HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

Official Translation Thread

Old
12-16-2005, 05:17 AM
interminded

vCash: 500
Could someone give me a quick translation of this article ?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/...741965,00.html

I don't need a whole translation, but a little rundown would be nice.
Is he injured and can't he played at the Olympics (if he would be in the roster of course..)

I guess Tråkigt means Tragic, doesn't it ?

Thanks in advance, anyone.

interminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2005, 07:10 AM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by interminded
Could someone give me a quick translation of this article ?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,741965,00.html

I don't need a whole translation, but a little rundown would be nice.
Is he injured and can't he played at the Olympics (if he would be in the roster of course..)

I guess Tråkigt means Tragic, doesn't it ?

Thanks in advance, anyone.
It says that Salo could miss the Olympics because of a groin injury. And that Stefan Liv is the main challenger.

"Tråkigt" literally means "boring" or in this case the meaning of it is "sad" or "too bad".

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2005, 07:25 AM
interminded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion of the North
It says that Salo could miss the Olympics because of a groin injury. And that Stefan Liv is the main challenger.

"Tråkigt" literally means "boring" or in this case the meaning of it is "sad" or "too bad".
Thanks Lion, I do appreciate it.

interminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2005, 01:42 PM
begino

Orszagh

Hi, may I ask u u to translate this?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,754268,00.html

Thanks

begino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2005, 03:34 PM
samuelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by begino
Hi, may I ask u u to translate this?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,754268,00.html

Thanks
Basically it says that Vladimir Orszagh signed today with Phoenix Coyotes and will therefore be leaving his SEL club Luleå. Orszagh does have a clause in his contract that lets him sign with a NHL club, and there seems to be no bad blood between him and his current club Luleå. But the deal between NHL and International IceHockey Federation IIHF doesn't allow players to leave for NHL at this time, confirmed by IIHF leader Jan-Åke Edvinsson at 18.30 today. The swedish club says this will be a real test for the deal between IIHF and NHL, and if a player leaves for the NHL at this time then the deal is worthless.

samuelsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Telecaster Fanatic

I will give you a rough translation.

"The Slovakian star Vladimir Orszagh will leave Luleå for play in The Phoenix Coyotes."

The club (Luleå) asked during the afternoon, the IIHF for a confirmation as what rules applyes for players that are signed by NHL clubs during this time of year.

The answer (by Jan-Åke Edvinsson IIHF General Secretary) that no transfers are allowed right now.

So, basically, Luleå think that they have the rights, and Phoenix believe that they have the rights.

Hm, my bet he is playing for Phoenix in a week.

EDIT: samuelsson beat me to it.

Telecaster Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2005, 09:09 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Any help on translating this?

Link

swflyers8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2006, 08:14 AM
begino

Hi, may I asku u to translate this shortly, please?

Alla vet att det är allvar nu”

Södertälje borta i kväll, Brynäs borta på torsdag.
Timrå står inför ett viktigt vägskäl i elitserien.
Slutspelskamp eller kvalseriekramp?
Bottenrysaren i elitserien rullar vidare.
För Timrå är det två riktiga ödesmatcher som väntar i veckan: Södertälje (27 poäng) i kväll och Brynäs (33) på torsdag.
Timrå kan haka av bottenkollegorna och gå för en plats i slutspelet – eller få en mycket nervös vårvinter...
– Alla vet att det är allvar nu, säger forwarden Robert Carlsson till Sundsvalls Tidning.
– Vi måste nästan se det här som playoff-matcher, där det är viktigt att vi tar poäng. Vi har två bortamatcher, och där gäller det att vi är med från början och vågar när vi får chansen, säger han.
SSK, som har en seger och två förluster sedan sportchefen Mats Hallin gick ned i båset, har minst lika stor press på sig.
Vid seger har de häng på Brynäs ovanför kvalstrecket

Old
01-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Bill_Meltzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
Any help on translating this?

Link

The article is basically an overview of the Flyers' road trip and how Forsberg has adjusted to (and is enjoying) life in Philly.

Some of the more interesting things in the article:

-- The Flyers road trip is the longest since Calgary's in 1988 (due to the Olympics)

-- Forsberg recently bought an Audi. During the interview, he ejected the CD on the player and put on Springsteen's Streets of Philadelphia ("For the sake of some atmosphere" he joked)

-- He likes living in Rittenhouse Square-- says its a bit like Greenwich Village in NY-- but says Philly is a bit of a rougher city than Denver.

-- He said he's reasonably happy with his production so far, but it's shame he missed six games.

-- Due to the road trip, his parents weren't able to come visit for Christmas. They're planning a mid-January trip instead.

-- He says that he's taken along a couple changes of clothes for the road trip, then it'll be time to hit the dry cleaners.

-- Even though he could have his own room on the road, he chooses to room with Kim Johnsson. He said Johnsson controls the alarm clock and he exercises his right as Johnsson's elder to be in charge of the TV remote control.

-- He said it's a must to do well in the road games and for the team to win, otherwise it feels long and quite tough to get through

Bill_Meltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Bill_Meltzer

Begino-- A brief mini-translation...

It says Timrå faces a couple of critical games this week (Södertälje away tonight, Brynäs away on Thursday) that will go a long way in determining the team's fate for the season: battling for a playoff spot, or trying to avoid kvalserien.

Robert Carlsson said everyone knows it's serious now-- it's important that they take points away from the games, which means they have to stay in the games from start to finish and execute when they get chances.

The rest of it talks about Södertälje's recent situation.

Bill_Meltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2006, 06:10 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 50
Could I please get a rough translation of this article -

http://www.hockeycentralen.se/index...._from=&ucat=8&

It's about Johan Ryno playing or not playing college hockey in the US next year - American sources are saying that he will, but the poster of this article claims that it quotes him as saying he's not interested. Wings fans are decidedly interested in which it is, since the guy seems to be very talented but also very raw, and could use another 3 or 4 years of preparation before they're forced to sign him or release his rights.

Any help would be much appreciated!

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2006, 06:19 AM
Seiza

Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro
Could I please get a rough translation of this article -

http://www.hockeycentralen.se/index...._from=&ucat=8&

It's about Johan Ryno playing or not playing college hockey in the US next year - American sources are saying that he will, but the poster of this article claims that it quotes him as saying he's not interested. Wings fans are decidedly interested in which it is, since the guy seems to be very talented but also very raw, and could use another 3 or 4 years of preparation before they're forced to sign him or release his rights.

Any help would be much appreciated!
He's pretty much killing the rumor about him playing for University of Minnesota next season.

- It's completely false. I said to him (Minnesota's assistant coach Eric Means) that I wasn't interested, says Johan Ryno

- I don't really know how it will be this fall, but my main goal is to play in the SEL. My agent has had a couple of inquirys from SEL teams.

He dosn't want to comment wchich teams are involved though.

Seiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2006, 01:28 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza
He's pretty much killing the rumor about him playing for University of Minnesota next season.

- It's completely false. I said to him (Minnesota's assistant coach Eric Means) that I wasn't interested, says Johan Ryno

- I don't really know how it will be this fall, but my main goal is to play in the SEL. My agent has had a couple of inquirys from SEL teams.

He dosn't want to comment wchich teams are involved though.
Thanks for the translation - now I'm bummed out, I thought I'd get a chance to see him play a few times in the next year or two. Oh well. The level of competition in the SEL is way higher anyway.

THANKS!

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2006, 05:32 AM
begino

Hi, may I ask you to translate this, please?
THANKS

Ska Modo ha en chans måste Krizan bli den bäste igen
Lasse Anrell: Jönsson gick i spetsen för Färjestad

Han gick in i slutspelet som elitseriens bästa målvakt.
Han lämnar första kvartsfinalen mot Färjestad som en nybliven högst medioker målvakt.
Ska Modo ha en chans måste Karol Krizan bli den bästa målvakten igen.

Lasse Anrell

Karol Krizan kom till Modo med på sin höjd ett hyfsat rykte; ingen given stjärna, kanske inte ens en given förstamålvakt.
Försäsongen gjorde inte hans rykte bättre. Det talades om en... väldigt okonventionell målvakt, för att uttrycka det finstämt. Han spretade, han var yvig, han gav returer, även på såna skott som det inte gick att ge returer på.
Så skadades Michael Zajkowski och Krizan var förstemålvakt. Och plötsligt var han alldeles strålande. Hans räddningsprocent har varit enastående. En självklar förstemålvakt. Elitseriens bästa. Och i OS var han bra när han fick stå.

Orsakade minst två av målen
I går var han märkligt dålig. Han släppte returer på det mesta. Han var tafatt när Färjestads forwards var i närheten, han höll på att sjabbla in skott som inte ens gick på mål.
Och hans klantighet orsakade åtminstone två mål:
Pelle Prestberg gjorde 3-0. Han grävde fram pucken bakom mål, lurade ofattbart nog tre Modospelare - Mattias Hellström, Jesper Damgaard och Tobias Enström som borde skämmas alla tre - innan han lurade Krizan med en ickefint. Billigt. Inte bara Krizans fel, men han var delaktig i att Prestberg hade öppen gata in i mål.
Peter Nordström gjorde 5-2. Även där var Krizan loj och hängde inte med.
Däremellan gjorde han ett osäkert intryck och slovaken kan inte fortsätta spela så här om Modo ska ha en chans att skaka Färjestad, särskilt inte nu när kvartsfinalcirkusen nu flyttar till Karlstad.

Old
03-13-2006, 06:13 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

If Modo are to stand a chance, Krizan must become the best again
Lasse Anrell: Jönsson was the front runner for Färjestad

He came into the playoffs as the best goalie in the SEL.
He leaves the first quarterfinal vs Färjestad as a recently become-mediocre goalie.
If Modo are to stand a chance, Krizan must become the best again.

Lasse Anrell

Karol Krizan came to Modo with a decent reputation at best; no star, maybe not even a solid starter.
The pre-season didn't boost his reputation. It was said he was a... very unconvential goalie, to put it nice. He sprawled, gave up easy rebounds, even on shots that weren't possible to give up rebounds on.
Then Michael Zajkowski got injured and Krizan became the starting goalie. And all of a sudden he was just magnificent. His save % has been amazing. An obvious starter. SEL's best. And in the Olympics he was good when given the opportunity.

Caused at least two of the goals
Yesterday he was strangely bad. He gave up rebounds on most of the shots. He looked "confused" when Färjestad's forwards was nearby, he almost let in shots that didn't even hit the net.
And his clumsiness caused at least two goals:
Pelle Prestberg scored 3-0. He dug up the puck from behind the net, deked incredibly enough three Modo players - Mattias Hellström, Jesper Damgaard and Tobias Enström who all three should be ashamed - before he fooled Krizan with a non-deke. Cheap. Not just Krizan's fault, but he was a huge part in giving Prestberg an open way to score.
Peter Nordström scored 5-2. There too Krizan looked lazy and didn't follow.
Inbetween he looked insecure and the Slovak can't keep this play up if Modo is to shake Färjestad up, especially not when the circus moves to Karlstad.

There ya go, took me five minutes so transfer $1 to my bank account, please

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2006, 07:06 AM
begino

thank u very much

I hope he will be better today

Old
03-31-2006, 01:10 PM
Ryan Van Horne
aka Scribe

Send a message via ICQ to Ryan Van Horne Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan Van Horne
Anze Kopitar in the playoffs?

Hello, I was just wondering how Anze Kopitar and Sodertalje are doing in the playoffs.

I was looking at this site.

http://www.sodertaljesk.se/

Could you translate this please:

Anže Kopitar från Slovenien spås en lysande framtid, vilket privilegium det är att att få se honom utvecklas i SSK!
Hade en fantastisk säsong i AJ, där han vann skytteligan totalt, följde upp det med SM-Slutspel med A-laget för att sedan avsluta säsongen med att spela VM och göra sitt första VM-mål för Slovenien i matchen mot Danmark.
Man brukar tala om naturliga målskyttar men det känns nästan som om det inte räcker för att beskriva Anže:s kapacitet att göra mål och att skapa målchanser för sina medspelare.
Han är en fantastisk talang så det är bara att luta sig tillbaka i stolarna och njuta av att se en blivade storspelare på hans väg mot NHL. 24 augusti skrev han nämligen på ett 3-årskontrakt med LA Kings, men vi får glädjen att se honom ytterligare ett år i SSK:s dress.

Also what do Poangligan and Korvligan mean? It's on the right-hand side of the web page.

Ryan Van Horne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2006, 02:10 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe
Also what do Poangligan and Korvligan mean? It's on the right-hand side of the web page.
Poängligan = scoring leaders and Korvligan is like the site's own grading system.

As for the translation of the text:

Anze Kopitar from Slovenia is due to a great future, what a privilege it is to se him develop in Södertälje!
He had a brilliant season in the top junior league, where he won the scoring race, and followed it up with the SEL playoffs to finish the season playing for his national team and scoring his first goal for Slovenia in the game against Denmark.
You usually talk of natural born goal scorers but it almost feels like that isn't enough to describe Anze's goal scoring capacity and the way he creates scoring chances for teammates. On August 24, he signed a three-year deal with the Los Angeles Kings, but we'll get the pleasure of watching Kopitar in the Södertälje jersey one more year.

Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2006, 01:42 AM
Ryan Van Horne
aka Scribe

Send a message via ICQ to Ryan Van Horne Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan Van Horne
Thank you

Super! Thanks very much. So Kopitar is tied for Sodertalje team lead in playoff scoring this year with four goals and three assists?

Ryan Van Horne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2006, 05:41 AM
slovenija

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe
Super! Thanks very much. So Kopitar is tied for Sodertalje team lead in playoff scoring this year with four goals and three assists?
Yes, seven games, four goals and three assists. The link below will take you to the replay of the last Sodertaljes game.

http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/share...43605&a=489442

Click sport, Ishockey, Kvaliserien 2006

slovenija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 03:02 PM
begino

please

Hi, may I ask you fo short translate, please?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,806600,00.html

Thanks

Old
04-08-2006, 03:14 PM
begino

Quote:

Thanks

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/...806600,00.html

Old
04-08-2006, 03:29 PM
KRM

Quote:

Thanks
I can give you a quick summary of the incident.

Frölunda had a practice in Frölundaborg, preparing for the first game of the SEL finals tomorrow. after 15 minutes of the practice Sebastian Karlsson and Anti Jussi Niemi were infront of the net batteling for the puck. Accidently Salo got hit below his eye by one of the players stick. Salo started bleeding much and was taken off the ice and had too be taken to the hospital.

It looks good since the stick didn't hit his eye so his vision isn't affected. The only problem can that can stop him from playing tomorrow is if he can't wink with his eye.

Edit: Frölunda's official site says that he'll probably play tomorrow.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2006, 01:58 AM
begino

Hi, may I ask you for short translate again, please?

How is it with Salo, will he play today?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/...806791,00.html

Thanks

Old
04-09-2006, 02:50 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

At the same time Tommy Salo had bad luck, he was lucky. If the stick would've hit just a few millimeters higher, he probably would've gone blind.
"Tommy blinked fast. That probably saved him", Frölunda trainer Tommy Tingets said.

At the time of the injury, Tingets took care of Salo.
"I instantly said we had to get to the eye clinic in Mölndal. Eye injuries can be tough and it's not easy to tell the seriousness of the injury.
What the Frölunda doctors straff now fear it that the bruise will move and swollen up, forcing him to skip Sunday's tilt.

As it looked yesterday, he'll play today.

Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote