HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Its all over!

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2012, 11:23 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerspitze View Post
Watch the games again. The "core" was no-show, and you blame the goalie.
Goalie shares the blame. Core sucked. The Hawks couldnt handle a tight checking series and thats Qs fault. Fun and gun is great for the regular season but in low scoring affairs LIKE THE PLAYOFFS (Q), complete fail as a team. Hawks PP was horrible, even gaining the line. On the flip side, the Hawks let the other teams walk in. Whats the use of putting 4 players on the blueline when there giving so much space. Lack of adequate 2 and 3rd paring d was exposed badly.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Why do you guys want to fire kitchen so badly?

Old
04-23-2012, 11:25 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Our special teams were awesome and then they brought him in and now they suck.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:26 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Exactly. Piss poor leadership of this team.
Coach Q needs to go and Hawks Management needs to realize, that the league is Trending back to before the Lockout, its pretty apparent that the league isnt calling penalties like they were when the new CBA days, with defenseman and Players able to start impeding players progress with less interference penalties called, the hawks simply are not built for that type of hockey.

Old
CS85
Tell 'em, Mean Gene!

Send a message via AIM to CS85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Guilty by association. Any and everything about this team's power play lines and strategy needs to be flushed away for the most part.

Old
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurth View Post
Exactly. At some point you have to score goals.

We scored 2, 3, 2, 2, 1 and 0 goals in regulation, but we lost this series due to goaltending?

C'mon Hawk fan reactioneers... Gotta be smarter than that.

If you're going to sit here and say that the amount of goals scored was sufficient, then you are also saying that our strategy was going to be playing tight defense and riding a hot goalie. Ever watched this team?

Crawford did fine.
good logic here! a fan who is not emotional... If you score 12 goals in 6 games that averages out to 2 goals a game. You don't win a series with that.

Fans look at Smith and compare him to Crawford not right. Smith played well and pretty much will always be able to steal 1 game in a series. Smith stole game six. Crawford doesn't have the ability to steal games. So the Hawks must score. I said before the series started if we didn't average 3.5 goals a game then we wouldn't win the series. Averaging 2 goals a game in the series sorry you don't win with that Crawford would have had to have been Brodeur, Roy or Hasek to win this series.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:28 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurth View Post
Exactly. At some point you have to score goals.

We scored 2, 3, 2, 2, 1 and 0 goals in regulation, but we lost this series due to goaltending?

C'mon Hawk fan reactioneers... Gotta be smarter than that.

If you're going to sit here and say that the amount of goals scored was sufficient, then you are also saying that our strategy was going to be playing tight defense and riding a hot goalie. Ever watched this team?

Crawford did fine.
Crawford was mediocre. I'm sorry, but that's a fact. The Yotes had 20 shots tonight and 4 went in. So it's not Crawford's fault they lost, but he was still pretty bad. And he let in 2 awful OT goals in games where the team fought hard after losing a teammate (gm3) and dominating the play (gm4). Certainly the team deserves some blame for making the defensive blunders in games 4 and 6 but at the same time, Mike Smith came up with huge save after huge save, Crawford did not (after game 2, at least).

I am not going to give up on Crawford, though. I want to say sophomore slump and he will look better with a more competent defense next year. Hopefully.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:29 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
How many times over the last 2-3 years has this team peppered goalies with shots, only to put up an inordinately low goal total? This team and the players on it have histories of blowing great scoring chances due to piss poor shot placement. That includes elevating the puck.
Good riddance, this happens to every team. Can't we just give Mike Smith some credit?

Old
04-23-2012, 11:29 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
good logic here! a fan who is not emotional... If you score 12 goals in 6 games that averages out to 2 goals a game. You don't win a series with that.

Fans look at Smith and compare him to Crawford not right. Smith played well and pretty much will always be able to steal 1 game in a series. Smith stole game six. Crawford doesn't have the ability to steal games. So the Hawks must score. I said before the series started if we didn't average 3.5 goals a game then we wouldn't win the series. Averaging 2 goals a game in the series sorry you don't win with that Crawford would have had to have been Brodeur, Roy or Hasek to win this series.
Please.... Go ask Jonathan Quick, and the Kings what 12 goals got them, 4-1 series win over the President trophy Winners

Crawford needs to go

Old
04-23-2012, 11:30 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Good riddance, this happens to every team. Can't we just give Mike Smith some credit?
Sure, he didn't pull a 7uon6o. Congrats to him. he played well for sure, but its not like he halaked the series.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:30 PM
bulletwwings

I agree with zac said...kruger needs some time still to find his game (the one thing I wish he would though is hit the net, i think he missed 4 shots, but who didn't), specialty teams was a disaster all season Kitchen at least needs to go...I said halfway through the season Crow needed to go but as much as a fantasy as that is I really truly believe that even more so now. Sure the star talent didn't show up and score the big goals but when boedker is poke checking OT goals in something needs to be done, Emery didn't even get a chance in net...There are some serious issues Bowman needs to evaluate and if nothing is done then I foresee another early exit next season...

Old
04-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
Our special teams were awesome and then they brought him in and now they suck.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Madhouse Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Crawford was mediocre. I'm sorry, but that's a fact. The Yotes had 20 shots tonight and 4 went in. So it's not Crawford's fault they lost, but he was still pretty bad. And he let in 2 awful OT goals in games where the team fought hard after losing a teammate (gm3) and dominating the play (gm4). Certainly the team deserves some blame for making the defensive blunders in games 4 and 6 but at the same time, Mike Smith came up with huge save after huge save, Crawford did not (after game 2, at least).

I am not going to give up on Crawford, though. I want to say sophomore slump and he will look better with a more competent defense next year. Hopefully.
This is the way I feel, too. Although, i'm done defending Crawford. How much time can you really afford one player? Especially when that player is your #1 netminder? I say analyze every option out there (Miller, Schnieder, Bernier etc) and make the change. Crawford is soft. You can blame the defense, the lack of elevation on our shots, the fact PHO blocked 30% of our shots or what ever the case may be but he did not give us a chance to win this game.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:34 PM
McLurking

You cant compare the Hawks to the other playoff teams outside of Philly and Pittsburgh and say we dont have a goaltending problem. Just look at the Rangers and Bruins, they may not win their series but they all forced their series to 7 games because of who they have in the net. Now look at us, nuff said. You dont got a shot in the playoffs with a kid like Corey Crawford in net.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:35 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletwwings View Post
I agree with zac said...kruger needs some time still to find his game (the one thing I wish he would though is hit the net, i think he missed 4 shots, but who didn't), specialty teams was a disaster all season Kitchen at least needs to go...I said halfway through the season Crow needed to go but as much as a fantasy as that is I really truly believe that even more so now. Sure the star talent didn't show up and score the big goals but when boedker is poke checking OT goals in something needs to be done, Emery didn't even get a chance in net...There are some serious issues Bowman needs to evaluate and if nothing is done then I foresee another early exit next season...
Kruger has no game. We've seen about the best he has. Hes just filling space until a 4th c steps in. To his credit hes improved during the year but whatever.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:36 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Does a Healthy Steve Montador Change this series at all?

Old
04-23-2012, 11:36 PM
bulletwwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
Please.... Go ask Jonathan Quick, and the Kings what 12 goals got them, 4-1 series win over the President trophy Winners

Crawford needs to go
This right here...Quick and LA with 12 goals, Halak/Elliot and STL with 13 goals, Rinne and NSH with 13 goals

Old
04-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Madhouse Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
Does a Healthy Steve Montador Change this series at all?
How about having Dan Carcillo?

Old
04-23-2012, 11:37 PM
madgoat33

We were the 5th highest scoring team in the nhl and then the 5th lowest scoring in the PO's. Lundquist and Thomas also make substantially more money than crawford.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:38 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
This right here...Quick and LA with 12 goals, Halak/Elliot and STL with 13 goals, Rinne and NSH with 13 goals
all 5 game series.

Nice try though.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:39 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
To my discredit, they played 1 less game than us raising their goals per game average a bit above us, but the fact still remains, you need a goalie that can come up with a big save, and Crawford doesn't.

Your paying Crawford more than Jimmy Howard, not that Howard is gods gift to Goalies, but give me Howard over Crawford every day of the week....

Old
04-23-2012, 11:40 PM
bulletwwings

Quote:
all 5 game series.

Nice try though.
Yeah because they actually have competent goaltending...

Old
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Not sure that the 2010 Hawks would have won this game...Smith absolutely stole it. I don't blame Crawford for this loss.

Old
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
all 5 game series.

Nice try though.
yea i went on Lakings.com and jumped the gun on that one, then was like errrrr oh 5 games

Old
04-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
Not sure that the 2010 Hawks would have won this game...Smith absolutely stole it. I don't blame Crawford for this loss.
2010 Hawks would not have let in a goal to what is perhaps the worst offensive team to make the playoffs since the lockout, and would likely have put in a few of their own in regulation.

We're all upset but let's not go crazy here. The team's inability to lift the puck more than 6 inches off the ground was pathetic.

Closed Thread