HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van - Cbj

Old
04-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Leafs Win The Cup

vCash: 500
Van - Cbj

Van:

Ryan Johansen (4th overall 2010 draft)

Columbus:

Cory Schneider

Canucks get a good centre prospect and can go forward with Loungo, while the Jackets get a young goalie to go forward with. When gillis said at the deadline he wanted one of 6 young players (One being kassian), im guessing that another was johansen, cause gillis likes potential. Who would have to add here? Maybe a mid pick added by Vancouver? Like a 3rd or so?

i was talking to a friend who cheered for the jackets and the nucks are my 2nd fave team, so we came up with this. I think it satisfies the needs of both teams

Leafs Win The Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Finnish Your Czechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs Win The Cup View Post
Van:

Columbus:

Cory Schneider

Canucks get a good centre prospect and can go forward with Loungo, while the Jackets get a young goalie to go forward with. When gillis said at the deadline he wanted one of 6 young players (One being kassian), im guessing that another was johansen, cause gillis likes potential. Who would have to add here? Maybe a mid pick added by Vancouver? Like a 3rd or so?

i was talking to a friend who cheered for the jackets and the nucks are my 2nd fave team, so we came up with this. I think it satisfies the needs of both teams
Source?

Finnish Your Czechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Leafs Win The Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish Your Czechs View Post
Source?
implied cause he went for kassian instead of a proven player... Just guessing

Old
04-25-2012, 12:27 AM
LotteryForLife*

Pretty good proposal actually

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:27 AM
wahsnairb

the jackets traded away carter, vermette, and pahlsson at the deadline this past season.. they are already back to weak at center and this would make it worse.. that doesn't even take into consideration the fact that they are trading away their best young player for a goalie (even if he is looking like he could be a great one)

it just doesn't make sense for the CBJ and there are respectable goalies that can be had during free agency that wouldn't cost more than their paycheck

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Leafs Win The Cup

would happen before the draft too, so that they can agree to a contract before the draft. Also the nucks would get valuable cap space because of an entry level deal

Old
04-25-2012, 12:31 AM
Mojo Risin*
Burrows #1 fan

Big fat no from the Canucks

Mojo Risin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:32 AM
Leafs Win The Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BothEndsOfTheRink View Post
Big fat no from the Canucks
why? seems pretty equal without the pick

Old
04-25-2012, 12:33 AM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
the jackets traded away carter, vermette, and pahlsson at the deadline this past season.. they are already back to weak at center and this would make it worse.. that doesn't even take into consideration the fact that they are trading away their best young player for a goalie (even if he is looking like he could be a great one)

it just doesn't make sense for the CBJ and there are respectable goalies that can be had during free agency that wouldn't cost more than their paycheck
What if you flipped Mason for a 2nd line center?

Say...Dave Bolland?

Old
04-25-2012, 12:36 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
What if you flipped Mason for a 2nd line center?

Say...Dave Bolland?
a team would take mason for free right now? let alone return a decent center?

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Mojo Risin*
Burrows #1 fan

Quote:
Because the Canucks want to keep Schnieder and they don't need another centre. The trade is great for Columbus, but makes zero sense for Vancouver.

The thought of Luongo being in a Canucks uniform on opening day next year is a horrific one.

Mojo Risin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:44 AM
punk_o_holic

Just a random fact, Johansen is from Port Moody so you have a kid coming to play in his home town.

Anyhow, after the Hodgson deal and the way Kassian turned out(not saying he won't improve next season), I would think the Canucks would rather acquire a proven player for Schneider. Also, with Sedin and Kesler down the middle, where would he play? Columbus had him on the wing but his natural position is to play center.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:45 AM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

Dont worry Leafs will trade Connolly Bozak and Colborne to them in a Nash deal.

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Leafs Win The Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Just a random fact, Johansen is from Port Moody so you have a kid coming to play in his home town.

Anyhow, after the Hodgson deal and the way Kassian turned out(not saying he won't improve next season), I would think the Canucks would rather acquire a proven player for Schneider. Also, with Sedin and Kesler down the middle, where would he play? Columbus had him on the wing but his natural position is to play center.
another reason why I made it! Kassian, Johansen and Jensen would be a good mix of depth + size going forward. I think it would be great for the future of both clubs. He could play on the 3rd line in Van, maybe replace raymond?

he played on the 4th line in Cbj, hence little points. Similar to hodgson on our 4th line, a player with skill will have a tough time with those linemates.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:52 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Van:

Columbus:

Cory Schneider

The value I think is fine, and if the Canucks had to deal Schneider, then it's a deal I'd definitely be interested in. But I would first make sure that I couldn't move Luongo anywhere. I would still rather lose Luongo on waivers (if it came to that) so I can sign Schneider long-term, then go with Luongo and trade Schneider for Johansen.

After the way this season ended, and with the coach using Schneider in the playoffs in the final 3 games (and how Schneider performed in those games), I don't see how you could deal Schneider now and go with Luongo... it would be a PR nightmare, and it would cause friction with the coach and goalie moving forward, as well as friction between the GM who chose to keep Luongo and the coach who chose to give the team's most important games to Schneider. If Luongo stays, AV would have be fired I'd think. And if Luongo stays and is outplayed by Schneider, where ever he goes, then Gillis' could end up being fired as well... at this point now, I think you have to move Luongo.

Value-wise, no problems... but again, I'd take Schneider over Johansen, so if there's any chance to retain him and move Luongo, I explore every one of those options first.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
Because Schnieder is our number 1 goalie now. Hes not getting traded

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Mitts McCann

Quote:
Van:

Columbus:

Cory Schneider

Good value for both sides but I dont think this is the right move for Vancouver. Luongo should be traded and Jordan Schroeder is ready for the NHL, as the third line center.

Mitts McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Leafs Win The Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Good value for both sides but I dont think this is the right move for Vancouver. Luongo should be traded and Jordan Schroeder is ready for the NHL, as the third line center.
schroeder is small, we need to get bigger and this would help. Imo it's better long term. As i said, imagine kassain, jensen and johansen on a line! Size and skill is a great mix

Old
04-25-2012, 01:06 AM
Mitts McCann

Quote:
schroeder is small, we need to get bigger and this would help. Imo it's better long term. As i said, imagine kassain, jensen and johansen on a line! Size and skill is a great mix
I'd rather see what we could get for Luongo. But if he can't get any good offers, I'd like that for Schneider. Johansen would look really good in this jersey.

Mitts McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 01:13 AM
canadianmagpie

vCash: 150
Better than some offers I've seen for Schneider, but I think that management will try to lock up Schneider long-term and look at moving Luongo first.

canadianmagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 01:22 AM
CanaFan

I'd do it. Schneider looks terrific and I wouldn't do this deal w/out some hesitation, but I think the Canucks need for:

a) Young talent (in general)
b) Big, strong, offensive centre with #1 upside

is too much to pass up simply b/c we'd rather have Schneider than Luongo. Honestly, I think the Canucks can win with Luongo as well as Schneider, just in a shorter window (3-4 years versus 8-9 for Schneider). Cap hit, once we re-sign Schneider is going to look pretty close to Luongo's (~$4M vs $5.3) so the difference between what Luongo can potentially bring (B. Schenn?) and what Schneider might bring (Johansen in this scenario) is probably bigger than their actual on-ice difference.

Plus Johansen, while young and not proven, gives the Canucks some options to reduce Kesler's minutes (reduce wear and tear for playoffs) or even swap him out for a high-end winger or d-man.

Lots to like with this trade from Vancouver's POV. Question I have is, would Columbus actually do it? #2 pick will net them a nice player, but probably a dman and so would they actually part with Johansen?

CanaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 01:29 AM
CanaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post

3rd line centre is perfect place for a 20 yo kid to learn and ply his trade. Not for Cody Hodgson mind you, but for pretty much every other NHL centre learning and growing his game. I also think it's time for Vancouver to start considering their next generation of players, rather than focussing on a "proven" player necessarily. Sedin's in their 30's, Kesler shows signs of breaking down, and we have no other high end forwards or even prospects in our pipeline (Jensen is the best we have, and he was rated #60 by Hockey News, so not exactly blue-chip, can't miss). Long-term, a kid like Johansen gives you 12-15 years of potentially high-end play and keeps Vancouver from moving into Detroit territory age-wise (top players all close to 35+).

CanaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
The value I think is fine, and if the Canucks had to deal Schneider, then it's a deal I'd definitely be interested in. But I would first make sure that I couldn't move Luongo anywhere. I would still rather lose Luongo on waivers (if it came to that) so I can sign Schneider long-term, then go with Luongo and trade Schneider for Johansen.

After the way this season ended, and with the coach using Schneider in the playoffs in the final 3 games (and how Schneider performed in those games), I don't see how you could deal Schneider now and go with Luongo... it would be a PR nightmare, and it would cause friction with the coach and goalie moving forward, as well as friction between the GM who chose to keep Luongo and the coach who chose to give the team's most important games to Schneider. If Luongo stays, AV would have be fired I'd think. And if Luongo stays and is outplayed by Schneider, where ever he goes, then Gillis' could end up being fired as well... at this point now, I think you have to move Luongo.

Value-wise, no problems... but again, I'd take Schneider over Johansen, so if there's any chance to retain him and move Luongo, I explore every one of those options first.
it seems like you are one of the few canuck fans who understand that the value now is going forward with Schneider, with him being an RFA and and possibly a UFA in a year you are absolutely correct, since Schneider already is comfortable in vancouver and knows the system yoou can sign him long term at a cheaper rate and move beyond the Luongo drama. its better for the team and the players involved.

I give you credit because so many other canuck fans dont consider how his contract status could affect his trade value as other teams will take that into account and yet you also see how Luongo has his value affected by having Schneider as well. having both effectively limits the value of the other

you certainly have the most balanced view ive seen of any canuck fan well done

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:22 AM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
a team would take mason for free right now? let alone return a decent center?
He played well toward the end of the season. Played behind an AHL caliber defense. He's certainly an upgrade from Corey "Dead Piece" Crawford

Old
04-25-2012, 04:03 AM
Big Naissak
4 8 15 16 23 42

Send a message via Skype™ to Big Naissak
No thank you, I like johansen and all but we have schroeder that can fit in to that 3rd line C pretty well, he's defensively responsible a great fast playmaker that is extremely strong for his size.

Big Naissak is offline   Reply With Quote