HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

**Official** NHL 13 EASHL Teams Thread: V4.0. (Now Recruiting)

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2012, 07:28 PM
YEMELIN74

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I feel like an idiot for not knowing what Click is. You guys have 6v6 experience or EASHL stats you can post?
You should also ask them if they want to join the xbox team or the ****station team

Old
05-20-2012, 07:29 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
i should be avaiable for a few games tonight after 10pm

Old
05-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Satan
why did she go

vCash: 50
We play xbox

Old
05-20-2012, 07:54 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEMELIN74 View Post
You should also ask them if they want to join the xbox team or the ****station team
We accepted 'minors', c'mon bro, we have feelings.

Old
05-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
We accepted 'minors', c'mon bro, we have feelings.
It's where we develop the talent bro

Old
05-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Jack, I have a 90 overall defensive defenseman with a rocket of a slap-shot, hits like a tank and good defensive awareness/stick lift/poke check. If you're interested. And that's with a Legend 2 card, you'd probably get to a 92 overall.

Old
05-20-2012, 09:33 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Jack, I have a 90 overall defensive defenseman with a rocket of a slap-shot, hits like a tank and good defensive awareness/stick lift/poke check. If you're interested. And that's with a Legend 2 card, you'd probably get to a 92 overall.
I really can't stand DFD. The skating is awful, and you have to pour way too much EXP into athletics to make it worth it. I think Jrock has a good TWD build, but I usually prefer OFD when I play D.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
05-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
I really can't stand DFD. The skating is awful, and you have to pour way too much EXP into athletics to make it worth it. I think Jrock has a good TWD build, but I usually prefer OFD when I play D.
Skating isn't a problem for me. Just have to keep aware of your positioning and make sure nobody gets behind you before they cross the blue-line. Plus, with the stick-lift and poke-check being cranked up to the near max, it's simple enough to take away any chance of opposition going to the middle.

Old
05-20-2012, 10:08 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I also use OFD. I don't see a reason to use DFD but you gotta fit your style so if you play stay at home it makes sense.

Old
05-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Everybody off for the night? Was looking to play a few since there is no school/work tomorrow.

Old
05-20-2012, 10:29 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Skating isn't a problem for me. Just have to keep aware of your positioning and make sure nobody gets behind you before they cross the blue-line. Plus, with the stick-lift and poke-check being cranked up to the near max, it's simple enough to take away any chance of opposition going to the middle.
Yeah, as a D I tend to play more offensive, so if someone sneaks behind me as a DFD, I'm toast. The turning is just so awkward and clunky.

Old
05-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Everybody off for the night? Was looking to play a few since there is no school/work tomorrow.
I'll be on in a bit.

Old
05-20-2012, 10:44 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Yeah, as a D I tend to play more offensive, so if someone sneaks behind me as a DFD, I'm toast. The turning is just so awkward and clunky.
The best build is still two-way fwd IMO. I used to use twf for D as well but now you can't

Old
05-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

We playing again? Everyone rage quit when I let that goal in OT.

Old
05-20-2012, 10:59 PM
Mr Rogers

Yeah i used to swear by OFD until I really found out the TWD build. With the right boosts (mostly offensive and athletics), it basically has no weakness.

The thing is, it can skate with the fastest wingers out there just like the OFD but it really has an edge over the OFD in terms of strength (board-play,tie-ups, hits and overall balance) and it is MILES ahead of the DFD in terms of skating. And good positioning can only get you so far against the best forwards in the game.

Old
05-21-2012, 01:46 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Gary Oak View Post
That was supposed to be C haha, dumb tablet. No 6v6 experience but we're a solid 2/3 team almost in Elite but there's only 3 of us on the team so it's tough to continue to ladder.

Stats I can't post as I'm on a train right now but I'm a legend 2 and he's a legend 1, my gametag is Captain Mudkip and his is Count Jesus, our team is WeLikeItTight. Ill post stats in 2/3 hours unless you can check them in the meantime.
We're really mostly looking for a high-output offensive RW with 6's or at least 5's experience, and we only really add members one at a time so they integrate better to the team. Playing full teams (5's or 6's) is a completely different ball-game than 2-3's. If you ever choose to start playing 6's with your team, maybe we'll match up against each other one day!

Old
05-21-2012, 01:58 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
We playing again? Everyone rage quit when I let that goal in OT.
Wasn't happy with how I played. You killed it.

Old
05-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Back from the cottage (and sun burned to ****!)

I'm up for some games tonight.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:52 AM
The Nightman

More NHL 13 info: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nh...ut-nhl-13.aspx

Old
05-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
19. Much to the dismay of some fans, both Gary Thorne and Bill Clement return to the broadcasting booth. EA recorded commentary for the new features like True Performance Skating and some league information that will keep their comments up to date.

Ruined my day.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We need to sign this Paul Kennedy guy.

Old
05-21-2012, 01:03 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
Thanks again!

It's good news but a lot of it leaves me meh.

Does this mean Be a GM is still a joke?

I mean, it's all fun that you 'improved' details in how the game looks but why not develop it 1080p? I realize it's not necessarily needed, but since a lot of people play on overhead, I doubt little details matter to begin with. The big difference will matter when it's 1080p IMO.

Yay, more ****** commentators. Honestly, I don't care who else they put. They can put Jack Bourdain as the play by play and I'll be happy there's a change. No really, i'd like if they got a new voice. It's recycled audio and it wasn't good the first time.

I won't pretend it's all bad, there is some improvements but they will either be tuned out or exploited within the first 2 months anyway. I'd rather have more concrete changes in how Be a GM is played. I wish Be a GM had more interactive gameplay, fan attendence, media, anything. Just something you can do to effect more than the on-ice product. Team image is nice too. I mean, first off, add NTC clauses and if they do, and your team has a poor 'image' the player will refuse, but if you're a contender and you have a good attendance and media relation then he'd be into it. There's zero form of legacy in Be a GM. They like to say there is by saying you get a "legend status", so what? Means nada. The style of game you play(high scoring, physical, puck possesion, etc..) should be left with your legacy. If you play a game where you score a lot but win 7-6 a 'defense first' player might not be interested in joining you July 1st. Offensive guys *cough* Semin *cough* would want to. If you're physical, the Lucic's, Browns, Clutterbucks and so on will be interested. I'd like if draft picks progression was monitored and they showed their stats from the juniors. I'd also like if a draft pick may refuse to join your team(rare) if he feels you're wayyy too heavy in young talent and he won't have a shot. Etc...

Basically, I'm looking at you overlords.

Old
05-21-2012, 01:31 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Thanks again!

It's good news but a lot of it leaves me meh.

Does this mean Be a GM is still a joke?

I mean, it's all fun that you 'improved' details in how the game looks but why not develop it 1080p? I realize it's not necessarily needed, but since a lot of people play on overhead, I doubt little details matter to begin with. The big difference will matter when it's 1080p IMO.

Yay, more ****** commentators. Honestly, I don't care who else they put. They can put Jack Bourdain as the play by play and I'll be happy there's a change. No really, i'd like if they got a new voice. It's recycled audio and it wasn't good the first time.

I won't pretend it's all bad, there is some improvements but they will either be tuned out or exploited within the first 2 months anyway. I'd rather have more concrete changes in how Be a GM is played. I wish Be a GM had more interactive gameplay, fan attendence, media, anything. Just something you can do to effect more than the on-ice product. Team image is nice too. I mean, first off, add NTC clauses and if they do, and your team has a poor 'image' the player will refuse, but if you're a contender and you have a good attendance and media relation then he'd be into it. There's zero form of legacy in Be a GM. They like to say there is by saying you get a "legend status", so what? Means nada. The style of game you play(high scoring, physical, puck possesion, etc..) should be left with your legacy. If you play a game where you score a lot but win 7-6 a 'defense first' player might not be interested in joining you July 1st. Offensive guys *cough* Semin *cough* would want to. If you're physical, the Lucic's, Browns, Clutterbucks and so on will be interested. I'd like if draft picks progression was monitored and they showed their stats from the juniors. I'd also like if a draft pick may refuse to join your team(rare) if he feels you're wayyy too heavy in young talent and he won't have a shot. Etc...

Basically, I'm looking at you overlords.
Give me a few years and I'll get back to you

Old
05-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Jack would be beast as a play-by-play guy.

"He shoots and SCORES! Oh baby! You make me wanna creeeeeeeeeam."

Old
05-21-2012, 01:51 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Jack would be beast as a play-by-play guy.

"He shoots and SCORES! Oh baby! You make me wanna creeeeeeeeeam."
With Hannibal as color commentator?

Closed Thread