HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs fan coming in peace...

Old
04-14-2012, 05:36 PM
abdew29

vCash: 500
Leafs fan coming in peace...

Hey Kings fans

Im a Leafs fan coming in peace and i just wanted to get an idea of what you Kings fans think about your offseason. I know its early and you guys are all focused on the playoffs, but as usual, the Leafs offseason started pre-maturely yet again, so we have lots of time on our hands.

I wanted to say that your team is exactly what Brian Burke promised us, hard checking, heart and soul, truculent and belligerent team. Your whole team is composed of two way forwards and power forwards and you guys have a lights out tender. I wanted to know:
1) which one of these players are you willing to part with this offseason (if any)?
2) Are you guys planning to bring back Dustin Penner and what is your idea of him?
3)What are Kings priorities this offseason (barring any results during the playoffs)?

Thanks Kings fans, and you guys have my best wishes to mirk the Canucks.

abdew29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 05:39 PM
theMajor

all i have to say is that Lupul would be amazing on the Richards/Carter line

theMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 05:43 PM
ShattStar03

If Quick performs well this post-season, look for Lombardi to extend Quick and trade Bernier in the offseason.

As for Penner, I say they let him walk as well as Stoll, unless he resigns for less.

In terms of priority, the Kings are going to be looking for a top-winger and for more depth in the 3rd line. I would expect the Kings to add more grit to their game.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:07 PM
mbar

I can see Toronto's future...They pay Penner $4m a year for a 3 year deal.

GENIUS BURKIE!!

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:09 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
all i have to say is that Lupul would be amazing on the Richards/Carter line
I'll take Kessel and Grabovski too.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:19 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdew29 View Post
1) which one of these players are you willing to part with this offseason (if any)?
2) Are you guys planning to bring back Dustin Penner and what is your idea of him?
3)What are Kings priorities this offseason (barring any results during the playoffs)?
Welcome to the boards, and thanks for the kind words for the Kings!

1. Most likely Penner, Stoll, Richardson, and Fraser are gone from a forward stand point. Martinez may be moved, depending on if some other defenseman seems ready to fill in his shoes. Finally, I'm pretty sure once July 1st hits, Quick will be re-signed and Bernier will be on the move.

Other players may be available, namely role players such as Lewis, King, Nolan... but I don't think they're actively shopped; they're all growing and improving in the game, and they'd only be moved if they can upgrade, or have an upgrade available.

2. I don't think Penner will be brought back. He has been by and large a major disappointment since the Kings traded for him. He started the end of last year on the top line with Kopitar and Williams, and finished this season on the third line with Stoll and Lewis. For whatever reason, he didn't work out too well here under two different coaches. I think he'll move on to greener pastures... and I'm sure he'll do well. He has size and talent. There was a problem between the ears with him while down here.

3. I think the major issue with the Kings will be third line depth, particularly defensive forwards. I think a major struggle for the Kings scoring was the loss of players like Handzus and Simmonds, who played a defensive role. Without a strong defensive line, the Kings depended on Richards to shut down more, which weakened the Kings offensive depth.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:31 PM
KingCanadain1976

If im la id be interested in torontos 1st round pick but only if forsberg is available. I think he would be what this team is looking for in the furture a natural lw with some size speed and goal scoring ability

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:44 PM
KBA4life

Which top sixer would Toronto be willing to part with for Bernier?

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 07:28 PM
abdew29

I think the Leafs are more in need of a veteran goaltender as we are stacked with young goalies. From my understanding Burke might part with one of our defenseman (Franson, Komisarek or a young Hozler, maybe even Schenn if the price is right). I would be very interested in Stoll and Penner in the offseason, and would try to get a guy like King off you guys.

As for wingers, we could part with Colby Armstrong, Carter Ashton, Matthew Lombardi or even Matt Frattin. If you guys are in need of a centerman, we have a young one in our system named Joe Colborne (6'6 190 lb), hes got soft hands and good vision.

Just curious, as a Leafs fan, dreaming about Kopitar is a bit of a stretch right?

Old
04-14-2012, 07:58 PM
apadilla

if the kings are bounced in the 1st round again, i don't think anyone, including Kopi, will be "untouchable". Looking at your roster, i'd say for Kopi, you would need to give up:

Lupul, Schenn, Kadri, and your 1st pick in this year's draft,

too rich, we could add a defensemen like martinez or a forward like lotkinov,

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by apadilla View Post
if the kings are bounced in the 1st round again, i don't think anyone, including Kopi, will be "untouchable". Looking at your roster, i'd say for Kopi, you would need to give up:

i hope this is some kind of sick joke.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 08:15 PM
apadilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
i hope this is some kind of sick joke.
which side is it bad for?

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 08:26 PM
abdew29

Quote:

Ahh, that might be a little too expensive for us.

Schenn, Frattin, Colborne, Armstrong, Franson 2013 2nd round for Kopitar and third rounder?

Anyway this is turning out to be a game which is gonna probably going to be closed by your modulator. So before he does that, which guys are you willing to let go?

Old
04-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

Quote:
Ahh, that might be a little too expensive for us.

Schenn, Frattin, Colborne, Armstrong, Franson 2013 2nd round for Kopitar and third rounder?

Anyway this is turning out to be a game which is gonna probably going to be closed by your modulator. So before he does that, which guys are you willing to let go?
If we were to trade Kopitar, it would be something along the lines of Kessel+

But Kopitar won't get traded, so neither of us should worry about that.

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:12 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
1. Most likely Penner, Stoll, Richardson, and Fraser are gone from a forward stand point. Martinez may be moved, depending on if some other defenseman seems ready to fill in his shoes. Finally, I'm pretty sure once July 1st hits, Quick will be re-signed and Bernier will be on the move.
I'll be surprised if Fraser isn't retained. He really helped solidify the 4th line. Clifford-Fraser-Nolan has been great for us, I'd like that combo to stay intact.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
1. Penner, Stoll & Richardson

2. See above.

3. Zach Parise.

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:17 PM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Perhaps you should talk to the fanbases of the other 13 teams that, like you, have a ton of time on your hands being out of the playoffs, eh?

TruKingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I'll be surprised if Fraser isn't retained. He really helped solidify the 4th line. Clifford-Fraser-Nolan has been great for us, I'd like that combo to stay intact.
+1
as well as Lewis and the 4th line looked late last year. Fraser surpassed that performance. once he was paired with Clifford and Nolan the 4th line has been solid. keep them together and i think we will see some more points from them. 3rd and 4th liners usually take longer to develop the chemistry to score. they need time to innately know where the other two guys will be, to set them up. they don't have the skill set of the top 6, so it comes down to timing. the time for a seam pass or g and g setup with time to get a good look.

if DL leaves the Fraser line as is over the summer i would be fine. personally if i were him it would be down my list of priorities.

#1 - the #1 LW - ZP
#2 - the #3 C is next and if i were him he goes all in on P Gaustad. gets the big defensive center they need to replace Zus, good faceoff man to replace Stoll, good all around defensive center to play the PK.
#3 - next is upgrading the wingers on the 3rd line. nice blend of skill, speed and grit.
#4 - resign Quick
#5 - look at trade options for Bernier to get back in the first two rounds of the draft
#6 - capable backup if JB is traded
#7 - look at options to upgrade the #7 D in case any of the MAN kids can't step up. upgrade over DD44

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:32 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
+1
as well as Lewis and the 4th line looked late last year. Fraser surpassed that performance. once he was paired with Clifford and Nolan the 4th line has been solid. keep them together and i think we will see some more points from them. 3rd and 4th liners usually take longer to develop the chemistry to score. they need time to innately know where the other two guys will be, to set them up. they don't have the skill set of the top 6, so it comes down to timing. the time for a seam pass or g and g setup with time to get a good look.

if DL leaves the Fraser line as is over the summer i would be fine. personally if i were him it would be down my list of priorities.

#1 - the #1 LW - ZP
#2 - the #3 C is next and if i were him he goes all in on P Gaustad. gets the big defensive center they need to replace Zus, good faceoff man to replace Stoll, good all around defensive center to play the PK.
#3 - next is upgrading the wingers on the 3rd line. nice blend of skill, speed and grit.
#4 - resign Quick
#5 - look at trade options for Bernier to get back in the first two rounds of the draft
#6 - capable backup if JB is traded
#7 - look at options to upgrade the #7 D in case any of the MAN kids can't step up. upgrade over DD44
I think I'd put re-signing Quick at the top of the list

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:52 PM
TwoForRoughing
Building a Dynasty

1) I think our D and G is in tact. And on offense, I don't see us trading anyone.

2) The Kings will likely not re-sign neither Stoll nor Penner.

3) The Kings need help on their bottom six. I know we got a few rookies who might be ready, but I think we should sign a guy like Jim Slater.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:20 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I like what Fraser brings, but I ultimately think he's a dime-a-dozen player. He may very well be retained, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go.

Players like Clifford and Nolan are young and tough. Both of which have stepped up to a more important role when need be (Clifford has done well on the third line in the past + playoffs last year, while Nolan actually did well on the second line with King-Richards).

I just don't see the same possibility with Fraser, which is why I think he's more of a dime-a-dozen player.

Forward depth includes having players who can step up to a higher role when players go down. If Stoll went down tomorrow, for example, Lewis or Loktionov would be moved to fill in for him before Fraser was moved up.

IDEALLY, this would be a forward line-up I'd love to see starting next season:

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Carter
King - Chris Kelly - Lewis
Clifford - Holloway - Nolan

I think the third line is a lot more defined as a checking/defensive line. The fourth line is an energy line (assuming that Holloway would sign with the Kings), but all three players could comfortably be moved up to the third line in case of an injury.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:12 AM
KBA4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
I like what Fraser brings, but I ultimately think he's a dime-a-dozen player. He may very well be retained, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go.

Players like Clifford and Nolan are young and tough. Both of which have stepped up to a more important role when need be (Clifford has done well on the third line in the past + playoffs last year, while Nolan actually did well on the second line with King-Richards).

I just don't see the same possibility with Fraser, which is why I think he's more of a dime-a-dozen player.

Forward depth includes having players who can step up to a higher role when players go down. If Stoll went down tomorrow, for example, Lewis or Loktionov would be moved to fill in for him before Fraser was moved up.

IDEALLY, this would be a forward line-up I'd love to see starting next season:

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Carter
King - Chris Kelly - Lewis
Clifford - Holloway - Nolan

I think the third line is a lot more defined as a checking/defensive line. The fourth line is an energy line (assuming that Holloway would sign with the Kings), but all three players could comfortably be moved up to the third line in case of an injury.
I like where you're going, Kelly is a great fit and likely wouldn't cost too much more than what Stoll is currently making, hopefully. I hope Gagne can come back but I just don't think he'd be too productive at this point. Assuming Quick doesn't completely crap the bed the rest of the playoffs, I think Bernier gets traded in the offseason for a scoring winger. I know Philly doesn't need a goalie but I think JVR could be the ideal target this offseason. He's signed long term to a decent cap hit and may not cost TOO much to acquire since Philly is right at the cap and needs young, cheap players in return. I'd love Parise but I doubt he'll sign here

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Gretz

I think the Kings will probably let Penner go so he can work at IHOP.Stoll may be resigned but at a lesser amount. His production is off as most of the Kings are, but he is a great face off man, so unless we sign some one else who is at least as good as him, or better, I think they will resign him. Richardson will likely be gone, I do like Fraser's grit, so he might be resigned.
The biggest priority in the off season, regardless of what happens in the playoffs, is to resign Quick as soon as you can. Once that happens, I do believe that Bernier would be available, and I would assume, something would happen before training camp starts.

Quote:
Hey Kings fans

Im a Leafs fan coming in peace and i just wanted to get an idea of what you Kings fans think about your offseason. I know its early and you guys are all focused on the playoffs, but as usual, the Leafs offseason started pre-maturely yet again, so we have lots of time on our hands.

I wanted to say that your team is exactly what Brian Burke promised us, hard checking, heart and soul, truculent and belligerent team. Your whole team is composed of two way forwards and power forwards and you guys have a lights out tender. I wanted to know:

Thanks Kings fans, and you guys have my best wishes to mirk the Canucks.

Gretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:38 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Looking at your roster, i'd say for Kopi, you would need to give up:

HELL NO.

Kings would be stupid to make that deal. Giving up the best player for some depth? They are already a deep team.

LA should try to trade Scuderi.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:18 AM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
HELL NO.

Kings would be stupid to make that deal. Giving up the best player for some depth? They are already a deep team.

LA should try to trade Scuderi.
I doubt LA trades Scuderi next year. We have no one to replace what he brings. The Kings made their defensive move when they traded JJ and replaced him with VV.

Campbell has had a solid year, but I don't think he's quite there yet. I would guess the plan would be one of Campbell or Muzzin taking Scuds spot after next season. If they falter, either Scuds is extended a year or two or the Kings go the free agent route.

On a related note, I hope Greene is extended. He has been fantastic this year, and the bad penalties and mistakes seem to be gone from his game. He makes a good amount of coin, but I'm not sure there are any alternatives out there that are on his level and are cheaper.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote