HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Silfverberg-Zibanejad vs Tarasenko-Schwartz vs Coyle-Granlund

View Poll Results: who do you want?
Zibanejad-Silfverberg 42 19.09%
Schwartz-Tarasenko 115 52.27%
Coyle-Granlund 63 28.64%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-23-2012, 07:57 PM
intylerwetrust
Space Oddity

vCash: 500
Silfverberg-Zibanejad vs Tarasenko-Schwartz vs Coyle-Granlund

Who do you want?

intylerwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:00 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Coyle-Granlund.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:01 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
The STL duo. Tarasenko has the most upside of the bunch, and Schwartz is as safe as they come.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Granlund
Tarasenko
Silfverberg
Zibenejad
Schwartz
Coyle

Sens duo for me. Then Minny, then St. Louis.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:13 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Tarasenko
Granlund
Silfverberg
Schwartz
Coyle
Zibanejad

Gimme dem Blues

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
The STL duo. Tarasenko has the most upside of the bunch, and Schwartz is as safe as they come.
How come ? He's a good prospect, but I think Coyle is as safe as they come on that list IMO

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Scarecrow Boat

I went with Tarasenko & Schwartz. Tarasenko has obvious offensive upside that nobody can deny and Jaden Schwartz is a future NHL Captain. The kid is as classy as they come and plays a great two-way game. I haven't had much chance to see the Ottawa combo other than on the international stage but I'd say they're the most unproven combo right now (that isn't saying they'll be bad for all you Ottawa fans who will most definitely be butt hurt by that comment) and I'd say the Minnesota combo is a very close 2nd right now. Charlie Coyle has been an absolute animal since coming to the QMJHL. He looks like a fully grown man playing against Midget aged players. Granlund is probably the most talented prospect out of Finland I've seen in my life but I still have to give Tarasenko the edge by just a hair.
Imagine if Ottawa didn't deal the pick used on Tarasenko for David Rundblad? This thread wouldn't be necessary.

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:30 PM
cdasman04

Granlund - Coyle

The guys with Coyle at or near the bottom of their list of these guys are severely underestimating this guy.

cdasman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:34 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Stl
Min
Ott

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:47 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdasman04 View Post
Granlund - Coyle

The guys with Coyle at or near the bottom of their list of these guys are severely underestimating this guy.
Who would you put under him? Certainly not Tarasenko or Coyle. Couldn't be Schwartz, IMO. I could see the argument for Zibanejad, as I never really liked him all that much, but I like Silfverberg

Old
04-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Smallz

They are all great but I went with the Minny guys because I think they have the most upside as a tandem.

Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:08 PM
tyratoku

I'm a biased Minnesota poster so I chose the Minnesota guys.

However, if I couldn't vote for them I'd go for St. Louis. And I'm not a fan of Schwartz at all. I just think Tarasenko will be that good.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:09 PM
BabyJagrov

Huberdeau/Bjugstad for me...

Still, you can't do much better than Tarasenko and even if I'm not a big fan of Schwartz you can't deny the kid's talents and Tarasenko awesomeness, so it's the Blues duo for me.

After Huberdeau and Bjugstad though !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:15 PM
cdasman04

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Who would you put under him? Certainly not Tarasenko or Coyle. Couldn't be Schwartz, IMO. I could see the argument for Zibanejad, as I never really liked him all that much, but I like Silfverberg
Coyle only behind Tarasenko and Granlund IMO... but he's also the safest player being talked about here IMO as well

Old
04-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Kesler2Kesler
Yup

Quote:
Of course it couldn't be Schwartz, he is your teams prospect after all.

Kesler2Kesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:16 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
How come ? He's a good prospect, but I think Coyle is as safe as they come on that list IMO
Coyle could end up a third liner. Schwartz has played in the NHL and looked respectable doing it.

Coyle is the safest of the group in that I think there's a 99% chance he makes the NHL, but I also think he has the lowest potential of the group, although I'm not sold on Sifverberg.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Coyle could end up a third liner. Schwartz has played in the NHL and looked respectable doing it.

Coyle is the safest of the group in that I think there's a 99% chance he makes the NHL, but I also think he has the lowest potential of the group, although I'm not sold on Sifverberg.
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. He's 19 and he could already hold his own on an NHL third line... He'll crack Minnesota's top 6 pretty quickly.
You understand Coyle is currently putting up 2.4 points per game in the playoffs with Saint John and making it look effortless? When he came over from Boston College, I didn't really think much of it. I was blown away at how big and strong this kid is already. He's probably the most NHL ready of this group, physically. I'm not saying he's going to go and produce more points than the rest of the guys in this grouping. Simply saying he's the one guy who looks like he'll have no problem playing an 82 schedule against grown men.

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:25 PM
cdasman04

Quote:

disagree. Watch him play in St John. His center Phillips is a guy who is going to be a solid 3rd liner. I really feel his potential is much higher. He's a special power forward (I'm not even a Wild or Sea Dogs fan, just jealous my team doesnt have him haha)

Old
04-23-2012, 09:44 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Coyle only behind Tarasenko and Granlund IMO... but he's also the safest player being talked about here IMO as well
Schwartz outproduced him in college, though.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:56 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
You cant scout of points though. Coyle has a better frame and is much stronger. Will be a better player.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:01 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
You cant scout of points though. Coyle has a better frame and is much stronger. Will be a better player.
I don't think so, personally.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:03 PM
cdasman04

Quote:
Coyle was in a different situation at BU than Schwartz was at CC. Look at Coyle right now. The most dominant player for the Sea Dogs in the playoffs and that team has Huberdeau on their other line. Not to mention his size, and the fact that he does a lot of other little things better than Schwartz.

Schwartz will be a good player in his own right, but with Coyle I think you're looking at a very special power forward.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:04 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. He's 19 and he could already hold his own on an NHL third line... He'll crack Minnesota's top 6 pretty quickly.
You understand Coyle is currently putting up 2.4 points per game in the playoffs with Saint John and making it look effortless? When he came over from Boston College, I didn't really think much of it. I was blown away at how big and strong this kid is already. He's probably the most NHL ready of this group, physically. I'm not saying he's going to go and produce more points than the rest of the guys in this grouping. Simply saying he's the one guy who looks like he'll have no problem playing an 82 schedule against grown men.
I watched a ton of Coyle when he was at BU. I know who I'm talking about. It just doesn't impress me to see him go from a man's team to a boy's team and dominate everyone, let alone a QMJHL team that was already the consensus powerhouse. He's 20 years old and strong as an ox, if he weren't dominating 17 year old kids, I'd be worried.

I disagree that he's NHL-ready. He needs a year in the AHL. yes, he definitely has 2nd line potential. But I see him just as easily being a good tweener.

Quote:
disagree. Watch him play in St John. His center Phillips is a guy who is going to be a solid 3rd liner. I really feel his potential is much higher. He's a special power forward (I'm not even a Wild or Sea Dogs fan, just jealous my team doesnt have him haha)
As I said, I watched a lot of him in college. I don't have access to viewing him in the Q, but like I said, dominating teenagers on an amazing junior team doesn't impress me like if he were putting up even half of those numbers at BU.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:08 PM
cdasman04

To say he went from a mans league to a boys league and that hes only dominating 17 year olds when you're talking about any CHL league vs US college hockey is ridiculous. You're really not gonna win an argument with many ppl by saying NCAA>CHL ffs lol

I respect your opinion, but I too have seen them both a lot. My opinion happens to be Coyle>>Schwartz

Old
04-23-2012, 10:10 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

I'd take the St. Louis duo.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote