HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

best free agents for hawks 2012

Old
04-27-2012, 02:20 AM
Sevanston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Seabrook,Bolland,Lalonde for Kessel, Bozak - Absolutely not
Offer sheet Suter - Can't offer sheet anyone without the picks lost in the Oduya trade
Trade Emery, CHI 2nd, K.Beach for Bernier/pick - I'd be down. LA wouldn't.
There were a couple of issues with your plan.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:23 AM
sketch22

vCash: 50
Centers: Stoll (LA), D MacKenzie (CBJ)
Left Wingers : Penner (LA)
Right Wingers: D Jones (COL), D Moss (CAL)
Defensemen: B Allen (CAR), Jackman (STL), M Gilroy (OTT)

Not much else I want in the free agent market that is realistic (ie not Suter or Parise).

If Stanbow wants to add quality veterans he may have to look at the trade market, but there is no guarantee anyone will be available and cost effective there either.

sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:11 AM
bulletwwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Trade Emery, CHI 2nd, K.Beach for Bernier/pick
You know I'm surprised no one else has said this. Is there any other reason than LA prolly asking for a king's ransom why anyone wouldn't do it?

bulletwwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 05:52 AM
RomersWorld*

Maybe we can trick Talon into a Beach+/Markstrom deal.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:34 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Offer sheet Suter
good idea

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:29 AM
DontToewzMeBro

Penner-Toews-Sharp
Shaw-Kane-Hossa
Frolik-Bolland-Clowe
Bickell-Kruger-Bollig

Seabrook-Keith
Hammer-Leddy
Oduya-Monty
Olsen-Lepisto

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:00 PM
salty justice

I'd take a flyer on Tootoo should he be available July 1st.

If someone could control him he'd be a force on the 4th line.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:00 PM
digdug41982

Yeah, Tootoo would be a good pickup.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:24 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

Technically, they can offer-sheet Suter, but only if they offer him $8M/year, as it would losing only 1st rd picks.

If no one did it to Stamkos last summer (if they did, he didn't sign it so no one heard about it), I doubt anyone will do it for Suter.

edit: Suter's a UFA, Weber's the RFA.

Last edited by JSmith81x: 04-27-2012 at 04:31 PM.
JSmith81x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:29 PM
digdug41982

Are you guys talking about Weber?

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 05:07 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Dustin Penner - Jonathan Toews - Brandon Saad
Patrick Sharp - Patrick Kane - Marian Hossa
Andrew Shaw - Jimmy Slater - Bryan Bickell
Jimmy Hayes - Paul Gaustad - Daniel Carcillo
Phillip Danault/Brandon Bollig/Jeremy Morin

Ryan Suter - Nick Leddy
Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook
Nicklas Hjalmarsson - Justin Schultz
Sheldon Souray - Dylan Olsen

Corey Crawford
Ray Emery

assuming the cap goes up $2-3 million...but who really knows right now..

traded - Stalberg, Bolland, Montador, Kruger and Frolik - free'd up space and brought back some picks/prospects

didnt resign - Oduya, Morrison, Brunette, Lepisto, Mayers, SOD...

Players signed - Ryan Suter, Jimmy Slater, Paul Gaustad, Sheldon Souray, Dustin Penner, and Justin Schultz (he picked the Hawks because he wanted to play for a cup favorite )

This team is very well balanced! Addressed the needs on defense bigtime by getting 3 possible point men on the power play, as well as Suter who can help take ice time and pressure off of Keith.

The offense will be fine without Stalberg and Bolland...giving a few of our young guys a shot while hoping Penner rebounds to another 20 goal season, and Slater is a workhorse with heart...

I would love to see this squad come October

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Blackhawksgrl65

Was saying this all this year and throughout the trading deadline: Go Pick up Ryan Suter. This would be a great addition to our D-core, and would help out with special teams alot. Could be that PP anchor we are looking for. C'mon Stan, make it happen! We Want Suter!

Blackhawksgrl65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Slvrdwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletwwings View Post
You know I'm surprised no one else has said this. Is there any other reason than LA prolly asking for a king's ransom why anyone wouldn't do it?
ive been a firm proponent of this for a long time, he would be a perfect target to go after.

Also, anyone think the hawks could land J. Staal without dumping any of the core? i wouldn't touch toews, kane, sharp, hossa, keith, seabrook or saad. I flirted with the idea of sending sharp out for him earlier under the impression the improved defensive security and rather large faceoff bonus that comes with Staal would have a noticeable impact, but that was shot down pretty fast lol.

Slvrdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

I am certain the price for J Staal would be Sharp and probably not stop there. You just don't give away centers in this league.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:08 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Dustin Penner - Jonathan Toews - Brandon Saad
Andrew Shaw - Jimmy Slater - Bryan Bickell
Jimmy Hayes - Paul Gaustad - Daniel Carcillo
Phillip Danault/Brandon Bollig/Jeremy Morin

Ryan Suter - Nick Leddy

Corey Crawford
Ray Emery

assuming the cap goes up $2-3 million...but who really knows right now..

traded - Stalberg, Bolland, Montador, Kruger and Frolik - free'd up space and brought back some picks/prospects

didnt resign - Oduya, Morrison, Brunette, Lepisto, Mayers, SOD...

Players signed - Ryan Suter, Jimmy Slater, Paul Gaustad, Sheldon Souray, Dustin Penner, and Justin Schultz (he picked the Hawks because he wanted to play for a cup favorite )

This team is very well balanced! Addressed the needs on defense bigtime by getting 3 possible point men on the power play, as well as Suter who can help take ice time and pressure off of Keith.

The offense will be fine without Stalberg and Bolland...giving a few of our young guys a shot while hoping Penner rebounds to another 20 goal season, and Slater is a workhorse with heart...

I would love to see this squad come October
Why would you trade Bolland and Kruger to bring in Slater, a career 4th liner, to be our third line centre?

Bolland >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Slater
Kruger >>>> Slater

You have Sheldon Souray as the 7th Dman, which doesn't make sense. He's not signing anywhere to be a scratch and the bottom-6 looks like absolute ****. You'd be lucky to get 40 goals from all those players combined.

Edit: That's a 10th place team, at best. Too much pressure on the likes of Penner and Saad to produce, with no cushion from the bottom-6 if they fail. I have high hopes for Saad, you'd be lucky to get 15 goals out of Penner.. and like I said, you're not getting much of anything from the bottom half of your roster.

Sure, the defense is stronger and Crawford should be better next year.. but this is a team that would struggle to make the playoffs.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:03 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Why would you trade Bolland and Kruger to bring in Slater, a career 4th liner, to be our third line centre?

Kruger >>>> Slater

You have Sheldon Souray as the 7th Dman, which doesn't make sense. He's not signing anywhere to be a scratch and the bottom-6 looks like absolute ****. You'd be lucky to get 40 goals from all those players combined.

Edit: That's a 10th place team, at best. Too much pressure on the likes of Penner and Saad to produce, with no cushion from the bottom-6 if they fail. I have high hopes for Saad, you'd be lucky to get 15 goals out of Penner.. and like I said, you're not getting much of anything from the bottom half of your roster.

Sure, the defense is stronger and Crawford should be better next year.. but this is a team that would struggle to make the playoffs.
didnt trade Bolland and Kruger for Slater....they got dumped to bring in Ryan Suter...a much bigger piece to fill.

Slater above Kruger every day of the week, 3 times on Sunday...

Souray is going to be a main fixture on the power play, his role at even strength will be nowhere near top 4...just put him where ever you like it doesnt matter where he is listed at as long as his role is known...

the bottom 6 looks like ****?? its pretty much the same damn bottom 6 minus Bolland and Kruger this year...so Slater cant replace all of Bolland's 19 goals, no heart, no face off talent, and sometimes plays defence??? really?

Gaustad is a monster upgrade over everything we have had this year. You add Gaustad to this team, our face off % rockets up, are weak ass non physical play goes up, our pk goes up big time, and he scores some goals as well...yeah what a terrible guy to have in the bottom 6...

Saad and Penner can perform with the talent they are lined up with...I am very confident in 15 goals plus from both....I dont need miracles, just outperform Brunette and Frolik which wont be too hard to do.

10th team at best? hahahahahahaha. we added Ryan Suter, Sheldon Souray, and Justin Schultz to the backend. that would be the #1 defensive core in the West...

we then add smart, reliable, and gritty guys like Gaustad and Slater...with a big winger like Penner and now this team is 10th?? come on man, wake up from la la land.

Dave Bolland is so overrated its getting pathetic on here. the guy is a ghost half of the time, and if you wouldnt move Bolland to make room for Suter there is something majorly wrong with your noodle.

This offense is more then fine, infact I like it a hell of a lot better top to bottom then what we iced this year. I dont need to stare at Brunette and Frolik sucking up the joint. Kruger and his pathetic lack of a shot or offensive skill...Morrison and Mayers playing any type of roles outside of 6 minutes a night...

My bottom 6 outperforms this years bottom 6..and I have no doubts about it. Yes I am relying on Saad and Penner to produce, but what the **** is the point of drafting and signing guys if you cant give them a chance to show what they got. you act like it would be impossible to trade and upgrade if Saad or Penner doesnt deliver...

Old
04-28-2012, 01:13 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post

Kruger >>>> Slater

I am also sure you were one of the guys laughing at Holmgren for all the stupid moves he made...

I mean come on, what team can rely on all those young guys to produce

I mean come on, why trade away underperforming stars for guys that are young and hungry and looking for a chance

you cant predict the future, and people that continually assume players wont produce are usually the ones to look like fools long term...

Saad and Penner need to just outperform Brunette and Frolik to be big upgrades for this team...not hard to do...

Old
04-28-2012, 01:22 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

here I will change it up a bit since I didnt even need to move Stalberg to fit these guys on this roster...

here is my dream 2012-13 Hawks

Viktor Stalberg - Jonathan Toews - Brandon Saad
Dustin Penner - Jimmy Slater - Bryan Bickell
Andrew Shaw - Paul Gaustad - Daniel Carcillo
Jimmy Hayes

rotate -Phillip Danault/Brandon Bollig/Jeremy Morin

Ryan Suter - Nick Leddy

Corey Crawford
Ray Emery

How this team cant challenge for a deep playoffs would be beyond me. this roster fits with a $64 mil cap space team...just gave Suter $7.0 mil a year...but still had some wiggle room....

come on Scotty.....get er done!

Old
04-28-2012, 01:43 AM
tdfxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey1984 View Post
Jason Garrison...very underrated defenseman. He was a +6 on a team that was -24 as a whole. He averaged ~24 minutes a night on FLA's top pairing with Campbell. Solid defensively and plus on offense with a booming shot. He is the ideal 3rd defenseman for the Hawks. If the can't get Garrison, Jackman and O'Brien are next on my list.

Adam Burish...I really miss the aggravation factor he brings and the other little things he does. He was solid face-off guy for Dallas in 2011-12. Carcillo-Burish-Beach would be a 4th line that drives opponents crazy. My back-up options are Derek MacKenzie and Zenon Konopka who are also aggravating players that are solid in the dot.
Still reading the thread but why did we let Burish go for about 1M at the time to sign guys to his role for more money? I don't get Jr.

tdfxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:46 AM
tdfxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by giza View Post
I would love to get Garrison in the mix. Would he be a good pairing with Hammer though? The other guys I would target are Gaustad, but only if he's not asking for too much. I'd like to stick him in front of the net during the PP. I REALLY like the idea of the kid from Pittsburgh Engelland (sp??). He would be an amazing 3rd pairing guy. Exactly the type of player the Hawks need back there. I see this:

Carcillo Toews Kane
Stalberg Kruger Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Frolik
Mayers-Gaustad-Shaw-Bollig

Seabrook/Keith
Garrison/Hjallmarson
Leddy/Engelland/Lopesti/Olsen
YES YES YES on Garrison. We don't have that big shot, we haven't for years. we talk abotu the Hawks and it is always, we don't have a D man with a slap shot. Seabs is the closest and look how good he is for us.

Would love Garrison and Jackman and trade hammer for something else.

tdfxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:49 AM
HawksTillDeath

Saad Toews Sharp
Penner Kane Hossa
Bickell Bolland Shaw
Carcillo McClement Beach

Keith Seabrook
Leddy Jackman
Garrisson Montador

Kipper
Emery

DONE

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 08:11 AM
arsenalgooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
Saad Toews Sharp
Penner Kane Hossa
Bickell Bolland Shaw
Carcillo McClement Beach

Keith Seabrook
Leddy Jackman
Garrisson Montador

Kipper
Emery

DONE
Your fourth line just feels like there would be a pk needed at some point each time those guys were on the ice!

arsenalgooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:24 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I really wanted Jagr last year and that hasn't changed. Bring him in. He's playing like a ****ing beast in the playoffs, I'm really impressed.
JAGR he wants to stay in the East guy is a sissy as far as wanting to play for the Hawks or Wings.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:27 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdfxman View Post
Still reading the thread but why did we let Burish go for about 1M at the time to sign guys to his role for more money? I don't get Jr.
**** you don't get it. Burish let him go. I liked Burish had to let him go at 1m sorry. disagree

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Dustin Penner - Jimmy Slater - Bryan Bickell
worst line in the NHL next year if this would come true

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote