HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Post-Game: ECQF G7. Washington Capitals @ Boston Bruins. 7:30pm. TD Garden. 4.25.2012

Old
04-26-2012, 04:14 AM
sooshii
Living the dream

vCash: 50
Good luck and good health the rest of the way.

sooshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:32 AM
bostone737

vCash: 500
props

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:03 AM
TSA0402

Congrats on beating Boston. By far the most entertaining series this playoffs. Only reason Washington was a low seed was because of Backstrom/Green injuries, its about time the rest of the world found out.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:35 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Congrats on beating Boston. By far the most entertaining series this playoffs. Only reason Washington was a low seed was because of Backstrom/Green injuries, its about time the rest of the world found out.
Not even our own fan base could admit that.

I am going out on a limb in saying Aucoin had a good game last night. He was all over and saved an open net goal early on.

But its only the first round.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Hi, I'm a member of the no sleep club. Worthless today at work.

Chimaera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:04 AM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Was just checking and this was the first time the Caps have upset someone in a playoff series (i.e. won a series in which they were not the higher seed and didn't have home ice) since when they shocked the Pens in the 1st round in 1994. That's a long, long time.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:23 AM
tycoonheart

Tempted to troll Whyno on twitter for saying the Caps had no chance in this series. Friggin idiot.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:24 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Good luck guys the rest of the way, your team played a great series.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:27 AM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Bruins fans here, I hope that you guys win it all. I am HUGE Ovi fan so I was kinda rooting for him....of course I wanted us to win, but I love Ovi. I want to see his ass lift the Stanley cup that way all the stupid Crosby lovers can S T F U.

Go Caps!!

The Special K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:34 AM
ReggietheSavage15

I was absolutely disgusted in reading some of the things said about Joel Ward following his OT goal. To the folks who chose to use racial slurs about the man while behind their computer screen, you're nothing but cowards.

Great win...let's keep it going!

ReggietheSavage15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Cowen Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
Bruins fans here, I hope that you guys win it all. I am HUGE Ovi fan so I was kinda rooting for him....of course I wanted us to win, but I love Ovi. I want to see his ass lift the Stanley cup that way all the stupid Crosby lovers can S T F U.

Go Caps!!
Yes! If Ottawa doesn't advance, the Caps are my team for this year. I think the guys on the team deserve a good run, and the point above is icing on the icing.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Number8

Congratulations Caps.

Excellent hard fought series -- although I will say that the endless one goal games made it one of the most "un-relaxing" series I've ever watched!

Good luck the rest of the way, and may you have an injury free ride.

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:43 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

When I found out who scored the game winner I immediately thought of the HF poster who was trying to get his "Playoff" Joel Ward Action Figure to work. LOL Glad he finally got it working.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:10 AM
txpd

credit where its due. last season matt hendricks was gassed by the playoffs and brought nothing. this season he has been very strong.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:18 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
credit where its due. last season matt hendricks was gassed by the playoffs and brought nothing. this season he has been very strong.
A lot of us poo ppo'd the idea that Hendricks on your shutdown line is not going to win in playoffs. And that was before beags.

Holtby, Hendricks, beags, alzner, Carlson, and semin I'd say really really stepped up their game.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:34 AM
ReggietheSavage15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Tempted to troll Whyno on twitter for saying the Caps had no chance in this series. Friggin idiot.
Wasn't just him...I think it was JapersRink that had a list of over 50 folks in the media who predicted the B's to beat the Caps.

ReggietheSavage15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:38 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Schultz I can see but Wideman regularly takes his time on the breakout and methodically lobs it into opposing players anyway.

The obscene amount of goals he's been on for doesn't lie. Orlov also has generally been pretty good against forecheckers and Wideman just gets completely eaten by them.

Also, I can't help but think he's been getting the same type of "coaching" Schultz and Hamrlik have during their timeouts. They certainly came back better.
Dennis "Western Union" Wideman. He telegraphs everything he's going to do and well in adavance at that, whether it's a slap shot from the point or a cross ice pass like he did last night in the first period. Came close to throwing a bottle of Yuengling through my 52" last night when he was on the ice.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Pie O My

B's fan here. Congrats guys. Hard fought series and it went to the better (and better prepared/coached) team.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:49 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
I think enough time has passed to count the win. I didn't celebrate until I saw the handshakes, figuring Mike F'in Knuble storming the crease was going to cause a review. We got a non call in our favor - I am still stunned. The exact reason we got Knuble, finally paid off. Think about all the work the guy put in to wait to get to that moment to do that.

I would bet all my luxurious vcash winnings that Knuble saw damn well Thomas kicked that puck out, and just kept crashing the net. That's an old Dale Hunter move, lose the puck or not, here I come.

I tried to drink last night to help myself fall asleep. Fail

Taking the B's with such horrible odds was a suckers bet. Has there been a closer 7 game series??

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
A lot of us poo ppo'd the idea that Hendricks on your shutdown line is not going to win in playoffs. And that was before beags.

Holtby, Hendricks, beags, alzner, Carlson, and semin I'd say really really stepped up their game.
I would add 44 to that list....I think he played really well.

everyone competed hard....and more than anything else I feel thats the reason they won

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Kallejohansson

I'm pretty surprised that it was pretty much the bottom 6 that won the series for Caps. That was supposed to be Bostons big strength, but Beagle, Hendricks and Chimera all were amazing. Ward, Knuubs and AHL-all star did a pretty good job with the cycle down low, and they really exhausted a big part of the Boston team.

And I really don't get why people whine about Ovi's icetime, DH being a ****** coach and all the other **** you say. He's taking us to the second round, not something we're used to, and he's done it against the reigning champions. Clearly he has done something right, and I have nothing but respect for DH. If he feels #8 isn't that interested in defence, the only right thing is to limit his ice time. Why put someone out there who is a liability. Sure, maybe he could've scored a goal or two extra with 20+ TOI/G, but then it would be like a boxplay for 5-10+ minutes a game with him floating around in the D-zone. Hopefully Ovi learns something from this, if he becomes a decent defensive player there's no doubt he will become our MVP once again.

Kallejohansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:52 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Im still kinda in shock.

strungout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:54 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Dennis "Western Union" Wideman. He telegraphs everything he's going to do and well in adavance at that, whether it's a slap shot from the point or a cross ice pass like he did last night in the first period. Came close to throwing a bottle of Yuengling through my 52" last night when he was on the ice.
This has really been a benefit to me in not watching these games. I'm superstitious and the Caps do better when I don't watch. Games 2 and 7 were identical for me. I had the event summary on while doing some work. Both times the Caps side magically turned to a "2". I can then watch the game later without running the risk of losing furniture, TV's, computers, windows because of the stress watching it live.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I think enough time has passed to count the win. I didn't celebrate until I saw the handshakes, figuring Mike F'in Knuble storming the crease was going to cause a review. We got a non call in our favor - I am still stunned. The exact reason we got Knuble, finally paid off. Think about all the work the guy put in to wait to get to that moment to do that.

I would bet all my luxurious vcash winnings that Knuble saw damn well Thomas kicked that puck out, and just kept crashing the net. That's an old Dale Hunter move, lose the puck or not, here I come.

Taking the B's with such horrible odds was a suckers bet. Has there been a closer 7 game series??
closer? that has to be a no.....

much has been said about seven 1 goal games.....and the winners in many of them being in OT or final minutes......but one 2 goal lead (lasting less than 3 minutes) just jumps out to me.......it was tied or a 1 goal game for all but ~3 minutes? thats white knuckle hockey

Ward said he wasnt looking for a pass at all and he knew 22 was taking it to the net....nice recognition

ive said this earlier but say what you want about the front office or the staff.....this win was earned by the guys on the ice.....they played some tough hockey for 2 weeks and deserve this....they earned it

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:02 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I'm running on 2 hours of sleep here.

Was going to take the day off but realized I had a draft event with some friends tonight. So that sick day might have to wait till tomorrow.

Coffee pots a-brewin.

Need to finish some work, don't know how I will manage that. heh.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote