HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

2012 Prospect Thread III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2012, 09:53 AM
  #126
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,591
vCash: 500
Larsson could end up being the best player of that amazing 2010 draft for the Wild.

Jarick is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:16 AM
  #127
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
You know, that has to be an extremely strange position for Larsson. The guy who is presumably going to be his captain in as little as 5 months (though perhaps a few years) is yelling and chirping at him in that sort of confrontation. Add in the natural Swede/Finn rivalry and that has to be a rather interesting dynamic.

squidz* is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:17 AM
  #128
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
You know, that has to be an extremely strange position for Larsson. The guy who is presumably going to be his captain in as little as 5 months (though perhaps a few years) is yelling and chirping at him in that sort of confrontation. Add in the natural Swede/Finn rivalry and that has to be a rather interesting dynamic.
I think they'll get over all that when they're on their way to winning the cup

usernam* is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:34 AM
  #129
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,904
vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Larsson could end up being the best player of that amazing 2010 draft for the Wild.
AINEC.

Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 01:35 PM
  #130
Al Lagoon
Registered User
 
Al Lagoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 766
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Larsson could end up being the best player of that amazing 2010 draft for the Wild.
Seems like the guy is 19 going on 30.

Al Lagoon is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 02:10 PM
  #131
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,591
vCash: 500
Coyle's playoff stat line today:

13gp 14g 15a

Jarick is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 02:11 PM
  #132
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,591
vCash: 500
Playoffs
PosNameHtWtAgeLeagueTeamGPGAPtsPIM+/-GPWGAASave
CCharlie Coyle6'220520.2QMJHLSaint John Sea Dogs131415296     
CZack Phillips6'017519.5QMJHLSaint John Sea Dogs13720274     
FMario Lucia6'218718.7BCJHLPenticton Vees15611172     
CTyler Graovac6'317919OHLOttawa 67's18461012     
LJohan Larsson5'1020019.8SELBrynas IF Gavle1627916     
LBrett Bulmer6'318520WHLKelowna Rockets314517     
     AHLHouston Aeros41122     
DJonas Brodin6'116618.8SELFarjestads BK Karlstad112026     
CMikael Granlund5'1018020.2SM-liigaHIFK Helsinki40220     
DJosh Caron6'221521.2WHLEverett Silvertips41014     
DColton Jobke6'017520WHLRegina Pats500010     
RMikko Lehtonen6'319625.1KHLCherepovets Severstal60000     
GDennis Endras6'016726.8SM-liigaHIFK Helsinki      4 2.38.926
GJohan Gustafsson6'220220.2SELLulea HF      3 3.36.884

Jarick is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 02:12 PM
  #133
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,296
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Coyle's playoff stat line today:

13gp 14g 15a
ridiculous.

rynryn is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:02 PM
  #134
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Coyle's playoff stat line today:

13gp 14g 15a
Phillips is just slacking. 13gp 7g 20a? Just barely over 2ppg? Just barely over 0.5gpg? Slack.

squidz* is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 04:30 PM
  #135
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Then you have Huberdeau at 13gp 9g 9a.

I get that he has more raw talent, and Coyle's style of play dominates the CHL, but I'm starting to feel like people are overrating Huberdeau.

usernam* is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 04:56 PM
  #136
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,904
vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
Then you have Huberdeau at 13gp 9g 9a.

I get that he has more raw talent, and Coyle's style of play dominates the CHL, but I'm starting to feel like people are overrating Huberdeau.
Maybe since he feels like hes playing second fiddle so he doesn't have to try as hard. Not even 1.5 ppg isn't too good given their opponents their first two rounds.

Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:39 PM
  #137
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,318
vCash: 500
I feel like slamming my head into the desk.

Why is it our prospects are so underrated?

If Haula was on another team, people would be gushing about him and calling him the biggest steal. Or if Larsson was on a Canadian team, people would be calling him the best 2nd round pick of his draft.

But nope on Minnesota they get completely ignored.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:45 PM
  #138
Minnesota
Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,718
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
I feel like slamming my head into the desk.

Why is it our prospects are so underrated?

If Haula was on another team, people would be gushing about him and calling him the biggest steal. Or if Larsson was on a Canadian team, people would be calling him the best 2nd round pick of his draft.

But nope on Minnesota they get completely ignored.
I don't feel like our prospects need attention.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:58 PM
  #139
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,450
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
I feel like slamming my head into the desk.

Why is it our prospects are so underrated?

If Haula was on another team, people would be gushing about him and calling him the biggest steal. Or if Larsson was on a Canadian team, people would be calling him the best 2nd round pick of his draft.

But nope on Minnesota they get completely ignored.
Who cares? We either show them up in a couple of years when they start performing, or we prove them right when they fall below expectations.

Avder is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:58 PM
  #140
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,281
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Playoffs
PosNameHtWtAgeLeagueTeamGPGAPtsPIM+/-GPWGAASave
CCharlie Coyle6'220520.2QMJHLSaint John Sea Dogs131415296     
CZack Phillips6'017519.5QMJHLSaint John Sea Dogs13720274     
FMario Lucia6'218718.7BCJHLPenticton Vees15611172     
CTyler Graovac6'317919OHLOttawa 67's18461012     
LJohan Larsson5'1020019.8SELBrynas IF Gavle1627916     
LBrett Bulmer6'318520WHLKelowna Rockets314517     
     AHLHouston Aeros41122     
DJonas Brodin6'116618.8SELFarjestads BK Karlstad112026     
CMikael Granlund5'1018020.2SM-liigaHIFK Helsinki40220     
DJosh Caron6'221521.2WHLEverett Silvertips41014     
DColton Jobke6'017520WHLRegina Pats500010     
RMikko Lehtonen6'319625.1KHLCherepovets Severstal60000     
GDennis Endras6'016726.8SM-liigaHIFK Helsinki      4 2.38.926
GJohan Gustafsson6'220220.2SELLulea HF      3 3.36.884
Lol at Bulmer's 17 PIM in just 3 games.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 08:09 PM
  #141
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Lol at Bulmer's 17 PIM in just 3 games.
All came in one game and doesn't include the one-game suspension that led from it.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:37 PM
  #142
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I don't feel like our prospects need attention.
No but it would need nice to get recognized on how well our organization has turned around.

At least THN has recognized that.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:39 PM
  #143
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,450
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
No but it would need nice to get recognized on how well our organization has turned around.

At least THN has recognized that.
Well they were doing just that this year up until we collapsed.

Avder is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:39 PM
  #144
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
No but it would need nice to get recognized on how well our organization has turned around.

At least THN has recognized that.
I'm not going to say this organization has turned around until our prospects show they can perform in the NHL.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:50 PM
  #145
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
I'm not going to say this organization has turned around until our prospects show they can perform in the NHL.
Bulmer, Hackett coming to mind. Granlund in the WC. Larsson in the WJC along with Brodin. Coyle and Zucker as well.

Spurgeron and Scandella.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 11:03 PM
  #146
Minnesota
Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,718
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Bulmer, Hackett coming to mind. Granlund in the WC. Larsson in the WJC along with Brodin. Coyle and Zucker as well.

Spurgeron and Scandella.
I wouldn't even count Bulmer and Hackett yet. They had short stints where they looked okay, but I'm not ready to count them as being "successful" in the NHL.

Just... Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 11:04 PM
  #147
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Bulmer, Hackett coming to mind. Granlund in the WC. Larsson in the WJC along with Brodin. Coyle and Zucker as well.

Spurgeron and Scandella.
Granlund, Larsson, Brodin, Coyle Haven't proven anything in the NHL.
Zucker and Bulmer and Hackett have shown promise but too small a sample size.
Scandy could be great if he can become consistent.
Spurgeon was solid this year.

Listen I love our prospect pool, I really do, but I'm not ready to say that our organization has been turned around until our prospects succeed at the NHL level.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 07:45 AM
  #148
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Holy Debbie Downers in this thread.

wah wah wah the organization hasn't turned around until [x]

Yep, and as soon as [x] happens, "the organization hasn't turned around until [y]."

It's okay to be happy about a facet of the team. It won't kill you. You won't keel over and die. It's irrefutable to say "the organization has turned around with regards to our prospect pool." Despite SoH's imminent attempt to tell us how fantastic our prospect pool was with Pouliot in it, this team has never had a farm system like it does today. The entire draft and develop mentality that Fletcher has instilled into this franchise is something unprecedented in team histor. This team actually has a plan, a blueprint they're trying to follow. Success of individual prospects or not, this team is completely different from those in its history, and failure to see that is pretty blatant unwillingness to accept progress and improvement.

squidz* is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 08:31 AM
  #149
melinko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 2551
SWE vs USA starting now.

Brodin and Larsson are both playing.

http://www.realtvsport.com/channel-4.php

Brodin #28, Larsson #10

melinko is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 08:43 AM
  #150
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Holy Debbie Downers in this thread.

wah wah wah the organization hasn't turned around until [x]

Yep, and as soon as [x] happens, "the organization hasn't turned around until [y]."

It's okay to be happy about a facet of the team. It won't kill you. You won't keel over and die. It's irrefutable to say "the organization has turned around with regards to our prospect pool." Despite SoH's imminent attempt to tell us how fantastic our prospect pool was with Pouliot in it, this team has never had a farm system like it does today. The entire draft and develop mentality that Fletcher has instilled into this franchise is something unprecedented in team histor. This team actually has a plan, a blueprint they're trying to follow. Success of individual prospects or not, this team is completely different from those in its history, and failure to see that is pretty blatant unwillingness to accept progress and improvement.
I have no problem saying our prospect pool is VASTLY improved, Hackett and Brodin and Granlund make me giddy to think about. I am very excited about the prospects we have.
But to say that this entire organization has turned around when we just witnessed a spectacular collapse, and are drafting in the top-10, and our prospects haven't begun to taste the NHL game, is a bit premature.
I'm not saying I'm not excited for the future, or that I don't think that GMCF is taking us in the right direction, I'm just saying that while one part of our organization has drastically improved, the on-ice product of the Wild has not, and that ultimately is what matters.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.