HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

I am reading between the lines and want to think Shero said Malkin is available...

Old
04-25-2012, 08:53 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Yeah right.
"Damn, we lost a series alowing 30 goals. Hmmm, I guess I'll trade 2-time Art Ross winner, playoff warrior in his prime! He surely is the problem!".

Why the hell would Shero want to trade Malkin? Let's not forget Malkin's unique ability to concuss people and get away with it, by the way - he's not only a scorer, he's a mean nasty dirty player.
Why would he tarde Staal, who is developing into a fantastic centerman and just had a great series as well?
Cap hit? Well, I think that not signing average D-men for $5M and finding a good backup would be a better start than trading best players. And I also think that this Pens team has a huge potential even after the fail against a Philly.
HFB at their best. "Lost series? REBUILD!!!11"
maybe to get some people to stop the 30 goals part?

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:56 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
You can pick up a good 3rd line centre pretty easy. Jordan Staal is a luxary to have as the 3rd line centre...but its a luxary they can not afford to have anymore. They need a top 6 winger and a good top 4 D (and need to lose Martin or Michalek)

I have no doubt that Pittsburgh could attract a nice 3rd line centre on the cheap.
if we are losing Martin and/or Michalek, the pens can afford all 3 centers. Its not going to be dump one center and trade Martin/Michalek, its dump a center or trade Martin/Michalek.

Also this trade is about trading Malkin, Staal is a more reasonable discussion so thats why I pointed out that if we trade Malkin we have created more holes to fill.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:58 PM
SabreKiller

To Pittsburgh
12th overall
nashvilles 1st
42 overall
44 overall
73 overall
Jason Pomminville
Andrej Sekera
Jhonas Enroth

SabreKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by goal1228 View Post
I don't think Malkin will be traded.

Staal and Martin

for

Neilsen and Mcdonald + prospect or pick?

Pens save almost 6 million in cap space to sign another foward or defensemen.
Isles get their 2nd line center for a 3rd line center. Pens upgrade on defense.
This is the best offer, I dont know how the Pens could turn it down.

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Lux Aurumque*

From Winnipeg:
Evander Kane
Blake Wheeler
Mark Scheifele
1st round pick 2012

And two of...
Carl Klingberg
Paul Postma
Arturs Kulda
Zach Redmond
Ivan Telegin

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:04 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
What?

I'm a Flyers fan and having just watched the Pens lose in the playoffs, Geno would be the last guy on that team whose passion I would have called into question.

Malkin's issue is that he is too emotional. He gets caught up in the playoff shennanigans and loses his game a bit. That's not something that would happen from a lack of passion.
and as far as the work ethic part, he was unhappy with his play last year so he worked really hard in the offseason and came back and won the art ross and likely the hart

Old
04-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
No they don't. There is no point in dealing for a franchise center if it costs your franchise defenseman+. Just because Malkin is elite doesn't mean teams are just going to hand over their best players to acquire him, trades have to make sense for both parties. I agree the proposal could need additions but it's a reasonable start.
No, it's not a reasonable start not at all. If teams don't want to hand over their best players to acquire him, the Pens wouldn't trade him, it's pretty simple.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:08 PM
SabreKiller

Malkin for Myers

Old
04-25-2012, 09:09 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreKiller View Post
Malkin for Myers
try staal and kennedy

Old
04-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

People posting these Malkin offers think about this for a moment.

Why do you want Malkin?

Now once you have the answer to that question, consider this, the reasons you want Malkin, are the reasons the Pens want Malkin and the thing is, the Pens already have him and have absolutely zero reason to change that. If you want a Malkin level player, wait until one hits free agency, or wait until your team sucks enough to get one. The Pens didn't endure years of absolute rubbish to trade away the prized possessions we acquired to get the team back on track.

Old
04-25-2012, 09:15 PM
SabreKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
People posting these Malkin offers think about this for a moment.

Why do you want Malkin?

Now once you have the answer to that question, consider this, the reasons you want Malkin, are the reasons the Pens want Malkin and the thing is, the Pens already have him and have absolutely zero reason to change that. If you want a Malkin level player, wait until one hits free agency, or wait until your team sucks enough to get one. The Pens didn't endure years of absolute rubbish to trade away the prized possessions we acquired to get the team back on track.
**** try being a buffalo fan then you can complain

Old
04-25-2012, 09:20 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
Wow! Just.. WOW!

Please, go piece by piece and tell me where's the equal value to Malkin?

Do you even realize OILERS got Lupul, Šmíd, 1st rd pick '07 (Riley Nash), and 1st (Jordan Eberle) and a 2nd round pick for Chris Pronger.

Or even Ducks got Lupul, Sbisa, 1st 2009, 1st 2010 (Emerson Etem), and a conditional pick for him and he was in his LAST YEAR and 35 years old?

Please, go piece by piece and tell me where's the equal value to Malkin?
Joffrey Lupul
Ladislav Šmíd
30th overall pick
23rd overall pick
53rd overall pick

I'd don't think a deal around Yakupov + 1st + ? +? would be THAT terrible compared to that. For a start you free up $8.7m in cap to go after players to plug holes. $8.7m worth of holes plugged + Yakupov + 1st + ? + ? would still be a good team. Losing Malkin would hurt a hell of a lot but that wouldn't be the worst deal in the history of the league and may even help the Penguins be a more rounded team - at least until Crosby gets his bell rung again at which point it is game over.

I still like the Penguins big 3C idea, though if Yakupov was on the table, Staal for Yakupov makes a lot of sense for both sides IMHO.

PS don't trade Malkin or Staal to the Oilers mmmkk thanks.

Old
04-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godric View Post
He basically said that changes are going to happen this offseason.... HOWEVER

He said he likes the coaching staff ~ no changes there okay...
He said he likes the defense ~ No changes there... WHICH IS A MISTAKE
He said he is no longer committed on the 3 center mold ~ He isn't trading Crosby. That leaves Jordan or Geno....

There is much more that leads me to believe Geno is on the block but its 1:30am and I'm tired
I changed the title. It was misleading as stated.

Fugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:23 PM
cgf

Haven't read this thread but love the title change. If Malkin was actually available every team in the league would make an insane offer.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
I'd don't think a deal around Yakupov + 1st + ? +? would be THAT terrible. For a start you free up $8.7m in cap to go after players to plug holes. $8.7m worth of holes plugged + Yakupov + 1st + ? + ? would still be a good team. Losing Malkin would hurt a hell of a lot but that wouldn't be the worst deal in the history of the league and may even help the Penguins be a more rounded team - at least until Crosby gets his bell rung again at which point it is game over. .
Sorry but this is terrible. You don't trade the reigning Art Ross winner for a collection of question marks, yes, even Yakupov is a question mark at the moment.

Yakupov = question mark
1st = question mark
? = question mark
? = question mark

That's just ridiculous for the guy who was the best hockey player on the planet this season. No Pens fan cares about being able to "free up" 8.7 by trading Malkin to "plug holes" lol.

Old
04-25-2012, 09:33 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Sorry but this is terrible. You don't trade the reigning Art Ross winner for a collection of question marks, yes, even Yakupov is a question mark at the moment.

Yakupov = question mark
1st = question mark
? = question mark
? = question mark

That's just ridiculous for the guy who was the best hockey player on the planet this season. No Pens fan cares about being able to "free up" 8.7 by trading Malkin to "plug holes" lol.
Ryan Suter, Yakupov, 1st 1st Klefblom

Old
04-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Ryan Suter, Yakupov, 1st 1st Klefblom
Ryan Suter isn't part of the trade, you can't just add him in to the value of the trade :faceplam: and signing him would be a question mark

Yakupov = question mark
1st = question mark
1st = question mark
Klefblom = question mark

Not a chance in hell the Pens move the Art Ross winner and likely Hart winner for that. None, at all.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:20 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Ryan Suter isn't part of the trade, you can't just add him in to the value of the trade :faceplam: and signing him would be a question mark
You don't trade Malkin and hope to get Suter. You would reach and arrangement with Suter then cut the deal to trade Malkin to make the space.

If you had Suter lined up and decided it was Malkin that you wanted to move and to keep Staal, and the best deal offered was Yakupov 2 1sts and Klefblom, you have to ask yourself what makes your team better: malkin or (Suter, Yakupov, 1sts and Klefblom). If you think it is Malkin you don't do the deal.

Personally it'd be more likely to be Staal but whatever I was just demonstrating to you the value of cap space which you don't seem to see as having any value at all. I see no reason the Penguins would trade Malkin. Crosby-Malkin is an untouchable 1-2 punch, their issues are elsewhere and can be solved in other ways.

Last edited by me2: 04-25-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old
04-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

Quote:

Yakupov = question mark
1st = question mark
1st = question mark
Klefblom = question mark

Not a chance in hell the Pens move the Art Ross winner and likely Hart winner for that. None, at all.
We don't want to trade those pieces. Makes no sense to both teams. And besides Malkin isn't getting moved.

Johnny Bravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
You don't trade Malkin and hope to get Suter. You would reach and arrangement with Suter then cut the deal to trade Malkin to make the space.

If you had Suter lined up and decided it was Malkin that you wanted to move and to keep Staal, and the best deal offered was Yakupov 2 1sts and Klefblom, you have to ask yourself what makes your team better: malkin or (Suter, Yakupov, 1sts and Klefblom). If you think it is Malkin you don't do the deal.

Personally it'd be more likely to be Staal but whatever I was just demonstrating to you the value of cap space which you don't seem to see as having any value at all.
Trading Malkin for 4 question marks is nonsensical no matter what kind of spin you want to try to put on it. That's simply just not a smart trade for the Pens at all.

I do see cap space as having value BUT, the Pens are more than content to be using 8.7 of cap space on Malkin, he won't be getting traded to "free up" cap space and for a bunch of question marks. There's not much better you can use 8.7 million on than the guy who was the best player in the world this season.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
We don't want to trade those pieces. Makes no sense to both teams. And besides Malkin isn't getting moved.
Cool so we are both in agreement. Standard Malkin trade discussion cycle completed

Old
04-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Yakupov(hardly a question mark), Smid, Paajarvi, and 2013 1st for Malkin enough? Gives the Pens a LW/RW with loads of potential, a #3 dman that took a huge leap this year, and probably a mid 1st.

Oiler fans wont like the idea but I'm sure with Malkin/RNH as a 1/2 punch then filling those holes through FA shouldnt be that hard

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Yakupov, Smid, Paajarvi, and 2013 1st for Malkin enough? Gives the Pens a LW/RW with loads of potential, a #3 dman that took a huge leap this year, and probably a mid 1st.

Oiler fans wont like the idea but I'm sure with Malkin/RNH as a 1/2 punch then filling those holes through FA shouldnt be that hard
No, it isn't enough.

Why do people keep offering up picks and prospects? the Pens want to win now, even IF they traded Malkin, that wouldn't be changing, they'd still be looking to win cups right now. They'd want elite proven NHL level talent who can come into the team right now and help contribute to a cup push.

You say with Malkin/RNH as a 1/2 punch that filling those holes through FA shouldn't be that hard. How about the Pens keep Malkin/Crosby as an even better 1/2 punch and fill their own holes through FA instead? makes sense for you for Edmonton, so I'm sure you can see why it makes sense for the Pens to say no and do exactly that for themselves instead.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:48 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I don't think people realize how much of a problem this would cause if the Pens traded him. That locker room would really question management.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:52 PM
tiger_80

Yes, if there is anyone on the block, it is Staal. Staal has good trade value and can be replaced with a cheaper veteran centerman in Belanger/Pahlsson hold.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote