HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Deal NHLPA offered!

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2004, 01:40 AM
Bennevol10

vCash: 500
The Deal NHLPA offered!

I think NHLPA salary cap is way too soft. I believe my luxury taxes work little better then NHLPA. How about: Teams would pay $1.00 tax on payroll above $40 million and $2.00 taxes for each $1 the team spend over $45 Millions and no team can sign free agents if their salary over $45 Millions. I believe teams should share some sort of revenue sharing. We also have to make sure we do not have same kind of revenue sharing as baseball. That way team wont be paying fair salary to players and at the time getting money from other team. To get revenues a team must have at least $32 Millions salary for whole season. If a team go dollar below $32 Millions in any time of a season will disqualify for any sort of revenue sharing. Any thoughts will be welcome on this topic.

Old
12-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
well... just about any tax proposal is gonna be better than the NHLPA's, they dont want one. they basically just attempted to purchase the current system for a few more years, which isn't going to fly. Goodenow knows this, so it will be interesting on tuesday how they react to the owners counter offer which is basically going to be the same overall thing with the tax harsher and tied to the revenue's that the league is getting. players will either have a reality check, or we won't have a system.

the place to negotiate is the tax clearly, but both sides have basically said they won't negotiate on that. great.

Closed Thread