HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jagr

Old
05-03-2012, 10:28 PM
BrookswasHere44

vCash: 500
Jagr

Look past the fact that im a Pens as he IS NOT / WILL NOT be on the Pens..i read a report from a "source" on prohockeytalk.com...its an NBC app on my phone..anyway the "source" says Carle is more of a priority than Jagr as far as signings. So where does a soonish to be 41 year old end up? Was this his NHL swan song?
Thoughts?

BrookswasHere44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Flat Stanley

He wants to play next year and my guess is that he wants to stay a Flyer.

He will sign for 1 year at $2 million,

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:57 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Carle's going to walk, Jagr will likely re-sign.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

I would say Detroit, but he didn't go there last summer. He took more money to go to Philadelphia. Don't think Detroit would be back in on him. Pittsburgh is OUT period. It would definitely have to be a team with Stanley Cup aspirations and obviously a team that he would be a fit on. Philly would probably still be in the mix and I believe he will stay there. Maybe Boston, Chicago, St. Louis, New Jersey? Not sure. But I think he returns for another season. I think he sign a 1 year contract worth roughly $2-3 million.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

1 year $3 mil

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Kershaw

To NY for 1 mil.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
To NY for 1 mil.
There are teams that Jagr would be interested in that would offer him more than that.

I know money isn't everything, but I guarantee you Flyers can open up $1 000 000 to bring back Jagr.

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:25 PM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsnRosesPenguins91 View Post
I would say Detroit, but he didn't go there last summer. He took more money to go to Philadelphia. Don't think Detroit would be back in on him.
please explain that logic.......
seeing as how philly is still alive in the play-offs, that means they are a cup contending team. so leaving philly for a "cup contender" is a pretty silly thought.
maybe he will sign with jersey if they knock philly out.........

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
seeing as how philly is still alive in the play-offs, that means they are a cup contending team. so leaving philly for a "cup contender" is a pretty silly thought.
Maybe, in the middle of game 5, he'll rip off his Flyers jersey and reveal a Devils jersey, showing that HE'S BEEN ON THE DEVILS ALL ALONG. And then he'll Tombstone Giroux to the delight of the Prudential Center.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:08 AM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

I could even see him ending up in Alberta.

1. Edmonton : Tom Renney connection + Ales Hemsky. He also was flattered by Edmonton and said he'd like to play there bc they showed interest in him.

2. Calgary: Roman Cervenka apparently is a good friend of Jagr.

Then again he could end up on a random team like he did on last year. Who knows he could Dean Lombardi's consolation prize when he fails to sign his big fish.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:26 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsnRosesPenguins91 View Post
I would say Detroit, but he didn't go there last summer. He took more money to go to Philadelphia. Don't think Detroit would be back in on him. Pittsburgh is OUT period. It would definitely have to be a team with Stanley Cup aspirations and obviously a team that he would be a fit on. Philly would probably still be in the mix and I believe he will stay there. Maybe Boston, Chicago, St. Louis, New Jersey? Not sure. But I think he returns for another season. I think he sign a 1 year contract worth roughly $2-3 million.
Yes please. After watching 24/7 this past season, I think that Jagr did wonders for helping Giroux develop a killer instinct.

I'd love to see Jagr do the same in St. Louis.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Mister Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
There are teams that Jagr would be interested in that would offer him more than that.

I know money isn't everything, but I guarantee you Flyers can open up $1 000 000 to bring back Jagr.
Money is everything to Jagr. I don't know how he's doing now, but he's had a lot of issues in the past and lost a ton money. His house in Pittsburgh was about to put up for sale for him not paying the tax on it. Yes, it is about money.

Mister Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
Carle's going to walk, Jagr will likely re-sign.
I don't think that would be a smart move from by Philly.

Matt Carle is 27, he can skate, move the puck and block shots.

Jaromir Jagr is 40, he still has hands, I don't know if the speeds still there.

I'm sure Philly would like to keep both, and maybe they can. But Philly should really think hard about re-signing Carle.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:11 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
What if Jagr said he'd play for the Pens and actually followed through with it this time? Would Pittsburgh fans accept him back with open arms?

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
What if Jagr said he'd play for the Pens and actually followed through with it this time? Would Pittsburgh fans accept him back with open arms?

I don't see him playing for the Penguins or wanting to play for the Pens.

I guess I would, I mean he really didn't go to Philly to spite Pittsburgh, we didn't offer a lot of money to him and we pulled our offer, Philly had an offer that was good enough for him, he probably would have played for the Pens if we ponied up $3.3M

Old
05-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
Well, with the whole Jagr fiasco last year, it was reported he was down to 3 teams: Pittsburgh, Detroit, Montreal. He said he wanted to play for Pittsburgh, his heart was in Pittsburgh, owed it to Mario, blah, blah, blah. When free agency actually started, he was having "second thoughts". He strung Pittsburgh along, and they dropped out of the running on the earlier part on July 1st. Apparently he was asking for too much money. Shortly thereafter, Detroit was out of the running. Why? Possibly the same reason Pittsburgh was. Maybe others, but I would think it had to do with salary. Montreal was already out. That left Jagr with Philly-who was offering the most money. He said he wanted to go there to play with Giroux. I believe him, but I also believe the money had a little something to do with it too. So, if as the OP says that, "Jagr isn't as high priority as Carle" implying that he may be out of Philly, I was speculating where he would go. Is he going to Columbus? How about Calgary? Maybe Carolina? No, more than likely not. No disrespect to those teams, but he is probably going to want to have a chance at another Stanley Cup. He isn't going to go to a rebuilding team. Isn't Detroit a Cup contender year in and year out? Yes, so that's why I see Detroit a fit. Plus they seems to bring in older players at the end of their careers. But since Detroit was knocked out of the 1st round this year, they may look to re-tool and get younger. So Jagr to Detroit could happen, but I see it unlikely. Besides, I said I think he will stay in Philadelphia anyway and I think that is the best fit for him.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Human
cynic

to random team which offers the most...

Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I've wanted him in L.A. to play with Kopitar forever.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:16 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post

I'm sure Philly would like to keep both, and maybe they can. But Philly should really think hard about re-signing Carle.
All due respect, I've watched Matt Carle play for a few seasons....someone else can overpay him. It's not that he isn't useful or can't play, he's just not worth anywhere near the giant contract he's going to get from someone. He can skate and move the puck, but that's pretty much it. It's not an either/or thing with Carle and Jagr - Jagr will probably make 1/3 what Carle does and that will be a 1 year deal vs. a multiple year thing.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:30 PM
brunosevigny

I think he will resign with Philly. Would definitely offers him 1 year 3M to sign with the habs to play alongside Plekanec and get that chemistry from Vancouver Olympics.

brunosevigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Bryzard of Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post

By no means is Carle a bad defenseman but he is going to want too much money and someone other than the Flyers will give it to him (5 a year).

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Halifaxhab*

He'll have his choice of at least 5-6 teams and I bet he gets about the same $ he gets now

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:42 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz View Post
By no means is Carle a bad defenseman but he is going to want too much money and someone other than the Flyers will give it to him (5 a year).
Sadly, most every legit top 4 D-man is going to get near 5 mil in free agency from here on out. Drafting is more important than ever.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Next year will be his last year I reckon. He'll retire alongside Selanne next year.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote