HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Rumor/Proposal Thread. Offseason Recon Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2012, 09:03 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIQ View Post
I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with his position, but I think he needs to be more aware when he's rushing the puck or going into corners. You can't just skate through guys in the NHL like he could in junior. If Sutton could modify his style, so can Hall.
The problem I have is that Hall has gotten use to coming down that side and making his moves from the outside, how long is it going to take him to figure out how to play well from the inside? I can also see him trying to split the d which really is going to end up with him getting pounded all the time anyway.

Old
04-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Skm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
The problem I have is that Hall has gotten use to coming down that side and making his moves from the outside, how long is it going to take him to figure out how to play well from the inside? I can also see him trying to split the d which really is going to end up with him getting pounded all the time anyway.
Yeah it's a pick your poison thing. I'd rather take my chances with a (hopefully) 100%repaired shoulder and absorbing hits along the boards than cutting through the middle on a regular basis and risk taking a shoulder directly to the head. Trying to eliminate hits along the boards is not nearly a good enough reason to try and make Hall play center imo.

Old
04-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Perro

I want Teemu Harti...... to LA. What would hte cost be? I posted Hickey on the LA board and the main board. Figured may as well make it a trifecta to get Oiler fans opinions.

Old
04-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I want Teemu Harti...... to LA. What would hte cost be? I posted Hickey on the LA board and the main board. Figured may as well make it a trifecta to get Oiler fans opinions.
No. Just no. We don't need your bust. To put it into perspective. Hickey based on HF rankings would be our 8th best ranked defenceman. 18th overall. Teemu is our #6 overall prospect, and is exactly the one thing we need. Size and grit with top 6 potential.

Last edited by Valic: 04-27-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old
04-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

I wouldn't do Hickey for Harti. I'd maybe consider Forbort, but the thing with acquiring more d-prospects is just that we have a plethora of them. Yes our defense blows but we have a lot of defensive prospects and are getting thin on forward prospects after the big three.

I'd have a tough time right now parting with Harti unless it was an over payment.

Old
04-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Quote:
Forbort or Voynov, or no deal.

Actually, I'm not sure I'd do that either. Hartikainen is exactly what we're missing.

Old
04-27-2012, 10:48 AM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Forbort or Voynov, or no deal.
Voynov has played pretty damn good when I've seen him. I would trade the moon and a ham sandwhich for him.

Old
04-27-2012, 10:49 AM
joestevens29

You don't really move Harti unless he's a piece in a deal for someone bigger. Making a lateral move for a d-man prospect doesn't help us, neither does trading him for a pick.

Old
04-27-2012, 10:54 AM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Ya I just can't see it happening. People assume we need d prospects when we're actually loaded with them. Only way I could see us moving him to LA would be part of a package for Brown

Old
04-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Perro

Fair enough to the no's.
Couple of things though.
1) I agree Hickey wasdrasfted way too high, however he has made huge strides the last two years and I am actually getting excited to see him in the NHL in place of Martinex next year. So I would not call him a bust, just thought this deal could benefit both.
2) I am huge on harti but Voynov....come on really. If you draft Nail there is not alot of room on the left side for Teemu so it would not take an overpayment like that.

I am fine with the no deal. Just was curious. Should be an interesting off season. Oilers should definately be in the playoffs next season.

Old
04-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Skm

Quote:
Fair enough to the no's.
Couple of things though.
1) I agree Hickey wasdrasfted way too high, however he has made huge strides the last two years and I am actually getting excited to see him in the NHL in place of Martinex next year. So I would not call him a bust, just thought this deal could benefit both.
2) I am huge on harti but Voynov....come on really. If you draft Nail there is not alot of room on the left side for Teemu so it would not take an overpayment like that.

I am fine with the no deal. Just was curious. Should be an interesting off season. Oilers should definately be in the playoffs next season.
Yeah I wouldn't do a swap of Teemu for Hickey, but hey props for coming here with a proposal that wasn't absolutely ridiculous. I think Hartikainen plays LW and Yakupov plays RW so shouldn't be too much of a logjam in that regard. I am intrigued to see how/if Hickey can handle the NHL next year.

Old
04-27-2012, 11:06 AM
backhandsauce

I was thinking, how good is it that Nuge ad Eberle are attending the WC's. Let's hope they are lights out and maybe it will get some guys on their team talking. With the new rink coming and the kids playing lights out maybe guys like Getzlaf, Perry and such want to make the move up North.

-oops wrong thread. This was meant for the WC thread. Sorry.

Old
04-27-2012, 11:07 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Fair enough to the no's.
Couple of things though.

Harti could play on the 4th line if need be, he's far from being guaranteed a top 6 or 9 spot. So I don't think there is a lack of room. Now if Petrell is back, and Pitlick takes the next step and we sign a couple guys then maybe Harti doesn't have a roster spot to start 12-13. Which isn't the end of the world either.

Old
04-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post
Yeah I wouldn't do a swap of Teemu for Hickey, but hey props for coming here with a proposal that wasn't absolutely ridiculous. I think Hartikainen plays LW and Yakupov plays RW so shouldn't be too much of a logjam in that regard. I am intrigued to see how/if Hickey can handle the NHL next year.
All kings fans are intrigued by this too. I thnk he will have a lot to prove to a lot of peolpe to get rid of that bust lable. I know I still am bitter seeing Alzner with the Caps and not in LA, but this season he has actually impressed me. And I am looking forward to him next year. I am also thiking once Manchester is out he will be a black ace. If there is an injury I think he would be one of the firts guys in.

Ok. One last ditch effort for Teemu.
Lokitinov for Teemu.
I propose this assuming it would only happen if Gagner is moved out of town.

Old
04-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
All kings fans are intrigued by this too. I thnk he will have a lot to prove to a lot of peolpe to get rid of that bust lable. I know I still am bitter seeing Alzner with the Caps and not in LA, but this season he has actually impressed me. And I am looking forward to him next year. I am also thiking once Manchester is out he will be a black ace. If there is an injury I think he would be one of the firts guys in.

Lokitinov for Teemu.
Loktionov hasn't been able to do much at the NHL level so I'd have to pass. I'd have to watch Hickey before making the call on that proposal. I know that it's fashionable to call him a bust but LA has one of the best defensive cores in the league.

04-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Koto

Quote:
Fair enough to the no's.
Couple of things though.

Somehow adding another small winger, makes one of our only big wingers expendable.

Old
04-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Koto

Quote:

Lokitinov for Teemu.
No. Not even if gagner was traded.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
Somehow adding another small winger, makes one of our only big wingers expendable.
isn't room for them all is all I was saying.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Koto

Quote:
isn't room for them all is all I was saying.
you gave us back another forward? how does that change the numbers.

besides wingers who are behind harti include: smyth, omark, jones, petrel, hordichuck, eager.

how do you actually think these trades are helping us? you basically said something like "i want this player...im willing to give you this garbage to get him"

how about we trade sutton for voynov?

Old
04-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
you gave us back another forward? how does that change the numbers.

besides wingers who are behind harti include: smyth, omark, jones, petrel, hordichuck, eager.

how do you actually think these trades are helping us? you basically said something like "i want this player...im willing to give you this garbage to get him"

how about we trade sutton for voynov?
1) In the loki trade it was under the premis that Gangner is moved.
2) You are entitled to your own opinion but I do not feel Hickey or Gagner are garbage. Not sure why you have taken such offense. But I will now leave this thread before I say something I regret and get booted.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:25 PM
backhandsauce

What would we need to give up for Benn and Ott?

First pick and Gags?

Would you do it?

Old
04-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysauce View Post

First pick and Gags?

Would you do it?
Easily

Old
04-27-2012, 02:59 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysauce View Post

First pick and Gags?

Would you do it?
That's a tough one. I'd love to add Benn. I'd probably do it if they added a smaller piece

Old
04-27-2012, 03:02 PM
HockeyIQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post
Yeah it's a pick your poison thing. I'd rather take my chances with a (hopefully) 100%repaired shoulder and absorbing hits along the boards than cutting through the middle on a regular basis and risk taking a shoulder directly to the head. Trying to eliminate hits along the boards is not nearly a good enough reason to try and make Hall play center imo.
One of my other reasons for him playing center is I don't think gagner is going to cut it. If we can land a guy like Staal as our #2 center, then I'm more than happy to leave Hall on the wing. If Hall is healthy for a full season next year, then I won't be worried. Until then, it's hard not to be no matter which position he plays.

Old
04-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Paralyzer008

Is it conceivable to think that we could still improve next season without making any big changes?

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Paajarvi-Gagner-Yakupov
Hartilkainen-Horcoff-Hemsky
Eager-Belanger-Jones

Petry-Smid
Whitney-Schultz
Sutton-Potter
Peckham

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

Other than maybe adding a LW to take one of Paajarvi/Hartilkainen off, is this still reasonable?

Closed Thread