HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"The Greiss is Always Greener" (Off-Season Speculation Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2012, 11:53 PM
VP and GM
Bill Says Hey Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Voracek is an amazing player. He's more untouchable than JVR. No way in HELL he gets moved.
Well, this is the GM arm chair thread. We'll see how the Flyers do in the post season. Still think they have a cap problem and a hole on D to fill that we can help with. Win - Win !!

I'm still amazed how stacked the flyers are - and to think they had carter and richards. We need to get that stacked (read stacked == depth)

Old
04-25-2012, 11:56 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
Well, this is the GM arm chair thread. We'll see how the Flyers do in the post season. Still think they have a cap problem and a hole on D to fill that we can help with. Win - Win !!

I'm still amazed how stacked the flyers are - and to think they had carter and richards. We need to get that stacked (read stacked == depth)
I completely agree with your second point, but Murray is a borderline #5 right now, and he's declining fast. You don't trade a kid with 70 point potential for Douglas Murray, even in armchair GM threads.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:56 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Quote:
Voracek is an amazing player. He's more untouchable than JVR. No way in HELL he gets moved.
Really? I knew he was good but a few Flyers fans I know say he's streaky and can't finish. Sounds like a Shark to me.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:58 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
Really? I knew he was good but a few Flyers fans I know say he's streaky and can't finish. Sounds like a Shark to me.
He has a weak shot. That's pretty much his only weakness.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:02 AM
VP and GM
Bill Says Hey Baby!

Quote:
I completely agree with your second point, but Murray is a borderline #5 right now, and he's declining fast. You don't trade a kid with 70 point potential for Douglas Murray, even in armchair GM threads.
Yea, have you noticed his hit stats are down this season and last. I attribute that to the injury and his decline. Still, the Flyers have decent puck movers and he'd be a decent and cheap complement. We'd have to package other assets with him in this deal for sure.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Sharks don't have the prospects to land Voracek.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:21 AM
DarksideRises

I wonder if Boston would accept this trade:

San Jose Sharks receive:

D: Dougie Hamilton

Boston Bruins receive:

F: Ryane Clowe
D: Jason Demers

Old
04-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Bruins would say no. Easily.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Can HaZ Trainz
Frightened Inmate #2

Quote:
Boredom. Incurable boredom. What am I supposed to do with my life without hockey, huh?
I've discovered EASHL on NHL12 a month ago. Anyway, I hope to see some coaching changes mainly from that awful showing when Koala was out with a concussion. I know some others on here noticed the shoddy coaching the assistant coaches too.

I wouldn't mind seeing a roster shake-up as well.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:37 AM
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol

I wish we could get Voracek.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:58 AM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Would a Clowe+ for Voracek deal work? Clowe would fit well with the Flyers' physical system.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:25 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutterPro 21 View Post
I've discovered EASHL on NHL12 a month ago. Anyway, I hope to see some coaching changes mainly from that awful showing when Koala was out with a concussion. I know some others on here noticed the shoddy coaching the assistant coaches too.

I wouldn't mind seeing a roster shake-up as well.
That would not be my first suggestion to a young female looking to cure boredom. Maybe that's just me. lol

Old
04-26-2012, 01:46 AM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
That would not be my first suggestion to a young female looking to cure boredom. Maybe that's just me. lol
Fighting Grizzly Bears probably isn't possible in SD though.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:50 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Fighting Grizzly Bears probably isn't possible in SD though.
I can run around chasing badgers though.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:52 AM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
I can run around chasing badgers though.
Or you could finally learn how to surf like I told you to eons ago.

edit: Anyways to stay on topic and stuffs what do you guys think about trying to get Kelly?

Old
04-26-2012, 01:56 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Or you could finally learn how to surf like I told you to eons ago.

edit: Anyways to stay on topic and stuffs what do you guys think about trying to get Kelly?
(I'm on it as soon as it stops bloody raining here )

Someone is going to overpay for Kelly. IIRC he had a monster PDO this season, Peverly too.

Old
04-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
(I'm on it as soon as it stops bloody raining here )

Someone is going to overpay for Kelly. IIRC he had a monster PDO this season, Peverly too.
(We should probably take the rest of the offtopic to pm'z and whatever but yeah.)

Peverly was really good but then I saw his contract. I dunno if he's worth the 3.25 he's gonna get till 2015. Wonder how much guys like Campbell are gonna get. Also oh wow didn't know Hudler is up for a new contract.

Old
04-26-2012, 02:14 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
(We should probably take the rest of the offtopic to pm'z and whatever but yeah.)

Peverly was really good but then I saw his contract. I dunno if he's worth the 3.25 he's gonna get till 2015. Wonder how much guys like Campbell are gonna get. Also oh wow didn't know Hudler is up for a new contract.
Campbell, Kelly, and Peverly are all poor possession players, especially Campbell, but Kelly and Peverly both maintained 1050+ PDO's last season. Some sucker is going to over-pay through the nose for them and be very disappointed, just like Joel Ward and his 1049 PDO in the playoffs last season, and Brooks Laich and his 1021 from last season, and Ville Leino and his 1023. All regressed. All UFA contracts that look awful.

Old
04-26-2012, 03:25 AM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

If the coaching staff changes or is willing to change systems, I'd do the following things:

1. Trade Niemi for any takers and preferably get an established goalie to stopgap until the prospects are ready. Whether it is a backup ready to start on a two year deal or Miller coming over in a trade.

2. Trade Marleau if a deal to the east comes up and he waives and he brings back a speedy filler and prospects/picks to change the culture without rebuilding.

3. Trade Boyle if the return is right and helps change the culture and contributes to a re-tool.

4. Buyout Zues if more speed is not brought in. Him with two speedy wingers should be fine.

5. Re-sign Winnik. He was far too noticeable to not bring back if a fair price is reached.

6. Trade Murray/Clowe/Demers for an upgrade of some sorts with speed. I like all of them, but speed and prospects are needed and although I love Demers physical side, Braun really brought himself to the table.

7. Sign Stuart

8. More speed

9. Focus on Vlasic-Burns/xxx-Braun if Boyle is traded.

10. Trade Pavs if a RW with speed can be brought in to produce similarly, otherwise, go with three centers with him, JT, and Couture/Marleau

Old
04-26-2012, 03:38 AM
NWShark*

Have to resign winnick. Have to assume they will switch to an aggressive PK which he excels at. The reality is not may 3rd 4th line wingers can handle the puck as well as he can. It's been a revelation watching him with those lines. ALso he's big and very fast for his size. If this team wants to get faster he's exactly the type of bottom six winger you need to keep. 2.5 is fine IMO because of how valuable he will be on an aggressive PK. TJ is somewhat in the same boat but he's a RFA. Gotta keep the speed guys.

Old
04-26-2012, 05:26 AM
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym

Couture - Thornton - XXX
XXX - Marleau - Havlat
Moore - Pavelski - Winnik
Wingels - Desjardins - Galiardi

Vlasic - Burns
Stuart - XXX/Boyle
Braun - Demers

Niemi/XXX
Greiss

Honestly it doesn't look too bad. I think a third line with Pavelski and Winnik would make a great shutdown line that could also score.

Clowe and Murray should be dealt for more speed up front and on the blueline. Boyle and Niemi could be shopped around and if a good deal is available, I say take it. Otherwise they're not a problem unless the team gets too close to the cap with its other acquisitions. I think if Boyle is going to stay on the team, he's going to have to accept a secondary role. Not only is he holding back Vlasic's development, but his selfishness on the PP was a major problem this year. Let him quarterback the second PP unit and take him completely off the PK.

Galiardi hasn't shown much promise, but I think he'll be fine on the fourth line where all he has to do is skate hard and agitate. I think Moore is a lot better than what he's shown this year, so I wouldn't mind giving him a second chance on the third line. Worst case scenario, we could deadline trade him for a 2nd.

Old
04-26-2012, 06:54 AM
Limekiller

I'm still not sold on parting with Clowe, despite his down year. He was quite good the previous year, and hasn't hit the age where he'd really start slipping yet. Yeah, he's not exactly fleet of foot, but there are setups that lessen the issue. Having him on a line with Couture and Thornton could work, especially if he goes to the Holmstrom School of Putting your Butt in the Goalie's Face in the offseason.

We definitely need someone speedy to put on a line with Marleau and Havlat, though. (Let me dream about getting Parise and putting him on that line for a little while at least, even though I give it incredibly good odds he lands with the Wings.) Barring that dream scenario, not sure who we could get for the role. I'd hate to lose Douggie, but if a trade for him lets us fill that hole, so be it. (just please, please, trade him to the Eastern conference so he's not beating the crap out of our guys more than 1-2 times a year.... rofl)

Old
04-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Eh potential=why hasn't he done it yet? Voracek is a good player but I don't think he comes close to 70 points. If the Flyers are cap pressed you could get his rights for cheap. You never know with Homer. He did sign Jody Shelley to a multiyear deal.

Old
04-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Voracek is going nowhere. Come on guys, be realistic.

Old
04-26-2012, 08:30 AM
KzooShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limekiller View Post
I'm still not sold on parting with Clowe, despite his down year. He was quite good the previous year, and hasn't hit the age where he'd really start slipping yet. Yeah, he's not exactly fleet of foot, but there are setups that lessen the issue. Having him on a line with Couture and Thornton could work, especially if he goes to the Holmstrom School of Putting your Butt in the Goalie's Face in the offseason.
Clowe is pretty much the opposite of Holmstrom. Him and Thornton would be fighting over who gets to stand on the half-wall.

If he still has value, I deal him immediately. If he rebounds like some people think, he's un-signable in San Jose anyway. If he doesn't rebound, we've had a crappy Ryane Clowe on the roster for two years.

Closed Thread