HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Series Talk - WCSF - #3 Phoenix Coyotes 4 vs #4 Nashville Predators 1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2012, 11:20 PM
  #251
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,358
vCash: 500
Personally, I would like to see the "he hate me line" back together since we are at home. Wilson Smith Hals on our fourth line. Scratch Yip and Spaling for a game and see what happens. While I am not on the Wilson band wagon, these guys have been practicing with each other enough (because trotz rarely plays them) to know each other. Could be a missing spark.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:21 PM
  #252
wadesworld
Registered User
 
wadesworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
All is not lost, but we're going to have to see a complete turnaround in the next 2 games.

Right now, Nashville looks like they expected to win - Phoenix looks like they're DETERMINED to win.

If that doesn't change on Wednesday, we're done.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:30 PM
  #253
Fuelled by Passion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 537
vCash: 500
Absolutely no production from some players. Veterans and leaders. IDK what it is but if they won't get it going Phoenix will sweep Nashville. I remember saying that Rads return could hurt Preds, so far he is disappointment in this series and in all but one game vs Detroit, considering how much quality ice-time he gets and how the lines changes for him. All hot players will end up to play with him.
Where are all this guys with a quotes of how amazing is Radulov and how bad Kosty-brothers and Hornqi are now?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wZgkCmVHyCs
Seriously tho, only team as unit win series not single players and something is wrong right now in Nashville, gather up and kick some ass boyz!

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:38 PM
  #254
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsHockey View Post
No, not that at all....while I agree Yip isnt the greatest of choices I would want out there, I don't think Toots brings much to the table at this point. It's obviously very angry he isn't playing and has a chip on his shoulder and while that could work in giving a spark to the team, I see it going the other way and Jordin taking too many chances and stupid penalties. I think he would be wanting to prove too much, and would hurt the team. I'd keep Yip over Toots at this point, but I wouldnt be surprised if Trotz decided to call his number this wednesday....I just don't like it
I understand your concern about Toots taking a bad penalty and I wouldn't start him if it was a road game but right now the team has to be deflated. If I were Trotz I would put Toots in Yip's spot and tell him he's not to do any of that fancy passing crap he is to play a straight ahead game and hit everything in sight(legally) He could provide a much needing boost at this point that Yip can't provide to the team and the fans. Players feed off the fans energy at home and Toots can get that energy in the building. Don't get me wrong I'm not against Yip because he does what is asked of him on the 4th line. He plays hard and straight forward but he can't provide a spark this team likely needs.


If I was Trotz I would just bench SK. He has been slow,weak and not confident for quite some time now. He has been a black hole for our supposed "first line". Tonight again he managed to kill offensive rushes. We have enough PK forwards. Put someone on that line that is playing good hockey. Wilson looked motivated tonight I would love him on that line but AK or Horny would work as well.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:49 PM
  #255
PredsHockey
Registered User
 
PredsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Country: United States
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I understand your concern about Toots taking a bad penalty and I wouldn't start him if it was a road game but right now the team has to be deflated. If I were Trotz I would put Toots in Yip's spot and tell him he's not to do any of that fancy passing crap he is to play a straight ahead game and hit everything in sight(legally) He could provide a much needing boost at this point that Yip can't provide to the team and the fans. Players feed off the fans energy at home and Toots can get that energy in the building. Don't get me wrong I'm not against Yip because he does what is asked of him on the 4th line. He plays hard and straight forward but he can't provide a spark this team likely needs


If I was Trotz I would just bench SK. He has been slow,weak and not confident for quite some time now. He has been a black hole for our supposed "first line". Tonight again he managed to kill offensive rushes. We have enough PK forwards. Put someone on that line that is playing good hockey. Wilson looked motivated tonight I would love him on that line but AK or Horny would work as well.
I feel ya, and I think Trotz will too and put him in on Wednesday. You bring up good points and I'm now less negative on that point. We need something to pull us out of this, and I think our defense defiantly needs to be the main issue. Slow the pace down to almost snail speed is a must. If its boring, its boring, I'd rather watch boring hockey then be sitting at home with a possible Yotes-Kings matchup looming. Get the first goal, play strong defense with lots of forechecking and have the game come to us...kinda like what they have been doing lol

PredsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:12 AM
  #256
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Taking a step back.

Breathe.

Focus.

Call me crazy if you like but I'm not panicking yet.

Others have pointed out: We've come back from a 2 game deficit in the playoffs before.

This has been another post-season of firsts for the Nashville Predators. How about we go out, win game three, and then game four, and swing momentum back in our favor going into Phoenix for game 5?

I don't care about statistics. I don't care about the regular season.

If we take it back to the fundamentals, get 100% effort from everyone on the team, go to the boards, take hits and dish them out, go to the front of the net, start playing like we actually give a damn, we can turn this series around.

Personally not going to pile blame on anyone yet, because we're not booking tee times yet.

This will be the longest three days between games I've ever experienced: What Nashville team is going to show up at home for game three?

Breathe.

Fight on, don't ever give up.

Can't wait to see how loud Bridgestone will be for game three.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:27 AM
  #257
canadianpredsfan97
Registered User
 
canadianpredsfan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancovuer
Country: Canada
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Taking a step back.

Breathe.

Focus.

Call me crazy if you like but I'm not panicking yet.

Others have pointed out: We've come back from a 2 game deficit in the playoffs before.

This has been another post-season of firsts for the Nashville Predators. How about we go out, win game three, and then game four, and swing momentum back in our favor going into Phoenix for game 5?

I don't care about statistics. I don't care about the regular season.

If we take it back to the fundamentals, get 100% effort from everyone on the team, go to the boards, take hits and dish them out, go to the front of the net, start playing like we actually give a damn, we can turn this series around.

Personally not going to pile blame on anyone yet, because we're not booking tee times yet.

This will be the longest three days between games I've ever experienced: What Nashville team is going to show up at home for game three?

Breathe.

Fight on, don't ever give up.

Can't wait to see how loud Bridgestone will be for game three.
This is what I needed to hear after tonight. I knew somebody would post about it and thank you golfmade for doing so.

That was a rough game to watch. Rinne didn't get much help and the effort just wasn't there. I'll give credit to Legs though from what I read on twitter he faced the music post-game and talked to the media. If I were Trotz, I'd play him opening faceoff on Wednesday and if I were Legs I'd prove him right and redeem myself.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:45 AM
  #258
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianpredsfan97 View Post
This is what I needed to hear after tonight. I knew somebody would post about it and thank you golfmade for doing so.


Quote:
That was a rough game to watch. Rinne didn't get much help and the effort just wasn't there. I'll give credit to Legs though from what I read on twitter he faced the music post-game and talked to the media. If I were Trotz, I'd play him opening faceoff on Wednesday and if I were Legs I'd prove him right and redeem myself.
Do you mind sharing what happened/what he said? I don't follow twitter stuff.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:53 AM
  #259
canadianpredsfan97
Registered User
 
canadianpredsfan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancovuer
Country: Canada
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post


Do you mind sharing what happened/what he said? I don't follow twitter stuff.
No sorry no video yet. Josh Cooper, the Tennessean beat right mentioned it on his twitter page tonight. If I see something I'll post it.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:56 AM
  #260
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
This is where Hal gill can earn his money with some well chosen words about adversity on his prior cup runs.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:51 AM
  #261
predwings
Registered User
 
predwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brentwood/Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Right now, the Coyotes look like a team that's been there before and we look like a lost AHL team. I am tired of mediocrity, I am tired of playing second fiddle, I am tired of being on the 2nd team. If you are in that locker room you are doing nothing but screaming at the other players to wake the hell up and play a game. We act as if this is all but assured to be a win and so utterly surprised when a team is playing better than us. I know this team is better than this and I sure hope they do to. If we go home after this round I can easily see many of our star talent giving up and finding "greener" pastures.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:22 AM
  #262
klt2001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Absolutely no production from some players. Veterans and leaders. IDK what it is but if they won't get it going Phoenix will sweep Nashville. I remember saying that Rads return could hurt Preds, so far he is disappointment in this series and in all but one game vs Detroit, considering how much quality ice-time he gets and how the lines changes for him. All hot players will end up to play with him.
Where are all this guys with a quotes of how amazing is Radulov and how bad Kosty-brothers and Hornqi are now?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wZgkCmVHyCs
Seriously tho, only team as unit win series not single players and something is wrong right now in Nashville, gather up and kick some ass boyz!
Remember when I said how I didn't want the team chemistry to be messed up w/ the addition of Rads. Well since the addition of Rads, the Fisher line has gone down the tubes and now the rest of the teams play too in this series it seems. Hope the team can get it together cause if they are waiting for Rads to save them, it isn't coming. Got to have a whole team effort to win. Seems to me like too much watching going on and not enough playing going on by our players. Hello help your teammate out guys and wake up!

And what was Legwand thinking w/ throwing the puck in front of our net to give the other team a goal. Just awful.


Last edited by klt2001: 04-30-2012 at 09:34 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:51 AM
  #263
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
For all the negative talk about this player and that player, it has nothing to do with anything but a long lay off. Teams like ours do well to play every other day or every third day. They were taken out of their routine and their timing and teamwork suffered because of it. Ever notice that after the all-star break we take a while to gel again? Same thing is happening here. Difference is, we have backed ourselves into a corner losing the first two on the road. They need to pick it up a few notches and remember to play team defense first and foremost, like they did in the Detroit series.

Secondly, Trotz needs to put out Suter and Weber against Hanzal's line. Why do you have a shutdown pair if they're not out against the other teams best line?

Thirdly, we need to hit every Coyote in sight next game. Playoff hockey is supposed to be a war and I just see our guys skating around. Fisher is about the only person hitting anyone out there. Erat too for that matter. Everyone else needs to pick it up against Phoenix. If they know they're not going to get hit, they're going to use their team speed against us.
Lastly, Gill and Bouillion are not what I want on the ice. Replace the Cube already. They are slow, way too slow out there for this matchup.

Why Trotz did not try any other line combos last night is beyond me. We have the depth to try lots of different lines and since nothing is really working to speak of, break up the normal line combos and get these guys working like a team again. Find some sort of spark since none of the lines can generate any sort of sustained offense.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:02 AM
  #264
vandyfan84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
I think if we can comeback and tie the series, it will put all the pressure back on PHX. But we HAVE to win Wednesday. No way around it

vandyfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:47 AM
  #265
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,450
vCash: 500
I do agree with glenngineer that maybe we need to sit Bouillon for a game. Put Hillen in. He didn't look too bad at all to me lately but apparently Trotz only plays vets, as usual. And put Matt freaking Halischuk back in!

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:59 AM
  #266
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,880
vCash: 500
it's pretty sad that this lineup looked so special, and is likely going to be almost completely different in the fall.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:04 AM
  #267
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 500
If we didn't gift-wrap Game One for Phoenix, we sure as hell gift-wrapped Game Two.

We have handed the Coyotes the initiative with sloppy defense and poor decision-making. That's not the result of a long layoff, it's the result of a team expecting to win by showing up. Heads need to roll in that locker room when they get back today. We're not out of this with two games at home, but if nothing changes, we're going to get swept. The cynic in me says this team has already resigned itself to losing the series and the rest is a formality. We'll see.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:20 AM
  #268
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
well, that was a fun two games. more offense than you would expect from either team, to be honest.

a few thoughts.....

as a fanbase, we have to adopt the mentality of, we aren't in trouble unless we lose on home ice. Granted, Phoenix fans should just want a split at this point and 2 opps to close out at home. We lose Game 3, we are playing for pride most likely. coming back from 0-3 has been done before, but the odds quite frankly suck. Win game 3, everything changes. then it becomes win game 4 and we have a whole new ballgame. Or lose game 4 and have all the pressure on Pho to close us out because you have to have the feeling we win game 5 and come home in game 6 and get it done. lots of fun to be had here, honestly. But it all starts by winning Wednesday.


It will be interesting to see what Trotz does with the lineup in game 3. I think he sees that the dpairs aren't working right now. No way he splits 20/6, but I think he splits Klein/Josi up. Part of me would not be surprised to see Klein/Gill and Cube/someone other than Josi. Confidence is a strange thing. Josi has zero right now. I think Klein heard about how good an offensive player he was in junior after those goals against Detroit. We need to have an active defense, but not as active as he has been. He hung Josi out to dry a few times. Being said, when a dman is below the dots, someone has to fall back and help out a bit on the points. that is a focus/detail issue that I expect to get fixed by Wed. I think a good long video session will be good for practice today.

Goaltending-We have given up 9 in the first two games. But for whtever reason I am not mad at Pekka. I think 2-3 are on him, yes. Deflections, legwand passing to Coyotes, it all seems like whatever can go wrong around him is. But he is stopping what he even half sees. If anything, I still think Smith is trash. made a few tough stops, but it isn't like he is playing out of his mind to me. If I were a Pho fan, I would be concerned he isn't stopping what he sees.

Forward corps-good lord where to start. I am one of those people who like to ride what brought us here. Being said, if Trotz were to change some things, I would suggest finding a way for Bourque and Erat to play together. they are our 2 best forwards right now. Problem is, they are both good at fishing out pucks. Our 2 shooters are Hornquist, and Radulov. so I guess Fisher would get that call for me. I think you keep legwand and radulov together. And I think I would like to see AK with them again. Now bottom six is where we get dicey. Hornquist can't skate, but he has been effective. So he stays. And I think you stick Gaustad on his line. I think I want to see tootoo on that line as it will be a pain in the ass to play against. But, can tootoo or horn play the left side? Can tootoo not play like an idiot? 2nd bottom 6 line, I think you have to have a grindy checky line. I would put, if healthy, Halischuck, Spaling, and Yip together. At worst, if the new Gaustad unit sucks, you have some interchangeable parts. Or if you think the Gaustad line is Grindy enough-roll Wilson-Smith-SK

I would roll out-

Bourque-Fisher-Erat
AK-Legwand-Radulov
Tootoo-Gaustad-Hornquist

and either:

Yip-Spaling-Halischuck
Wilson-Smith-SK

these last 2 games remind me of when we have tailspins in the reg season. We think we are an offensive team, and overcommit. Constantly. Then, about the time the fire trotz thread rolls out, we recommit to playing Trotz system and reel off 3-4-5 games in a row. With the first being an ugly 2-0. 3-1 kinda game where a bottom forward and a bottom dman score.

Do I think a layoff hurt our guys-yes
Do I think we should have won game 1? yes
Do I think we should have won game 2-no, we were terrible
Do I think we came in over confident? yep
Do I think we expected them to roll over in gm 2 to the on paper mighty team? yep
Do I think ur guys realize the spot they are in? yep
Do I think we are the better team still? yep
Do I think it is time to hit the panic button? ask me Wednesday night

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:01 AM
  #269
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 945
vCash: 500
Be outplayed like the preds were in the 1st and no changes, I can live with. Be outplayed like the preds were in the 1st and 2nd and no changes, WHY?????

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:07 AM
  #270
Fortheloveofthegame
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,189
vCash: 500
Here are some thoughts:
Radulov - too many turnovers in both zones every game. Frustrated and it is showing in his play
SK - has been ineffective for the last 19 or so games. 3 major defensive errors last night. Yandle sneaking in for 1st goal. Two blatant turnovers in D zone for scoring chances.
Legwand - had a rough one the entire game. It has been said enough.
Rinne - has kept this team in majority of games all season, but is looking human now.
Your team has looked like an entirely different team since the trade deadline. Playing wide open, entertaining hockey, but it is not working for them.
I thought this series would be a tight defensive, yawn fest. Very wrong.
Hope you guys can come back at home and have success. It will be tough to come back, but teams have done it.
Yip - I have read some haters for this guy. I think he is a perfect fit for the Preds 4th line. He is solid defensively, works his butt off, and if he chips in a few, great!
Trotz decided who he was going with for the playoffs and seems to be sticking with it, for the most part. Rotating in Wilson, Smith, Halischuk into the 4th line here and there is not going to make a huge impact unless he wants to get the attention of some vets, and play them in that role instead.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:14 AM
  #271
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsHockey View Post
I feel ya, and I think Trotz will too and put him in on Wednesday. You bring up good points and I'm now less negative on that point. We need something to pull us out of this, and I think our defense defiantly needs to be the main issue. Slow the pace down to almost snail speed is a must. If its boring, its boring, I'd rather watch boring hockey then be sitting at home with a possible Yotes-Kings matchup looming. Get the first goal, play strong defense with lots of forechecking and have the game come to us...kinda like what they have been doing lol
I agree, the first two periods of last night felt like run n gun hockey and it hurts to admit but it seems like Yotes are better at that style than us for whatever reason. Our D isn't able to handle the pace of the game. Slow it down, clog up the neutral zone, make them dump and chase and grind out the win. Right now every time Phoenix gets some speed and space they are dangerous and our players are making wrong reads or panicing and throwing it front of the net. It's obvious they are confident in their offensive abilities right now. If they are going to take this series from us let's make them earn it. It's been far to easy for them up to this point.


A shift in the game plan is needed.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:20 AM
  #272
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
well, that was a fun two games. more offense than you would expect from either team, to be honest.

a few thoughts.....

as a fanbase, we have to adopt the mentality of, we aren't in trouble unless we lose on home ice. Granted, Phoenix fans should just want a split at this point and 2 opps to close out at home. We lose Game 3, we are playing for pride most likely. coming back from 0-3 has been done before, but the odds quite frankly suck. Win game 3, everything changes. then it becomes win game 4 and we have a whole new ballgame. Or lose game 4 and have all the pressure on Pho to close us out because you have to have the feeling we win game 5 and come home in game 6 and get it done. lots of fun to be had here, honestly. But it all starts by winning Wednesday.


It will be interesting to see what Trotz does with the lineup in game 3. I think he sees that the dpairs aren't working right now. No way he splits 20/6, but I think he splits Klein/Josi up. Part of me would not be surprised to see Klein/Gill and Cube/someone other than Josi. Confidence is a strange thing. Josi has zero right now. I think Klein heard about how good an offensive player he was in junior after those goals against Detroit. We need to have an active defense, but not as active as he has been. He hung Josi out to dry a few times. Being said, when a dman is below the dots, someone has to fall back and help out a bit on the points. that is a focus/detail issue that I expect to get fixed by Wed. I think a good long video session will be good for practice today.

Goaltending-We have given up 9 in the first two games. But for whtever reason I am not mad at Pekka. I think 2-3 are on him, yes. Deflections, legwand passing to Coyotes, it all seems like whatever can go wrong around him is. But he is stopping what he even half sees. If anything, I still think Smith is trash. made a few tough stops, but it isn't like he is playing out of his mind to me. If I were a Pho fan, I would be concerned he isn't stopping what he sees.

Forward corps-good lord where to start. I am one of those people who like to ride what brought us here. Being said, if Trotz were to change some things, I would suggest finding a way for Bourque and Erat to play together. they are our 2 best forwards right now. Problem is, they are both good at fishing out pucks. Our 2 shooters are Hornquist, and Radulov. so I guess Fisher would get that call for me. I think you keep legwand and radulov together. And I think I would like to see AK with them again. Now bottom six is where we get dicey. Hornquist can't skate, but he has been effective. So he stays. And I think you stick Gaustad on his line. I think I want to see tootoo on that line as it will be a pain in the ass to play against. But, can tootoo or horn play the left side? Can tootoo not play like an idiot? 2nd bottom 6 line, I think you have to have a grindy checky line. I would put, if healthy, Halischuck, Spaling, and Yip together. At worst, if the new Gaustad unit sucks, you have some interchangeable parts. Or if you think the Gaustad line is Grindy enough-roll Wilson-Smith-SK

I would roll out-

Bourque-Fisher-Erat
AK-Legwand-Radulov
Tootoo-Gaustad-Hornquist

and either:

Yip-Spaling-Halischuck
Wilson-Smith-SK

these last 2 games remind me of when we have tailspins in the reg season. We think we are an offensive team, and overcommit. Constantly. Then, about the time the fire trotz thread rolls out, we recommit to playing Trotz system and reel off 3-4-5 games in a row. With the first being an ugly 2-0. 3-1 kinda game where a bottom forward and a bottom dman score.

Do I think a layoff hurt our guys-yes
Do I think we should have won game 1? yes
Do I think we should have won game 2-no, we were terrible
Do I think we came in over confident? yep
Do I think we expected them to roll over in gm 2 to the on paper mighty team? yep
Do I think ur guys realize the spot they are in? yep
Do I think we are the better team still? yep
Do I think it is time to hit the panic button? ask me Wednesday night
I agree for the most part...

I like that 1st and 3rd line..

Rads is the one I'm not sure of... I might put SK with his brother on the 2nd.
and possibly sit Rad... I just don't know. I think you have to look at drive and intensity....of course not many had that last night...But I don't agree with having him with the 2nd line anymore... he's just not defensive enough.

if halischuk is healthy, he does need to be in.

I think it's time for Ellis to be in the game...I don't how to fit all those pieces in though... maybe he takes Josi's place.....

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:36 AM
  #273
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Personally, I think it's time to split up Weber and Suter. While they have played together for the most part over the last bunch of years, it's time for them to be on the ice all the time, ala Neidermayer and Pronger during the Ducks Cup run. They each need to eat up 30 minutes with whoever Trotz wants them to be on the ice with. At all times, one of them is out there. That way we are assured that one of them is out against the Hanzal line. Barry, these two are your stud horses back there, play them as such. Give Klein and Josi 20 minutes a piece, Josi with Weber and Klein with Suter, give Gill and the Cube the other 10 minutes with Cube with Weber and Gill with Suter. Give the two big guys all the PP time and use them on the PK as much as they can stand with Gill and Klein getting the bulk of the rest of the time.

You want your best players on the ice as much as possible in the playoffs. Time for Weber and Suter both to elevate their games and lead this team. It's about time for Weber to put his purse down and use his size to the team advantage. This no hitting crap needs to stop. You're 6'4" and 230 lbs., use it. Crush someone and put the momentum back in our corner.

The three forwards need to play D, not just watch the action. Pick up your man and stay on them. If you don't, you sit.

Fisher's line needs to be broken up. Time to put Marty back with Legwand and use Radulov on the wing. Hopefully they can catch fire like the old 9-10-11 line. Put Fisher between the K brothers. Put Bourque back with Spaling and get Tootoo back on the ice with them. Have Hornqvist on a line with Gaustad and Wilson as well. If nothing else it would give Trotz options if he doesn't like what he sees on the top two lines. Heck, put Halischuk out there instead of Wilson.

This team needs a wake up call and a back to the basics approach of Predators hockey.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:35 AM
  #274
dubgeek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 157
vCash: 500
Phoenix is simply out-Predatoring the Predators right now - beating the Preds at their own game.

They're in a tough spot, but this series is still definitely winnable. If the Preds take care of business in Nashville look for a road win in game 5 and a series end in game 6.

dubgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:12 PM
  #275
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,267
vCash: 500
We looked completely unprepared for last night. Like they forgot it was the playoffs. I'm hopeful they don't forget that again.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.