HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

I am reading between the lines and want to think Shero said Malkin is available...

Old
04-25-2012, 10:18 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Stepan, Staal, J.T Miller + 1st + something else for Malkin?

With that said I really doubt Malkin is getting traded. Would probably be Staal if a trade will get done. You would be stupid to trade a player that is a perennial Art Ross candidate (when healthy).
He's not getting traded, and the offer isn't close (no offense intended, because I know you're just doing it as a '**** and giggles' thing, but offering less than what Columbus was asking for Nash is more ***** than giggles ).

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:19 AM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laino View Post
haha nice, oh well fun to speculate. Thats also from the perspective if the Penguins who knows if Staal and/or Malkin are fully happy with their roles and would like a change

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
It would be, but I think the return for Malkin will be more than that if he's traded (which, again, I can't fathom happening).
how much more would you expect? I don't think many teams could top that without doing a full gut and rebuild around Malkin

Maybe St Louis like people have mentioned but I don't think they include Pieterangelo which leaves prospect wingers, talented Cs that have been converted to wingers and shattenkirk

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:20 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
It'd probably be ~Backes + Shattenkirk + Tarasenko then. I wasn't even saying I would move Pietrangelo, I was just saying that some of the earlier proposals were garbage (Oshie + Shattenkirk + Rattie). Any team that's trading for Malkin is going to HAVE to include either their top D, top prospect, or top forward. You can't really throw proposals out there that are Top 6 Forward A + Top 4 Defence B + secondary prospect and expect to get... a Hart trophy winner / top 5 centre in the league.
I was thinking Oshie, Stewart, Schwarz, Shattenkirk or something along those lines.

Again, though, I keep going back to the idea that the Blues could give up all that and still be better than they are right now. I'm telling you, Malkin + Hitch (the system and the style) would be a match made in heaven.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:20 AM
PenguinTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsick View Post
What about

Backes
Pietrangelo
Rattie
Finally, someone's got the value right.. I think it would be + 1st rounder, but all in all, great.

InB4 Blues fans sayin hell no, he's not worth it!

People need to realize, that asking price for Nash, during the deadline was top-6 forward + top prospect + 2 firsts..

for Suter - top-6 forward, A-prospect, B-prospect, 1st rounder - and he is rental!

I don't know why people in here are shocked with some proposed asking prices..

top-line forward + top-pairing young d-man + top prospect + 1st rounder

Either you want arguably the best center in the league, franchise elite forward, signed for 2 more years (discount contract), conn smythe, two-time art ross, hart trophy(probably) winner, 50 goals scorer, SC champ, and still before his prime at the age of 26, or just keep your important players.

PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

Great, now we get to read a bunch of retarded Malkin proposals all summer. Thanks OP.

Hans Rutherford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:21 AM
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godric View Post
He basically said that changes are going to happen this offseason.... HOWEVER

He said he likes the coaching staff ~
He said he likes the defense ~
"he likes" thats the kiss of death.....you how the gm says he's lkies and is backing the coach right before he fires him.

The Old Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:23 AM
TorontoTrades

Lupul
5th overall
Gunnarsson/Shenn
Kadri/Colborne

I figure Colborne because he could slide into 3rd/4th Center after Staal moves up. Either Defenseman.

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:23 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
haha nice, oh well fun to speculate. Thats also from the perspective if the Penguins who knows if Staal and/or Malkin are fully happy with their roles and would like a change

how much more would you expect? I don't think many teams could top that without doing a full gut and rebuild around Malkin

Maybe St Louis like people have mentioned but I don't think they include Pieterangelo which leaves prospect wingers, talented Cs that have been converted to wingers and shattenkirk
I think Shero would want more than Nash + 2nd overall for Malkin. How much more? I don't think Columbus has the pieces that fit ideally for the Pens without gutting their team completely.

That said, yes, St Louis would be the suitor. They've got so many talented C/W types, so many top offensive prospects that they could give up three of them and Shattenkirk and not miss a beat (again, I think giving up that much, which would sting, and getting Malkin makes St Louis better . . . it may even make the Pens better given all the young talent coming back if Crosby stays healthy and Staal is that impact 2C).

Old
04-25-2012, 10:24 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGuins8711 View Post
Great, now we get to read a bunch of retarded Malkin proposals all summer. Thanks OP.
Simple formula for your reference:

Pens win cup = No Malkin proposals
Pens don't win cup = Summer of retarded Malkin proposals

Old
04-25-2012, 10:25 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
He can't just shift one of them to the wing...?

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:27 AM
tmack224

Ennis/Hodgson, McNabb, Armia and Buffalo 1st, Nashville 1st

or

Pomminville, McNabb, Armia, Nashville 1st

or

Vanek, McNabb, Armia, Buffalo 1st

or

Roy, Vanek, McNabb, Armia, Leopold/Regehr and Buffalo 1st for Malkin and Orpik

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:29 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
He's not getting traded, and the offer isn't close (no offense intended, because I know you're just doing it as a '**** and giggles' thing, but offering less than what Columbus was asking for Nash is more ***** than giggles ).
Yeah I do not expect Malkin to get traded so it's not like I took it that serious . Haha no this is basically what they wanted for Nash. Although that'd be a overpayment for Nash.

Malkin is great but he is most likely not on the tradingblock and we would have to gut our team for him. I rather trade for Marc's brother.

Stepan + 1st + prospect for Staal? Good value. Stepan is good for 50ish points and he has only been in the league for 2 years. Alot of potential. He would be even better on a team that attack and cycle it more than us.

Staal doesn't have alot of time left on his contract deal.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:34 AM
pspot

Quote:
Simple formula for your reference:

Pens win cup = No Malkin proposals
Pens don't win cup = Summer of retarded Malkin proposals
or just don't read these threads....

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
Kessel, 4th overall, Schenn, Conditional 2013 1st (Pitt gets 1st rounder if Leafs make playoffs)

For Malkin

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:41 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Kessel, 4th overall, Schenn, Conditional 2013 1st (Pitt gets 1st rounder if Leafs make playoffs)

For Malkin
O'k, I'll try this again: Think of what you think would be a 'fair offer' for Crosby. That's what Shero will want for Malkin.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:47 AM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

He didn't say this. The OP is just wishing he did.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:48 AM
PenguinTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Yeah I do not expect Malkin to get traded so it's not like I took it that serious . Haha no this is basically what they wanted for Nash. Although that'd be a overpayment for Nash.

Malkin is great but he is most likely not on the tradingblock and we would have to gut our team for him. I rather trade for Marc's brother.

Stepan + 1st + prospect for Staal? Good value. Stepan is good for 50ish points and he has only been in the league for 2 years. Alot of potential. He would be even better on a team that attack and cycle it more than us.

Staal doesn't have alot of time left on his contract deal.
I love Stepan, but honestly, Shero won't trade Staal within the conference, let alone division.

The very last thing he wants to see is, playing Staal against Malkin or Crosby for years to come

PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Unagi

Trade Malkin? It is not yet certain that Crosby is going to be the stud he used to be. It would be negligent of the Penguins to trade Malkin at this point.

I could see them moving Staal though, if they got a great D Man back.

If the Pens really were to move Staal I'd hope they could come to some sort of an agreement with the Ducks. Staal would be gold for us. Of course this would probably cost us something along of Bobby Ryan. And I can't see the Pens going after another Forward, when they have such deficiencies in their defense though. However I can't think of a D Man a franchise is willing to offer for Staal which wouldn't destroy their defense (for instance Weber; his loss would make Nashville a bottom feeder again)

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Eskimo44

Yakupov, Belanger, Paajarvi, Lander, 32nd + 62nd picks
for
Malkin

Yakupov is the principle asset, and is possibly the best one likely to be avaliable when you factor in caphit and that they will own his rights for a longtime if they so wish. In Belanger Pittsburgh gets a solid 3rd line center. Paajarvi gives them a very good wing prospect. Defensively Lander is a possible longterm replacement for Staal's job on the 3rd line, and he should be nice and groomed for it around the time Belanger's deal is up. A high second and 3rd should get Pittsburgh into the 1st round if they want.

Belanger, Paajarvi, Jones, Lander,
32nd pick, 1st+2nd(Ana) picks in 2013
for
Staal

Jones offers them well needed depth on the wing. Four high picks are movable assets, and offer a good chance of yielding multiple NHLers.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
How anyone thinks that Malkin is the odd man out of our 3C model is laughable. There's no way that Malkin get's traded before Staal, no way at all.

What would the point be of trading him as well, to save cap? Get rid of Martin + Orpik and bring in Despres and a FA.

Not to mention that he didn't actually say that the 3C model was being brought in question, just that they were going to look at it.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:57 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
for
Malkin

Yakupov is the principle asset, and is possibly the best one likely to be avaliable when you factor in caphit and that they will own his rights for a longtime if they so wish. In Belanger Pittsburgh gets a solid 3rd line center. Paajarvi gives them a very good wing prospect. Defensively Lander is a possible longterm replacement for Staal's job on the 3rd line, and he should be nice and groomed for it around the time Belanger's deal is up. A high second and 3rd should get Pittsburgh into the 1st round if they want.

Belanger, Paajarvi, Jones, Lander,
32nd pick, 1st+2nd(Ana) picks in 2013
for
Staal

Jones offers them well needed depth on the wing. Four high picks are movable assets, and offer a good chance of yielding multiple NHLers.

Awful... Yakupov has great potential. MPS is overrated heavily (I say this and I'm swedish. followed him alot). The rest of them are scrubs/bottom 6 forwards.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:01 AM
thegreaterikku

Even if Malkin was available, which is not the case, who in is right mind will empty his team to have him? Sure the guy is superb, but he will fetch high price... and I don't see anyone that stupid to pay whatever is worth. It's not worth it if he's the only good player left on your team.

Everyone will wait, la Luongo, when the Penguins won't have any choice to trade/let go one of their superstars for next to nothing to fit under the cap.

thegreaterikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

he says he's done with the 3 center mold and you choose Malkin out of the 3?

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:11 AM
SEALBound

Shero isnt dumb enough to let a pure talent like Malkin go.

Staal will be long gone before Malkin.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
PenguinTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
for
Malkin
LOL, counter..