HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL 2012 Postseason/Offseason

Old
05-14-2012, 02:35 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemack View Post
Ovechkin as a captain is just a bad bad idea. He choked so hard even Joe Thorton would watch in awe of how choketacular it was. Not only he went into self destruct mode, his bad vibe killed his entire team. It's amazing how a team down 1 goal 3 minutes left in game 7 keeps turning over the puck because they are trying to make a blind hot pass through 2 defenders.

and I can't believe we had a few poster who wanted semin. He is probably one the worst playoff performer in recent history. I can't remember a single red wings player who played worse than him past 2-3 years. Even Hudler last year played better than Semin.

I declare anyone who wants Semin on our team is either a spy or should be banned from any serious hockey discussion.
Well the people who want Semin actually go by more than watching one game and then buying into preconceived notions. I mean I am glad you watch one game and blame it on the two Russian, players shocking. The Caps lost this series really on bad plays in game 5, read into game 7 all you want, a good ole Canadian boy took a horrific penalty in game 5 and it cost them the series. That is if you can lose a series on one instance or because of one player. A notion I struggle to agree with, but if you want to do it at least name the most guilty party and the fact they were actually underdogs that weren't supposed to win the series.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:37 PM
14ari13

The Kings outshot the Yotes 47 to 27, not a surprise, and 17 to 4 in 1st period.
Seems like an easy series for the Kings.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Kiddington
heehats

Dale Hunter steps down as the Caps coach today. Not surprising, but worth mentioning in case you haven't heard.

...back to the playoffs, how on God's Green Earth did the Kings finish 8th in the West? This team is just stomping fools like nobody's business right now. I can still remember back in December when we beat them like 8-2, and they looked like the one of the most overrated teams of the last 10 years. Now look at them. Darryl Sutter sure has a way of catching lightning in a bottle.

Of course, I suppose it should be said that with the whole "good on paper" mentality, this is exactly how the Kings should have been playing all along, so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. Still, though; I thought they were at least another year away.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Well the people who want Semin actually go by more than watching one game and then buying into preconceived notions. I mean I am glad you watch one game and blame it on the two Russian, players shocking. The Caps lost this series really on bad plays in game 5, read into game 7 all you want, a good ole Canadian boy took a horrific penalty in game 5 and it cost them the series. That is if you can lose a series on one instance or because of one player. A notion I struggle to agree with, but if you want to do it at least name the most guilty party and the fact they were actually underdogs that weren't supposed to win the series.
that's right Semin must be a playoff warrior. If only 99% of the Caps fans agree with you. I guess they are all hockey racist like me Have you visited their board? Maybe it isn't me who you should start lobby against this 'preconceived notion'. You should tell em. Cuz obviously you watched more of Semin than them.

sure Caps were inferior team but you only need 2 eyes to see caps were worse in execution, understanding of system and worse defence. I'm sorry I didnt write out other obvious stuffs. I just didnt think it was that noteworthy to post compared to Ovie's choke. Sue me.

BTW I didnt say Caps lost the series because of 2 guys didnt I?

Have a nice day.

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:28 AM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

I am surprised at how many fans on this forum embrace Semin as a potential Wing. The guy is a trainwreck of a professional hockey player. I highly doubt the Wings have any interest in him whatsoever. Nor should they.

As for Kane.... LOL. As a Wings fan living in Chicago, this Madison incident is not surprising in the least. He regularly douches it up here too, just not amongst 1000 college students with iphones. The kid is a loudly ticking timebomb.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:35 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
As for Kane.... LOL. As a Wings fan living in Chicago, this Madison incident is not surprising in the least. He regularly douches it up here too, just not amongst 1000 college students with iphones. The kid is a loudly ticking timebomb.
You have to wonder how long it is until that timebomb goes off.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:07 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Ya gotta wonder how long the Rangers are going to defy the odds. The last two teams in the EC to make the ECF after winning two seven game series were chewed up and spat out. The Canes got Malkin'd in '09 and the Habs got crushed by the Flyers in 2010.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:14 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Ya gotta wonder how long the Rangers are going to defy the odds. The last two teams in the EC to make the ECF after winning two seven game series were chewed up and spat out. The Canes got Malkin'd in '09 and the Habs got crushed by the Flyers in 2010.
Hopefully, long enough to make the Devils not look like a real hockey team.

Old
05-15-2012, 12:23 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
You have to wonder how long it is until that timebomb goes off.
Well they do a good job covering those up. There have been several rumors around Chicago that it for all intensive purposes has gone off. Eventually though not even the Hawks or USA hockey will be able to bury one of these reports. It is interesting as a Wings fan that has moved to Chicago, none of these new bandwagon Hawks fans seem to understand this will be bad. However, the few older ones that remember Probie readily admit this is heading for disaster.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:37 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Well it looks pretty good that we are going to see LAK/NYR.

I hope both teams lose.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

By winning the Cup LA would troll Holmgren and the Flyers.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:44 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

LA vs. NY - I hope they both lose.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:04 AM
14ari13

The Kings handle the Coyotes quite easily. Looks like they can finish them in 4.
I cheer for the Yotes, but I think they are done.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:08 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

L.A are already cup winners in my book

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:57 AM
ricky0034

I agree with the Kings but it's far too early to be writing off the Devils chances of beating the Rangers

whoever wins the ECF will lose to the Kings though

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
I just find it impossible to feel bad for Dustin Brown getting ran like he did. Guy's always played on/over the edge.

05-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
I agree with the Kings but it's far too early to be writing off the Devils chances of beating the Rangers

whoever wins the ECF will lose to the Kings though
I wouldn't pencil in the Kings for the Cup just yet- I think the Rangers have the best D corps in the PO's and stout goaltending, so if they can get past NJ and find some scoring, they'd have a great chance to beat LA.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:21 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
I wouldn't pencil in the Kings for the Cup just yet- I think the Rangers have the best D corps in the PO's and stout goaltending, so if they can get past NJ and find some scoring, they'd have a great chance to beat LA.
I also think the Rangers have a chance. The Kings look very strong now as the Coyotes are very bad.
The Devils are the team I want least to win it.
1. Coyotes (no chance)
2. Rangers. Love tortorella
3. Kings
4. Devils

Old
05-16-2012, 12:05 PM
chances14

i think the coyotes are just this bad. they got outplayed by both chicago and nashville. the difference this series is mike smith isn't standing on his head

i also give the rangers a good shot. we've seen it before where a low seed gets to the stanley cup finals but then gets knocked out by the high seed of the other conference.

what i would be concerned with is how many more games the rangers have played than the kings. i could see the rangers being worn down by the time cup finals come along. Oddly enough, it's usually the west team that is worn down by the cup finals

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:16 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chances14 View Post
i think the coyotes are just this bad. they got outplayed by both chicago and nashville. the difference this series is mike smith isn't standing on his head

i also give the rangers a good shot. we've seen it before where a low seed gets to the stanley cup finals but then gets knocked out by the high seed of the other conference.

what i would be concerned with is how many more games the rangers have played than the kings. i could see the rangers being worn down by the time cup finals come along. Oddly enough, it's usually the west team that is worn down by the cup finals
I don't know more concerning for the Rangers are there really are only three teams that play their system and the two that play it better are LA and St. Louis. If your whole system is predicated on the forecheck, physical punishment, and great goaltending, you are in trouble when you run into a team that has an advantage over you in all three categories. I know people will point to King Henrik but Quick has been just as good and has played better during this post-season run. Washington played similar while they might not have been better they were very close to the game five win and likely the series victory without that epic collapse. New York looked at times to struggle with a team that spit its own system back at it, whereas LA relished it when playing the Blues. I think LA is a terrible matchup for New York.

However, I am excited to see an American captain hoist the cup regardless, I think we can all see that is going to happen this year. Hoping for LA to be that team.

Old
05-16-2012, 01:17 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chances14 View Post
Teams that go 7 games in the first two rounds never have gotten to the SCF. I'd like the Rangers to be the first, because obviously we don't want Parise to stay in Jersey.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:40 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Teams that go 7 games in the first two rounds never have gotten to the SCF. I'd like the Rangers to be the first, because obviously we don't want Parise to stay in Jersey.
What about the Bruins last year? I thought they went to 7 games all series.

The Devils strike back and win game 2

Old
05-17-2012, 12:43 AM
ricky0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
What about the Bruins last year? I thought they went to 7 games all series.

The Devils strike back and win game 2
all series except the second round

in the second round the Bruins swept the Flyers

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:55 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
all series except the second round

in the second round the Bruins swept the Flyers
Thanks.

Did you folks see the save by Brodeur last night? Save of the playoffs/year?

Old
05-18-2012, 01:31 AM
14ari13

Kings one way away from the finals.
Their run has also been impressive.

Are they the 1st team to knock out 1,2 and 3 seed?