HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marc Staal or Dan Girardi to the Lightning

Old
04-23-2012, 04:44 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

vCash: 500
Marc Staal or Dan Girardi to the Lightning

What would it take to get Marc Staal or Dan Girardi on the Lightning?

I'm not sure what the Rangers need or what those players value are to the Rangers, but just to get the ball rolling I'll throw out:

Marc Staal

Ryan Malone

Feel free too adjust to what seems fair. I would also like opinions as to whether or not the Rangers trading one of those two players is even probable.

All counter offers are welcome (even involving other players who might be similar to either of these two), but keep in mind it is unlikely Tampa would trade either Hedman or Brewer since that would be a lateral move on Tampa's part.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
What would it take to get Marc Staal or Dan Girardi on the Lightning?

I'm not sure what the Rangers need or what those players value are to the Rangers, but just to get the ball rolling I'll throw out:

Marc Staal

Ryan Malone

Feel free too adjust to what seems fair. I would also like opinions as to whether or not the Rangers trading one of those two players is even probable.

All counter offers are welcome (even involving other players who might be similar to either of these two), but keep in mind it is unlikely Tampa would trade either Hedman or Brewer since that would be a lateral move on Tampa's part.
Not a bad beginning but honestly Ryan Malone is to injury prone for me in order to trade Staal or Girardi.. Although i LOVE Malone's play.

We need scoring and Stamkos would be nice ha.. but depending upon what the return is, id say everyone on our blueline is available along with Dubinsky, Anisimov, and our 2012 1st rounder. But Mcd is a no go unless Stamkos is coming the other way..

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:50 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Girardi is not getting moved. He has been great and he is one of few RD's on our team. Staal won't get moved unless a premier D or a premier LW is coming back.

I like Malone but it wouldn't be enough.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Can Purcell play LW?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:56 PM
2 Weekes Notice

I'd do Malone for Staal from Tampa's end, and wouldn't mind tossing in a pick/prospect to even things up.

That said, there's that pesky NMC. There aren't a lot of guys that wouldn't waive for NYR, but Malone seems awfully content where he is.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:58 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Not a bad beginning but honestly Ryan Malone is to injury prone for me in order to trade Staal or Girardi.. Although i LOVE Malone's play.

We need scoring and Stamkos would be nice ha.. but depending upon what the return is, id say everyone on our blueline is available along with Dubinsky, Anisimov, and our 2012 1st rounder. But Mcd is a no go unless Stamkos is coming the other way..
Isn't Staal coming back from a major injury and hasn't looked the same since? Malone isn't injury prone he just plays a tough physical game which leads to missing a few games. He's been healthy and productive whenever he's been in the playoffs.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:58 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Can Purcell play LW?
He actually plays LW very well. He played there a good portion of the year when on Stamkos's line (He's obviously not gonna bump Marty out of RW ). He usually plays RW when paired up with Vinny though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Girardi is not getting moved. He has been great and he is one of few RD's on our team. Staal won't get moved unless a premier D or a premier LW is coming back.

I like Malone but it wouldn't be enough.
Just for S's and G's, what would needed to be added + Malone for Staal?

Old
04-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Isn't Staal coming back from a major injury and hasn't looked the same since? Malone isn't injury prone he just plays a tough physical game which leads to missing a few games. He's been healthy and productive whenever he's been in the playoffs.
Have you watched Staal lately? hes getting back to that point where he was one of the best shutdown defenseman in the game. He missed half the season and training camp, it takes time to get back into game shape while jumping back into the middle of the season. Take a look at his offseason workout too, the guy is a beast and will be back to his old self later in the playoffs (if we continue on) or next season with a full off season and training camp. Im not trading Staal unless we get a premier goal scorer in return.

What would have to be added with Malone.. How about your 1st rounder and a top tier prospect for Staal or Girardi

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:02 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Yup, legitimate concern. Comes with the territory of his play style though I really like Malone, but he seems to be a player most people are interested in.

Quote:
Yeah, I figured McD was unavailable, similar to Tampa's situation with Hedman. A trade involving MCD and Stamkos is probably pretty unrealistic for both teams. Is NYR looking for current roster players who can add scoring, or good prospects?

Old
04-23-2012, 05:09 PM
IdealisticSniper

Jesus its already getting silly in here and its not even 10 posts in.

Would take Stamkos to get MCD?

Would take our 1st and a top tier to get Staal?

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:13 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Have you watched Staal lately?
Yup, part of the reason why I created this thread. I knew he was gonna bounce back. He's a very good Dman.

Quote:
What would have to be added with Malone.. How about your 1st rounder and a top tier prospect for Staal or Girardi
That is a bit unrealistic. Tampa's 1st is the 10th overall, Staal was drafted at 12th overall. I think Malone + a prospect would be more likely.

Old
04-23-2012, 05:15 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
In all fairness, I don't think he was seriously suggesting a 1 for 1 trade, just commenting on how valuable MCD is to the team.

Old
04-23-2012, 05:32 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Jesus its already getting silly in here and its not even 10 posts in.

Actually it would take Stamkos to get McDonagh. Although the Rangers would have to add to that.

St Louis and Lecavalier are getting old so we wouldn't trade a young d-man with McD's upside for them (and I love St.Louis). Hedman is good but I like McDonagh more + it would just be a lateral move.

So McDonagh ++ for Stamkos basically.

Do not see that trade happening at all though. Why would Tampa trade Stamkos? And why would Rangers trade a 22 year old defenseman that has been the best d-man on a team that had the 3rd lowest GAA in the whole league?

Old
04-23-2012, 05:32 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Have you watched Staal lately? hes getting back to that point where he was one of the best shutdown defenseman in the game. He missed half the season and training camp, it takes time to get back into game shape while jumping back into the middle of the season. Take a look at his offseason workout too, the guy is a beast and will be back to his old self later in the playoffs (if we continue on) or next season with a full off season and training camp. Im not trading Staal unless we get a premier goal scorer in return.

I've seen Staal play lately, he's the 4th best D on the Rangers behind McD/MDZ/Giradi and Stralman has looked almost as good as him. I don't care about his off season workouts cause we have Gary Roberts who is probally the best conditioning coach there is. Malone has averaged around 70 games and over 20 goals his career. He's hell of a lot better than Dubinsky/Hagelin/Fedotenko. We'll throw in a mid prospect if it'll make you happy.

Old
04-23-2012, 05:33 PM
bernmeister

If Hedman is off the table, as of course is Stamkos, don't see we have a match.

I could see
Girardi + MDZ (who has scoring history w/Stamkos) + Rangers 2nd 2012
for
Hedman + TBL 1st 2012 + 1st 2013

something like that.
Bolts add now, Rangers add to prospects.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:50 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post

I could see
for

something like that.
No offense but you should be banned of making trade offers....

Old
04-23-2012, 05:54 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
I've seen Staal play lately, he's the 4th best D on the Rangers behind McD/MDZ/Giradi and Stralman has looked almost as good as him. I don't care about his off season workouts cause we have Gary Roberts who is probally the best conditioning coach there is. Malone has averaged around 70 games and over 20 goals his career. He's hell of a lot better than Dubinsky/Hagelin/Fedotenko. We'll throw in a mid prospect if it'll make you happy.
Well Dubinsky averages like +40 points just like Malone. Hagelin has got 38 points in 64 gp as a rookie. He is no scrub exactly. Then u add their intagibles. Defense, for and backchecking etc and u see that they are good players. Dubinsky is having a off year offensievly. Big whoop! That has never happened do anyone else in hockey .

Malone is a good player, a nice piece. But it's easier to find 20 goal scorers that averages 40-50 points than it is to find premier shutdown d's like Staal.

So no thank you.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:28 PM
IceDogsandLeafs

It would take much more than just Malone to get Marc Staal! If that is the going rate for one of the best defencemen in the NHL, can the Leafs offer Mac straight up for Staal?

IceDogsandLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:31 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Well Dubinsky averages like +40 points just like Malone. Hagelin has got 38 points in 64 gp as a rookie. He is no scrub exactly. Then u add their intagibles. Defense, for and backchecking etc and u see that they are good players. Dubinsky is having a off year offensievly. Big whoop! That has never happened do anyone else in hockey .

Malone is a good player, a nice piece. But it's easier to find 20 goal scorers that averages 40-50 points than it is to find premier shutdown d's like Staal.

So no thank you.
Ok you can keep Staal, how are you gonna resign MDZ and Stralman this year, then McD and Sauer if healthy next? You are gonna have a pretty big log jam back there if no one gets moved. I'm sure Malone would also help with some scoring and toughness your lacking this series.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:42 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Ok you can keep Staal, how are you gonna resign MDZ and Stralman this year, then McD and Sauer if healthy next? You are gonna have a pretty big log jam back there if no one gets moved. I'm sure Malone would also help with some scoring and toughness your lacking this series.
Del Zotto will not get more than 3M. Sather is good at resigning players at a cheap cost. Stralman won't get over 1.5M. Last time I checked a stacked defensive corps ain't bad.

We could easily get more for Staal than just Malone (no offense). And we do not know if Sauer will return. His concussion is real serious.

If Staal is traded there will be a greater return than Malone. Or he will be packaged for an elite offensive player.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
If we're moving Staal, you can bet that we'll be getting a better return than Malone. Wrong side of 30 and hasn't played a full season in years. No thanks.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:32 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post

I could see
for

something like that.
Holy **** man.

How about Malone and one of our 50 second round picks for Staal? Make no mistake, Malone is a great power forward, a top 6 on just about any team.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:38 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wiserman View Post
Holy **** man.

How about Malone and one of our 50 second round picks for Staal? Make no mistake, Malone is a great power forward, a top 6 on just about any team.
His offer was awful for both teams. But do not come in here crying about that and make it sound like Girardi and MDZ are Wade Redden and Komisarek while Hedman is Shea Weber.

Girardi and MDZ are great players that would slot in on anyones team. Hedman is great too.

Do you really think Rangers would gut their defense for 1 d-man and some picks that might in a couple of years turn into great players?

I think not.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:48 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

I didn't say anything like that. I just said holy **** because that screwed Tampa Bay for the future (hard), something that Yzerman is not willing to give up. He has stated he wants to build around the young core (Stamkos, Hedman, etc). Giving up a young player you want to build around and your first round picks for the next two years doesn't exactly do that. Plus, in my opinion, that is a huge overpayment for those two players. Even with that second round pick.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Emerald Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
Yup, part of the reason why I created this thread. I knew he was gonna bounce back. He's a very good Dman.

That is a bit unrealistic. Tampa's 1st is the 10th overall, Staal was drafted at 12th overall. I think Malone + a prospect would be more likely.
I always love this argument. Who really cares what position Staal was drafted at ? Tampa Bay will be lucky if their 1st round D pick develops into the next Marc Staal. There may be financial reasons why TB doesn't do this trade (since Staal is a lot closer to a big payday and UFA status than a 18 yr draft pick), but draft position doesn't matter at this point.

Staal is a Top 2 dman signed for another 3 years at $3.975M per. If your idea is to trade Malone +, then that + better be pretty attractive (like TB's top prospect and/or other equivalent picks). Even then, NYR probably says no.

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote