HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

best free agents for hawks 2012

Old
04-26-2012, 10:27 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Penner doesn't backcheck like he should, but he will use his size around net. He just needs someone else to do the heavy lifting and what better a player to do that than Kane. Kane can find him with those great passes and Kane draws two guys to his side of the ice so it gives Penner a great chance to cash in.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:29 AM
MagicSlap*

vCash: 500
Jackman is a great fit here, not sure what all the naysayers are smoking, they probably want to sign Dennis Wideman or something.

Keith-Seabrook
Jackman-Hjalmarsson
Montador-Leddy
Olsen

That's a solid D, miles better than this year. It also gives Hammer the chance to finally try to develop some other facets of his game.

As for the forward corps, wouldn't mind seeing Gaustad centering the 4th line and bring Dustin Penner in and give him a shot on the 1st line, if that doesn't work send him to the 3rd. He had a down year but he would come cheap.

Penner-Toews-Kane
Saad-Sharp-Hossa
Hayes-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Gaustad-Bollig

That team is miles better than this years roster.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:35 AM
ndgt10

No more Bollig please.

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Tayvaan

I wouldn't touch Penner with a 10 foot pole, I'd rather let our big bodied forward prospects develop.

I still think this team should take a good hard look at Garrison, strong defender with a booming slapshot sounds like exactly what we need on D.

Tayvaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:51 PM
MagicSlap*

Thinking about it a little more, I wonder if Chris Stewart is available. He had a down year too but I would love him on this team.

Old
04-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayvaan View Post
I wouldn't touch Penner with a 10 foot pole, I'd rather let our big bodied forward prospects develop.
Agreed, people thought Bickell looked disinterested...just wait till they have Penner in a Hawks uniform. No thanks.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:22 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Thinking about it a little more, I wonder if Chris Stewart is available. He had a down year too but I would love him on this team.
St.Louis would have to be really, really down on him to move him within the division.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:25 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
St.Louis would have to be really, really down on him to move him within the division.
In the division makes it tough yes but maybe we could arrange some sort of three way deal, Ken Holland pulled it off although I doubt Bowman is capable of it.

Old
04-26-2012, 02:39 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
In the division makes it tough yes but maybe we could arrange some sort of three way deal, Ken Holland pulled it off although I doubt Bowman is capable of it.
Ken Holland pulled it off with a guy who A) Wasn't in the same division and B) Was, until 2 years ago, completely loyal to the Red Wings organization..

Old
04-26-2012, 02:59 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Agreed, people thought Bickell looked disinterested...just wait till they have Penner in a Hawks uniform. No thanks.
how many 20 goal seasons does Bickell have?

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Penner still is bad and totally out of shape. Nothing looks to be changed soon. Penner got his money and will sign a cheap deal for 1 year with a bottom feeder team. I can see him going the route that Calder had to go

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:17 PM
massey1984

Jason Garrison...very underrated defenseman. He was a +6 on a team that was -24 as a whole. He averaged ~24 minutes a night on FLA's top pairing with Campbell. Solid defensively and plus on offense with a booming shot. He is the ideal 3rd defenseman for the Hawks. If the can't get Garrison, Jackman and O'Brien are next on my list.

Adam Burish...I really miss the aggravation factor he brings and the other little things he does. He was solid face-off guy for Dallas in 2011-12. Carcillo-Burish-Beach would be a 4th line that drives opponents crazy. My back-up options are Derek MacKenzie and Zenon Konopka who are also aggravating players that are solid in the dot.

massey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
how many 20 goal seasons does Bickell have?
How many does Frolik have? What does this have to do with anything?

Penner is basically Bickell with a higher salary, with maybe slightly better offense, less defense.

No thanks.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:02 PM
HawksTillDeath

Saad - Toews - Sharp
Penner - Kane - Hossa
Morin - Bolland - Shaw
Carcillo - McClement - Beach

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Jackman
Garrison - Montador

Thomas
Emery

WOW

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:27 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
Saad - Toews - Sharp
Penner - Kane - Hossa
Morin - Bolland - Shaw
Carcillo - McClement - Beach

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Jackman
Garrison - Montador

Thomas
Emery

WOW
lol @ Leddy making the second pair over Garrison.

MTP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:53 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Leddy had a damned good second season. He seems to have lost some swagger towards the end of the season, but who didn't even watching that squad. Definitely top-four.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:56 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Leddy had a damned good second season. He seems to have lost some swagger towards the end of the season, but who didn't even watching that squad. Definitely top-four.
Simply, no.

Leddy had an up and down season, he's great rushing the puck up the ice and has good poise in the offensive zone and a good shot but he's lost in his own end for the most part and brutal on the back check.

His ceiling is a second pairing D man. Right now he's a 3rd pairing D man who should be restricted to even strength starts, mostly in the offensive end and PP.

Old
04-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Tayvaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Garrison is probably going to get something between 4 and 5 million/year, he needs to be in the top 4 to justify that.

Tayvaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:03 PM
coldsteelonice84

Leddy and Garrison together IMO. I mean, you have Jackman there too, who would be a perfect partner for Leddy. Can't really go wrong. There is no point in arguing. If we have that type of a group, we'll win a lot of games. And that is knowing you trade Hammer for some serious help somewhere else. I like the direction that roster takes us, good job.

EDIT-Except for having Emery, he just need to go, and furthermore, Thomas/Emery combo is asking for trouble, mainly because Thomas only starts about 55 games a year typically and if we kept Emery, best to get a guy capable of playing 75+ so as to limit the damage as much as humanly possible.

Old
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Leddy and Garrison together IMO. I mean, you have Jackman there too, who would be a perfect partner for Leddy. Can't really go wrong. There is no point in arguing. If we have that type of a group, we'll win a lot of games. And that is knowing you trade Hammer for some serious help somewhere else. I like the direction that roster takes us, good job.

EDIT-Except for having Emery, he just need to go, and furthermore, Thomas/Emery combo is asking for trouble, mainly because Thomas only starts about 55 games a year typically and if we kept Emery, best to get a guy capable of playing 75+ so as to limit the damage as much as humanly possible.
If we get Thomas, I don't expect Emery to still be on the team, but I would have no problem if he was.

You say Thomas starts about 55 games. Emery played 34 games this year, to the tune of a 15-9-4, leaving 48 games for Thomas. So it'd be fine to keep him. Especially if those improvements to our defense work out the way you think they will.

Truth is, if we're trading for a goalie, I'd rather try to get Kiprusoff. I think his price will be lower and his play will be more consistent.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:35 PM
coldsteelonice84

I really like Thomas/Crawford, don't get locked in on a contract, a backup who can start if need be, then you can just keep Thomas around and let him play as much as possible over the years until he gets beat out or retires. I love the idea of trading for Tim Thomas. Also like Kipper a lot but not the contract. But yes, Kipper is on the very short list of guys you could keep Emery around with and it could be palatable.

Old
04-26-2012, 07:39 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Simply, no.

Leddy had an up and down season, he's great rushing the puck up the ice and has good poise in the offensive zone and a good shot but he's lost in his own end for the most part and brutal on the back check.

His ceiling is a second pairing D man. Right now he's a 3rd pairing D man who should be restricted to even strength starts, mostly in the offensive end and PP.
Leddy did have a damn good second season. The strides he made were impressive. To go from 7 points to 37, that's a big jump.

He was up and down, but all things considered, he had a very good season. He'll continue to improve.

Old
04-26-2012, 10:52 PM
giza

Free Agents

I would love to get Garrison in the mix. Would he be a good pairing with Hammer though? The other guys I would target are Gaustad, but only if he's not asking for too much. I'd like to stick him in front of the net during the PP. I REALLY like the idea of the kid from Pittsburgh Engelland (sp??). He would be an amazing 3rd pairing guy. Exactly the type of player the Hawks need back there. I see this:

Carcillo Toews Kane
Stalberg Kruger Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Frolik
Mayers-Gaustad-Shaw-Bollig

Seabrook/Keith
Garrison/Hjallmarson
Leddy/Engelland/Lopesti/Olsen

giza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:22 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post

Personally, I think Hjalmarsson is a good partner for Leddy. Or even seabrook if they went with keith/hjalmarsson leddy/seabrook. I think the handedness of the guys prevents that though.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:38 AM
DontToewzMeBro

Seabrook,Bolland,Lalonde for Kessel, Bozak
Offer sheet Suter
Trade Emery, CHI 2nd, K.Beach for Bernier/pick

Saad-Toews-Sharp
Kessel-Kane-Hossa
Stalberg-Bozak-Shaw
Bickell-Kruger-Carcillo