HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Its all over!

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2012, 10:50 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedag View Post
Shaving the beard into a losestache.
rolling mine into a flyers beard. it grew in too nice to waste.

Old
HjamSandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by thathippie View Post
I really didn't think we would make it any where this year. Too many holes and bad pieces (Bruno, Oduya, Kruger (to an extent), etc). With Hossa out and Toews just coming back from a concussion, it just got that much more grim. But I enjoyed the ride while it lasted. Go Hawks!!!

I hope Yotes fans enjoy this advancement in the playoffs as much as they can (Maybe further?) because fortunately it sounds like the team is gone after this season.

If that happens, I will probably become a fan. But as long as they are in PHX/the West, I hope they fail.
Hockey isn't viable in Phoenix.

Old
Recoil

Our special teams really hurt us in this series. A couple of heart-breaking OT goals didn't help, but in both of those games, we shouldn't have given up the lead as many times as we did.

Off season priority list for me:

- Kitchen has to go
I really don't have much else to say here. He is worthless, and our Special teams ended up being a huge contributing factor to our early exit.

- What to do with Kruger?
I get that he was a rookie this season, and that he is supposed to have this great "Hockey IQ" but from what I see of him, it doesn't matter that he has a good HIQ if he can't execute. He has a weak stick. Period. His shots are weak. His attempts to clear the defensive zone are weak. He tries some cute/clever passes, but they are weak too --- rarely do they have any zip. I don't know how you improve that. Give someone else a look?

- Get younger / faster
Burnette and Morrison will be gone. Bring up a couple of the kids with some speed. I know everyone will talk about grit/physicality, but if we are going to be a puck possession team, we need the old slow guys out of here. We do need to add some net presence, and I think we have a couple young guys such as Hayes that can do it, but those one-year rentals need not be renewed.

- Goal tending
Figure it out. We won't go far in the post season with Crawford / Emery. Realize both are under contract already through next season, but this still needs to be addressed. Hey, at least Huet is finally off the books...

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Goaltending and Special teams need to be improved next season --- especially the Power Play. For a team with this skill to have as dreadful of one as we did just doesn't fly.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Admiral Ackbar
Rookie User

Corey Crawford buyout from CapGeek.com

2012-13: $1,208,333
2013-14: $958,333
2014-15: $791,667
2015-16: $791,667

Old
04-23-2012, 10:51 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Larmer View Post
I refuse to believe we let Crawford stay on this team. And if we're not able to trade or bury him, he sure as **** is not going to be our starter.
Bowman basically guaranteed Crawford will be back next year by signing Emery. Crawford isn't going to get dumped in the AHL and God forbid Emery is our #1.

Nothing will change for next year. Nothing. Same problems and same early exit.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Sevanston

Fire Kitchen

Fix the defense

Get a better goalie

Old
Godlike13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Players have nothing to apologize for. Q maybe, with his awful PP and PK.
I have have officially come around to idea of firing Q. Between his line choices, the PP, and just general handling. It was pretty clear Q had no game plan.

Old
Hozzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
we score 0 goals and crawford is the focal point of the hate?

Wheres the accountability for the complete inability to put elevated pucks on net? If it was higher than 6 inches off the ice, it never saw the net outside of a couple shots right into smiths stomach. I said it before the series started, we weren't going to beat smith, a guy who spends 75% of the game on his knees, low. its almost as if the hawks think 5 hole goals are worth 2.
No way you can blame shot placement for the way this turned out. Laws of average say at least one of those shots should've gone in. Crawford was given half the game off and he manages to let 4 goals in net... He is absolutely the focal point here. He knows it. 25k fans at the UC knows, the team knows it and Bowman better know it.. Everyone knew the intangibles weren't there. Its been obvious all season long. If Crawford would've stepped in to his role instead of stepping out of it, we're still playing

Old
SchruteFarms
Cup #5!

I'll take Hudler and Jackman in FA.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:53 PM
madgoat33

going into this game we were 15/17 on the PK, so that wasn't really a problem. Tonight, they got even more passive than usual though and let the coyotes point men have all the time in the world to find shooting lanes whilst letting coyotes stand in front of crawford unimpeded. I actually posted in a coyotes' thread last night that I thought Yandle would be the PoG for them because of all the space the hawks allow the pointmen. Turns out it was OEL, but the point still stands.

I still can't figure out why Odon'tya plays on the PK, he's truly useless in the defensive zone.

Old
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Frustrating. Can't wait to see if we make a splash.

Old
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

I want Nashville/Philly badly

I sort of like Philly, and the more Carrie Underwood (and possibly Taylor Swift ) I see the better.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:54 PM
sketch22

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
I know, because Crawford is awesome. He totally step up his game in this series. From awful, to mediocre.

Seriously people Crawford is not getting scapegoated for this series. He's just getting called out for his mediocre and inconsistent play.
He let in some soft goals. So did Smith. His "mediocre and inconsistent play" are the only reason the Hawks made it this far. It sure wasn't the offense carrying this team. It sure wasn't the defense carrying this team. Definitely wasn't the special teams play.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:55 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozzer View Post
No way you can blame shot placement for the way this turned out. Laws of average say at least one of those shots should've gone in. Crawford was given half the game off and he manages to let 4 goals in net... He is absolutely the focal point here. He knows it. 25k fans at the UC knows, the team knows it and Bowman better know it..
so we were going to win a 0-0 game? There's no such thing as "laws of average", in fact thats a nonsensical statement. The few times we actually challenged smith we either shot it into the only spot on the ice he could stop the puck(morrison, toews low), right into his stomach(shaw), or wide of the net(frolik, half the rest of the team).

Old
04-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Steve Larmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
Bowman basically guaranteed Crawford will be back next year by signing Emery. Crawford isn't going to get dumped in the AHL and God forbid Emery is our #1.

Nothing will change for next year. Nothing. Same problems and same early exit.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Hawkimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkinMI View Post
Team salutes the fans, but I can't help but feel they should be apologizing. Thank god that season's over.

Some changes need to be made over the offseason. They said the Hawks have 20+ players already under contract for next year.

Yeah, that needs to change. As well as some coaching changes.
They need to sit Q down and basically 'Kitchen Goes...or you Both go...period'

Seems like the Hawks took off quite a few games...especially after watching them tonight.

No individual player deserves to be the scapegoat..entire team should be the scapegoat...

On a personal note, i thought Kruger played well tonight....rookie year...anybody screaming for his beheading is clueless about hockey development

Old
04-23-2012, 10:57 PM
madgoat33

We let crawford go he probably just gets picked up by a team that can play defense and looks similar to smith this season.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Slvrdwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
I have have officially come around to idea of firing Q. Between his line choices, the PP, and just general handling. It was pretty clear Q had no game plan.
as stupid as it looked, i understand his theory of trying constant pressure on net by spreading out the offence. i hated the lines myself, but he was trying to keep continuous pressure on smith hoping he would crack. just none of the hawks seemed to learn that they need to elevate the puck to beat smith. i realize in saying this that its also q's fault for not drilling it into their heads, but i'd look to fire kitchen first and give q a shorter leash.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:58 PM
valkynax

Canucks fan coming in pieces here.

Some of you guys (and other fans) mentioned the 2nd round with teams that don't play particularly exciting hockey.

What do you guys think of the distinct possibility that the SCF might be Florida vs Nashville? = =|||

Old
04-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Spudskie

This team needs to get bigger.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Fortyfives

I seem to remember this team winning a cup with 2nd line center currently on the team. Hmmmmm

Old
04-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Hozzer

Quote:
so we were going to win a 0-0 game? There's no such thing as "laws of average", in fact thats a nonsensical statement. The few times we actually challenged smith we either shot it into the only spot on the ice he could stop the puck(morrison, toews low), right into his stomach(shaw), or wide of the net(frolik, half the rest of the team).
I wouldn't say its nonsense because the point I'm trying to make is Crawford can NOT let in 4 goals while only facing 10 or more shots after 40. I edited my post to further reiterate my point.

Old
sketch22

vCash: 1004
Quote:
We let crawford go he probably just gets picked up by a team that can play defense and looks similar to smith this season.
And then people would ***** about Bowman dumping Crawford, because with the way this system handles defense his replacement will be SOL.

Old
Hawkimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Ya gotta just laugh at some of the "fans" in here. Hawks should be "apologizing?" For what? They brought an onslaught onto Yotes in Games 4 and 6 and just had nothing to show for it. Not to mention a major penalty against Torres certainly could have helped them win Game 3.

Players have nothing to apologize for. Q maybe, with his awful PP and PK.
agreed

Old
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
God, Toews looks crushed in this post game interview. He played his ass off this series.

Closed Thread