HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**Official** NHL 13 EASHL Teams Thread: V4.0. (Now Recruiting)

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2012, 12:13 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
It really should limit the cheese, and frankly that's the best thing EA could do with this franchise.
Pretty much. The top players shouldn't be 5ppg IMO. That just means the game is predictable. I hope this style will allow you to score based on other team's mistakes rather than being able to score because there's a go to move. I don't expect perfection but making it harder to enter the zone, improved AI and goalies will only help.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:16 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Should we make a separate thread for GM Connected? Seems like it'll be a big thing (and a new thread would attract players/HF members that don't necessarily come into the EASHL thread)?

What do you think overlords?
I was thinking we should, I would not be opposed to doing it in the Fantasy Talk subforum though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Beckham View Post
Give me Colorado
How often do you play? So far every guy who entered I've played with and know how active they are and aren't. I'd need to know how often you actually play NHL because we don't want dead weight into the season.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:29 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Should we make a separate thread for GM Connected? Seems like it'll be a big thing (and a new thread would attract players/HF members that don't necessarily come into the EASHL thread)?

What do you think overlords?
Yeah, I was going to ask that you move the discussion to the Fantasy Talk board once you were done picking teams, if that's alright with you. We can even keep a link to your thread in this thread's OP.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Pretty much. The top players shouldn't be 5ppg IMO. That just means the game is predictable. I hope this style will allow you to score based on other team's mistakes rather than being able to score because there's a go to move. I don't expect perfection but making it harder to enter the zone, improved AI and goalies will only help.
I'm a big fan of cycling the puck, tip ins from shots at the point, dump-ins, efficient fore-checking, back-checking and all other things that are usually included in real hockey.

If they are really gearing it up to be 'realistic', I'm all for it. Although they constantly say that, and there is constant cheese in EASHL.

Hopefully this time they create a balanced game with very little 'fromage'.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yeah, I was going to ask that you move the discussion to the Fantasy Talk board once you were done picking teams, if that's alright with you. We can even keep a link to your thread in this thread's OP.
Sounds good. So LL, we give the EASHL ppl another few days to pick their teams before heading to the Fantasy forum?

Old
08-11-2012, 01:07 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I'm a big fan of cycling the puck, tip ins from shots at the point, dump-ins, efficient fore-checking, back-checking and all other things that are usually included in real hockey.

If they are really gearing it up to be 'realistic', I'm all for it. Although they constantly say that, and there is constant cheese in EASHL.

Hopefully this time they create a balanced game with very little 'fromage'.
Well, the demo always seems different and by the end of the year its always same type of arcade feel to it. Goal after goal. They try to appease the noobs too much.

Quote:
Sounds good. So LL, we give the EASHL ppl another few days to pick their teams before heading to the Fantasy forum?
We have plenty of time. We'll see if we get new acquisitions soon but after that, we'll move it. If you(or anyone else) knows anyone who is an active(I cannot stress this enough) HF habs poster, feel free to invite them. There is quite a few people who don't take part in eashl and do play.

The updated list is as follows:

Lyricallyricist - Kings
Jack Bourdain- Flyers
Doingitleblancway - Sharks
Crimson Skorpion - Habs
Watsatheo - Red Wings

Habitants(waiting on your team)
Gally94(waiting on your team)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'll take the Red Wings. Is it a one year thing or dynasty with draft picks and prospects?
I'm under the impression it's be a GM online. Not sure how everyone else feels but if here's a fantasy draft option, we could always explore that idea.

Old
08-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From my POV:

No fantasy. I'd like it to be an online SIM of real teams. Start off with your team and try to make deals with other GM's and win the Stanley Cup.

Fantasy wouldn't work IMO because it's impossible to get 30 people to draft a full roster, and also prospects (because I think GM Connected also has AHL/players in Junior leagues). I don't even think they'll give the option of having a fantasy draft because it would be so complicated to setup...

We could have shortened seasons. Ideally I was thinking 1 season = 3 weeks, and playoffs = 1 week, so we'd have a championship every month?

29 game season, and single game elimination playoffs if we can. Obviously it would be near impossible to get 30 ppl playing each other, so set up your teams and let the AI sim games whenever you can't make it.

Old
08-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

I meant lets pick 30 GMs, and then when we have all 30 people, randomly, each GM chose his team ("Pick your team" Draft)...but wtv, I'll take the Canes.

Old
08-11-2012, 01:58 PM
uocooco

Quote:
I was thinking we should, I would not be opposed to doing it in the Fantasy Talk subforum though.

How often do you play? So far every guy who entered I've played with and know how active they are and aren't. I'd need to know how often you actually play NHL because we don't want dead weight into the season.
I play often. I want to play all 82 games, no sim.

Old
08-11-2012, 02:24 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
I meant lets pick 30 GMs, and then when we have all 30 people, randomly, each GM chose his team ("Pick your team" Draft)...but wtv, I'll take the Canes.
I figured but not sure how to justify randomness. I went based on how they were doing it on fantasy board thread. Should people want I will do a random order draft. I just fear those who get ****** teams will be discouraged and quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Beckham View Post
I play often. I want to play all 82 games, no sim.
Great, then you're in.

Quote:
From my POV:

No fantasy. I'd like it to be an online SIM of real teams. Start off with your team and try to make deals with other GM's and win the Stanley Cup.

Fantasy wouldn't work IMO because it's impossible to get 30 people to draft a full roster, and also prospects (because I think GM Connected also has AHL/players in Junior leagues). I don't even think they'll give the option of having a fantasy draft because it would be so complicated to setup...

We could have shortened seasons. Ideally I was thinking 1 season = 3 weeks, and playoffs = 1 week, so we'd have a championship every month?

29 game season, and single game elimination playoffs if we can. Obviously it would be near impossible to get 30 ppl playing each other, so set up your teams and let the AI sim games whenever you can't make it.
I would not be opposed to making a seperate league that's pure sim. Sort of like EHM.

I'm not sure how seasons work but a championship every month wouldn't be so bad, the only thing is we'd have to make deadlines for GP.

Btw, I'm not opposed to suggestions. I want the league to be fun for everyone. Hell, i'd even go as far as having to get approval by X amount of members for trades. This way if someone goes nuts and tries to help out a 'friend' he can't sell out his stars for peanuts without people agreeing in principle to the trade before its done. That's a little much and problematic though, just saying, if people want it, i'd be for it.

Anyway, how about the current members help me set up rules, details, deadlines and so on and then I'll make a thread on main fantasy board with the information. You can PM me ideas well.

Fortunately for us, eashl is pretty much dead but out of respect to the xbox team, i'd rather solve this quickly and then transfer over.

Old
08-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well for the rule(s) we should wait and see what EA actually lets us do

Old
08-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Same for schedule. We have to know if we can actually set dates/times or if EA sets them by default.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
08-11-2012, 05:28 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Same for schedule. We have to know if we can actually set dates/times or if EA sets them by default.
Not what I meant. I meant suppose someone doesnt play by a certain time, we sim his games if we can. I've seen in league that a GM can sim playoffs.

Old
08-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Why 30 GMs...let's start with 15 or even lower to test things out. Just the Habs board (we can invite the couple from the 'sardines' team). I highly doubt we can realistically get anything close to a 30 team league working. We can't even finish a 5 team league that has only 2 games between each team.

BTW I'm online if anyone wants to play EASHL.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 08-11-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old
08-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12 would be a good start. 2 conferences of 6 teams.

Old
08-11-2012, 06:03 PM
LyricalLyricist

Are the remaining teams AI or just plain not in the game?

Also, I'm going on eashl too.

Btw, was playing OTP today, this happened:

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 08-11-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old
08-11-2012, 06:08 PM
uocooco

There's 30 teams, 2 conference (east/west) and 82 games, I don't think you can change that (in the settings). If we're 15 teams, there will be 15 cpu.

For the schedule you have the option from 3 days to 2 weeks.

Let's say we choose 2 weeks; If I have the habs, from october 11th to october 25th, I have 7 games (ottawa, toronto, bruins x 2, capitals, wild, flyers).

So at the beginning of the season, I could play against any of those 6 players. When we all finish our games for that 2 week period, we go on to the next 2 week period and so on for the rest of the season.

That's what I got from watching the videos from ea, am I understanding it properly?

Last edited by uocooco: 08-11-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old
08-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Part of me thinks we're overestimating how in depth this will be. I just can't see them pulling it off. If they do, this would help us get our hockey fix no doubt.

Old
08-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think we can do 30 human managers. A quick look inside the Fantasy forum shows people are looking for a league. I don't see why people can't manage more than 1 league too. This should be fun.

From that video, I see that you can set a season to last 3 days to 2 weeks. I don't think that means you play the games that the normal team would play... it just means you have that many days to complete the season/play as many games as you can, while the rest will be simmed... or that's my understanding?

Old
08-11-2012, 07:00 PM
uocooco

Quote:
I think we can do 30 human managers. A quick look inside the Fantasy forum shows people are looking for a league. I don't see why people can't manage more than 1 league too. This should be fun.

From that video, I see that you can set a season to last 3 days to 2 weeks. I don't think that means you play the games that the normal team would play... it just means you have that many days to complete the season/play as many games as you can, while the rest will be simmed... or that's my understanding?
That's what I thought in the beginning but it's impossible. 82 games in 2 weeks?

The ''season'' is divided by ''schedules'' of 3 days to 2 weeks. (watch 0:48)

Then the guy says ''league members can play any games within that time period''.
In the video, the guy has the coyotes, the ''nhl schedule time'' is set to 2 weeks.
The period we can see in the video is january 12 to january 25, and there's 6 games available to play that you can play whenever you want. (watch 0:54)
If you go see the real nhl schedule for the next season, the coyotes indeed play 6 games during that time against the same 6 teams you can see in the video (http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm).

When the coyotes finish their 6 games and the other teams finish their x amount of games, then the league moves on to the next ''schedule'', which is from january 25th to february 8th.

If a ''schedule'' takes too much time to complete, the commissionner has the option to sim games and advance to the next ''schedule''.

Last edited by uocooco: 08-11-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old
08-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I hope they add this endurance quitting contest feature in NHL 13 too.

Old
08-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Avim86

Quote:

The updated list is as follows:

Lyricallyricist - Kings
Jack Bourdain- Flyers
Doingitleblancway - Sharks
Crimson Skorpion - Habs
Watsatheo - Red Wings

Habitants(waiting on your team)
Gally94(waiting on your team)

I'm under the impression it's be a GM online. Not sure how everyone else feels but if here's a fantasy draft option, we could always explore that idea.
I would like Chicago please.

Old
08-12-2012, 12:31 PM
LyricalLyricist

Lyricallyricist - Kings
Jack Bourdain- Flyers
Doingitleblancway - Islanders
Crimson Skorpion - Habs
Watsatheo - Red Wings
David Beckham - Avalanche
Gally94 - Hurricanes
Avim86 - Blackhawks
Pine - Rangers
Habitants - Oilers
One Trick Poney - Wild

Let me know if I missed anyone.

Btw...gally94 brought up a good point, should we do a random order picking for teams? I like my place with the kings but I'm willing to make an order and you pick whichever team you like best out of the remaining. Maybe it will keep things unpredictable.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 08-13-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old
08-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
I don't mind picking randomly either.

Old
08-12-2012, 12:38 PM
pine

90% sure i'm getting NHL13. Sign me up.