HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Senators ECQF Game 6

Old
04-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Can someone knock out Chris Neils bottom 2 front teeth too? I can't believe this guy.

He claims his hit on Boyle was a clean hit and then tonight when the favor is returned in lesser severity he's literally in tears. Then he basically threatens to hit MDZ while his head is down? Honestly, Torts should just have Scott grab him by the collar and start wailing away, I don't care if Neil is defending himself or not. I've had enough of this piece of ****.

As for the NBC announcers tonight - absolutely horrendous. At one point I was convinced they were the regular Senator announcers. Absolute homers.

As for the officials, the game was called poorly all around, however there were obviously more calls against the Rangers missed than against the Senators. How Chris Neil is above the law in the NHL is downright disgusting. Attacking Richards for no reason, flopping like he's a Brazilian in the World Cup, constantly complaining.

As for the Rangers - they took it 1 game at a time. I'm glad. Next game just take it 1 period at a time, 1 shift at a time, and hopefully we'll be on our way to round 2. Had a feeling Kreider might step up. Stepan surprised me though, but i'm happy Torts finally put those 2 together. The chemistry showed, both had a lot more confidence tonight. As for Henrik, he remains our best player. I'm appalled by some of the fans that complained about him earlier on.

Game 7 can't come soon enough. It's gonna be real chippy that's for sure. I hope we get on the board early and put the pedal to the medal the rest of the way.

Rust Heisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:17 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
CanadianHockey is right. Jeez, take it easy fellas.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:18 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
To me it looks like Neil's skate goes over the puck. Neil's skate makes it difficult to determine whether Lundqvist's stick makes contact with the puck again while hidden from view by the skate.
Yes, over the puck as in kick it in with his blade.

You see Lundqvist reach over with his glove while Neil is in a kicking motion and from what I see, it looks like he doesn't move it with his stick anymore.

This is all moot though cause the game is over. I really don't care anymore. Not going to talk about it anymore.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Also, the only logical way that the 2nd Senator goal counted, was if the Buffalo Wild Wing's staff called up Toronto to send it into OT....

Rust Heisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 152
Anyone have a video of that wonderful hit Del Zotto laid on Neil?

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:26 PM
McZotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRags30 View Post
I just don't want to see Mitchell out there so much on the PP, he's so bad.
I like mitchell ES but on the PP hes useless. Hes a good defensive player but we need our skill guys out there

McZotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Neil talking about catching Del Zotto with his head down... a fine/suspension upcoming?

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gardenparty

For the better part of 3 games the Senators got inside the Rangers' heads. Finally, in the last two periods of Game 6, we turned the tables and had THEM frustrated (see Alfredsson's and Neil's 3rd period hissy fits at the bench) ....they couldn't score on Hank no matter HOW hard they tried as we pumped 3 past Anderson in the 2nd and brought him back down to earth.

That's why am really pissed that the goal counted - better to keep them frustrated thinking they CAN'T score on Hank. Even forgetting "goaltender interfence" here, just following the letter of the law, it was a distinct KICKING motion not a redirected puck.

Hopefully it will just strengthen the Rangers' resolve in Game 7 and Torts will give them an "us against the world" pregame speech.

gardenparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:27 PM
BlueSwag

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...,3,116&lang=en

4:18 Doesn't look like Lundqvist is touching the puck from that angle.

BlueSwag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:30 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Neil talking about catching Del Zotto with his head down... a fine/suspension upcoming?
I don't think he'll be fined or suspended, but the refs will definitely watch him in the next game and won't give him benefit-of-the-doubt, and if he does throw a dirty hit the league might see his comment as pre-meditation.

04-23-2012, 11:33 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJay NYR View Post
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...,3,116&lang=en

4:18 Doesn't look like Lundqvist is touching the puck from that angle.
That back-angle supports the Neil-kicks-it argument I think, looks like he might've clipped the puck with the toe of his blade.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:33 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
So that makes 2 excellent games out of 88.
trust me he wouldint be in the lineup if that was the case. Hes played a number of solid games and hasent done much this series until tonight in which he played very solid.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:38 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robs789 View Post
Since Kreider's first shift tonight you can tell he looked more confident. He didnt stray away from behind the net hits/play and was finishing his checks.

Glad to see him do well.
Yep hopefully he continues to improve we could really use another insertion of youth.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Broadway Brad

I don't think I've ever hated an athlete as much as I hate Chris Neil.

Broadway Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:40 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Hagelin really changes the dynamic of this team. Complete 360 in terms of forecheck and forcing turnovers. He made so many impressive plays tonight.

Cannot wait until I have the money to get a Hagelin Jersey.
Hey i said it if we lose in game 5 its not over in the vote and the reason was Hagelin back in game 6. I know he didnt show up on the score sheet but like you said he adds so much to this team.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Mrpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
That's not why it was a good goal. It was a good goal because after the kick, Lundqvist touches it.

Is that moronic? Yes. But that's the rule.

You can essentially pull a Morton Anderson, and kick the snot out of the puck, as long as it hits the goalie before going in... and... GOAL!!!! New Jersey Devils fans learned of the moronic aspect of that rule earlier this season.
Surprised that happened to you, because I have seen the complete opposite either this year or last where a distinct kicking motion kicked the puck, it went off our goalie and in the net. And it was overturned.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
To me it looks like Neil's skate goes over the puck. Neil's skate makes it difficult to determine whether Lundqvist's stick makes contact with the puck again while hidden from view by the skate.
To me it honestly just looks like Neil's skate barely nicks the top of the puck and kicks it in. The puck was still untll Neil's skate passes "over" it and the puck moves in the direction of the

kick and into the net. Hank's hand then shot forward after the puck had already started moving.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Cake or Death

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Brad View Post
I don't think I've ever hated an athlete as much as I hate Chris Neil.
It's hard to put Neil anywhere near the likes of Ulf Samuelsson, Dale Hunter or Bobby Clarke. Heck, Messier was a much dirtier player than Neil.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

league needs to define a kick better... i thought they would've done it after the nucks/bruins faux pas.

i thought the rule was designed to prevent injury in the crease? kicking your feet at the puck(or near it) when there are 3 bodies laying the crease sounds like a death (or serious injury) just waiting to happen.

or is it just because this isn't soccer?

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:54 PM
BlaqICE

Send a message via ICQ to BlaqICE Send a message via AIM to BlaqICE Send a message via MSN to BlaqICE
When Stepan scored on Anderson I felt like Rocky Balboa must have felt when he cut Ivan Drago for the first time.. Glad to see Kreider playing with Stepan. He looked a lot more comfortable out there..

BlaqICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

I was pretty pissed at the way that last goal happened. About every part of it. And then, one minute passed and I realized that the Rangers won a Rangers-style game and forced game 7. Every expectation (not hope, but expectation) of mine, as a Rangers fan, was that they would lose game 6. Especially after the Senators scored first. I also expected them to give up a third goal, since the Sens had 45 seconds to score again.

Seriously, one minute passed and I was over the bad call. How anyone even cares at this point is beyond me.

We still need some even strength offense. However, we played all season for the right to play game 7 at home. Gotta win it.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:55 PM
h2

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
To me it honestly just looks like Neil's skate barely nicks the top of the puck and kicks it in. The puck was still untll Neil's skate passes "over" it and the puck moves in the direction of the

kick and into the net. Hank's hand then shot forward after the puck had already started moving.
As a sens fan, that's how I saw it too.

I'm just glad the Rangers didn't win the Neil sweepstakes a few years ago when he was a UFA, I'd probably hate him.

Ignoring the awful officiating on both sides, the rangers outplayed ottawa skill wise and physically tonight, first time since game 1 I think. I hope game 7 is not controversial and the refs let the boys dictate the outcome on the ice. Either way I'm happy, I just wanted to avoid a sweep haha.. Had too many of those from Toronto, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. Good luck in game 7!

h2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Want to mention two things. Two theories.

#1. Brian Boyle being out was beneficial to the Rangers. I love Brian Boyle, I really do. But with Dubinsky centering that line, Tortorella ended up putting Richards' and Stepan's lines out there in more important situations than I felt like he would have with Boyle in the lineup. It made a difference.

#2. Alfredsson's return, combined with Silfverberg's debut was bad for Ottawa. When your Captain is hurt, sometimes the natural inclination is to circle the wagons and gut it out. When your Captain comes back from injury, maybe you loosen up just a tiny bit. Silfverberg over Stone I felt was a big mistake, both because Stone played well in game 5 and because making a bunch of changes to a lineup that's been successful sometimes has a negative result.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:02 AM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
As a sens fan, that's how I saw it too.

I'm just glad the Rangers didn't win the Neil sweepstakes a few years ago when he was a UFA, I'd probably hate him.

Ignoring the awful officiating on both sides, the rangers outplayed ottawa skill wise and physically tonight, first time since game 1 I think. I hope game 7 is not controversial and the refs let the boys dictate the outcome on the ice. Either way I'm happy, I just wanted to avoid a sweep haha.. Had too many of those from Toronto, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. Good luck in game 7!
Yeah i hope game 7 is one of those "let the boys play" types of games, but i have a

feeling it won't be. And i know what you mean about Neil, because Avery was the same

type of player. You hate him unless he's on your team. I hate the **** outta Neil right

now but it makes the series that much more emotional. In the words of Martha Stewart,

"It's a good thing."

That's right, I quoted Martha Stewart.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote