HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey Backpacks!

Old
02-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Squidriss

vCash: 500
Hockey Backpacks!

Aight so heres the dealio.. I need a hockey backpack to replace my over shoulder bag since i walk about 2k to school and back home. I have hockey gym class and its starting to wear on me carrying that thing for that long. Is there any store in London ON that you guys know would sell them? I tried the hockey giant website but shipping to canada is 40 dollars thats garbage.

Squidriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:32 PM
vapor11

I was looking at them online from US retailers for a few months but didn't order because of shipping costs..I ended up picking up a Reebok 10k bag from Canadian Tire..they seem to have fixed it now but originally on the CT website they had the Reebok 6k listed for $90 and did not have the 10k..in the CT I went too they had the 10k in place of the 6ks for $90 and I had an associate pricecheck it to make sure and it was priced correct..and ended up getting the Reebok 10k wheelbag for $90 CDN which is approx the same as US retailers sell it for

To be honest thought the bag has been more of a hassle then my older style one..Even with the large size of the 10k I have to put my equipment in certain order.. starting with my shinpads going inside my hockey pants(which means after playing I have to throw helmet,gloves etc on the floor until I get everything off)..With the slushy winter parking lots I haven't used the wheels in months..All things considered I would go back to a normal style bag if I didn't just spend $100 on this thing a few months ago

vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:19 AM
madmutter
I heff to be med

PHL has this, free shipping if you spend $100. I think they have stores about an hour drive from you though.

http://www.prohockeylife.com/hockey-...key-bag-p-4987

madmutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Stickmata

I used a large, non-wheeled Reebok backpack bag for a while and hated it. With full gear in it, it was too bulky and didn't sit well on my back. Much easier to just throw a standard back over my shoulder through the arm straps.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

My Misson backup is kinda small but it's far lighter and easier to maneuver than a bag. Weight on two shoulders instead of one, centered on my back instead of off to the side, and takes up a lot less space in the car.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Squidriss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
My Misson backup is kinda small but it's far lighter and easier to maneuver than a bag. Weight on two shoulders instead of one, centered on my back instead of off to the side, and takes up a lot less space in the car.
Where did you get yours from ?

Old
02-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Squidriss

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmutter View Post
PHL has this, free shipping if you spend $100. I think they have stores about an hour drive from you though.

http://www.prohockeylife.com/hockey-...key-bag-p-4987
This is good but they only have the warrior bag? i like it but come on 69.99?! for a bag?!

Old
02-18-2012, 10:29 AM
shawn1331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidriss View Post
This is good but they only have the warrior bag? i like it but come on 69.99?! for a bag?!
Thats about average for a bag. Personally I hate the backpack bags because they're so awkward to pack and carry.

shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Squidriss

Saw i a easton hockey backpack at sportchek for 49.99 gonna probably pick it up next pay day.. Interestingly enough there was also a warrior hockey backpack beside it for 119.99. It was the same size and dimensions as the easton, i think it had an extra pocket : . I just dont understand how they can sell a BAG for that much. im not cheap or anything im just a student

Old
04-26-2012, 04:33 PM
steev182

Anyone wearing XL size equipment have a backpack that can fit all their stuff?

I need to find a bag and as I don't have a car over here yet, I'll be taking public transport, so it'll be easier with a backpack...

steev182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:54 AM
dpixel8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
I used a large, non-wheeled Reebok backpack bag for a while and hated it. With full gear in it, it was too bulky and didn't sit well on my back. Much easier to just throw a standard back over my shoulder through the arm straps.

came in here to post this. Used it for maybe 2 weeks and sold it. Hated it so much.

dpixel8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:35 AM
mug25

TotalHockey.net has free shipping for orders over $75....not sure if that's to Canada too but I'm sure you can find some sites on Google that are based in Canada.

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote