HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

San Jose - Edmonton

Old
04-24-2012, 12:15 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCanada View Post
I'd do the above deal for Clowe and Murray instead of Boyle, to be honest.

Whitney+Paajarvi+(prospect/pick) for Clowe+Murray.

Unfortunately we have no seventh round draft pick for you, SJS. QQ.
Has Whitney degraded that much? Only a year ago, Oilers fans considered him a #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
32nd overall is a steep price for a rental. Would he fetch a late 1st at the deadline when 3/4 of his contract is gone? I don't think so...
I'd maybe consider next years or ANA 2013
Murray and a 4th for your 2nd? I don't know. I doubt he'd get a 1st as a rental, but you never know.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:24 AM
iCanada

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Has Whitney degraded that much? Only a year ago, Oilers fans considered him a #2.
He is a #2 when he is healthy. He just rarely healthy. He a great lockerroom guy, great with the media, and a fan favorite because he is just so... real. He had a stretch of four or five rough games and he came out and told the media "I'm being paid to be a top defenceman in this league, but this year I've been injured a lot, and now that I'm back I'm playing like an average defenceman at best. That is not acceptable, I need to be better."

The allure of Murray is he would be great and reliable as a transitional guy for a player like Petry or dare I say Justin Schultz(*crosses fingers*). The other thing for me is I am willing to overpay a little bit to make this team less soft. Tired of watching my team get manhandled... tired of it being 180 lbs Sam Gagner being the only one willing to stand up for our stars.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:32 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Boyle is old
that was my first reaction and had to doube check--he is 36 years old this summer

with that cap hit and the fact he will more then likely retire in two years--I wouldn't do Whitney for him--let alone toss in MPS--who I think will still come around

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:34 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
He is a #2 when he is healthy. He just rarely healthy. He a great lockerroom guy, great with the media, and a fan favorite because he is just so... real. He had a stretch of four or five rough games and he came out and told the media "I'm being paid to be a top defenceman in this league, but this year I've been injured a lot, and now that I'm back I'm playing like an average defenceman at best. That is not acceptable, I need to be better."

The allure of Murray is he would be great and reliable as a transitional guy for a player like Petry or dare I say Justin Schultz(*crosses fingers*). The other thing for me is I am willing to overpay a little bit to make this team less soft. Tired of watching my team get manhandled... tired of it being 180 lbs Sam Gagner being the only one willing to stand up for our stars.
Ah. If Whitney could stay healthy, I'd definitely do it.

Plus, if you drafted Ryan Murray and signed Justin Schultz, you could have:

Shultz-Schultz
Murray-Murray

That would be worth it in it self.

Old
04-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
there was media talk here before the trade deadline that the Oilers were interested in Douglas Murray......i feel they might still make a try for him at the draft or this summer.
I really like Murray, i don't think his player type is needed too much but i'd be trying to acquire him if he was avaliable. I would give up a 2nd for sure, we need NHLer's not prospects.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:09 AM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
I really like Murray, i don't think his player type is needed too much but i'd be trying to acquire him if he was avaliable.
I like Murray as well but the Oilers are in serious need of a PMD. I don't have a lot of confidence that Whitney can stay healthy or return to form. That leaves Potter and Petry. Who are not good options for a #1 PMD

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:17 AM
lakai17

how about Demers to Edmonton then? should be cheaper than big Dan.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I like Murray as well but the Oilers are in serious need of a PMD. I don't have a lot of confidence that Whitney can stay healthy or return to form. That leaves Potter and Petry. Who are not good options for a #1 PMD
I agree that's the most pressing need but Murray is going to be able to add to the roster and he won't cost the assets we could use to acquire that #1 PMD. We may not be able to get that player right away (Please J.Schultz don't be ****** and sign in Edmonton), so i would focus on developing a solid core (i.e. TB-04, Car-06) that can function without a true #1. If teams are forced to play every shift against 3 of Smid, Schultz, Murray, Peckham (i still think there's a player here) it's going to make us a much tougher team to play against. Sometimes we have to sacrifice idealism in favor of a more conventional/pragmatic solution. Murray would add to our team so i'd be interested, that's my position in a nutshell.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:23 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEatDog View Post
that was my first reaction and had to doube check--he is 36 years old this summer

with that cap hit and the fact he will more then likely retire in two years--I wouldn't do Whitney for him--let alone toss in MPS--who I think will still come around
Boyle in two years will likely do more for them than either of those two ever will.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:24 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
how about Demers to Edmonton then? should be cheaper than big Dan.
We're not shopping Demers right now. He came off a very poor year for a variety of reasons after two really solid years. He has tons and tons of potential, and he's Boyle-lite. Plus, he's young, cheap, and under our control for a long time.

Old
04-24-2012, 01:24 AM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Boyle in two years will likely do more for them than either of those two ever will.
wow, doubting Paajarvi already?

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:34 AM
zombiekopitor
i am lorde, ya ya ya

Quote:
I'd do the above deal for Clowe and Murray instead of Boyle, to be honest.

Whitney+Paajarvi+(prospect/pick) for Clowe+Murray.

Unfortunately we have no seventh round draft pick for you, SJS. QQ.

Paajarvi
Whitney
Dubnyk
3rd
for
Clowe
Murray
Niemi

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:11 AM
MessierII

No from Edmonton. We're rebuilding. Boyles an expensive dinosaur. He makes no sense for us right now.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote