HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Stan Bowman

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
MTL, TB, CGY, WPG, FLA just out of my mind

Old
04-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Not trying to troll you Bubba, but you mean "off the top of my head". I never realized how similar those two phrases were until now. "Out of my mind" means it's making you crazy. "Off the top of my head" means you didn't have to do a lot of thinking about it. (Sorry, I took a linguistics course this semester. I've been paying much closer attention to stuff like this lately.)

Anyways, MTL and CGY have no use for Crawford. Florida and Winnipeg maybe, but they both have younger, better goalies waiting in the wings. TB could probably find a better goalie than CC without much work as well.

Worst comes to worst, one of Crawford or Emery can be buried in the minors. Neither of their salaries are too large for that.

We should absolutely be looking for a better starting goalie. I've had it with Crawford.

Old
04-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 406
Quote:
MTL has Price as #1 and no need for 2.66M backup

Panthers have Markstrom for future and Crawford wasn't a fav of Tallon (He signed Niemi to be Hawks goalie of future)

WPG has a much better goalie as there #1 (Pavelec) and will not waste 2.66M on a backup

TB could do better (Much better)

Calgary still thinks there a cup contender for some reason ,, So Kipper willl be staying

Old
04-24-2012, 05:53 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Is this a troll thread? I swear half of the people on HF are delusional or on hallucinogens...

Old
04-24-2012, 06:10 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Was this thread made 4thelulz?

Old
04-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Pepe Silvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
If you would've asked me on June 10, 2010 when I thought the Hawks would be legitimate contenders again, I would've said the 2012-2013 season.

As such, I will wait until after that to pass judgement.
agreed. the hawks could be a lot worse off than two first round exits.

if things don't change next season, then i'll start questioning bowman and quenneville

Old
04-24-2012, 06:28 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

This team was a competent PP and PK from being the 4th seed in the West this year.

Old
04-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Waldo

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
MTL has Price as #1 and no need for 2.66M backup

Panthers have Markstrom for future and Crawford wasn't a fav of Tallon (He signed Niemi to be Hawks goalie of future)

WPG has a much better goalie as there #1 (Pavelec) and will not waste 2.66M on a backup

TB could do better (Much better)

Calgary still thinks there a cup contender for some reason ,, So Kipper willl be staying
I'm not here to flame, but the Jets have Pavelic and he is our mvp. He's young and still will improve, but the Jets and our fans aren't worried about goaltending. That's the least of our problems.

Old
04-24-2012, 08:26 PM
zac

He's made some personnel mistakes as well as made some great moves, but I think his biggest blunder is his reluctance to keep his coaching staff accountable for inexcusable mistakes. Q's roster moves, the horrendous special teams, ridiculous personnel/line decisions...I'm not generally one for a GM to meddle in the team's affairs but these were longstanding issues that were going a long way in crippling this team. If you don't have the stones/intelligence to force your head coach to can (at least one) his assistance and alter the tactics on the special teams then you really shouldn't be a GM. To let this stuff go on the ENTIRE year is simply galling.

If he does what needs to be done and fires the entire coaching staff I'm willing to give him another year to show this team is heading in the right direction. But if he retains these idiots AND gives us his vote of confidence then Rocky needs to (but probably won't) get him out of here. Few decisions could be as easy as this one and a failure to make it only signifies incompetence and/or an ego problem (Q was my guy, is my guy, and that's that mentality).

Old
04-25-2012, 12:44 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Not trying to troll you Bubba, but you mean "off the top of my head". I never realized how similar those two phrases were until now. "Out of my mind" means it's making you crazy. "Off the top of my head" means you didn't have to do a lot of thinking about it. (Sorry, I took a linguistics course this semester. I've been paying much closer attention to stuff like this lately.)

Anyways, MTL and CGY have no use for Crawford. Florida and Winnipeg maybe, but they both have younger, better goalies waiting in the wings. TB could probably find a better goalie than CC without much work as well.

Worst comes to worst, one of Crawford or Emery can be buried in the minors. Neither of their salaries are too large for that.

We should absolutely be looking for a better starting goalie. I've had it with Crawford.
thanks for the language lesson. Hope I can learn it and don't forget it

Crawford is tradeable, the only problem... will Bowman trade him?

Old
04-25-2012, 01:43 AM
sketch22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
This team was a competent PP and PK from being the 4th seed in the West this year.
If they were average at both the Hawks would have had a shot at the division. 6 more goals on the pp and 9 less on the pk at the median percentages (17% and 82%). The Hawks were 8 points behind St Louis in the division (9 counting the tie breaker). A +15 goal swing probably wins them at least 5 more games and the Hawks are the 2nd seed.

Old
04-25-2012, 09:00 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Which equals a 1st round loss, winning the division is more important than it ever has been in the West.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:42 AM
WarriorofTime

Didn't win the Cup this year? Time to fire the GM!

Old
04-25-2012, 11:47 AM
cherrypik

I put all the blame on Stan for our organization being pretenders for two years:
The Campbell trade ended up being Olsez 3.25 mil, Oduya 3.5 mil, while losing a 2nd and a 3rd rd pick. Btw, Campbell had 31 points on the PP!

Brouwer for a 1st rd pick is great but when will he be ready? Most likely after our window of opportunity closes while Brouwer is scoring GWers in the PO and getting a #1 star.

Now we are currently looking for a Campbell type d-men and Brouwer type forward with veteran leadership and chemistry. Btw, both of these players now wear "A"s!

Not one of the free agents he has picked up over the course of two year have panned out. They most likely retire the following season.

Going into this offseason, you can argue that Stan has as many bad contract signings as Dale. Frolik(2.75), Crawford(2.5), Keith(13 years!) and Montaturd(2.75).

BTW, don't tell me he gets a bye for 2010 when he was the finance guy for Dale. They had a plan in place. He has FAILED as a GM for two years period!

Old
04-25-2012, 11:50 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
I put all the blame on Stan for our organization being pretenders for two years:
The Campbell trade ended up being Olsez 3.25 mil, Oduya 3.5 mil, while losing a 2nd and a 3rd rd pick. Btw, Campbell had 31 points on the PP!

Brouwer for a 1st rd pick is great but when will he be ready? Most likely after our window of opportunity closes while Brouwer is scoring GWers in the PO and getting a #1 star.

Now we are currently looking for a Campbell type d-men and Brouwer type forward with veteran leadership and chemistry. Btw, both of these players now wear "A"s!

Not one of the free agents he has picked up over the course of two year have panned out. They most likely retire the following season.

Going into this offseason, you can argue that Stan has as many bad contract signings as Dale. Frolik(2.75), Crawford(2.5), Keith(13 years!) and Montaturd(2.75).

BTW, don't tell me he gets a bye for 2010 when he was the finance guy for Dale. They had a plan in place. He has FAILED as a GM for two years period!
You wanted to keep Campbell? Hope you didn't like Seabrook or Sharp too much.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:51 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
No, more like, GM didn't do **** again and it killed us.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
This team had obvious holes after the 2010-2011 campaign. Those holes still exist. The GM in charge of filling them should be able to do so within 3 years so IMO he has the next year to do so.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:59 AM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

I Hear AV might be available.......

Old
04-25-2012, 12:04 PM
cherrypik

Quote:
You wanted to keep Campbell? Hope you didn't like Seabrook or Sharp too much.
They had cap room this year.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:50 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
They had cap room this year.
And Sharp's contract starts next year. No room for it if Campbell was still around. The worst thing in the world with a contract like that is hanging on too long. Obviously Campbell thrived when he got the chance to be the #1 D man on Florida. But if we kept him there was just as good a chance he became a Gomez.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:52 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
And Sharp's contract starts next year. No room for it if Campbell was still around. The worst thing in the world with a contract like that is hanging on too long. Obviously Campbell thrived when he got the chance to be the #1 D man on Florida. But if we kept him there was just as good a chance he became a Gomez.
Knowing we didn't spend the space, ideally we could have kept him this year and dealt him at the draft this year. But, it would have been risky and not worth the chance we couldn't move him later. The fail was in Bowman not spending the space on something else, and it was an epic fail.

Old
04-25-2012, 01:02 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Knowing we didn't spend the space, ideally we could have kept him this year and dealt him at the draft this year. But, it would have been risky and not worth the chance we couldn't move him later. The fail was in Bowman not spending the space on something else, and it was an epic fail.
And again.. who would you have spent it on? If I'm not mistaken, you were one of many posters proclaiming the Hawks would win it all this year in the summer. Funny how you, and many other posters for that matter, didn't see the blatantly obvious holes the team had.

Old
04-25-2012, 01:05 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
And again.. who would you have spent it on? If I'm not mistaken, you were one of many posters proclaiming the Hawks would win it all this year in the summer. Funny how you, and many other posters for that matter, didn't see the blatantly obvious holes the team had.
I saw the holes, saw the outrageous amount of cap space, saw our wealth of assets and figured we'd be bringing in some good players to fill those holes. We ended up with nothing. It's still shocking for me. Someone needs to pay for it, and Bowman is the obvious choice unless someone in the organization comes out and says they don't want to be a cap team.

Old
04-25-2012, 01:15 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I saw the holes, saw the outrageous amount of cap space, saw our wealth of assets and figured we'd be bringing in some good players to fill those holes. We ended up with nothing. It's still shocking for me. Someone needs to pay for it, and Bowman is the obvious choice unless someone in the organization comes out and says they don't want to be a cap team.
You didn't answer the orignial question. Who would you have spent the money on in the summer?

Old
04-25-2012, 01:19 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
You didn't answer the orignial question. Who would you have spent the money on in the summer?
Jagr for one, remember my thread on July 1 "Priority No. 1, sign Jagr" I remember you saying he was done and wouldn't help. Well, he's not done and would have helped. Furthermore, knowing the Kane at C experiment was green lighted already, it makes even more sense. Lastly, it was a 1 year deal so the CBA garbage is not an excuse.

Vokoun would be here for cheap in Emery's spot, same thing, 1 year deal, no excuse.

D I probably wait to do something during the season.

Closed Thread