HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I miss Sean Avery

Old
04-23-2012, 06:40 PM
theFiGS42

vCash: 500
I miss Sean Avery

I think the title says it all, I'm so rattled right now. It seems like the senators are getting away with all kinds of trash a guy like Avery is what we need right now, I was never a fan of his antics but after seeing Neil I wish he was still around.

theFiGS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:45 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

I agree. He's be a lot more useful than John Mitchell.

We are being totally out "jammed".

You know, Mike Rupp has really let me down. If I were Torts I'd send him out to destroy Neil.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:54 PM
theFiGS42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
I agree. He's be a lot more useful than John Mitchell.

We are being totally out "jammed".

You know, Mike Rupp has really let me down. If I were Torts I'd send him out to destroy Neil.
I thought mike rupp had offensive game? Isn't that what people said about him? I have no problem with our 4th liners but to have Mitchell and Feds on the 2nd PP unit is terrible, how hagelin and even Kreider who's showing his potential get no pp minutes is making me sick . I know I'm jumping off topic but I'm venting because I am furious watching this gme

Old
04-23-2012, 06:54 PM
mug25

I cant stand Avery but....I agree. Anything is better than John Mitchell.

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:55 PM
MadHookUp

We need Mitchell on the power play. There is no one more talented on this team that could take his spot.

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:55 PM
theFiGS42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug25 View Post
I cant stand Avery but....I agree. Anything is better than John Mitchell.
I couldn't stand Avery either but go figure he's exactly what we need for a series like this

Old
04-23-2012, 06:56 PM
theFiGS42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHookUp View Post
We need Mitchell on the power play. There is no one more talented on this team that could take his spot.
You forgot to put the face. (I hope)

Old
04-23-2012, 06:59 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

What do you mean you miss Sean Avery? You can see him every Monday night at 9 PM EST on Bravo channel's new Fashion night!

Your Mr. Hockey retired the minute his absurd contract was set to end. Yes, exactly what the Rangers need in the line-up now, a devoted team player who wants nothing more than to win!

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:59 PM
jacko23
KCCO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS42 View Post
I thought mike rupp had offensive game? Isn't that what people said about him? I have no problem with our 4th liners but to have Mitchell and Feds on the 2nd PP unit is terrible, how hagelin and even Kreider who's showing his potential get no pp minutes is making me sick . I know I'm jumping off topic but I'm venting because I am furious watching this gme
the only reason people said Rupp added offense was because they only remember him for that hatty he had against us last season.

in reality, hes another 4th liner. granted, he seems to be, and ive heard he is a good locker room guy, but most 4th liners are. they gotta provide SOMETHING.

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:00 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Lol this fanbase is really grasping at straws if you think Avery would help this team.

MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:01 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHookUp View Post
lol! Johnny Effin' Malkin right there. It's not that we need Avery (although he'd be better than Mitchell, I agree), it's just that we are letting the antics to Neil disrupt our players. Rupp should challenge Neil once he gets off the ice just to get him out of the game. In fact, he NEEDS to do that.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:01 PM
theFiGS42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
What do you mean you miss Sean Avery? You can see him every Monday night at 9 PM EST on Bravo channel's new Fashion night!

Your Mr. Hockey retired the minute his absurd contract was set to end. Yes, exactly what the Rangers need in the line-up now, a devoted team player who wants nothing more than to win!
Like I said was never a fan of the guy BUT what he brought to the ice exactly what Neil brings and what our team is lacking .

Old
04-23-2012, 07:03 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Like I said was never a fan of the guy BUT what he brought to the ice exactly what Neil brings and what our team is lacking .
And if you're watching this series, what are we missing? Goal scoring. So naturally Ranger fans logically conclude that we need an agitator out on the ice to be our difference maker, right?

The league woke up to Sean Avery's antics over 2 years ago. Once they realized he wasn't going to hurt them on the scoreboard, and the refs got tired of his ******** behind the plays, he stopped being effective in his former 'role'.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:04 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Lol this fanbase is really grasping at straws if you think Avery would help this team.
agreed...but i guess it was only a matter of time before this thread popped up. Surprised it wasn't sooner, actually.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:05 PM
nyrleetch

Avery did finish the year #1 for goals per 60 minutes of ice time for LW 5v5 play.

So he could bring goal scoring + agitating!

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:08 PM
theFiGS42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
And if you're watching this series, what are we missing? Goal scoring. So naturally Ranger fans logically conclude that we need an agitator out on the ice to be our difference maker, right?

The league woke up to Sean Avery's antics over 2 years ago. Once they realized he wasn't going to hurt them on the scoreboard, and the refs got tired of his ******** behind the plays, he stopped being effective in his former 'role'.
And I agree we need goal scoring but look at game 1 he lit the lamp looked like we were gunna control the series and Ottawa throws out the goons game 2 and the rangers fall apart. I agree with your point tho we do need the goal scoring BUT I think Avery would of helped

Old
04-23-2012, 07:14 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
And I agree we need goal scoring but look at game 1 he lit the lamp looked like we were gunna control the series and Ottawa throws out the goons game 2 and the rangers fall apart. I agree with your point tho we do need the goal scoring BUT I think Avery would of helped
That's the Rangers own doing, it's their fault, their problem. There is no universal hockey recipe that you're losing a series, so you call up some tough guys and suddenly all the momentum in the series swings in your favor. The Rangers have no one to blame but themselves for how they have handled this series. Konopka hasn't even gooned it up, he's killing us in the face-off circle and on the PK, he's playing real hockey! Aside from instigating the fight with Boyle, Carkner has not been acting like a goon on the ice at all, he's been playing hockey.

Rangers forwards have been the achilles heal of this series for us. Dubinsky, Anisimov, Stepan, invisible on the scoresheet. Even Richards, Gaborik, and Callahan haven't been very good at even strength. No amount of adding a past his prime Sean Avery to the line-up was going to be a difference maker in this series. Rangers went after Karlsson to start this series and all it did was light a flame under the rest of the Sens team's *****...

Old
04-23-2012, 09:07 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

I almost broke my TV when I saw Neil jabbering like he was after that unreal hit by Del Zotto.

If avery saw that he would have gone over to the bench and beat this **** out of neal. I miss him to, even though not a great player, but god damn was he a ****ing man and a ****ing enforcer.

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:09 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

This thread makes me wanna throw my computer against the wall...

HockeyStickHomicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:12 PM
M0rbid

I miss Hollweg. Oh wait...

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post
I almost broke my TV when I saw Neil jabbering like he was after that unreal hit by Del Zotto.

If avery saw that he would have gone over to the bench and beat this **** out of neal. I miss him to, even though not a great player, but god damn was he a ****ing man and a ****ing enforcer.
Sorry but Chris Neil is one of the top middleweight fighters in the league for his weight class and Sean Avery's fighting, which was nothing great to begin with, got progressively worse over the past 3 seasons. Neil would wipe the ice with Avery. Prust has become a better fighter than Avery ever was, and even Prust struggles to throw 'em with Chris Neil.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:16 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
I like Avery, but he's a non factor in this series.

In fact, this is a series in which his antics would kill us.

The only benefit would be that he loves to park his arse in front of the goalie. We need more net presense and he does provide that.

however, I think that guys like Foligno, Smith, Konopka and Neil would handle him with ease.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Blueshirt67

Do you really think Avery would have made it to game 6 in this series without being suspended? There have been too many opportunities for a guy like Avery to get called in to Shanahans office.

Blueshirt67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
So here we are thinking Niel is a dirty ********** and an *******, and some of us want to add the same type of guy?
Pass.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Baby Punisher

I miss Avery to. He would have been perfect for this series. I am dispaointed in Rupp. He really doesn't do much out there.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote