HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Its all over!

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2012, 11:01 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkynax View Post
Canucks fan coming in pieces here.

Some of you guys (and other fans) mentioned the 2nd round with teams that don't play particularly exciting hockey.

What do you guys think of the distinct possibility that the SCF might be Florida vs Nashville? = =|||
I think that abortion would get about 30k viewers.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:02 PM
sketch22

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkynax View Post
What do you guys think of the distinct possibility that the SCF might be Florida vs Nashville? = =|||
Its better than NYR vs LA. Still defense first and quadruple the arrogance.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:03 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Morrison, SOD, Brunette, Lepisto... cya!

Corey...

Old
04-23-2012, 11:05 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozzer View Post
I wouldn't say its nonsense because the point I'm trying to make is Crawford can NOT let in 4 goals while only facing 10 or more shots after 40. I edited my post to further reiterate my point.
Out of curiousity, what was crawford supposed to do on the second goal? Its hard to really count the 3rd and 4th goals because they were basically irrelevant and were both defensive breakdowns(same for the second). First goal maybe could have been stopped, but it was a screened shot on the PP that he never saw.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:05 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

This team needs to play the kids and see what we got. A Healthy Kyle Beach needs to make the NHL roster next year.

It's pretty obvious that Kane is going to need a BIG winger on his line to be effective going forward.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:07 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS85 View Post
Team needs:

-2nd line center
-better all around depth
-to cut Brunette, Morrison, and Kruger
-to fire Mike Kitchen
-a legit starting goalie

I honestly doubt any of those can be fixed in the offseason. 2012/13 should be just another patchwork roster of crappy veterans and rookies while Crawford and Emery do their thing.
I don't understand all the Kruger hate. He's played a whopping one year in NA, and will be a 22 year old center next year. Give him some time to develop under a DECENT coach as well as continue to let him adjust and hone his skills to the NA game and he could become a good player. Datsyuk is one of the best players in the world and he was brought along slowly (4th line player) before he finally took off. Kruger's role was poorly defined and he was often playing with horrendous linemates. Writing him off would be premature at best.

Most of the others I agree with to an extent, however I also think that Crawford isn't that bad of a goalie (let me finish). This a goalie whose number's didn't do justice to last season as the Hawk defense was wretched. He sported great numbers across this board and won a lot of games for this team by himself. This season the Hawk defense regressed even further and I ultimately think a regression in Crawford's play, a continued slide in team defense, and a horrendously executed PK ultimately made him look worse than what he really is. Maybe he will never play as good as last season, but I highly doubt he'll look as bad as he did this year if this team ever gets it's **** together. The complete lack of defensive discipline/structure and a lack of physicality in front of the net really set this team up to fail. The reality is this team really can't afford to get anyone better, and I believe the likelihood of a rebound season is fairly high, especially if the Hawks make a move behind the bench. With that said Crawford needs to get better (new goalie coach??).

I think the biggest way for this team to improve is to hire a coach that understands not only what he's doing, but to get players to understand that they pretty much suck at fundamental hockey. Our defensemen have gotten softer EVERY year the past 3 years and this cannot be allowed to continue. The player with the best vision on the team, Kane, skates with his back to the goal so often in the offensive zone that he makes himself pretty much useless (an increasingly noticeable bad habit many of our players have). Players don't seem to grasp zone resonspibilities and often gravitate to players who are already covered. This team does not pressure the puck enough (they were better tonight then they have been much of the season) in the defensive zone. Our PK and PPs are jokes and are often comprised with the WRONG personnel (thanks Q!!!!!!!). If the Hawks can improve on even half the fixable issues they have they will be immensely better next season.

But that all starts by firing Q and hiring the right coach who can implement systems and keep players accountable for their actions (not having a few players like Stalberg often undeservedly being in the doghouse). I think a player like Stalberg, who finally started to show a shot and go toward the net can make a big jump. The right coach will finally utilize Leddy as the PP1 quarterback that he should have been this season. Getting guys like Kane, Sharp, and even Hossa to quit skating away from the net and dumping blind, back-handed passes will make them more useful in the offensive zone. A decently run PP will net this team a good 15-20 more goals than what they scored this season. Same for the PK. This team left a LOT on the table this year from being a sloppy, poorly coached mess. If our players embrace fundamentals this will look like a completely different team.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Gurth

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
so we were going to win a 0-0 game? There's no such thing as "laws of average", in fact thats a nonsensical statement. The few times we actually challenged smith we either shot it into the only spot on the ice he could stop the puck(morrison, toews low), right into his stomach(shaw), or wide of the net(frolik, half the rest of the team).
Exactly. At some point you have to score goals.

We scored 2, 3, 2, 2, 1 and 0 goals in regulation, but we lost this series due to goaltending?

C'mon Hawk fan reactioneers... Gotta be smarter than that.

If you're going to sit here and say that the amount of goals scored was sufficient, then you are also saying that our strategy was going to be playing tight defense and riding a hot goalie. Ever watched this team?

Crawford did fine.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:10 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkimus View Post
They need to sit Q down and basically 'Kitchen Goes...or you Both go...period'

Seems like the Hawks took off quite a few games...especially after watching them tonight.

No individual player deserves to be the scapegoat..entire team should be the scapegoat...

On a personal note, i thought Kruger played well tonight....rookie year...anybody screaming for his beheading is clueless about hockey development
STs aren't the only problem as this team is a fundamental catasrophe. Getting rid of Kitchen helps, but why stop there?

Old
madgoat33

Crawford certainly wasn't great, but if we needed him to be great to win then we weren't going to win.

Old
ered7

I think you'll see the status quo in net, unless something changes. Hawks fans won't see a replay of the Khabby-Huet throw money at goalies to solve the goaltending problem. Now, if a trade comes across the desk, perhaps that's a way to solve some of the issues, but I'm not expecting it.

Emery is already signed, Crow had a few years left on his deal. I think if you fix some of the blueline issues, Crow may return to last year's form. Is that enough to carry this team, we'll see. If you fix what's in front of him, and this was the case throughout the season, it makes Crow's job easier.

I think where you'll see changes is up front, add some board workers for the forward corps; and then on the back-end, the blueline needs an upgrade.

Old
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
I don't understand all the Kruger hate. He's played a whopping one year in NA, and will be a 22 year old center next year. Give him some time to develop under a DECENT coach as well as continue to let him adjust and hone his skills to the NA game and he could become a good player. Datsyuk is one of the best players in the world and he was brought along slowly (4th line player) before he finally took off. Kruger's role was poorly defined and he was often playing with horrendous linemates. Writing him off would be premature at best.

Most of the others I agree with to an extent, however I also think that Crawford isn't that bad of a goalie (let me finish). This a goalie whose number's didn't do justice to last season as the Hawk defense was wretched. He sported great numbers across this board and won a lot of games for this team by himself. This season the Hawk defense regressed even further and I ultimately think a regression in Crawford's play, a continued slide in team defense, and a horrendously executed PK ultimately made him look worse than what he really is. Maybe he will never play as good as last season, but I highly doubt he'll look as bad as he did this year if this team ever gets it's **** together. The complete lack of defensive discipline/structure and a lack of physicality in front of the net really set this team up to fail. The reality is this team really can't afford to get anyone better, and I believe the likelihood of a rebound season is fairly high, especially if the Hawks make a move behind the bench. With that said Crawford needs to get better (new goalie coach??).

I think the biggest way for this team to improve is to hire a coach that understands not only what he's doing, but to get players to understand that they pretty much suck at fundamental hockey. Our defensemen have gotten softer EVERY year the past 3 years and this cannot be allowed to continue. The player with the best vision on the team, Kane, skates with his back to the goal so often in the offensive zone that he makes himself pretty much useless (an increasingly noticeable bad habit many of our players have). Players don't seem to grasp zone resonspibilities and often gravitate to players who are already covered. This team does not pressure the puck enough (they were better tonight then they have been much of the season) in the defensive zone. Our PK and PPs are jokes and are often comprised with the WRONG personnel (thanks Q!!!!!!!). If the Hawks can improve on even half the fixable issues they have they will be immensely better next season.

But that all starts by firing Q and hiring the right coach who can implement systems and keep players accountable for their actions (not having a few players like Stalberg often undeservedly being in the doghouse). I think a player like Stalberg, who finally started to show a shot and go toward the net can make a big jump. The right coach will finally utilize Leddy as the PP1 quarterback that he should have been this season. Getting guys like Kane, Sharp, and even Hossa to quit skating away from the net and dumping blind, back-handed passes will make them more useful in the offensive zone. A decently run PP will net this team a good 15-20 more goals than what they scored this season. Same for the PK. This team left a LOT on the table this year from being a sloppy, poorly coached mess. If our players embrace fundamentals this will look like a completely different team.
Well said.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:13 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Crawford certainly wasn't great, but if we needed him to be great to win then we weren't going to win.
All the Coyotes needed was for their goalie to be great and he was. Same goes for St Louis and Nashville. And now they're all moving on to the 2nd round and we're talking about why we got ousted.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:13 PM
zac

Quote:
we score 0 goals and crawford is the focal point of the hate?

Wheres the accountability for the complete inability to put elevated pucks on net? If it was higher than 6 inches off the ice, it never saw the net outside of a couple shots right into smiths stomach. I said it before the series started, we weren't going to beat smith, a guy who spends 75% of the game on his knees, low. its almost as if the hawks think 5 hole goals are worth 2.
How many times over the last 2-3 years has this team peppered goalies with shots, only to put up an inordinately low goal total? This team and the players on it have histories of blowing great scoring chances due to piss poor shot placement. That includes elevating the puck.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Madhouse Mafia

Quote:
Out of curiousity, what was crawford supposed to do on the second goal? Its hard to really count the 3rd and 4th goals because they were basically irrelevant and were both defensive breakdowns(same for the second). First goal maybe could have been stopped, but it was a screened shot on the PP that he never saw.
I'm not saying I don't agree with you completely, but he faced virtually no pressure for a long and he looked shakey from their very first attack. I just don't know how a guy could mail it in so hard like that. And as far as goals 3&4 go, absolutely NOT irrelevant. 5 times we've seen this team pull a rabbit out of their hats. How do you just blatantly give up on your team like that? That's were most of the scrutiny will come from. when we went down by 2 there was a significant amount of time left. If we netted one, we would have at least had the extra attacker at the end of the game (If the two irrelevant goals don't happen and the defense doesn't clock out early). So, in short, Crawford tanked it just as hard as anyone tonight. Or harder..

Old
04-23-2012, 11:15 PM
SR

One hell of a series Hawks fan, you guys made it fun. Classy set of fans to boot, well most of ya's.

Old
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
All the Coyotes needed was for their goalie to be great and he was. Same goes for St Louis and Nashville. And now they're all moving on to the 2nd round and we're talking about why we got ousted.
Now wait a minute, I'm Sorry Nashville is the real deal....They are poised for the Cup, yes they rely on Rhinne, but that team was going to destroy the hawks even if we managed to slide by the yotes.

Old
Panzerspitze

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLurking View Post
This team was down 3-1 in the series because Crawford ****ed us in overtime in Games 3 and 4. How could anyone not blame him? Hell, if it werent for Crawford being mediocre ALL year we'd of had a higher seed and not even have played Phoenix in the first round.
Watch the games again. The "core" was no-show, and you blame the goalie.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Madhouse Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
How many times over the last 2-3 years has this team peppered goalies with shots, only to put up an inordinately low goal total? This team and the players on it have histories of blowing great scoring chances due to piss poor shot placement. That includes elevating the puck.
This coaching staff, bless their half-***ed hearts, have got to go. I'm sorry Q, I love your passion out there, but given the end result, it just looks like misplaced aggression.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:18 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozzer View Post
I'm not saying I don't agree with you completely, but he faced virtually no pressure for a long and he looked shakey from their very first attack. I just don't know how a guy could mail it in so hard like that. And as far as goals 3&4 go, absolutely NOT irrelevant. 5 times we've seen this team pull a rabbit out of their hats. How do you just blatantly give up on your team like that? That's were most of the scrutiny will come from. when we went down by 2 there was a significant amount of time left. If we netted one, we would have at least had the extra attacker at the end of the game (If the two irrelevant goals don't happen and the defense doesn't clock out early). So, in short, Crawford tanked it just as hard as anyone tonight. Or harder..
3rd goal was also on the PP and was an unimpeded shooter in the slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
Now wait a minute, I'm Sorry Nashville is the real deal....They are poised for the Cup, yes they rely on Rhinne, but that team was going to destroy the hawks even if we managed to slide by the yotes.
disagree. The hawks have played to the level of their competition the past two seasons. No team was going to "destroy" us.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:18 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
One hell of a series Hawks fan, you guys made it fun. Classy set of fans to boot, well most of ya's.
enjoy getting smashed by Smashville..i mean Nashville

Old
04-23-2012, 11:19 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Any team still alive in the west right now would destroy us. That's beside the point. Still, the Preds play a system that revolves around having solid goaltending, and it works. I agree, I think they're the team to beat right now and that's because they have a very respectable offense but have that smothering defense and top notch goaltending.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Epic Neal Time

Pens fan here offering my condolences. The Hawks have always been my second team. Watching them beat Philthadelphia a few years back was excellent. But I gotta say I feel your pain. But hey, at least your goalie only played mediocre, unlike Marc-Andre "Chernobyl" Fleury. So who to cheer for from here on out? I'm hoping you'll be against the Flyers. Personally, I'm rooting for LA, despite being Philly-west.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:20 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
3rd goal was also on the PP and was an unimpeded shooter in the slot.

disagree. The hawks have played to the level of their competition the past two seasons. No team was going to "destroy" us.
We cannot talk about "IF" they didn't, and they continue to think they can turn it on whenever they choose.

edit: i don't think i read your post correctly..... Furthermore, I just simply think nashville was better than us, i didn't think the yotes were, if we would have played the entire series like the first 40 minutes of game 6 we wouldnt have been in this situation.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Madhouse Mafia

Even though its painful to admit. Nashville is a good team. I didn't really see them falter the way we did at times despite being the "better team". How many times have you seen teams win series by grinding away at their opponents? They have the intangibles we lack. I really wanted to play them in rd 1

Old
04-23-2012, 11:22 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
We cannot talk about "IF" they didn't, and they continue to think they can turn it on whenever they choose.
Exactly. Piss poor leadership of this team.

Closed Thread