HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

My Mock Draft(top 14)

Old
04-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Habsrule

vCash: 500
My Mock Draft(top 14)

1-EDM-Yakupov

Really it is a no brainer. If you have the top choice in the draft you draft the best player in the draft. Even though they really need a D they just can not pass up on Yakupov.

2-CLB-Grigorenko

I find this draft has a top three. It goes Yakupov one, Grigorenko and Murray tied for second. With the Blue Jackets trading Jeff Carter at the deadline this past season and with Rick Nash most likely gone they will need forwards. The got Jack Johnson who is still somewhat young at the deadline.

3-MON-Murray

I am a huge Habs fan and this pick will not be that liked by Habs fans but you always have to draft the best player when they should be better than you biggest needs. I could see the Habs trading down to #4 to the Islanders if the Islanders are in massive need of a D and Murray is their man.

4-NYI-Dumba

I have to assume that the Islanders want to draft a D man. They have a whole bunch of good young forwards and Dumba could fit right into their system very well. Speedy and highly offense oriented.

5-TOR-Forsberg

The reason that I have the Leafs drafting Forsberg is because everyone is taking Galchenyuk here. Might as well be different than everyone else. Plus the Leafs have had luck with Swedes and you could argue that Sundin and Salming have been the best Leafs over the last few decades.

6-ANA-Galchenyuk

The Ducks get lucky here and have Galchenyuk slip to them. As I said before that I feel their is a top three, I also figure their is a for sure 4, 5, 6 in this draft as well. Galchenyuk, Forsberg and Dumba are those 4, 5 and 6 and one has got to fall to the Ducks at 6.

7-MIN-Trouba

He is the player that all teams want to draft. He is pretty big, physical, can skate, good first pass. He is a player who will eat up a lot of minutes for you. He is the type of player who you win with. Plus being from Minnesota helps getting drafted by the Wild as well.

8-CAR-Faksa

Way to many Kitchener Rangers connections here for the Canes not to draft him. Jeff Skinner in 2010 drafted out of Kitchener by Carolina. Ryan Murphy in 2011 drafted out of Kitchener by Carolina. You have got to assume that the Canes watched a lot of Murphy when Skinner was there which leads me to believe that the Cames would have scouts at Rangers games to watch Murphy and Faksa happens to be a top end prospect as well.

9-WIN-Reilly

He is the best offensive D man in the draft and if he was not injured for most of the year he could have been a top 5 pick. Winnipeg rolls the dice on Reilly and he could be considered a real steal of this draft at #9 if he becomes that offensive star player in the future.

10-TB-Reinhardt

Yzerman at the trade deadline made it pretty obvious that defense was his top priority which leads me to believe that he will draft at D at #10. Reinhardt is I think the best available for him.

11-WAS-Gaunce

He is a Dale Hunte type of player. He has a size, grit, scoring touch, physical package. The Caps have their scorers already and Gaunce is the type of player who can play on a scoring line but will do the dirty work for you. Great fit on the Caps I think.

12-BUF-Ceci

I find that the draft gets much harder at this point now. It is more of throwing darts at a dart board and hopefully you get a good one. Ceci plays an offensive style of game while still being a bigger player. The Sabres have scoring by committee and I think Ceci should fit right into their back end.

13-DAL-Teravainen

All smaller skilled players seem to drop in the draft. He has top ten skills but his lack of size will drop him a bit. Ribeiro and Richards are bother smaller forwards who have thrived in Dallas over the last few years so the Stars are not afraid to draft Teravainen at #13 which could be another steal of this draft.

14-CAL-Subban

Let the rebuild begin. The Flames need everything so why not start from the net out. Kipprusoff is not getting any younger and I do not feel as if they have a goalie in their system who could be an NHL starter. Subban should be the best goalie from this draft.

I will continue this draft once the first round of playoffs are complete and I know the draft order.

Habsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 08:52 AM
KrisBeKreame

I think without a doubt the Islanders take Forsberg if he is still on the board at #4.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:51 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Yeah buddy! Gally to the Ducks!
I'd switch CBJ and MTLs picks.
Also Im pretty sure WPG would take Reinhart or Teravainen over Reilly. Reilly is redundant with Enstrom and Byfuglien.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Yeah buddy! Gally to the Ducks!
I'd switch CBJ and MTLs picks.
Also Im pretty sure WPG would take Reinhart or Teravainen over Reilly. Reilly is redundant with Enstrom and Byfuglien.
Not saying for sure take Reilly, but if the scouts felt he was the BPA there then they should take him.

There's no guarantee that both Enstrom and Buff are even on the Jets when Reilly is NHL ready.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:13 AM
SaintAnton

vCash: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrule View Post

14-CAL-Subban

Let the rebuild begin. The Flames need everything so why not start from the net out. Kipprusoff is not getting any younger and I do not feel as if they have a goalie in their system who could be an NHL starter. Subban should be the best goalie from this draft.
I really hope not. Calgary has holes in their prospect pool at every position except goal.

Irving, Ramo, Ortio have potential and there are other goalies in the system

SaintAnton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

No way Toronto passes on galchenyuk

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:30 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
I'm pretty much fine with how things worked for the Leafs. Since the only reason they didn't get Galchenyuk is a desire to be different from other mocks . Like both him and Forsberg at that 5 spot, so not going to complain either way. Though the center would be preferable.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:29 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
I think without a doubt the Islanders take Forsberg if he is still on the board at #4.
Unless Murray is on the board... but in a scenario like this I agree. Would definitely prefer him to Dumba. Either Forsberg, Galchenyuk or trade down a couple of spots and grab Trouba.

Can't see MTL taking Murray, but I can see him maybe getting drafted by the Jackets. I could possibly see a team wanting to jump the Leafs to get their pick of Forsberg/Galchenyuk if Murray is picked by CBJ and Grigorenko goes to MTL. If that's the case and the Isles want Trouba, I'd be cool with a trade down of 2 or 3 spots to grab him and an extra pick or two.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:48 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
No way Toronto passes on galchenyuk
How can people say this with 100% certainty? You pick BPA in the top 5, not based on position. If Toronto feels that another player's health and overall skill is close enough to Gally in terms of talent and upside it's perfectly reasonable to believe they'll pick the former.

I don't think in his entire time as GM Burke ever picked a player who missed an entire season of play prior to his draft.

Old
04-24-2012, 02:01 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

If burke passes on galchenyuck u may see riots.... And I'm a huge burke fan

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 02:04 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
How can people say this with 100% certainty? You pick BPA in the top 5, not based on position. If Toronto feels that another player's health and overall skill is close enough to Gally in terms of talent and upside it's perfectly reasonable to believe they'll pick the former.

I don't think in his entire time as GM Burke ever picked a player who missed an entire season of play prior to his draft.
Ur not getting gally, lol. Also when was the conseus #2 player been out for an entire season and a need for a top #1 center with size and skill (gally) and burke had the chance to select him? Never so....all different circumstances anyway anaheim is not getting any forward unless they reach at faksa or murray/dumba aren't picked top 5

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:07 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
Ur not getting gally, lol. Also when was the conseus #2 player been out for an entire season and a need for a top #1 center with size and skill (gally) and burke had the chance to select him? Never so....all different circumstances anyway anaheim is not getting any forward unless they reach at faksa or murray/dumba aren't picked top 5
Well. I mean go to my history. Any time I mention Gally potentially falling I make sure to include that for all I know the injury will scare Murray off. Im just saying. We see these guys that are locks for certain team's fall every year. Every year people lose their **** when it happens. I'm not even surprised anymore and I wouldn't be shocked to see Gally fall. Or Grigorenko. Or Dumba. Or Forsberg. There's a reason why any one of those guys could fall.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:48 AM
sharks9

Oh God, I really hope Montreal doesn't take Murray! If Columbus takes Grigorenko I'd rather we take Forsberg at #3, we're really weak on LW and Forsberg would be perfect to have on the 2nd line and then put Bourque on the 3rd line.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Sundinisagod
Weed

I can't see Clb taking Grigorenko...

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Sundinisagod
Weed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
If burke passes on galchenyuck u may see riots.... And I'm a huge burke fan
Really?...isn't Forsberg ranked higher on virtually every list? All year long too...

I can't see the Leafs choosing the injured Galchenyuk over the safe pick in Forsberg...can't see them having the luxury to choose between them at 5th either.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:01 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Really?...isn't Forsberg ranked higher on virtually every list? All year long too...

I can't see the Leafs choosing the injured Galchenyuk over the safe pick in Forsberg...can't see them having the luxury to choose between them at 5th either.
I mean I wanted the Jets to take Couturier. I didn't flip a car and throw rocks at store windows when it didn't happen.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:39 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
I mean I wanted the Jets to take Couturier. I didn't flip a car and throw rocks at store windows when it didn't happen.
DuckJet, I see you posting in a lot of Mock and Prospect threads, you seem like you have a good handle on the top prospects this year. That said, as an Isles fan I'm praying that somehow Murray drops to #4 and we take him. If that doesn't happen I'd be fine with taking one of Galchenyuk or Forsberg, but I think taking Murray will help turn the Isles into a winning team faster than either of those two forwards.

Basically I want to know what you think the chances are of Murray being there at the 4th pick(barring any trades)? Personally I don't see CBJ taking Murray over one of Forsberg, Galchenyuk or even Grigorenko, but maybe I'm thinking that only because I badly want to see Murray there at #4.

Do you think a lot will depend on what the return for Nash is? OT I know, but I appreciate the input.

Old
04-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Habsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
DuckJet, I see you posting in a lot of Mock and Prospect threads, you seem like you have a good handle on the top prospects this year. That said, as an Isles fan I'm praying that somehow Murray drops to #4 and we take him. If that doesn't happen I'd be fine with taking one of Galchenyuk or Forsberg, but I think taking Murray will help turn the Isles into a winning team faster than either of those two forwards.

Basically I want to know what you think the chances are of Murray being there at the 4th pick(barring any trades)? Personally I don't see CBJ taking Murray over one of Forsberg, Galchenyuk or even Grigorenko, but maybe I'm thinking that only because I badly want to see Murray there at #4.

Do you think a lot will depend on what the return for Nash is? OT I know, but I appreciate the input.

I think that if the draft does go:
1-EDM-Yakupov
2-CLB-Grigorenko

Montreal may trade down to #4 to the Islanders so they can get one of Forsberg or Galchenyuk and the Islanders could draft Murray at #3. What do you think it would cost the Islanders to swap picks?

Habsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:15 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrule View Post
I think that if the draft does go:
1-EDM-Yakupov
2-CLB-Grigorenko

Montreal may trade down to #4 to the Islanders so they can get one of Forsberg or Galchenyuk and the Islanders could draft Murray at #3. What do you think it would cost the Islanders to swap picks?
A couple things i notice with this. I have doubts that Columbus will take the risk on Grigorenko with him being Russan and potential character issues. Next is that I doubt you take Murray. So If you dont we can still get Murray witout giving up any assets to you. Even if you did take Murray I'm sure Snow would gladly take whoever is left between Forsberg & Galchenyuk.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:44 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:

Well...the thing is the Jackets need the biggest guarantee available and the most NHL ready player. In my mind they might see it like this

Murray: NHL ready, safe bet for top 4 potential number 1 dman, born leader
Grigorenko: Russian factor, laziness
Galchenyuk: season long injury development could be stunted, at least 1 year needed
Forsberg: 2 years needed at least if not 3 or 4. Ranking is based completely based on upside ATM

That said, Howson is a moron. Murray is the smartest pick for a team in desperate need of change. It's possible that he does what you said, though I believe Grigorenko is out of the question.

I could give you a retarded answer like NYI has a 1/3 chance of Murray being available, but it depends on Howson. If he's smart, which according to history, he's not, then Murray won't be available. But if CBJ takes a forward, theres a good chance Murray will be available to the Isles.

Old
04-25-2012, 06:16 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Well...the thing is the Jackets need the biggest guarantee available and the most NHL ready player. In my mind they might see it like this

Galchenyuk: season long injury development could be stunted, at least 1 year needed
Forsberg: 2 years needed at least if not 3 or 4. Ranking is based completely based on upside ATM

That said, Howson is a moron. Murray is the smartest pick for a team in desperate need of change. It's possible that he does what you said, though I believe Grigorenko is out of the question.

I could give you a retarded answer like NYI has a 1/3 chance of Murray being available, but it depends on Howson. If he's smart, which according to history, he's not, then Murray won't be available. But if CBJ takes a forward, theres a good chance Murray will be available to the Isles.
Thanks. That's pretty much the feeling I'm getting. I think their defense is pretty solid overall, so taking a forward would probably address a greater need, that said I just don't know if they would be high enough on the 3 guys you mentioned to take them over Murray.

Oh well, I only have another 2 months to obsess over this...

Old
04-25-2012, 08:31 PM
HabsFanFromOntario

Didn't Garth Snow go on record saying he won't pick a defenseman in the first round ESPECIALLY top-10/top-5 picks

HabsFanFromOntario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:56 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFanFromOntario View Post
Didn't Garth Snow go on record saying he won't pick a defenseman in the first round ESPECIALLY top-10/top-5 picks
I don't recall him ever doing that, but I could be wrong. Do you know if this was recent?

Either way, I doubt it's true. I can't see him making an absolute statement like that, even if it is how he feels.

Old
04-25-2012, 09:05 PM
HabsFanFromOntario

Quote:
I don't recall him ever doing that, but I could be wrong. Do you know if this was recent?

Either way, I doubt it's true. I can't see him making an absolute statement like that, even if it is how he feels.
I recall it was awhile ago not recently, but he said it's easier to find d-men in the 2nd and that it's hard to project their development and stuff anyways so he'd never take a d-man top-5.

HabsFanFromOntario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Sundinisagod
Weed

Quote:

What makes you say that their pick needs to be nhl ready?

I don't think Murray is going to step in next year and make a big impact...as defensemen are less likely to have splashy debuts.