HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Vancouver

Old
04-24-2012, 03:39 PM
LotteryForLife*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
How can you not be sold on him. There's only one reason for that and that's either a lack of hockey knowledge or you just haven't watched him play.
He's a great young goalie who was his team's best player in the playoffs. Would Canucks fans consider a deal like this?

Okposo
1st Rd pick 2013 (Top 2 protected)
Nilsson

For

Schneider
3rd Round pick 2013

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
I think someone else would trade more than that. 2013 1st + Colborne/Ashton seems a lot more likely to get discussion started.
If it's a 2013 1st and Ashton....maybe.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:44 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
No kidding? Thats as bad any other Leafs-Canucks proposal Ive seen.
I think you overrate his value.

Ashton or Colborne gets you a recent 1st round prospect that have both been developing where neither looks like they'll bust and not make it to the NHL. A 2nd from Toronto has decent value.

How much more do you expect for a guy in Luongo's situation? The team doesn't have the benefit of time with him, where they can just hold out for the best deal. They also have to deal with a NTC and Luongo agreeing to the deal. And of course the long-term deal.

If you're expecting more for him, I think you'll be disappointed.

Getting a recent 1st round prospect developing towards a NHL role and a 2nd rounder is solid value for him IMO.. Not only does that boost the team's pipeline with a player that can contribute on a ELC, it doesn't bring back any bad contracts where you have to eat cap space... It gives you flexibility and a young player with good potential.

I'd be shocked if we saw much more than that for Luongo. We ain't getting the 5th pick (or TBay's 1st) or Gardiner or Connolly, etc.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I assume you mean bad for the Nucks? I didn't propose it, i just agreed.
Hey fair enough, this is one bad offer I can't hang on you.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post

Ashton or Colborne gets you a recent 1st round prospect that have both been developing where neither looks like they'll bust and not make it to the NHL. A 2nd from Toronto has decent value.

How much more do you expect for a guy in Luongo's situation? The team doesn't have the benefit of time with him, where they can just hold out for the best deal. They also have to deal with a NTC and Luongo agreeing to the deal. And of course the long-term deal.

Getting a recent 1st round prospect developing towards a NHL role and a 2nd rounder is solid value for him IMO.. Not only does that boost the team's pipeline with a player that can contribute on a ELC, it doesn't bring back any bad contracts where you have to eat cap space... It gives you flexibility and a young player with good potential.

I'd be shocked if we saw much more than that for Luongo. We ain't getting the 5th pick (or TBay's 1st) or Gardiner or Connolly, etc.
My friend...a chorus of angels are now singing HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:49 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
He's a great young goalie who was his team's best player in the playoffs. Would Canucks fans consider a deal like this?

Okposo
Nilsson

For

Schneider
3rd Round pick 2013
No.. Not for a second... I'd hang up the phone after telling you that Schneider isn't available.

I think the majority of Canucks fans are now just hoping that they can find a deal for Luongo and keep Schneider long-term.

I wouldn't consider moving Schneider until it's clear that we can't keep him and have to go with Luongo. Until that happens, you need to offer up Tavares (yea I know insane and would never happen)... Schneider is the guy I want to see us keep long-term, and outside a stupid overpayment that no team would ever offer, I do my best to lock him up and move Luongo instead.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:

Okposo
Nilsson

For

Schneider
3rd Round pick 2013
Garth Snow would never offer that, not in a million years. He has 3 very highly rated goalies in Poulin, Nilsson and Koskinen, the Isles couldnt get ice time for all three to develop them properly so the sent Koskinen back to finland to play regularly and then in january Poulin won AHL goalie of the month. When Montoya was hurt they brought up Poulin and then Nilsson won AHL goalie of the month for February.

Lottery If you really are an Isles fan and not a troll you need to listen when our GM speaks. at the presser for resigning Nabokov Garth said he resigned him to give our young goalies the time to develop properly. Garth has no interest in acquiring another prospect goaltender, even one as promising as Schneider who is one year away from UFA status

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post

I tend to agree with this post in general, I think that TB would be willing to offer Detroit's 1st and Tyrell which IMO is a fairly comparable offer value wise.I would rather have Colborne, but I'd also rather have Detroit's 1st, so it's a bit of a toss-up. If Toronto offered Colborne and Tor 2nd, I'd be real tempted to look for more elsewhere but I would understand a deal like that.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 05:58 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
Garth Snow would never offer that, not in a million years. He has 3 very highly rated goalies in Poulin, Nilsson and Koskinen, the Isles couldnt get ice time for all three to develop them properly so the sent Koskinen back to finland to play regularly and then in january Poulin won AHL goalie of the month. When Montoya was hurt they brought up Poulin and then Nilsson won AHL goalie of the month for February.

Lottery If you really are an Isles fan and not a troll you need to listen when our GM speaks. at the presser for resigning Nabokov Garth said he resigned him to give our young goalies the time to develop properly. Garth has no interest in acquiring another prospect goaltender, even one as promising as Schneider who is one year away from UFA status
Koskinen isn't a highly rated prospect and relax guy. I am an Islander fan. Just a reallistic one

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:15 PM
pullyoursocksup

Quote:

Okposo
Nilsson

For

Schneider
3rd Round pick 2013
yes the canucks would absolutely consider this. that being said, i think the management will choose which goalie to keep prior to engaging in serious trade talks, and its likely that the goalie to go will be luongo.

pullyoursocksup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:17 PM
fancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullyoursocksup View Post
yes the canucks would absolutely consider this. that being said, i think the management will choose which goalie to keep prior to engaging in serious trade talks, and its likely that the goalie to go will be luongo.
I think the Canucsk have had enuogh 2nd liner-potential and prospects.

If Schnieder is moved, it'll be an impact player.

fancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:19 PM
pullyoursocksup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I tend to agree with this post in general, I think that TB would be willing to offer Detroit's 1st and Tyrell which IMO is a fairly comparable offer value wise.I would rather have Colborne, but I'd also rather have Detroit's 1st, so it's a bit of a toss-up. If Toronto offered Colborne and Tor 2nd, I'd be real tempted to look for more elsewhere but I would understand a deal like that.
i think the canucks will want a young defenseman from the leafs if a package deal was to go down. Judging by how leafs have managed their defense, I would think it would be franson.

i could see a deal like:

luongo, raymond
for
franson, macarthur, 2nd

pullyoursocksup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Ripper

Luongo instead to Toronto

Luongo is as good as gone so this thread will never happen. Expect Luongo to go to the Leafs for something of the following;
2nd rounder+
1 of Komisarek or Franson
that would be about it, they are not getting much for Luongo and the trade will happen as soon as they are able to make the move.

Mark my words, he will be traded and there won't be much coming back the other way.

Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:23 PM
BoHorvatFan

The Luongo contract is basically a 6 year deal.

The question is if luongo was a UFA this July 1st would you sign him to a 6 year deal with a cap hit of 5.3 million? Im pretty sure most fans of teams will poor goaltending would say hell yes and burke/nonis sure would. The actual salary means nothing to a team like the Leafs, in fact its an advantage to have a guy who makes more than his cap hit for them.

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Koskinen isn't a highly rated prospect and relax guy. I am an Islander fan. Just a reallistic one
not very realistic one, not when our general manager has said he is committed to our young goaltenders, What part of that indicates any interest whatsoever in acquiring soon to be UFA Schneider?

if Garth doesnt see a need to add Schneider, how much of a realistic fan can you truly be? especially when you realize Schneider can walk in one season

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote