HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo To Toronto? Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2012, 01:10 AM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post
Dado: You are NOT getting the #5 pick. Just like Vancouver's not giving him away for scraps. Meet us somewhere in the middle.
No thanks.

Don't want to take salary back.

We'll look elsewhere, cheers.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:11 AM
Stephen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
No thanks.

A ok with us

Old
MoeMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneArmedMan View Post
Luongo was asked to submit a list of teams he'd be willing to go too. Toronto is on that list.

james duthie ‏ @tsnjamesduthie
Sources say Roberto Luongo will submit a short list of teams he'd waive his no-trade to go to next week. Toronto will be on it.
Toronto is on every single players wish list, this is nice to hear but not really surprising news. I don't want to sound arrogant, but you will be damn hard pressed to find a superstar in the NHL who, provided the opportunity, would not want to put on a Leafs jersey.

Old
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMoney View Post
Lol at you thinking you're going to get the 5th overall pick for Luongo.
LOL at you thinking I'm thinking that.

It was *expressly* stated as a question.

Old
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Yes, Reimer can only dream and wish to have as much talent as Schneider does. Let's be real here. Schneider has proven it in college, in the minors, with the Canucks, he's a stud, he's ready for prime time.
Yep. The fact that Schenider plays on the best team in the league, really has nothing to do with it.

I mean, he steals games left and right!

Reimer plays behind one of the worst defensive teams in the league. He put up crazy good performances in his first year.

Schenider hasn't shown THAT much more. Unless you put the two players in the same situation, you cannot be definite in saying one is better than the other.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:12 AM
Shane Churla
Rookie User

There's like a 10% chance he'll land in Toronto. If by some miraculous way Burke does acquire him it would probably cost the leafs something like Gunnarson/Schenn, Armstrong & 1st/2nd

Tampa Bay is likely the destination to get the service of Luongo 90% or Florida

Old
04-26-2012, 01:13 AM
mix1home

Quote:
Current Leafs roster + Luongo = sure playoff spot, possibly even home ice for the first round.

Is that worth your 1st?

(Not rhetorical)
Obviously, but not 5th overall. We can probably trade you next year 1st conditional on us making playoffs.

Old
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Yep. The fact that Schenider plays on the best team in the league, really has nothing to do with it.

Reimer plays behind one of the worst defensive teams in the league. He put up crazy good performances in his first year.

Schenider hasn't shown THAT much more. Unless you put the two players in the same situation, you cannot be definite in saying one is better than the other.
unless you watched both of them play, then you could.

Old
LC

Quote:
No thanks.

Thanks for stopping by Mike!

Old
kthsn

Vancouver played a offensive system and Luongo has put up great numbers behind them. Very similar to Wilson's.

When the Canucks played tight defensive hockey Luongo's numbers were very Vezina like.

Behind Carlyle's system Luongo is more than capable of catapulting the Leafs to home ice in the playoffs.

Don't listen to the minority of Luongo haters he's a very very good goaltender. The best the Canucks have had and the best since CuJo if he's traded to TO.

For the record I don't think he gets traded for scraps (Komisarek + late pick) or gets traded for a lot (Gardiner+). I think a deal will be somewhere in the middle.

Old
dubey
So hot right now

Komisarek for Luongo

go!

Old
04-26-2012, 01:14 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post

Wow! You would honestly put Reimer's talent on par to Schneider? Schneider is a former first round pick who took over Luongo's starting position with his play. The team felt comfortable enough to do that. Guaranteed if Luongo was on the Leafs, Reimer wouldn't see a minute of action. I'm just being real here. I'm a big Reimer fan but Schneider has the chance to become a Vezina winner and a top goalie in this league.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Cons:
- Boston is in our division
Luongo has had unbelievable success vs Chicago pre meltdowns and after meltdowns in the regular season. He hasn't had bad games vs Boston, or in Boston before the finals.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Duke Silver
Truce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
what offense? he had to shut them out twice. We scored 8 goals in 7 games.
And the Leafs offense likely wouldn't have fared much better.

Wait, you're telling me it wasn't Luongo's fault that the Canucks lost to the Bruins? But that's all I've been hearing from Canucks fans for the last year!

You seem to be trying awfully hard to get rid of him.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Vancouver played a offensive system and Luongo has put up great numbers behind them. Very similar to Wilson's.

When the Canucks played tight defensive hockey Luongo's numbers were very Vezina like.

Behind Carlyle's system Luongo is more than capable of catapulting the Leafs to home ice in the playoffs.

Don't listen to the minority of Luongo haters he's a very very good goaltender. The best the Canucks have had and the best since CuJo if he's traded to TO.

For the record I don't think he gets traded for scraps (Komisarek + late pick) or gets traded for a lot (Gardiner+). I think a deal will be somewhere in the middle.
Would you guys be interested in Franson and a 2nd? Franson IMO is expendable and you get a decent pick.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:21 AM
xyzz

Lui means playoffs and as we see anything can happen in the playoffs...

I'm on board the bandwagon as long as it doesnt cost us 5th overall

not concerned about contract - I want 3-4 years of PLAYOFFS

Old
04-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
And the Leafs offense likely wouldn't have fared much better.

Wait, you're telling me it wasn't Luongo's fault that the Canucks lost to the Bruins? But that's all I've been hearing from Canucks fans for the last year!

You seem to be trying awfully hard to get rid of him.
You wouldn't even have made the finals, that's not the point. If you guys want to make the playoffs next year, Lu gets you there. 2/3 games we won we only scored 1 goal.

Why does it matter if i'm trying to get rid of him? I have no say in the matter lol

Old
04-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Then you're not listening very well. An awful lot of us put the blame squarely on our award-winning skaters for not putting pucks in the net.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:24 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Wow! You would honestly put Reimer's talent on par to Schneider? Schneider is a former first round pick who took over Luongo's starting position with his play. The team felt comfortable enough to do that. Guaranteed if Luongo was on the Leafs, Reimer wouldn't see a minute of action. I'm just being real here. I'm a big Reimer fan but Schneider has the chance to become a Vezina winner and a top goalie in this league.
Schneider needs to get his rebound control under control before he is a Vezina Caliber goalie.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:25 AM
htpwn

Quote:
You wouldn't even have made the finals, that's not the point. If you guys want to make the playoffs next year, Lu gets you there. 2/3 games we won we only scored 1 goal.

Why does it matter if i'm trying to get rid of him? I have no say in the matter lol
I really hope your not suggesting the Leafs should go all out to acquire a 33-year-old goaltender, no matter the cost... because that seems to be the implication.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
I really hope your not suggesting the Leafs should go all out to acquire a 33-year-old goaltender, no matter the cost... because that seems to be the implication.
That's not what i'm saying, i'm just trying to explain why Luongo would be a good fit on the leafs.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
That's not what I'm doing.

All I'm saying is you can't just say one guy is better than the other without considering the situations they play in.

How do you know that Reimer has already shown us what he can do? If he comes back next year, and plays the way he did his first year, then yes I would put their talents on par.

He took over Luongo's starting postion in the PO because Luongo played like ****. Isn't hard to take over a guy with 3.6 GAA in a best of 7 series.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:28 AM
htpwn

Quote:
That's not what i'm saying, i'm just trying to explain why Luongo would be a good fit on the leafs.
Alright then, just checking.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:29 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Will Luongo enjoy playing on a team made up of mostly >25 year olds?

Old
04-26-2012, 01:29 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Luongo would be a good fit for us now, but his contract definitely isn't. If he and Reimer both show they can be a #1 for us, we cannot afford to have a 5M backup.

He's got a full NTC as well, so we can't just ship him off when we want to. That's the main issue with him for us.

Closed Thread