HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

The Official Chicago Blackhawks 2012 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2012, 05:53 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I've really warmed to the idea of trading for Kipper.
Wouldn't be against it, assuming it was Crawford+ nothing too substantial.

Old
04-25-2012, 05:55 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Ryane Clowe ($3.625m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Brandon Saad ($0.925m) / Jordan Staal or Joe Pavelski ($4.000m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Andrew Shaw ($0.565m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m)
Bryan Bickell ($0.542m) / Marcus Kruger ($0.900m) / Jimmy Hayes ($0.875m)
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Douglas Murray ($2.500m)
Nick Leddy ($1.117m) / Steve Montador ($2.750m)
GOALTENDERS
Miikka Kiprusoff ($5.833m)
Ray Emery ($1.150m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,695,128; BONUSES: $620,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,604,872
What pieces are we giving up to bring in Clowe, Pavelski/Staal, and Murray outside of Sharp and Stalberg?

Old
04-25-2012, 05:57 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
What pieces are we giving up to bring in Clowe, Pavelski/Staal, and Murray outside of Sharp and Stalberg?
That's up for interpretation. I took Olsen off the list to make him available. I'm assuming McNeil, picks, Pirri, etc... could all be involved. Also, I acquired Kipper.

Old
04-25-2012, 06:16 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

So

IN: Clowe, Pavelski/Stall, Murray, Kiprusoff
OUT: Sharp, Stalberg, Pirri, McNeil, first +?

You are seriously gutting our great prospect depth for a handful of guys that may only be Hawks for a year or two.

Old
04-25-2012, 07:19 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Then at least we can look forward to Bowman leaving after next year. At that point, everything gets fixed. One way or the other, the problem should be fixed after next year at least.
Of course it does. Clearly, anyone but Bowman would have had this team winning the Cup this year.

Old
04-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Of course it does. Clearly, anyone but Bowman would have had this team winning the Cup this year.
Well, we should be able to hire Scott Howson or Pierre Gauthier by then, so we'll be all set!

That was sarcasm. In case no one caught it.

Old
04-25-2012, 07:46 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I honestly just don't get alot of the Bowman hate. He's made some mistakes.. but he's done alot of good since he took the job over.

He could have really ****ed up the 2010 team at the Deadline.. but he didn't, despite alot of people saying the teams needs this or that.. he held strong and kept the team together. He could do nothing after winning the Cup.. and sure, you can say he should have kept Ladd/Buff over Hjalmarsson.. but no one was complaining back then from what I remember.

He's brought in some good players via trade and he's had two really good drafts (from the looks of it). He didn't have a great off-season in terms of signings.. but again, it was his first off-season with money and alot of the signings he did make, most people, thought would really help the team.

Bowman's in his third year being the GM.. Second if you discount the Cup team and his teams have had 98 and 101 point seasons. You don't rebuild depth in an off-season.. I expect a more aggressive Stan Bowman this summer and I expect some prospects, Rockford ones in particular, to take some good steps forward this summer and truely challenge for roster spots next year to potentially, not just get call-ups and what have you, but actually contribute to the team.

Old
04-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I honestly just don't get alot of the Bowman hate. He's made some mistakes.. but he's done alot of good since he took the job over.

He could have really ****ed up the 2010 team at the Deadline.. but he didn't, despite alot of people saying the teams needs this or that.. he held strong and kept the team together. He could do nothing after winning the Cup.. and sure, you can say he should have kept Ladd/Buff over Hjalmarsson.. but no one was complaining back then from what I remember.

He's brought in some good players via trade and he's had two really good drafts (from the looks of it). He didn't have a great off-season in terms of signings.. but again, it was his first off-season with money and alot of the signings he did make, most people, thought would really help the team.

Bowman's in his third year being the GM.. Second if you discount the Cup team and his teams have had 98 and 101 point seasons. You don't rebuild depth in an off-season.. I expect a more aggressive Stan Bowman this summer and I expect some prospects, Rockford ones in particular, to take some good steps forward this summer and truely challenge for roster spots next year to potentially, not just get call-ups and what have you, but actually contribute to the team.
I really wonder if Bowman would get as much criticism if his last name were something like Smith or Jones. I think a lot of people have higher expectations from him due to his relation to Scotty (some seem to think his relation to Scotty is the only reason he has the job in the first place).

You can see it underscored in some of the comments thrown his way too. No one calls their GM a "whiny brat" or "Junior" or things like that unless they think of him more as someone's child than an actual adult.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:59 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Craw + McNeill/Pirri + 2nd for Kipper

Closed Thread