Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

Official Translation Thread

Old
06-27-2006, 05:08 AM
yarre

vCash: 500
Well since you got that far it doesnt seem impossible to do the rest:

First of all, press on "Matchtröjor"

Then, press on the shirt you want, either the black homeshirt or the white awayshirt, press on their picture and press on the button "köp" (köp = buy). Then press "Tillbaka" (tillbaka = go back) and press on the picture on the button of the screen that has the number 12 with Dackell written under it. In the box that says "Skriv i önskat namn och nummer" (write in the name and number you want) you write in what you want on the shirt. Press on "köp" again.
After that, press on "Din varukorg" (your shopping basket), then you press on "Till Kassan". The fields with a red asterix (is it called that btw?) on the right of them are the ones that you have to fill in.

1. Company/Name*
2. Personal/Org-numbers
3. Contactperson
4. Phonenumber*
5. Fax
6. E-mail*
7. Address*
8. Postnumber*
9. Region/city*
10. Country: You have three options: Sweden, NeH Globen Store and World, I am guessing that it is World you should take *

I hope this will help you somewhat.

yarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2006, 01:36 PM
DLMDLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom
Absolutely nothing.

The reporter simply asked if Malmö is getting their own Madison Square Garden now. Percy Nilsson answered something like this: Well, you can say that but we hope we will have a better team than they have in Madison Square Garden. Note that he was joking as always.

The arena building will start in September this year and it´s expected to be finished in September 2008.
Thanks ... lol ... that is pretty funny that the reporter would ask that question.

I appreciate your help.

DLMDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 04:28 PM
norrisnick

Hi. I'm curious if this article touches on any new spects of Zetterberg's leadership and his standing in the Detroit captain search that haven't been touched on in the Detroit media. I did manage to figure out that he captained Tre Kronor for a tournament but that's about it.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/...821575,00.html

Thanks in advance!

norrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
Hi. I'm curious if this article touches on any new spects of Zetterberg's leadership and his standing in the Detroit captain search that haven't been touched on in the Detroit media. I did manage to figure out that he captained Tre Kronor for a tournament but that's about it.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,821575,00.html

Thanks in advance!

It's alot of speculation from the paper but there are some interesting points from Zetterberg and scout Håkan Andersson.

Quote:
Kapten Zäta.
En möjlighet redan i höst då Henrik Zetterberg, 25, nämns som en kandidat till att bli lagkapten för Detroit Red Wings.
Captain Zäta.
Is a possibility as soon as this fall, as Henrik Zetterberg, 25, is mentioned as a candidate to be the next captain of the Detroit Red Wings
Quote:
- Det är väldigt hedrande att bli nämnd i sammanhanget, säger Henrik Zetterberg.
- It's honoring to be mention in such context, says Zetterberg. (about his name being mentioned as possible captain)
Quote:
Ett alternativ är Kris Draper, 35 år. Ett annat är Nicklas Lidström, 36 år. Och ett tredje är Henrik Zetterberg, 25 år.
The paper speculates that options for the captaincy could be Draper, Lidström or Zetterberg.

Quote:
- Henrik har imponerat på Detroit hela säsongen och speciellt i slutspelet har han visat att han kommer vara en av de spelare som vi ska bygga laget runt i framtiden, säger Håkan Andersson, Europascout för Detroit Red Wings.
Henrik has impressed Detroit during the entire season and especially in the playoffs he has shown that he'll be one of the blocks for this team to build on in the future, says Håkan Andersson

Quote:
- Bara att få nämnas bland kandidaterna till att bli näste lagkapten i Detroit är stort. Men vi får se vad som händer. Fortsätter Stevie blir jag glad, annars får någon annan ta ansvaret, säger Henrik Zetterberg.
Only to be mentioned among the candidates to be the next captain in Detroit is big. But we'll see what happens. If Stevie continues i'll be happy, otherwise someone else (clarification: someone other then Yzerman) will have to take on the responsibility, says Henrik Zetterberg.

Quote:
Att Detroit gärna ser Zetterberg som lagkapten den dag Yzerman slutar med ishockey förstärks av hur spelarna placerats i omklädningsrummet i Joe Louis Arena.
The placement of the players in Joe Louis Arena reinforces the idea that Detroit gladly sees Zetterberg as captain when Yzerman retires.

Quote:
- Jag har faktiskt suttit bredvid Yzerman de två senaste åren. Han är otroligt proffsig och jag har lärt mig mycket av honom. Sedan har vi ett starkt intresse ihop. Vi gillar båtar och just nu har jag faktiskt en större båt än honom, säger Zetterberg och ler lite.
- I've actually been seated next to Yzerman for the last two years. Han incredibly proffesional and i've learnt alot from him. We also share a common interest. We both like boats and at the moment i've a bigger boat then him, says Zetterberg and smiles.

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 05:20 PM
norrisnick

Many thanks!

Old
09-01-2006, 12:32 AM
norrisnick

Not a translation question but a pronunciation.

Johan Ryno.

Johan is self-explanatory but how does that Y sound? Rye-no (like the animal)? Ree-no (like the city)? Roo-no (as in um... kanga-roo-no)? Some other pronunciation that I'm not thinking of?

Old
09-01-2006, 08:16 AM
yarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
Not a translation question but a pronunciation.

Johan Ryno.

Johan is self-explanatory but how does that Y sound? Rye-no (like the animal)? Ree-no (like the city)? Roo-no (as in um... kanga-roo-no)? Some other pronunciation that I'm not thinking of?
I guess the first one is closest, I think it should be prounced more like Ryino or Rino in english but I am not sure, someone else can probably help out more.

yarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 11:11 AM
KRM

Hmm, you know the word Über? Try the sound of the ü like if his name was Rüno.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Son of Krypton

Well, here's my attempt at a transcription:

YOO-hun REW-noh

Notes:
* A Swedish j is always pronounced as the y in "yes".
* The first o should be long.
* The a should be short, like the u in "stun.
* The r should be rolling (with the exception of certain dialects).
* As Krm500 pointed out, the y is close to the German ü (or the French ue sound).
I transcribed it ew as in "few", but it's really the middle of that diphtong I'm getting at.
Try saing ee and as you say it, slowly form your mouth to say oo.
If you stop halfway you should find the Swedish y, or at least be very close to it.
If it doesn't work, I suggest you go with the ee sound and say "Reeno".
* I'm not entirely sure how the last o should be pronounced ("Ryno" isn't a exactly a common name), but when I say it, it sounds kind of like the o in a British "not".
Could be I prounounce it wrong and it should be more like the oo in "good".

Nuff said.

Son of Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 04:35 PM
norrisnick

Thanks guys!

Old
09-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Tuna11

Can somebody please translate this article.
http://www.malmoredhawks.com/engines/page___1272.aspx

Tuna11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 05:22 AM
The Imp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna11 View Post
Can somebody please translate this article.
http://www.malmoredhawks.com/engines/page___1272.aspx
Ross Lupaschuk - The new giant on defense for Malmös

He had a bad start to his experience in Malmö when all his luggage disappeared somewhere between the States and Kastrup (Copenhagen Airport). He took in in stride though - he would've surprised if it HAD been in place when he landed, with his family.
- That always happens. I don't think I've ever flown from the Statesto Europe without losing something. But it's all in place now, so that's great.

How have your first weeks with your new team been?
- Everything feels really good. The team, the atmosphere, the city... it just feels good. Also, my wife is really enjoying it, which be consequence means that I'm having a good time, he laughs.

You've seen a lot of new faces. Do you know anyone on the team from before?
- Stana and I were drafted for the same team, so we've met at camp. I've played with Duda and Nedorost in the WHL. I met Stana last season, when he played for Södertälje. I hadn't met any of the others. But I haven't had any problems fitting in with the team, it's the same small-talk as in most dressing rooms.

Yeah, you guys really had a chance to get to know each other during the week in Klagefurt (Germany).
- Yeah, we spent a good and tough week there. We really had a chance to get to know each other, but on and off the ice. It's crucial that you get to know your fellow players, and the way the line up on the ice. You never know what happens during the season, who you're paired with, so it's a good thing to know how everybody plays. We also work a lot on finding and keeping confidence, in the dressing room.

Last season Ross turned out for Mora, and what a showing he had. He was the highest scoring defenceman in the league, and also ranked 1st in PIMs - somehting that doesn't really get to him.
- I play tough - I like to play tough and aggressive. If I played soft hockey I would have taken a lot of hits myself - I'm not into that. It's better to 'hit them hard the first time, so they know who they are up against', he laughs.

The game was called very restrictively last season, and it seems it'll be even more so this season. Have you adapted your style of play to Swedish hockey?
- Well, I don't know, but obviously you know where the level's set. Hockey in North America is much tougher, and has more fights. Like I said, I play hard, and will continue to do so. Maybe the refs don't like that?

What are your goals for the upcoming season?
- First of all, I want the team to succeed, not "just" make the playoffs, but do well there. For myself, well, you always want to score, that's what wins you games. Last season I didn't really know what to expect, now I know more about what the SEL is about, and how to play here.

Finally, why Malmö?
- There were a lot of things at play there. It's a good city, in a positive trend. The team was promoted (from 2nd tier Swedish hockey) with a band last season, and it's inspiring to be part of a winning team.

The Imp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Tuna11

Hey there, thanks for the translation. It's greatly appreciated.

Tuna11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Nilsson21NYI

http://www.canalplus.se/misc/elitserien/live.asp

I live in NY but I am dying to find a way to watch some Elitserien this season. Could someone kindly translate this page for me? Or at least the important parts?

It looks like each game is 79 kronors, which if I'm not mistaken is 10 dollars US, which seems really excessive!

Is this the only or best way to watch Elitserien online?

Thank you so much for your help!

Nilsson21NYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 05:16 AM
Kronblom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsson21NYI View Post
http://www.canalplus.se/misc/elitserien/live.asp

I live in NY but I am dying to find a way to watch some Elitserien this season. Could someone kindly translate this page for me? Or at least the important parts?

It looks like each game is 79 kronors, which if I'm not mistaken is 10 dollars US, which seems really excessive!

Is this the only or best way to watch Elitserien online?

Thank you so much for your help!
Sorry, but you can only use this service if you live in Europe. They only have the rights to broadcast it within Europe.

Kronblom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Nilsson21NYI

That hurts. Thank you so much for your reply though, much appreciated. Maybe next year?

Nilsson21NYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 08:44 AM
begino

Hi, may I asku you to translate this?
Thanks

Modo kommer snart att vila Krizan men i dag ska han dock stå

begino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Weide

vCash: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by begino View Post
Modo kommer snart att vila Krizan men i dag ska han dock stå
Modo will rest Krizan soon, but he will play today.

Weide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 01:26 PM
coyotechrisz

Send a message via ICQ to coyotechrisz
false topic!

Last edited by coyotechrisz: 10-09-2006 at 02:15 PM.
coyotechrisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Waldi_81

hey, can someone translate this http://www.timraik.nu/nyheter/?nid=1664

and please tell me what is happening with Sanny?

thanks from advance for help

Waldi_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Sanny's injury isn't as bas as first believed. He has a concussion and will be out atleast 6-9 days. (article was written on oct. 4th, he's not back yet.)

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Waldi_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion of the North View Post
Sanny's injury isn't as bas as first believed. He has a concussion and will be out atleast 6-9 days. (article was written on oct. 4th, he's not back yet.)
ok, thanks

Waldi_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Cush
-inator

Can anyone provide a brief overview of this article? thanks

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?...65&lpos=rubrik

Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:58 AM
GuloGulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
Can anyone provide a brief overview of this article? thanks

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?...65&lpos=rubrik
A local paper published a hoax article claiming that Backstrom was going to the Caps immediately for a transfer fee of USD 15 million.

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Cush
-inator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuloGulo View Post
A local paper published a hoax article claiming that Backstrom was going to the Caps immediately for a transfer fee of USD 15 million.
thanks

Cush is offline   Reply With Quote