see that evidence that it happened, I'll believe you.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:50 PM
IceDogsandLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMOUSfin View Post
the islanders are a joke, glad to know roberto has his priorities straight
That was original and predictable.

IceDogsandLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Okay but where's the source? Where did you hear this from? Once I see that evidence that it happened, I'll believe you.
The source was milbury himself at a rotary club meeting in Hicksville long Island, i dont know if it was ever in print but im sure Roberto can verify it. didnt you ever wonder why milbury traded him after his first season?. I asked and that was his answer.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:55 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
The source was milbury himself at a rotary club meeting in Hicksville long Island, i dont know if it was ever in print but im sure Roberto can verify it. didnt you ever wonder why milbury traded him after his first season?. I asked and that was his answer.
Oh okay, I completely believe you then. BTW, I talked to Milbury when he was in Vancouver for the Stanley Cup Finals and he told me he traded Luongo because he was an idiot back then, so he lied to you. Sorry about that.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Quote:
Assuming that you're a Leafs fan, how the hell did he become an assistant captain?
I think he became an assistant as soon as he came, which probably means based on reputation as he was a former all-star and I think held assistant captain on the Habs prior to his time on the Leafs.

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Oh okay, I completely believe you then. BTW, I talked to Milbury when he was in Vancouver for the Stanley Cup Finals and he told me he traded Luongo because he was an idiot back then, so he lied to you. Sorry about that.
he may have meant that he thought Roberto was an idiot, or possibly that mike was an idiot for getting so mad over something so typical of a kid to do, that he traded him, but i doubt the story was a lie. you had to see his face when he told it. and theres a ton of other stories told about him on the Island.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:08 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
he may have meant that he thought Roberto was an idiot, or possibly that mike was an idiot for getting so mad over something so typical of a kid to do, that he traded him, but i doubt the story was a lie. you had to see his face when he told it. and theres a ton of other stories told about him on the Island.
Nope, he told me "I was just an idiot", and you should've seen his face when he said that. And he specifically said the story involving Luongo with a real estate agent was a lie.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Nope, he told me "I was just an idiot", and you should've seen his face when he said that. And he specifically said the story involving Luongo with a real estate agent was a lie.
oh ok then i guess it was, it sure was a great story though, it broke everybody up, thats for sure,

Old
04-23-2012, 11:13 PM
ProstheticConscience
Supertank 15/16

vCash: 50
Quote:
If you're actually using an anecdote from Mike Milbury about Luongo from a decade ago to malign his character you're officially scraping the bottom of the barrel. Just stop.

ProstheticConscience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:14 PM
SoulReaper
Cake is a LIE!

This thread is gold.
How about leafs and canucks dont trade each other?

SoulReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
If you're actually using an anecdote from Mike Milbury about Luongo from a decade ago to malign his character you're officially scraping the bottom of the barrel. Just stop.
i heard him say it and he did trade him away, you have to remember Luongo was the highest goalie ever drafted at the time, and we islander fans were expecting big things from him, so I asked Mike about it. what he said sounded credible and i had no reason to doubt it.

What would you believe in that situation? and besides thats not the only story that you hear about Luongo when he was an Islander, there are several that paint him as a bit of a prima donna, are you gonna tell me everyone lied ? even people in vancouver say he's not your typical hockey player.

and i wasnt maligning anybody i was just saying what i was told. if you dont think it is a big deal thats fine, trade Schneider then

Old
04-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I was thinking maybe Gillis drops off Luongo in front of the ACC with a note attached.
Note saying: "Tell Schenn to report by the end of the week."

Huzzah, a trade where neither GM has to face each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDogsandLeafs View Post
Not a chance in any universe that a top 5 pick is involved in a deal that is bringing the Leafs a goalie who may be the most overrated in the league. No way
Dude, I was being sarcastic because someone else thinks Komisarek for Luongo is fair value. I know you wouldn't trade that first nor should you.

Quote:
i heard him say it and he did trade him away, you have to remember Luongo was the highest goalie ever drafted at the time, and we islander fans were expecting big things from him, so I asked Mike about it. what he said sounded credible and i had no reason to doubt it.

What would you believe in that situation? and besides thats not the only story that you hear about Luongo when he was an Islander, there are several that paint him as a bit of a prima donna, are you gonna tell me everyone lied ? even people in vancouver say he's not your typical hockey player.

and i wasnt maligning anybody i was just saying what i was told. if you dont think it is a big deal thats fine, trade Schneider then
That Milbury is a dumbass and that was a sad attempt to justify one of the worst trades in NHL history, because that's what I think. For someone claiming Luongo will get us nowhere. He almost won the cup last year. Yes, the Boston series was a disaster however with eight goals scored over seven games, it hardly becomes the fault of the goaltender. He even posted two shutouts in that series. In short, just stop. You have absolutely no idea what you're even talking about.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:43 AM
SilverHaireDevil

The Canucks are married to Bobby Lou, his NTC and NMC give him the house if there is a divorce, its time to ship your ginger mistress to a friend out east and get some nice stuff in return.

Or keep the mistress and get badly burned in the divorce.

Not an easy choice for GMMG , easy choice for fans( keep the mistress )

From an asset management point of view, divorcing the wife is going to be ugly.

SilverHaireDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Falcons93

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwice View Post
To Toronto: Corey Schneider

To Vancouver:

2nd rd pk 2012, 4th rd pk, Carter Ashton

or

2nd rd pk 2012, Nazem Kadri

Thoughts?
I love how you act as if Ashton + the 4th rounder = Kadri. Kadri still has the potential to be a good player in the NHL.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:51 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
The Canucks are married to Bobby Lou, his NTC and NMC give him the house if there is a divorce, its time to ship your ginger mistress to a friend out east and get some nice stuff in return.

Or keep the mistress and get badly burned in the divorce.

Not an easy choice for GMMG , easy choice for fans( keep the mistress )

From an asset management point of view, divorcing the wife is going to be ugly.
He doesn't have a NMC and that makes a serious difference for his contract as it gets down to the last 3 years. Luongo's competitiveness in the end would drive him to ask for a trade. He won't play a season as a backup. He has a lot of baggage with this city I think he knows sadly it is probably his time to move on. Schneider has been developed through the Canucks organization from the beginning which means they have been able to install the culture they wanted in him. That is something hard to come by. Luongo will return a decent amount, there are enough teams who need a good goalie. It will be less than what Schneider will return though.

Numbers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:05 AM
SilverHaireDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
He doesn't have a NMC and that makes a serious difference for his contract as it gets down to the last 3 years. Luongo's competitiveness in the end would drive him to ask for a trade. He won't play a season as a backup. He has a lot of baggage with this city I think he knows sadly it is probably his time to move on. Schneider has been developed through the Canucks organization from the beginning which means they have been able to install the culture they wanted in him. That is something hard to come by. Luongo will return a decent amount, there are enough teams who need a good goalie. It will be less than what Schneider will return though.
Schneider great looking goalie, RFA Lack good looking goalie RFA, not much in the way of cap space, if Luongo doesn't go to a team he approves an offer sheet or two could destroy the canucks cap.

I'm not trying to be anything but realistic, every GM in the league knows the Canucks are over a barrel on this one, and will act accordingly, 6 UFA's to replace, 4 RFA's to sign or replace on the current roster (including Schneider and Lack) with 9.2 mil in cap space as of july 1st, 0 cap space as of this moment.

This is why I say the divorce from Bobby Lou could get ugly from an asset management point of view.

And why I feel that it will be Schneider that goes because he can net the team so much more in return. (prospects/picks and not a bunch of cap hit)

SilverHaireDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:07 AM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
I'm not sure if Luongo would waive to go to Toronto, and if he did the Leafs have some decent pieces to work out a trade with, but yeah Vancouver isn't going to touch Komisarek.

Keep in mind that while we take Luongo's $5.3M off the books that money is going to be quickly eaten up by Schneiders next contract. There is some matter of dispute on what this would be among the Canucks fanbase but personally I'm in the higher end and thinking $4.5-5.0M. So basically the cap saving should be minimal, and we'd simply be adding Komisarek's anchor to an already tight payroll.

It should be pretty straightforward, no competitive team with a high payroll is going to take Komisarek from Toronto. Personally, if in some strange universe Vancouver had to trade Luongo and Toronto was the only team willing to trade, and Burke is playing hardball saying he'll only trade Komisarek, I'd rather just give up our 1st with Luongo to get Toronto to keep Komisarek.

In other words I'm saying:

Luongo + VAN 1st
FOR
TOR 7th

Is a better deal for Vancouver than Luongo for Komisarek straight up.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:10 AM
heathfilms*

2nd rd pk 2012, Nazem Kadri

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

change that 2nd to your 1st then maybe you have a deal I know that NYI and CBJ would offer there 1st to get Cory

heathfilms* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
Schneider great looking goalie, RFA Lack good looking goalie RFA, not much in the way of cap space, if Luongo doesn't go to a team he approves an offer sheet or two could destroy the canucks cap.

I'm not trying to be anything but realistic, every GM in the league knows the Canucks are over a barrel on this one, and will act accordingly, 6 UFA's to replace, 4 RFA's to sign or replace on the current roster (including Schneider and Lack) with 9.2 mil in cap space as of july 1st, 0 cap space as of this moment.

This is why I say the divorce from Bobby Lou could get ugly from an asset management point of view.

And why I feel that it will be Schneider that goes because he can net the team so much more in return. (prospects/picks and not a bunch of cap hit)
Your reasoning has merit based on a particular strategy, but there is a much realistic way read this offer sheet situation. First of all it does not happen as much as people think and for good reason. It does in fact put a target on that particular GM, and makes future dealings with teams harder. Many people in the business world would call this "career suicide". GM thinks about his career as much as the rest of us, maybe more. The second point is that this situation will most likely dealt with before/at the draft. Therefore Schneider will never reach any sort of free agency.

Numbers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:28 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:

I think you've missed his point. First of all it has nothing to do with keeping Luongo or Schneider. Most Canuck fans want to keep Schneider because he's younger, is already playing at a high level and still has more potential overall as a player. IMO Schneider will be a top-5 goalie for the next several years... that's not to suggest that Luongo is useless... with 30 teams in the league, Luongo is still better than at least half the starters out there. We all know that he's considerably better than anything the Leafs have got as well. There's no doubt that he would be an upgrade in goal for a lot of teams... as would Schneider.

But your story is still irrelevant and that's the point I believe the poster was trying to make. Even if your story is true, all that tells us is what a dumbass Milbury was for dealing him - if that was indeed his justification.

Luongo was a 20 yr old rookie with the Isles... he played all of 24 games for them as a 20 yr old (and 26 in the AHL). If Milbury is trading players because of the immaturity they show as 20 yr olds, then he's an idiot... that's almost as stupid as using the examples of someone as a 20 yr old and ripping his character now as a 33 yr old.

Luongo isn't the same kid he was when he was with the Isles. Everything he's shown and done this season shows a lot of maturity overall.

But you heard something immature he did as a 20 yr old and want to generalize his entire character because of it?

I guess Patrick Kane is useless for any team, and a total cancer to any locker room... the kid beat up a cabbie!

Kids do stupid things, and Luongo was probably no different. I don't judge him as a person today for what he did at 20. Today, he's been a model teammate all season, kept his trap shut on and off the ice. He's been very supportive of Schneider as well.

What a surprise though huh? Who would think that people mature from 20 to 33?

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote