HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All NHL/Anti-Rangers Officiating Discussion

Old
05-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
the absolute most ideal scenario for the NHL would be a NYR VS LAK championship match that goes 7 games.

i dont know how anyone in their right mind can argue that.
That's why I keep saying the people who believe the NHL's trying to **** one of the biggest market teams have their heads up their *****.

Or the people who said NBC, who instead of just scheduling any possible OT to a different channel, went into cahoots with the NHL to make sure there's no OT. Because you know, rigging a game is FAR easier then announcing "OT coverage of NYR vs WAS will be on NBCSN"

And the person who made the "they have cushy jobs" argument as to why refs would stay quiet about any rigging.. why the hell would the commissioner or someone else high up in the NHL risk THEIR ass to mess with how the games are officiated?

The NBC not wanting OT argument is one of the stupidest things I ever read here.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:47 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
the NHL tries to schedule the games to get the Rangers on NBC and Versus (or whatever the frak it's called) as much as possible. we are a huge team for them. we're a money maker.

it would be against their own self interests to screw us over.

want to blame incompetent reffing? im with you there. the reffing in the playoffs, not just for and against us, has been so beyond atrocious it's not even funny. This is further complicated by Brendan Shanahans suspensions which make ZERO sense. Particularly the Shea Weber play. But to say anything about a possible scheme, ploy, rigging, mandate, bias, etc against us is simply foolhardy.

With that said, in the winter classic, wasnt one of the refs from Philly? or played for a Philly team or something? That CAN NOT happen going forward. You can't have a ref have any sort of affiliation for or against the teams they are reffing. How the NHL managed to not notice that is beyond me. And that was one of the poorest reffed games all season.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 50
Quote:
With that said, in the winter classic, wasnt one of the refs from Philly? or played for a Philly team or something? That CAN NOT happen going forward. You can't have a ref have any sort of affiliation for or against the teams they are reffing. How the NHL managed to not notice that is beyond me. And that was one of the poorest reffed games all season.
Yeah, EXACTLY. The problem is the people here are saying the NHL is rigging things. That's TOTALLY DIFFERENT then a ref INDIVIDUALLY being biased, or being corrupt and placing bets on the games they're officiating.

If someone argued that particular refs are biased and are intentionally miscalling the game, I AGREE!

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:16 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Yes, at the beginning of the game, through the first period, I thought we had a good officiating crew. They started to eff up in the most obvious ways.
So yes, I knew that the blush was off the rose when it came to referreeing. I read around the league and I see the incredibly stupid comments by Capitals fans. Perhaps it is true that most Capitals fans are nice, but it is probably also true that most Capitals fans are really stupid.
Many of them seem to not realize that a high sticking penalty which results in blood is a done deal. It is not my fault that they are this stupid. Therefore, I laugh at them, as that is all that they deserve.

Many Capitals fans throughout North America are just jumping on the bandwagon. Many of them simply hate to lose, and seem to be delusionary about things. So, yeah, they just deserve to be laughed at because they are so arrogant.
In the middle of a thread filled with idiocy posted by some Rangers fans, now I read that Capitals fans simply hate to lose and seem to be delusionary about things.

You can't make this stuff up.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:16 AM
DutchShamrock

It's not a conspiracy or a concerted effort to screw over the Rangers. But there is clearly a slight Rangers bias amongst the front office and on ice officials. State's evidence is that NYR-Pitt game with 7 pen powerplays to 0 for NYR. I think it started for the front office with the Sakic offer sheet. The officials started with the country club Ranger teams of the mid-late 90's. We don't dive but so many blatant calls get ignored. The divers of the league are known, but still get the calls. There is no explanation for the sequence of events at the end of game 4. A string of 4 or 5 questionable calls.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:12 AM
NikC

Quote:
the funny thing about tonights game...nobody is going to really complain about the reffing despite the fact that, again, it nearly cost us a game. Rangers had an early power play, the refs missed an obvious hook by...i wanna say Brooks Laich...Rangers coulda had a LONG 5 on 3 and scored a goal. Instead...the Rangers win a miraculous game, and nobody talks about it.

Conspiracies only work when you lose. Reffing is just bad, period. Luckily they got the Ward penalty right.
so you admit that the refs nearly cost us the game but ridicule the idea of bias? I saw the play and i complained. just another example that proves what alot of us are seeing and commenting on.

People are talking about the miraculous game fyi, just not in this thread. A high stick to the face that draws blood is usually DM, without any question... Unless it's Chris Drury against the Pets several years back...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
so you admit that the refs nearly cost us the game but ridicule the idea of bias? I saw the play and i complained. just another example that proves what alot of us are seeing and commenting on.

People are talking about the miraculous game fyi, just not in this thread. A high stick to the face that draws blood is usually DM, without any question... Unless it's Chris Drury against the Pets several years back...
People just see what they wanna see. An obvious hook on Gaborik during a power play...no call. Hank touches the puck in the trapezoid...no call. Callahan is held in front of the net...no call. Del Zotto crushes a guy long after the whistle...no call.

Everyone remembers only the slights that happened to their team and forgets the others.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
People just see what they wanna see. An obvious hook on Gaborik during a power play...no call. Hank touches the puck in the trapezoid...no call. Callahan is held in front of the net...no call. Del Zotto crushes a guy long after the whistle...no call.

Everyone remembers only the slights that happened to their team and forgets the others.
precisely.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:20 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post

Not everyone. Some people.

I have reffed hockey, bball, football, and umped baseball, all at low levels, for fun.

The one that no one seems to understand is that hockey is by far the most difficult. You are in constant movement, and there are things going on all around you at high speed.

Those that think hockey refs stink should try it. They might understand things a bit better.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:26 PM
ncmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
Because 1 ref can only rig 1 game at a time. And it's different refs officiating the games. And if someone had solid evidence of the rigging (not just "the commissioner told me to do so"), there's a lot of money that could be made off that. Let's say it's true, you don't think the rangers would pay millions for that information to expose the corrupt NHL management to have them all ousted? And like I said before, if this is true you don't think someone would be inclined to bet a ton of money on the game in question that's being rigged? That has a high likelihood of causing problems too.

Why the hell do people keep saying the NHL is in on it? It's far more plausible that one of these refs is betting on the game by themself or something.
as I said earlier, I dont think there is a conspiracy. I just think there are a bunch of refs who are thin skinned about something with the rangers and it comes out with there calls and non calls. If its not that then it is incompetence and both cause a problem for the league.

ncmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Not everyone. Some people.

I have reffed hockey, bball, football, and umped baseball, all at low levels, for fun.

The one that no one seems to understand is that hockey is by far the most difficult. You are in constant movement, and there are things going on all around you at high speed.

Those that think hockey refs stink should try it. They might understand things a bit better.
Well said. I reffed too at lower levels for rec leagues and stuff. Simply put, its not easy.

I could only imagine the coronaries that would be taking place if the NHL still only had 1 ref per game.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:16 PM
chosen

I am shocked to see this thread quiet down after the Rangers got two power play goals to tie and win last night.

Legit call, but imagine the crying if the reverse happened.

Old
05-08-2012, 03:20 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I am shocked to see this thread quiet down after the Rangers got two power play goals to tie and win last night.

Legit call, but imagine the crying if the reverse happened.
It was a blatant high stick. ****ing straight I would've complained if they didn't call it.

When the refs get a call right, there's no reason to bring them up.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

I think it's much tougher to explain away the suspension calls which have ALL gone against the Rangers in this playoff year. No heat of the game. No split second call. No being blocked out.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:26 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
It was a blatant high stick. ****ing straight I would've complained if they didn't call it.

Yeah, shocking right. One game they call our slash and ignore theirs. Then on the pk they ignore Callahan getting tripped which directly resulted in the game winning goal. Then Knuble smacks the puck out of the rink and they choose not to make the automatic penalty call.

The next game they call a blatant high stick that draws blood which we use to tie and win the game. There might be a reason fans are content with the latest game. Of Course, fans shouldn't have pat the refs on the back for making non-discretionary calls, but Ranger fans can't really take 4 minute high sticking calls for granted.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:32 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

The complaints would have been about all of the other calls or non-calls in the contest.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Kershaw

Refs blew DOG penalties from Alzner twice in the last two stopping.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote