HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

**Official** NHL 13 EASHL Teams Thread: V4.0. (Now Recruiting)

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2012, 03:25 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
Hmmm...

Backout penalties sound interesting.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
07-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Hmmm...

Backout penalties sound interesting.
It's a little stupid if you're not playing 6's and you run into known glitchers though..

Old
07-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

GM Connected is going to be fun, if EA figures out a decent interface. That's asking for a lot though.

Old
07-20-2012, 03:49 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
It's a little stupid if you're not playing 6's and you run into known glitchers though..
Or worse, what if the other team is wearing fat jerseys? Oh, the humanity.

Whatever, though. Just gotta learn to stop the glitches. I'll put up with glitchers if it means getting to actually play some games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
GM Connected is going to be fun, if EA figures out a decent interface. That's asking for a lot though.
EA doesn't even know what a decent interface is.

Old
07-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller

Why do they keep on stressing the backwards skating? I do that all the time..

Old
07-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Dagistitsyn

So I've been playing the NHL games for a couple years now. Only online in verses and never bothered to look into this.. I just tried it out for the first time in some drop in games and Im wondering.. Am I wasting my time? I like using LW and Im a pass first player.. but the teams I've been put with are terrible. No one else passes, or plays D and the goalies never make a save.. Is it just luck of the draw or do you basically have to be with a club to have any fun with this?

Old
07-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
So I've been playing the NHL games for a couple years now. Only online in verses and never bothered to look into this.. I just tried it out for the first time in some drop in games and Im wondering.. Am I wasting my time? I like using LW and Im a pass first player.. but the teams I've been put with are terrible. No one else passes, or plays D and the goalies never make a save.. Is it just luck of the draw or do you basically have to be with a club to have any fun with this?
I have about 300 club games played but over 2000 drop-in games played as well and I can share a few insights.

A) Drop-in is essentially there for trying out tweaks in your build , levelling up in the early stages of the game or playing a game when friends aren't online. Expect the talent to be mediocre at best with a couple "talented" sniper/cherry-picker/hogger type of players that get excited by the notion of dominating newbies. Sometimes if you play later at night you'll end up with better calibre players as most North Americans that play at night tend to be more into the game then casual gamers (it's a trend I've noticed). It can be fun sometimes but it can also be the worst blend of terrible hockey sense and just lack of any ability to produce something meaningful or that isn't just some sad "troll" attempt (i.e : Goalies letting terrible goals and leaving once it's too late to do anything or the classic childish reaction to not getting your preferred position the player goes and tries to score on his own goalie or ends up trying to play your position , removing all joy from the game).

B) Club games can be quite fun and depending on the skill level , can also be very competitive and realistic. If you reach a certain elite level you will come up to teams
that play a "system" , the strategies vary from cherry-picking to abusing the glitches
in the game (Youtube videos that show players which scenarios will always render a goal (this is technically cheating but I have yet to hear of someone being punished
for glitching)).
When joining a club make sure to check out stats online by visiting EA Sports World website to see if they have decent players and how
active they are (this is very important). The season restarts at the start of every month and the playoffs happen during the last 4 days of every month the winner
gets bragging rights and a on ice writing and banner lifting ceremony for the following season.

Calibre break down :
Amateur division has a mix of players with no experience to max 1ppg..
Pro Division will have teams that are good but inactive or players that are
borderline good 1-2ppg.
Elite Division will have people that are either really talented/play too much/use the above techniques to reach their statistical goals. It can vary from 2 ppg all the way
to 5-5.5ppg at the top of the ladder.

I should also mention that there are different type of player types you can pick and each can be customized/tweaked in order to match the way you play.
Plenty of people will emphasize different attributes they find important but this IMO varies by experience and what feels right for you.
I can tell you right now that usually most forwards prefer to use the 2 way forward or Playmaker build.
I've also heard of certain top level players using the grinder and yielding very nice results (3-4ppg) (I have yet to try this 99 strength 99 speed = win?).

Hope this helps as I have also just recently go into this orginally played only be a GM (or versus) for the last few years and just got into EASHL in late 2011.
Pm me if you have any questions , I'll do my best to fill you in.

Last edited by Avim86: 07-21-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old
07-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post

They aren't stressing the backwards skating they are stressing the ability to stop and instantly cross with a 45 degree angle an ability that you can maybe try to mimic but that is no where near as fluid as what they are showing.

Old
07-22-2012, 01:11 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
They aren't stressing the backwards skating they are stressing the ability to stop and instantly cross with a 45 degree angle an ability that you can maybe try to mimic but that is no where near as fluid as what they are showing.
They keep repeating the ability to skate backwards at anytime

Old
07-22-2012, 03:12 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:

I get a feeling that it will be really hard to score on cpu goalies this year

Old
07-22-2012, 03:40 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YEMELIN74 View Post
I get a feeling that it will be really hard to score on cpu goalies this year
Wouldn't be surprised if kane goal at the end is a glitch goal.

Old
07-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

1. Watsatheo
2. DoingItLeBlancWay
3. Strych
4. LL
5. Fel

Room for one more if interested. We might actually finish a league for the first time...

Old
07-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if kane goal at the end is a glitch goal.
If you have a high wirst shot that goes in almost everytime on nhl 12 with the A spin to turn sideways coming in

Old
07-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
I have about 300 club games played but over 2000 drop-in games played as well and I can share a few insights.

A) Drop-in is essentially there for trying out tweaks in your build , levelling up in the early stages of the game or playing a game when friends aren't online. Expect the talent to be mediocre at best with a couple "talented" sniper/cherry-picker/hogger type of players that get excited by the notion of dominating newbies. Sometimes if you play later at night you'll end up with better calibre players as most North Americans that play at night tend to be more into the game then casual gamers (it's a trend I've noticed). It can be fun sometimes but it can also be the worst blend of terrible hockey sense and just lack of any ability to produce something meaningful or that isn't just some sad "troll" attempt (i.e : Goalies letting terrible goals and leaving once it's too late to do anything or the classic childish reaction to not getting your preferred position the player goes and tries to score on his own goalie or ends up trying to play your position , removing all joy from the game).

B) Club games can be quite fun and depending on the skill level , can also be very competitive and realistic. If you reach a certain elite level you will come up to teams
that play a "system" , the strategies vary from cherry-picking to abusing the glitches
in the game (Youtube videos that show players which scenarios will always render a goal (this is technically cheating but I have yet to hear of someone being punished
for glitching)).
When joining a club make sure to check out stats online by visiting EA Sports World website to see if they have decent players and how
active they are (this is very important). The season restarts at the start of every month and the playoffs happen during the last 4 days of every month the winner
gets bragging rights and a on ice writing and banner lifting ceremony for the following season.

Calibre break down :
Amateur division has a mix of players with no experience to max 1ppg..
Pro Division will have teams that are good but inactive or players that are
borderline good 1-2ppg.
Elite Division will have people that are either really talented/play too much/use the above techniques to reach their statistical goals. It can vary from 2 ppg all the way
to 5-5.5ppg at the top of the ladder.

I should also mention that there are different type of player types you can pick and each can be customized/tweaked in order to match the way you play.
Plenty of people will emphasize different attributes they find important but this IMO varies by experience and what feels right for you.
I can tell you right now that usually most forwards prefer to use the 2 way forward or Playmaker build.
I've also heard of certain top level players using the grinder and yielding very nice results (3-4ppg) (I have yet to try this 99 strength 99 speed = win?).

Hope this helps as I have also just recently go into this orginally played only be a GM (or versus) for the last few years and just got into EASHL in late 2011.
Pm me if you have any questions , I'll do my best to fill you in.
Thanks for the info! Appreciate it. I think I'm hooked on this now.

Old
07-22-2012, 06:19 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
If you have a high wirst shot that goes in almost everytime on nhl 12 with the A spin to turn sideways coming in
What is the A represent? I'm on PS3, so just tell me what A is in terms of NHL and I'll know.

Old
07-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Quote:
What is the A represent? I'm on PS3, so just tell me what A is in terms of NHL and I'll know.
x i think so puck control

Old
07-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
X-Puck protection ... its known as the A spin on xbox it was a nhl 10 glitch to get by defenders .. you can use it in here as a deke

Old
07-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Bud2790

Looks like d-men are in for a tough time..

Old
07-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Quote:
Looks like d-men are in for a tough time..
nah just don't go for hits and put more speed in your build

Old
07-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
nah just don't go for hits and put more speed in your build
I very rarely go for hits, but I can just see the forwards skating backwards and me not being able to anything about it. I probably won't be able to hit them to knock them off the puck and won't be able to poke them either.

I'll wait and see, but it doesn't look too good for d-men lol! We'll all get rammered and coned haha!

Old
07-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone playing tonight? I have free'd up my schedule.

Old
07-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Anyone playing tonight? I have free'd up my schedule.
i'm down

Old
07-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
i'm down
See you on the other side, Neo.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
See you on the other side, Neo.
I'm down need Wats to accept join request :-p.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

You have to tell me that you sent one...I don't check these things.

Also Strych...why you no play league?

Closed Thread