HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Maxim Mayorov signs with Ak Bars

Old
04-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Renion

vCash: 500
I was rooting for him. I thought he was given a pretty fair shake. I thought he could have grown into a Pahlsson role. He seemed to know what he was supposed to do defensively--much more than most. I didn't see him becoming a Boll-like player, but a shutdown forward. I think his career in the NHL could have gone a bit like Svitov's, who people were finally starting to look at through glasses that didn't show his draft position.

Good luck to Mayorov, whatever the case may be.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Good Luck Max...

but on the other hand, i'm glad this team is so talented up in the top 6 that we can argue about a 3rd line player not being given a fair shot...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Cry me a river. MM wasn't very good. I, for one, am glad the MM era is over.

This Gillies stuff is silly. He competed and he played his role well.
Cry? I love how you make it your personal goal to try to one up everybody it's rather cute.

There was no MM era, nor did Gillies play his role well, unless his role was to be a 4th line joke, playing on the 2nd line, stumbling and fumbling all over the ice. Can't remember how many times I felt bad for Vinny having to be on the ice with that guy. He competed as an AHL caliber forward, congrats to him. Only reason he got to play was probably because the joke behind the bench was his old coach. Gillies on the 2nd line certainly is a big reason why this franchise is considered a joke across the league.

Draft skilled players and surround them with a bunch of talentless wannabees, yeah, that's been working out so great so far. Our farm team sure has developed some keepers, so many that I can't think of one. Every player on our roster now developed at the NHL level, what was wrong with giving another one a chance, or at least put some offensive talent down in the AHL to help players develop important skills. Hell Howson tried to do that this season, but then the franchise doesn't bother to actually put some competent coaches down there, always half-assing things. I'd love it for once if our farm actually produced a solid NHL player. This isn't about MM completely either, this is about our pathetic system in general, seems like anybody that plays down there doesn't develop, they just get seasoning and then get thrown into the fire in the NHL to learn everything, I would have like to see MM remain in the system another year or two, but of course that's his fault not ours, it's not like his shot was over, he was only a fresh 23.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:08 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
The Atlanta board used to have The Glass Rod of Failure, which was based off of a butchered translation from a Russian media source involving one of their players.

I've been kicking around the idea of a user name switch...Blue Dzhekets is now on the list.
We used to do something like that around here when Zherdev was on the team, i.e., post Babelfish translations from the Russian sports papers just for yuks.

This is how we came to learn he loved kittens.

This is also the origin of the nickname "Frank the Bushman" for Francois B when he was on our team. In my family, we still refer to him as such.

haha...while looking for that old Russian photo of Z with his cat and girlfriend, I came across this classic:

Good times.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:32 PM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
this is what happens when you live with Fedor Tyutin. Your NHL career is ruined.
ROFL, best line in this entire thread.

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Robert
BOB

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I'm shocked he stuck around this long... good move.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:47 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Maksim didnt sign he only get offer, similar like Alexandr Burmistrov. Btw, how could he sign when his contract here is to the end of June?

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:13 AM
vannzee
Ruslan Salei fan...

Any idea if he will get a qualifying offer from Columbus?

vannzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:57 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Cry? I love how you make it your personal goal to try to one up everybody it's rather cute.
Have no idea what this even means, but enjoy. Not quite sure how I was trying to "one up" you. It was a debate. MM blows and for some odd reason you decided that you wanted to take aim at some other role players. If I was filling out a depth chart, MM wouldn't have been above any of them.

Quote:
There was no MM era,
Kind of silly. He was drafted. He played in the AHL. He played some at the NHL. He's signed with the KHL. That is an era.

Quote:
nor did Gillies play his role well, unless his role was to be a 4th line joke, playing on the 2nd line, stumbling and fumbling all over the ice.
Your disdain is irrelevant. Like the long list of other players to be harped on on these boards, he wasn't nearly as bad as you make him out to be. He was exactly what I expected to be. I'm not terribly concerned about a 10 minute per game player that was, on occasion, put into roles he wasn't really qualified for. It is what it is.

I would rather have Gillies on this team than MM. In case you want to go off. That doesn't mean I love Gillies, that just means if put into the proper role, I have no issue with him.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannzee View Post
Any idea if he will get a qualifying offer from Columbus?
It wouldn't shock me either way. I think CBJ management likes him so I'm going to guess they'll qualify him but I don't think Max wants to continue his career in the AHL so I think he's likely KHL bound. Who knows. At this point he doesn't seem to have a fit on the CBJ

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Again, HE DIDNT SIGN YET, IT WAS ONLY OFFER!!!

Old
05-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Again, HE DIDNT SIGN YET, IT WAS ONLY OFFER!!!
According to Dmitry Chesnokov as of today, it's official:

https://twitter.com/#!/dchesnokov/st...11553004519425
Quote:
#KHL's AK Bars has officially announced the signing of Maxim Mayorov from the Columbus Blue Jackets. #cbj

Old
05-04-2012, 02:47 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
According to Dmitry Chesnokov as of today, it's official:

https://twitter.com/#!/dchesnokov/st...11553004519425
In this time it was only offer.

Old
05-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

I wish Max well in the KHL.

I think, in his case, the CBJ gave him plenty of time to develop. He showed flashes, but never could grab a job with the big club.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:05 PM
hockey17jp
Lets Go Jackets!

I dont think this is a big loss for CBJ.

Mayorov played 22 games for us over a span of 4 years. In those 22 games he had 2 goals and 1 assist, not a very impressive stat.

Even in the AHL with the Falcons/Crunch he didnt impress me. His best season was 2010-2011 when he played 69 games, scoring 19 goals and adding 14 assists for 33 points.

Mayorov is not a player that can help a team into the playoffs. So I never found a need to keep him. Anyways best of luck to him in Russia. I think it'll be interesting to see what kind of numbers he puts up.

hockey17jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:09 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

“@Aportzline: RT @candyman82: @Aportzline Did the Jackets end up qualifying Regner and Mayorov? / Told they will QO Mayorov, but no decision yet on Regner”

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:59 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Fans of Ak Bars dont know ice hockey when they say this.
So who doesn't know hockey here? We'd beat the Jackets on any day. That's a fact.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:49 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
So who doesn't know hockey here? We'd beat the Jackets on any day. That's a fact.
I say about fans of AK Bars Kazan who said he is KHL fourth line player not Blue Jackets fans. Probably the didnt see Mayorov. But IMo he will begin in the third line.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:11 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
No, that's an opinion. Perhaps you're unaware of the distinction?

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote