HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

"The Greiss is Always Greener" (Off-Season Speculation Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdock1116 View Post
I really think the guy for us is Tim Gleason!

No one else a believer?

Vlasic - Burns
Boyle - Braun
Gleason - Demers

Or any variation of that

Clowe for Gleason?

Old
04-28-2012, 12:29 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Quote:
I really think the guy for us is Tim Gleason!

No one else a believer?

Vlasic - Burns
Boyle - Braun
Gleason - Demers

Or any variation of that

Who are we sending to Carolina?

Old
04-28-2012, 01:01 AM
JayP812
The Fin is In

vCash: 401
Gleason's great, but the 'Canes are probably looking for young talent, they're probably not that interested in Clowe. I think Demers and a pick is the starting point.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:01 AM
murdock1116

Tim Gleason is a free agent...err I thought he was?

Old
04-28-2012, 01:03 AM
murdock1116

Ahh crap, he got a new contract.

Sports City mislead me!

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2012-n...d-by-position/

Old
04-28-2012, 01:04 AM
JayP812
The Fin is In

Quote:
Tim Gleason is a free agent...err I thought he was?
Nope, signed through 2017, salary goes from 2.75mil to 4m this year.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:05 AM
JayP812
The Fin is In

Quote:
Ahh crap, he got a new contract.

Sports City mislead me!

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2012-n...d-by-position/
Always use CapGeek, they update as soon as it happens.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:08 AM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Gleason is great does not come out of canes fan's mouths very often I can assure you

He also signed a new contract and a full no trade clause for the first two years. How bout Pitkanan? He's likely to be on the block.

Also, as a Canes fan as well, No to Clowe.

Edit: Actually looking at things, Mcbain could be had as well.. He's young, has a good shot, good speed not an outstanding young player but as Sharks fan as well he's only guy on Canes that could be had that I'd want.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:12 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

What would Pitkanan cost? I like him.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:15 AM
VP and GM
Havlat Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I am. As long as we get a defensively responsible partner for Boyle so the two youngsters can play very sheltered minutes. Besides, Demers and Vlasic actually played shut-down minutes two seasons ago after they were paired together. Demers is capable of more than he's showed us this season.

In a dream world, we sign both Carle and Stuart and roll with the single best defense I have ever seen.

Vlasic-Burns
Carle-Stuart
Braun-Boyle/Demers

Trade Boyle or Demers for a young forward. Boom. Team fixed.

Not like we're getting Carle, but wouldn't that be awesome.
I just can't give up on Boyle for all he's done and meant to this team. He is ageing and may start a decline, just hasn't happened yet. I could see moving Demers for a young decent forward and or a pretty good prospect/pick.

If i had to chose one or the other, i'd take Carle back over Stuart as he's in his prime. Yea, I think the flyers will keep him and he'll get big bucks.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:24 AM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Well he's 4.5 mil and coming off a surgery so I'm starting to rethink it but with the Canes increasing young depth on defense, he's likely to be on the block.

I'd think the canes would want a young forward maybe stretching but a top six guy.... I don't really think Sharks could get him... JR will probably trade him for high prospect low pick.

I think McBain could be cheaper option for the Sharks.

Hell, I don't think either happen but what I am for is Bryan Allen taking Doug Murray's spot as the rough defensemen for the Sharks. He's probably gonna price himself out with the Canes but he's a solid third pairing guy.

Going over both teams, I realize how bad sharks and Canes trade would be right now bad fits..

Old
04-28-2012, 01:27 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
I just can't give up on Boyle for all he's done and meant to this team. He is ageing and may start a decline, just hasn't happened yet. I could see moving Demers for a young decent forward and or a pretty good prospect/pick.

If i had to chose one or the other, i'd take Carle back over Stuart as he's in his prime. Yea, I think the flyers will keep him and he'll get big bucks.
I'd take Carle over Stuey too, even though I like Stuey better. Carle would be a fantastic fit here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
Well he's 4.5 mil and coming off a surgery so I'm starting to rethink it but with the Canes increasing young depth on defense, he's likely to be on the block.

I'd think the canes would want a young forward maybe stretching but a top six guy.... I don't really think Sharks could get him... JR will probably trade him for high prospect low pick.

I think McBain could be cheaper option for the Sharks.

Hell, I don't think either happen but what I am for is Bryan Allen taking Doug Murray's spot as the rough defensemen for the Sharks. He's probably gonna price himself out with the Canes but he's a solid third pairing guy.

Going over both teams, I realize how bad sharks and Canes trade would be right now bad fits..
Wow, I forgot that Pitkanan was so expensive.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:33 AM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Fantasy trade, never happen but...

Canes:

Pitkanan
8th overall pick

Sharks:

Pavelski

Maybe the Sharks could flip boyle for a top six guy or go in rebuild mode and stock up picks.

Canes are desperate for a top line guy/top six and that's why their are rumors that they will be going hard for Parise.

Please don't hate me guys like I said its not happening.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:36 AM
VP and GM
Havlat Sucks!

I'm still interested in poaching the Flyers, what do you all think of JVR, Read and or Simmons?

Old
04-28-2012, 01:38 AM
Lazyking
Never Forget

I'd like Simmonds to be the player Joe should be on Powerplays and thats in front of the goalie.

I prefer Read to JVR from what I've seen.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:43 AM
VP and GM
Havlat Sucks!

Quote:
I'd like Simmonds to be the player Joe should be on Powerplays and thats in front of the goalie.

JVR had a concussion this past season, i'm a little concerned about his long term health as a result. Is Read the real deal of a benefactor of playing with good players on a stacked team??

Yea, Simmonds my first choice of the three.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:43 AM
unchibaka

Quote:

Me too. Right handed shot, decent speed, decent hands, and cheaper.

Old
04-28-2012, 02:23 AM
glasgow26

I love Simmonds. I don't see the Flyers letting go of any of those guys though. Man, Philly has it so good. They're a legitimate Cup contender and they also have lots of young players with huge potential. Being an elite team while also having Couturier, Schenn, Read, Voracek, JVR, Simmonds and Giroux is just ridiculous.

Old
04-28-2012, 02:41 AM
OrrNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
I love Simmonds. I don't see the Flyers letting go of any of those guys though. Man, Philly has it so good. They're a legitimate Cup contender and they also have lots of young players with huge potential. Being an elite team while also having Couturier, Schenn, Read, Voracek, JVR, Simmonds and Giroux is just ridiculous.
It wasn't too long ago when SJ was a legitimate Cup contender with lots of young players like Vlasic, Carle, Michalek, Bernier, Goc, Clowe, Ehrhoff

Old
04-28-2012, 11:47 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
It wasn't too long ago when SJ was a legitimate Cup contender with lots of young players like Vlasic, Carle, Michalek, Bernier, Goc, Clowe, Ehrhoff
Just 3 years ago.

Old
04-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Gilligans Island
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
And just think
Holmgren got Couturier, Schenn, Voracek and Simmonds by dealing Carter and Richards.

DW deals two or three of Clowe, Boyle, Pavelski, Marleau or Jumbo and he could probably do the same and we'd be set with the future too...

Old
04-28-2012, 12:53 PM
glasgow26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
And just think
Holmgren got Couturier, Schenn, Voracek and Simmonds by dealing Carter and Richards.

DW deals two or three of Clowe, Boyle, Pavelski, Marleau or Jumbo and he could probably do the same and we'd be set with the future too...
I don't think our guys would fetch the same return. Carter and Richards are both young and locked up at a reasonal cap hit for a long time. Marleau and Boyle are old and clearly declining, Clowe isn't nearly as good as Carter or Richards and Pavelski is a UFA in two years. Thornton could probably get us a similar return, but we all know he's not going to be traded, nor should he be.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Gilligans Island
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't think our guys would fetch the same return. Carter and Richards are both young and locked up at a reasonal cap hit for a long time. Marleau and Boyle are old and clearly declining, Clowe isn't nearly as good as Carter or Richards and Pavelski is a UFA in two years. Thornton could probably get us a similar return, but we all know he's not going to be traded, nor should he be.
which is why I wrote 2 or 3...

Pavelski should fetch close to Richards. The trading team still has a couple seasons to re-sign him, shouldn't discount that much.

Then it's a question of dealing 1 or 2 others to get the equivalent of a Voracek and a good 1st (to get a player similar to Couturier. You could also argue that Richards' NTC which kicks in after this year or next could become a noose.

Again, I'm coming from the camp of scrap this team, keep the young ones that have value and start over. I may be in the minority but I have zero belief in this team as it currently stands, even if you bring in a new coach.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:07 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
which is why I wrote 2 or 3...

Pavelski should fetch close to Richards. The trading team still has a couple seasons to re-sign him, shouldn't discount that much.

Then it's a question of dealing 1 or 2 others to get the equivalent of a Voracek and a good 1st (to get a player similar to Couturier. You could also argue that Richards' NTC which kicks in after this year or next could become a noose.

Again, I'm coming from the camp of scrap this team, keep the young ones that have value and start over. I may be in the minority but I have zero belief in this team as it currently stands, even if you bring in a new coach.
Especially if he has another sub-50 point season.

Anyway, I just posted Pavelski trade scenarios in the 'Trade Pavelski' thread.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:22 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
It's time!

I hope they can trade down to grab another 2nd. TB has 23, 37 and 40. Hopefully they have someone who is available at 19 that we can get 23 and one of those 2nds back.