Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Burmi interview (Russian translation)

Old
04-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Crazed Fan

vCash: 500
Burmi interview (Russian translation)

Dont know how many have read this but it is pretty great.

"... and from under his cap wet hair emerge. You come in "Volgar", and there you have no hair..."

Seems like Burmi likes it here.

if this has already been posted, my apologies.

http://sport.rambler.ru/news/icehockey/593186715.html

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 04-25-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added link
Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Crazed Fan

sorry for the wait on this...

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:16 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
any way you can translate it?

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Hank Chinaski
Above Paverage

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
You can cut and paste the entire article into Google Translate (for copyright reasons, we can't post the entire translated article here, only an excerpt). If you have Chrome, it should translate the article automatically.

Btw, I love how this translated:

Quote:
(Interviewer): Were there any cases that the fans were getting so strong, that I wanted to send them to hell?

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Translated link:

http://translate.google.com/translat...5.html&act=url

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

http://translate.google.com/translat...593186715.html

Quote:
As for Winnipeg, and I even felt the cold here somewhere. Snow is not so much and keep warm. All this and just happy. They say, they say, you're lucky, you even can not imagine what the cold in Winnipeg! We do not even know - is it not this cold in Winnipeg? No one here is not in any zhivet ice houses. ALL good. All the boys love it here.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:23 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post

Thank you! on my phone so that helps out a lot

Old
04-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Hank Chinaski
Above Paverage

Thanks WJG and Gump.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:30 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
- Were there any cases that the fans were getting so strong, that I wanted to send them to hell?

- No, this was not. Yes, they are annoying here, but ALL the time still left to live (smeetsya). So much they did not pressure. It's me they like it. There are, of course, that crossed the line, but that's okay. While the young exist yet, you can handle it.
What a loaded question

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Huffer

vCash: 240
I think I got the gist of it. But man, I need someone to translate the translation!

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Gm0ney

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Wow...it's like the first 10 minutes of Trainspotting, where I know it's English, but I can't quite make out what they're saying.

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 01:14 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

lol next year Burmi will send all 29 other NHL teams to hell!!!!

Old
04-25-2012, 01:58 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I think I got the gist of it. But man, I need someone to translate the translation!
Maybe the translation is really good but Burmi's Russian is really poor

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 01:59 PM
angrymnky

This is the best interview I've read in a while. Need more Russian interviews.

angrymnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:21 PM
castle
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 297
I remember meetin gsome guys from Northern Ireland. couldn't understand anything they were saying even though they were speaking English. trainspotting for sure. or Brad Pitt's role in that movie where he's a gypsy boxer.

Quote:
In a recent interview you said that in Canada about you no one really knows what you are happy. Why are you all from the "hiding"?

- Yes, I do not know why. So just calm down, I think. About me a little bit, and so people know better. If many of you know, ALL is quite different. When you constantly monitor for - it's not for me.

castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:39 PM
ps241
Get on board Sip :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Wow...it's like the first 10 minutes of Trainspotting, where I know it's English, but I can't quite make out what they're saying.
I sense if I had 10 or 12 pints this would make total sense.......when I traveled through Europe I had trouble with the thick Irish, thick Scottish, cockney, scouse, and the working class Manchester lads. These are all tough pick ups but I will say extreme drinking helps with both the presenter and listener

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by castle View Post
I remember meetin gsome guys from Northern Ireland. couldn't understand anything they were saying even though they were speaking English. trainspotting for sure. or Brad Pitt's role in that movie where he's a gypsy boxer.
haha, Snatch. Good movie! "I hate Pikeys.."

Kinjero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
My brain hurts.

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:08 PM
tntkid

Did Yoda write the translation.

Burmistrov is a a very nice guy & treats the local fans like gold.

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
My brain hurts.
Mine too!! I Smell Burnt Toast!

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM
FlamesThrashersJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Hi guys!
The Google translation was not accurate, here is a more accurate translation of the interview. The Russian language is very wide and full of different dialects, just as the country itself. Hope y'all get a better understanding!

Interview

Burmistrov: "In Bryzgalovís home town, hair froze"
03.09.2012 11:05 | AllHockey.Ru

In the first part of his open interview AllHockey.Ru the "Winnipeg" forward, Alexander Burmistrov, talked about his feelings of his team moving, and commented on the cold weather where Ilya Bryzgalov played before...

- In a recent interview you said that no one in Canada really knows of you, and that you are happy they donít. Why in the world are you ďhidingĒ from everybody?
- Yes, I do not know why. Itís probably calmer that way, I think. Not many know of me, which is good. If many people know about you, everything becomes quite different. When youíre constantly being watched and followed - it's not for me.

- But you're playing in Canada! A crowd of journalists and fans doesnít run around you? That is somehow hard to believe.
- What do you mean they donít run around me? They do. Wherever I go - the restaurant or anywhere else - everyone somehow finds out. After the games, children and their parents run up to take a picture. Itís all there. Now, if they knew more about me, I cannot even imagine what would have happened (laughing). Itís plenty.

- Do you get tired from such attention after Atlanta? It was definitely not like that over there.
- It wasnít like that at all in Atlanta! Only on away games. Once we go out of state and stop at a hotel, there are always fans at the entrance begging for autographs. But in Atlanta, this has never really happened. It is very rare, definitely not comparable with Winnipeg. For instance, here, we had an autograph session yesterday. Usually about 50-100 people show up for other guys, but we had thousands come for us! I spent four hours there and still didnít have enough time to give everyone an autograph.

- Were there any cases where fans got so rowdy you wanted to send them away?
- No, this hasnít happened. Yes, some get annoying, but they still give me some space (laughing). They donít put too much pressure on me, which I like. It happens, of course, some cross the line, but that's okay. I can handle it while Iím still young.

- Youíve played in Canada before - in Barry. How is that city different from Winnipeg, besides its size?
- It seems to me that Winnipeg is exactly what I expected from the NHL. That's the way it should be. Everything revolves around you, the atmosphere is completely different... Barry was about the same. Also too much hype, people recognize you in person on the street and so on. We then had a good team - we were always at the top in the standings. But Winnipeg is still special. How long since there was a good hockey team? 15 years? Everyone here is crazy for hockey. And not only do they watch it, they really know what is going on. They always say the right things.

- For a Russian fan, "WinnipegĒ is a special team. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, many of our compatriots played for the "Jets", since the club management at the time had much sympathy for the Europeans. Now, Sergei Bautin, Eugene Davydov, and many others think well of Winnipeg. It is said that Russian hockey players are favored there. Has this changed attitude in 15 years?
- We, as a team, have a good attitude towards everybody. Yes, even to those who are no longer on the team. All very well remember and relate to Zhamnov and Khabibulin. Many come to the matches in old jerseys, and I often see Zhamnov jerseys. Local fans have great respect for Russians.

- Do you see lots of people wearing your jerseys?
- Quite a lot, actually. I was recently told that my shirts are no longer being sold Ė all sold out. More need to be ordered.

- Is there a lot of pressure on "Winnipeg" since the team is back in town after such a long break?
- It is very different. Everyone wants us to win the Stanley Cup on the first season (smiles). Speaking for myself, this being my second season, there is a different attitude towards me. Iím no longer viewed as a novice, but as a team leader, who must score goals, gain points, and bring victory. The team believes in itself. We are currently in the playoffs and fighting for first place in our division. We have great chances of winning. We have a good team and the fans see it, and therefore require more of us.

- To many, Winnipeg is now inextricably linked with statements of Ilya Bryzgalov. Remember how he said that itís freezing in Winnipeg, and much warmer in Togliatti? Do you agree with his statements or would you challenge him on that?
- I played for half a year in Togliatti, you know. I would not say that itís warmer there. In fact, itís colder than in Winnipeg. There are two ice rinks - "Torpedo" and "Volgar". Visitors trained in the "Torpedo". And we ate in the "Volgar". And I remember walking after a workout in the winter, with wet hair under a hat. You come to the "Volgar" and your hair turns into icicles! So itís rather cold in Togliatti.
As for Winnipeg, I havenít even felt the cold here. It doesnít snow much and itís usually warm Ė makes everyone happy. They say, you're lucky, you donít even imagine how cold it gets in Winnipeg! But we donít even know Ė does it even get cold in Winnipeg? No one here lives in igloos or anything. Itís all perfect. The guys love it here.

- What is there to do in Winnipeg? In Atlanta, you could go to an NBA game, a concert...
- There are concerts in Winnipeg too! (Laughing) There are things to do. It's just we have such a tight schedule Ė games, trips... No time for anything. I return home from training, sleep, rest up, eat at a restaurant in the evening - by the way, there are many of good restaurants here - and thatís it.

- Most of the current "Winnipeg" is last year's "Atlanta". Now, when ĺ of the season is over, can you note some differences between the two teams?
- Last year, before New Years, we were in second place in the conference - we played very well. And then we faced a serious failure. We won but two games in January and because of this, fell behind. But this year, it seems to me that the fans we have simply wonít allow us to lose as many games (laughing). We are constantly being talked about. We even discussed this with the guys on the team Ė everyone is tired of not getting into the playoffs and going on an early vacation. Everyone wants to play in the playoffs. In addition, we have many young players who have never played in the playoffs. We want to play there, to compete, to try it out - the playoffs.

- At the beginning of the season could you predict about "Winnipeg" competing for the playoffs in March, or was this a pleasant surprise?
- I think itís what all of us had hoped for. Although I have heard, that the management just wanted the team to spend a decent season. No one really seemed to be thinking about getting into the playoffs, although we, as a team, think about it all the time, to this day. We really want to get into the playoffs. I would say that none of the players never even thought about not getting into the playoffs. From the beginning of the season, everyone was focused on getting into the playoffs. Everyone really wants to play there.

FlamesThrashersJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Jet
Band of Beavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesThrashersJets View Post
Hi guys!
The Google translation was not accurate, here is a more accurate translation of the interview. The Russian language is very wide and full of different dialects, just as the country itself. Hope y'all get a better understanding!
Thank you! Makes much more sense

04-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Klaus
Teemu!

Thanks for the proper translation FlamesThrashersJets! Nice interview-- I like that bit where Burmi asks if it actually even gets cold in Winnipeg. winter really was ridiculously mild this year.

Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:10 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
Thanks for the proper translation FlamesThrashersJets! Nice interview-- I like that bit where Burmi asks if it actually even gets cold in Winnipeg. winter really was ridiculously mild this year.
Bryzy complains about the cold here - Burmi laughs at it. Love it.

DespoticNewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Jet
Band of Beavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking - I think the Jets are going to be in for quite a shock

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote