HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Pitts. For Sidney Crosby.

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
After some discussion, we've decided to re-open this. Keep the discussion civil.

Old
04-24-2012, 01:30 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
I'm sure Montreal can afford to give up some of these:
I dunno, those are some pretty awesome pliers.

Old
04-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgeSHIELD View Post
The moment Pk Subban is a Penguin is the moment I doubt my allegiance to the pens. Also this is a bad deal for both teams. The Pens gain a bunch of young players, but they don't need to rebuild and they lose Crosby. Montreal will need those young players to rebuild some and while Crosby would be beneficial to them, 1 player does not outweigh having 2 good players and 3 potentially good players.
Sorry he won't be up for Lady Bing like Cooke. Come to think of it didn't you have three guys suspended in one game? How can the never-been-suspended Subban be so horrible you would break off your five year allegiance to the Pens?

Old
04-24-2012, 02:40 PM
CrazyJ

vCash: 1295
No matter what the return is for Crosby, Pit loses every time. There is no possible trade for Crosby that could be proposed where Pit would get the better player. You don't trade the best player in the game. The circumstances that came together that lead to 99 getting traded will not be reproduced in Pit.

Old
04-24-2012, 02:48 PM
forgeSHIELD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Sorry he won't be up for Lady Bing like Cooke. Come to think of it didn't you have three guys suspended in one game? How can the never-been-suspended Subban be so horrible you would break off your five year allegiance to the Pens?
Ok that was a gross over reaction and I apologize. I still don't like him on this team though. Also, if you look at the inconsistency of suspensions going around, especially after Rinaldo got nothing for his shenanigans, I wouldn't be so quick to use suspensions as a way to gauge how dirty a team is. As for Cooke, I was ready for him to ride it out in the AHL on his first slip up. So far he hasn't all year. The worst he has had was a game misconduct for mouthing off on free misconduct night. Been cheering for Pittsburgh teams for years and while I didn't start actively watching hockey until the cup year, I stuck with them through the huge slump they went through before they got hot. Wasn't even aware of how big of a deal Crosby was until the Pens-Caps series. Up until then I figured it was his time to shine.

Old
04-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
Gentlemen!

Any owner will take Sidney Crosby no matter what, and any owner would not let him go no matter what.

Don't even come up with names Shero and other GMs. Even Shero would say yes to something, Mario would say NO!

If you're owner of anything, you want to earn. You will NEVER dump something what brings you millions and millions of dollars EVER!

You have absolutely NO idea (I don't have either, but at least I can admit it) what is it to OWN Sidney Crosby.

You can find equal value on the ice for him. But you can never find the equal value for your organization and especially for the owners!
One more concussion...

Old
04-24-2012, 02:53 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathfilms View Post
idk crosby is great but not 3 1st rounder + 2 2nd rounder take out 1st rounder for 2013 then you have a deal
Is this a joke?

Old
04-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Schuler View Post
Value-wise, change the 2nd to a 2013 1st it approaches fair value. Now, what to do with Fleury is a challenge.
Solid goaltendig + 25-30 goals from pacs, + say, 20 goals from the habs 2012 first rounder +10ish goals from Subban + whatever 2013 draft pick does gives the habs depth, and most importantly a team. Doing that for Crosby guts the team and leaves us dick all for at least 3 years giving Pittsburgh a more than likely first overall.

It's already been seen that Crosby can't lead a piss poor team into the playoffs. No player can.

Have a player of his calibre would be great. So is winning, though...

Old
04-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
I'd sooner trade for Malkin.

Subban
Eller
3rd overall pick.

Old
04-24-2012, 03:48 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Here's how you trade Sidney Crosby.

Get the top 10 teams in the NHL together.

Set up a contract wherein each team agrees to (secret handshake) forfeit one playoff series to the Penguins over the next 10 years.

Then each team offers up their 2012 1st round pick.

The Penguins trade Crosby to one of the teams, and they agree to trade Crosby at the end of the 2012-13 season to another team, in sequence, so that each of the 10 teams get Crosby for one season.

This gives the Penguins 10 1sts and a legitimate shot at a Stanley Cup for the next decade, and 10 other teams get Crosby for a season.

In other words, it'll never happen, but my suggestion at least has some flair to it.

Old
04-24-2012, 03:50 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
One more concussion...
Crosby is retiring a Penguin, whether it's in 2012 or 2032, Sid the Kid will retire in a Penguins uniform.

Old
04-24-2012, 04:27 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
Crosby is retiring a Penguin, whether it's in 2012 or 2032, Sid the Kid will retire in a Penguins uniform.
don't be so sure...

Old
04-24-2012, 04:31 PM
IceDogsandLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Ausguins View Post
Not this again.......How many times does everyone have to be told that Sid will not leave Pittsburgh!!!!!!!
Correct. The Pens need to figure out though what they are doing with Staal and/or Malkin. It would be wonderful to keep all three centres, but at what price?

Old
04-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Kader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
Montreal

Pk Subban
Plekanec
2012 1st
2013 1st
2012 2nd

Pitts

Sidney Crosby
Crosby's trade value vastly exceeds his playing value. He will never be traded.

Old
04-24-2012, 05:01 PM
caley

Closing this as it's leading to nowhere good. It's nice out, go play in the sun.

Closed Thread