HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Series Talk - WCSF - #3 Phoenix Coyotes 4 vs #4 Nashville Predators 1

Old
05-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Die in a fire doesn't even begin to explain my anger right now, now I really hope we win 4 straight

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:13 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
They must have took it down...probably a good thing for them considering I wa about to lay into em for that.

There are some things you don't joke about...that being one of em.

Btw, they can have Taylor Swift
Well my posts over there have now disappeared and so is that pic. I reported the pic to a mod so I guess that's why it's been taken down.

On topic, if the Preds come out with the same forechecking and hitting and intensity tonight, I believe we even things up. Let's do it!

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:35 AM
la flama blanca

almost like posting a 9/11 towers pic on a Rangers GDT thread, how ridiculous.

la flama blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:55 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by la flama blanca View Post
almost like posting a 9/11 towers pic on a Rangers GDT thread, how ridiculous.
more or less. The GDT for game 3 showed a trailer park. I went on a rant and got boo'd off pretty quick. That's fine. This wasn't. I'm glad someone did the right thing and deleted it before everyone on here could see it too. I just happen to work 3rd shift and caught it quickly in the early morning hours.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
more or less. The GDT for game 3 showed a trailer park. I went on a rant and got boo'd off pretty quick. That's fine. This wasn't. I'm glad someone did the right thing and deleted it before everyone on here could see it too. I just happen to work 3rd shift and caught it quickly in the early morning hours.
screen capture that **** for future reference

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:43 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I'm so demoralized as a Blues fan, I've already felt myself start shifting into band-wagon mode. I think it was the Rad/Kos suspensions that really won my respect. When I read about that I thought, "I guarantee they're going to win Game 3." The rules are the rules. You can't treat star players differently no matter the circumstances. Its on the players to be responsible for their own choices.

If the Blues can't pull off a miracle (and there's been nothing to indicate they can even win a game vs the Kings) I hope the Preds make it to the SCF. Your fans deserve it.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:11 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Wait, they had a picture of the flooding in their GDT?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:34 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
screen capture that **** for future reference
No. Do not. If it is removed from the boards and someone posts a screenshot of whatever was removed it's a violation of the rules.

Guys, one poster over there did something stupid. We all know that. I realize people are upset, but the generalizations of a fan base and of a city, and the jabs at relocation, need to end.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:34 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Wait, they had a picture of the flooding in their GDT?
There is a report thread for it if you want to see it.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:49 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
1. The easiest choice is to keep Rads-Kost out of the lineup.
Trotz won't be faulted as much if they lose. Go with the winning lineup. He can always insert them later if they lose.

2. It's close to impossible to win the Cup with last game's lineup. Watching the defensive teams like St-Louis get mauled these playoffs and teams with great goaltending and extra firepower going forward, it's a question of time Nashville hits a roadblock. Classic Preds hockey has never gotten them beyond this point.

3. Is later in this series the best time to insert them? Odds are, Rads-Kost are inserted back in the lineup these series. It's either now or after a loss. If it's after a loss, they're inserted in a do-or-die game (likely on the road).
You have hit it on the head. Conventional wisdom says you don't break up the lineup after a win. Your point about the limitations of pure Pred Hockey is also right on. We made deadline moves to become multidimensional without losing our identity. We rolled the Wings, played a very good Game 1 but lost in OT, then laid an egg. We played a great Game 3, aided heavily by 2 fluke goals which allowed us, for the first time in the series, the luxury of playing with a lead. We should not have to sacrifice talent for "Pred Hockey". We should expect both, which is our ticket to the Cup. I think if Rads and AK46 got in tonite, they'd be back-checking SOBs along with a drive to prove they're better than they showed in Game 2.

I support Barry because he knows things we don't know. Maybe he's convinced the Russian Duo haven't quite learned their lesson yet. Maybe the experience of being a healthy scratch (probably first time in Rads life) will shame him into playing Pred Hockey with skill.

That said, I'm afraid we're skating with ankle weights tonite. We're deliberately sub-optimizing the team, assuming our two most skilled players either can not or will not play hard and play defense. If that's true, then I guess we'll have to settle for Preds circa 2011. Maybe against this team, it gives us a better chance to win. It's just a dang shame.

Exhibit A for "ankle weights": Brandon Yip on your first PP unit. Wow. Makes you yearn for the days of Denis Arkipov.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
I think you just stay out of the Coyotes sub-forum.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 03:36 PM
NoNecksCurse

reading through coyotes GDT and man.. they seem arrogant. and that bs with the flood is inexcusable. makes me have a bad taste in my mouth.. that AP poster should have been banned

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 03:53 PM
cju1979
Radulov Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
reading through coyotes GDT and man.. they seem arrogant. and that bs with the flood is inexcusable. makes me have a bad taste in my mouth.. that AP poster should have been banned
Watch out...saying things like "They seem arrogant" could be considered "flaming" with the lame rules they have around here. Checked in today and had like 5 warnings in the past month.

Who's going tonight? I got glass in 109 and will sporting the below sign and my John Rocker Braves shirt and a mohawk. Let's kick some Coyote Ass. Whoops....

cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:13 PM
ChuckWoods

Hey guys,

Leafs fan coming in peace! Just wanted to say I love watching the Preds brand of hockey and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction!

I'll be stuck at work tonight and was wondering if there is a specific website that streams Predators games, or has been streaming this series? Im desperate to watch this game on my iphone to see how the team handles Radulov and Kostitsyn sitting another game!

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Edit: Sorry, just noticed the Game Day thread now!

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:53 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cju1979 View Post
Watch out...saying things like "They seem arrogant" could be considered "flaming" with the lame rules they have around here. Checked in today and had like 5 warnings in the past month.

Who's going tonight? I got glass in 109 and will sporting the below sign and my John Rocker Braves shirt and a mohawk. Let's kick some Coyote Ass. Whoops....

lol its okay... ive got my fair share. I think we all do. whats funny is when you get an infraction from a global moderator and you look at their post history and they are using words 10 times as worse as what you were reprimanded for. can't even post around here without doing something wrong..

ill be in section 328 ! alone... ha how much did you pay for on the glass and where?

Old
05-04-2012, 05:00 PM
predwings

Did anyone else know the hilarious quote from Tippet during the presser?

"If you take the two goals they had away..it's a close game"

Really Tippet? How astute.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:07 PM
helvete

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
Hell you asked for it. Do you not know what's kind of damage that caused a lot of people?! There was a school floating down I 24 that day. That is something you don't joke about.
Oh did I? I don't remember being the guy who posted the picture. Maybe you should actually read what I wrote, "I think we can all agree that no one in their right mind would use someone's death to poke fun"

~ 'arrogant' fan

helvete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:09 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
Did anyone else know the hilarious quote from Tippet during the presser?

"If you take the two goals they had away..it's a close game"

Really Tippet? How astute.
just seen/heard that 2 mins ago... was laughing pretty darn hard.

"if you take those goals away, we could have won" ... I know what he was going for but hearing that is funny.. no way

Old
05-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think it is a mistake to bench them. I think we have too much depth to dress inferior players. With that said, we should still win this game, but benching two of the top 6 offensive players on this team is a bad plan. We lost game 2 because our defense was crap. We lost game 1 because Mike Smith played amazing. I think Trotz is forgetting the dominance of the last 40 minutes of game 1, focusing on the lapses in game 2, and then latching on to his more comfortable grind it out and grit your teeth for the win game 3. I am not faulting Trotz. I understand the rational. I just think it is a mistake.

05-04-2012, 09:31 PM
dulzhok

Blow it up on Sunday. It's such a small percentage that we'll come back, might as well try something totally new.

Erat-Fihser-Radulov
Hornq-Legwand-Wilson
AK-Smith-Halishuk
Borque/Spaling-Gautsaud-Totooo

Sit: SK, Yip, Spaling/Borque

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:37 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

This is one of those times I wish Trotz would be more like Tortorella. He should get a fine for his post game comments. Say that it's tough to win when you have to play against the Refs. That's what legendary coaches like Phil Jackson would do.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:43 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
This is one of those times I wish Trotz would be more like Tortorella. He should get a fine for his post game comments. Say that it's tough to win when you have to play against the Refs. That's what legendary coaches like Phil Jackson would do.
trotz is a good boy...

he will say "we missed alot of chances", "bounces didn't go our way", "be ready for game 5", ect..

Old
05-04-2012, 09:50 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
trotz is a good boy...

he will say "we missed alot of chances", "bounces didn't go our way", "be ready for game 5", ect..
Then he should be fired. He should be fired for his playoff record (2-7 in playoff series).

If he has no spine to call a spade a spade, then that's it for me.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Legionnaire11

Preds now have to win 3 in a row...

I think the best we can root for now is that there isn't another lockout and they can get back at it in October.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:56 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Then he should be fired. He should be fired for his playoff record (2-7 in playoff series).

If he has no spine to call a spade a spade, then that's it for me.
maybe ill be wrong, doubt it. trotz is too nice. we all know that.

im waiting to see his post game comments..