HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Col & Van

Old
04-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Crisp Breakout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I am not surprised there was a certain amount of hate for the idea but from what Ive seen posted recently. I thought it would fit what Vancouver would be looking for.

Ive always been a Kesler fan and players have off years. Hes one of the top American players in the game.

I'm really surprised lately as to how much "what have you done for me lately" comes into valuing players. It's pretty rare a player's skill just ups and walks away. Boyes & Gomez are examples of 1 or 2 year wonders but that does not seem to be the majority case for most players that put up solid years.

People are down on guys like Duchene and Kesler to much and I think it's a little unfair.
It's a bad proposal. O'Reilly is going to bring comparable production in the future, and he does so without a whiny attitude. ROR is as humble and self-aware as you could hope for in a player. I've never been a fan of Kesler. He really embodies most of the criticisms people shout about Crosby around here, but without the world class talent.

For me it has little to do with a what have you done for me lately attitude. I think both Kesler and O'Reilly are going to be consistent 60 point centermen. I do expect Kesler to have a few seasons here and there where he outdoes ROR in the goal scoring department, but I would rather take ROR's attitude.

But even that said, I just don't see the point for either team.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 05:16 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
It's a bad proposal. O'Reilly is going to bring comparable production in the future, and he does so without a whiny attitude. ROR is as humble and self-aware as you could hope for in a player. I've never been a fan of Kesler. He really embodies most of the criticisms people shout about Crosby around here, but without the world class talent.

For me it has little to do with a what have you done for me lately attitude. I think both Kesler and O'Reilly are going to be consistent 60 point centermen. I do expect Kesler to have a few seasons here and there where he outdoes ROR in the goal scoring department, but I would rather take ROR's attitude.

But even that said, I just don't see the point for either team.
Would you do it for Ryan? Not only do we need RWs but it might help us if we were to go after Parise.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Kesler is overrated and always has been. He's was great in the playoffs last year, but besides that he hasn't done anything to change my mind. Avs say no.
Yeah man I know, totally over rated, I mean what has he done? Back to back seasons of 75 and 73 points - big whoopdy-doo, in 1918 Odie Kleghorn scored at a 135 point pace over 82 games and no ones ever heard of him, so why would anybody care about Kesler's 73 and 75. Only 1 season with 41 goals - just brutal, I knew a guy in my beer league who had 41 goals in 1 game, now he was totally under rated. A Selke trophy - those things are like boxing title belts, everybody and their dog has one of those. And he did these things as the 2nd line C, if he was any good he'd be a first liner, heck man I could probably be the Canuck's 1st line C, they have no depth there. Avs say no.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:52 PM
avsfan09

Vancouver would do this in a heartbeat. Avs would say no in this situation. I personally think this would make us a worse team now and in the future.

avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:30 PM
BrickAHL
No More

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
Vancouver would do this in a heartbeat. Avs would say no in this situation. I personally think this would make us a worse team now and in the future.
No they would not. In the end I think both teams say no.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote