Notices

UFAs and RFAs, who's signed, who's not?

Old
04-26-2012, 09:13 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Don't worry it doesn't kick in until 2013-2014 and even then its a limited NTC. Theres still time to trade him if the price is right.
I'd do it now, hardly a secret about how uninspired I am about DK

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:15 AM
BruinsPortugal

Quote:
Don't worry it doesn't kick in until 2013-2014 and even then its a limited NTC. Theres still time to trade him if the price is right.
Really? I tought it was a full NTC next year and then a limited NTC in 2013-2014.
There's still hope

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

I don't get the hate for DK. Don't know why he's always a target for people on this board.

04-26-2012, 09:16 AM
HockeyGoddess

Kelly, Rask, Campbell, Paille. I'd like to see them back most of all. Rask & Kelly the most. Campbell and Paille have been good "role players" and they've done well as such. Also Peverley I would love to see come back - didn't see him on the list and didn't realize he was to become a free agent.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!

Last edited by HockeyGoddess: 04-26-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: added text
HockeyGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:18 AM
ODAAT

Bury the contract in Providence as far as I care

Old
04-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Barresi

What about Parenteau?

Barresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:24 AM
BBB24

Everyone seems to forget the Bruins have a farm team. To think Spooner or Knight will just jump over the likes of Sauve, MacDermid and others into a spot in Boston are really off the mark. If Sauve can stay healthy and bulk up a bit this summer he will be in Boston next year, he has some skill. I strongly believe either Thomas or Rask are gone next year, no idea which one they will move, nor does anyone else, it will depend on the offers coming forward. I could see Thomas in Tampa or Rask in Edmonton after that I have no idea. Hamilton will be given every chance to make the team, thus the reason for the signing, he will in all likelyhood be there for the entire season, nothing left for him in the CHL, see Seguin. As for FA or trades, I think they will make inquires about Parise and Suter but at the end of the day I believe they will be to rich for the Bs needs. I can see them sniffing around about Jarome and depending on what the Flames are asking, that is very possible, Chia likes vets, see Rex and Roloston, a one year 6m hit would be acceptable.

BBB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Saxon Eric

Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
I don't get the hate for DK. Don't know why he's always a target for people on this board.
That's easy, he's not North American but also very tough for some people too except if he's hurt or playing poorly they have 0 chance of winning but that's a fact

Saxon Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
He was non-existent for a large part of the season and if hes going to get $5.25m I want someone who shows up every night.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:30 AM
BruinsPortugal

Quote:
Very far from hate. I just dont think he should be making 5M. He had an awful season followed by an even worse playoffs. Without Horton he had to step up and he didnt. Not to mention the fact that he is useless on the PP.

With Seguin here, i rather spent 5M or 6 or 7 on a winger that can score goals.

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

would people be opposed to Semin if he signed for 4-4.5m? i doubt he would come here though because some team will give him 6m, hes the top 6 sniper we need i believe, his shot is incredible, top 3 in the league

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Scotto74
First in line...

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's always the same folk Bill. you have the group that want to trade DK, the group that want to trade Lucic, the Group that want to trade Thomas.

There is a group for each player that want them gone.

For me anyone is tradeable if it makes the team better.

I disagee with most hear and say the Bruins do go out and make a big signing in free agency this summer. They have the cap space and now with a first round exit they don't need to worry about messing up the chemistry of the cup champs.

UFA's know that a healthy Boston team is still a power house with a good chance for a cup run next year so they would be tempted to sign here and the Bruins have the cap space to pay them a good contract.

I am excited for the draft and free agency.

I want to keep Lucic and Krejci. Let one of kelly or Campbell go. your 4 centers are

Seguin/Parise (if he could be signed which I think he can which moves Seguin back to wing)
Krejci
Bergeron
Campbell/Kelly (which ever one you keep)

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:53 AM
bostonphoenix

on a somewhat different but related note... why did cap geek change... I remember a nice window popping up that was easy to use and navigate and now its a hassle.

bostonphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:00 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
IMO, having seen him play with effort/guts/battle and produce on top of it, there shouldn't be half the yearly chunks of 10-15 games where he plays as far from what I described above as possible.

He's capable of so much more, and I don't just mean stats

Old
04-26-2012, 11:24 AM
DaStinger
My Precious!

Send a message via MSN to DaStinger
Resign Kelly, Rask, Campbell.

DaStinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Baddkarma

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
Are you forgetting that Ryder did'nt fit the system he only had one 30 goal season out of 3 that he was here.
Are you forgetting that he can flat shoot the puck, something only Seguin brings right now. Its about playoff fits, not NHL13...

Baddkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:46 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
It's always the same folk Bill. you have the group that want to trade DK, the group that want to trade Lucic, the Group that want to trade Thomas.

I disagee with most hear and say the Bruins do go out and make a big signing in free agency this summer. They have the cap space and now with a first round exit they don't need to worry about messing up the chemistry of the cup champs.

UFA's know that a healthy Boston team is still a power house with a good chance for a cup run next year so they would be tempted to sign here and the Bruins have the cap space to pay them a good contract.

I want to keep Lucic and Krejci. Let one of kelly or Campbell go. your 4 centers are

Seguin/Parise (if he could be signed which I think he can which moves Seguin back to wing)
Krejci
Bergeron
I'm with you, I think it has to be Campbell though, Kelly is rightfully going to earn too much to be a 4th line center. I'm pretty sure Parise is a wing though, so that keeps your LW-C pairings consistent

Parise-Seguin-Caron
Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley
Lucic-Krejci-Horton/Knight
MacDermid/Sauve-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Seidenberg
Ference-Boychuk
McQuaid-Hamilton
Mottau

The biggest change from what we just saw to next year would be that all of a sudden in a series like this last one, one of our previously bottom two lines is going to get that Wideman pairing on a consistent basis and take advantage of it in ways the 3rd line we had wasn't able to.

MTaylorJ1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
That's easy, he's not North American but also very tough for some people too except if he's hurt or playing poorly they have 0 chance of winning but that's a fact
Agreed.

Quote:
He was non-existent for a large part of the season and if hes going to get $5.25m I want someone who shows up every night.
Nobody shows up every night. Even Jarome Iginla goes through long stretches where he's a non-factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
Very far from hate. I just dont think he should be making 5M. He had an awful season followed by an even worse playoffs. Without Horton he had to step up and he didnt. Not to mention the fact that he is useless on the PP.
You may not hate him BP, but lots of guys underperformed in the playoffs and Krejci's the only one who got a 500 post thread. Just seems like there's a strong bias there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
IMO, having seen him play with effort/guts/battle and produce on top of it, there shouldn't be half the yearly chunks of 10-15 games where he plays as far from what I described above as possible.

He's capable of so much more, and I don't just mean stats
Again, nobody shows up every game. Last year, Bergeron had more scoreless droughts than Krejci. Horton, Lucic, Seguin, Marchand they all go through 10-15 game cold streaks. I know you're saying it's not just stats, but I don't see this lazy version you guys are talking about. To my eyes, he's just hot or cold. When he's hot, nobody cares that he's not that big or fast or strong because he can control the pace of the game. When he's cold, they want him to be something he's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post

Krejci
Bergeron
Well said Scotto.

Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Bruinsforlife89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess View Post
Kelly, Rask, Campbell, Paille. I'd like to see them back most of all. Rask & Kelly the most. Campbell and Paille have been good "role players" and they've done well as such. Also Peverley I would love to see come back - didn't see him on the list and didn't realize he was to become a free agent.
Peverley is signed with us till 2015....

Bruinsforlife89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

Pouliot won't be back. Paille and Campbell will be. Kelly's gone. He'll easily be looking for $3.5+ mil plus. Joel Ward is getting $3 mil and he got that after getting 29pts with Nas. Kelly just had 39pts

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:56 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
cause he is not from Ontario, Michigan, British Columbia.....you get the drift.

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 03:02 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
Agreed.

Nobody shows up every night. Even Jarome Iginla goes through long stretches where he's a non-factor.

You may not hate him BP, but lots of guys underperformed in the playoffs and Krejci's the only one who got a 500 post thread. Just seems like there's a strong bias there.

Again, nobody shows up every game. Last year, Bergeron had more scoreless droughts than Krejci. Horton, Lucic, Seguin, Marchand they all go through 10-15 game cold streaks. I know you're saying it's not just stats, but I don't see this lazy version you guys are talking about. To my eyes, he's just hot or cold. When he's hot, nobody cares that he's not that big or fast or strong because he can control the pace of the game. When he's cold, they want him to be something he's not.

Well said Scotto.
Great post.

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 03:14 PM
ODAAT

There are "droughts" where an expected pt producer goes dry, and during those times I am more than willing to be fair towards that player if/when that occurs he is doing things in other areas which indicate he's helping/contributing.

THIS is where DK fails large with me, when he's in a drought, his attention to other details/his puck battle/his decision making and moving his feet disappear.

Nobody has it for 82 games, Krejci can do more though

Old
04-26-2012, 03:15 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Goodbye Pouliot and Corvo, I hated them both when they got here and I absolutely despise them now.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote