HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bring Back Byfuglien

Old
04-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Sarava

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
If he plays lazy and unmotivated, bench his ass. There is no conection to Q, no last year of the career, like Brunette. If he isn't getting it done, see ya later. I don't imagine he will cost more than Brunette and I think the upside is much greater.
Or how about not acquiring him since he already has played that way? Seriously you're sounding like Stan now. This move would fit right in with his other bonehead acquisitions these past 2 summers.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:13 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Or how about not acquiring him since he already has played that way? Seriously you're sounding like Stan now. This move would fit right in with his other bonehead acquisitions these past 2 summers.
Yes, it absolutely would but the difference is I see it as a complementary move (and a gamble) which leaves a lot of space open for a big move such as Jackman or Suter or Parise. Bowman looks at it as a near certainty the guy will play well and score 20+, help the PP, then he goes home and watches TV thinking his job is done. Big difference IMO.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:14 PM
MagicSlap*

He's not ideal but he's the best player available that fits the gaping hole next to Toews and Kane. Unless you make a trade to bring a guy in that is but that would cost Sharp (which I'm okay with for the right guy). Then you have a hole at 2C again and have to sign someone or trade again, this time without your best moveable asset. If Penner doesn't perform then Hayes gets the spot if he's playing well.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Yes, it absolutely would but the difference is I see it as a complementary move (and a gamble) which leaves a lot of space open for a big move such as Jackman or Suter or Parise. Bowman looks at it as a near certainty the guy will play well and score 20+, help the PP, then he goes home and watches TV thinking his job is done. Big difference IMO.
Woudn't you rather just gamble with our prospects having some success on their cheap ELC deals? Like Shaw, Hayes, Smith, Morin, Saad...whoever...?

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:29 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Woudn't you rather just gamble with our prospects having some success on their cheap ELC deals? Like Shaw, Hayes, Smith, Morin, Saad...whoever...?
Personally I would like those guys to start in the bottom 6, they all fit the mold of guys who can fit there and work their way up. If the production is there, move them up. If not, wait until they are really ready. If they outplay Penner, then ready or not, put them up there. But hey, what if they all work out (including Penner), then you have a loaded lineup and are ready to do some damage. People want to talk about the Detroit model, well, Datsyuk wasn't given anything and he was a lot older than these guys. He started out in the bottom 6 on a veteran team that won 51 games and the Cup.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:29 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Problem with Morin and Smith is they are finesse perimeter players. Hawks don't need any more of this.

Shaw has a place. I think Hayes and Saad are gambles to fill out the roster next year.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:34 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Problem with Morin and Smith is they are finesse perimeter players. Hawks don't need any more of this.

Shaw has a place. I think Hayes and Saad are gambles to fill out the roster next year.
Plus, the other thing about Saad and Hayes working their way onto a top line is that they will develop better defensively IMO. If we're counting on these guys to score goals on a nightly basis, they are going to focus too much on that because they will think if they don't score, they will be sent down. Take a little less pressure off of them.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:35 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
The only one you listed I'm willing to gamble with would be Hayes but bringing Penner in would just be insurance.

Shaw? Too small and not sure he's skilled enough to be playing with Toews and Kane as much as I love him.
Smith? He's a big question to even make the team next year. Had an up and down year in Rockford and then a major concussion. You want to gamble on that?
Morin? Too small and while gritty and skilled the reason you use Penner is he has hands and will go to the net.
Saad? Again, a big body but his talents would be wasted playing the role Penner could play.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
if we cant get Buff...lets get the next best thing available

Dustin Penner

get used to this thought guys...hes coming whether you like it or not!
I'd rather give Beach a chance, really.

Penner is bad since he signed the OS and this has nothing to do with the team around him or whatever. Penner is lazy and a fatass

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 03:53 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

No chance he comes back. Bowman wouldnt' do it.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 03:55 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
No chance he comes back. Bowman wouldnt' do it.
Agreed on this, Bowman seems to hate Tallon's players, you know, the ones that won the damn Cup. Reminds me of when Jerry Krause was excited about MJ and Co. leaving so he could "build from within" Yikes.

Old
04-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Araxen*

I miss Buff a bunch. I would love to see him back but the Jets would want too much in return sadly. Though we do have a glut of finesse forwards that maybe a good GM could convince the Jets GM that it would be a good trade. Sadly we are all out of good GM's.

There isn't anybody in the league quit like Buff when he plays as a forward. His speed is what makes him pretty unique as a big man.

Araxen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 05:45 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedag View Post
Is that Kopecky with the molester stach.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:07 PM
SugarKane88
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Is that Kopecky with the molester stach.
Yes.

SugarKane88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:28 PM
WarriorofTime

Byfuglien is one of the most laid back (which could be interpreted as lazy) players in the league. I would not be surprised if he hit a rapid decline once he passes 30.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:30 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Agreed on this, Bowman seems to hate Tallon's players, you know, the ones that won the damn Cup. Reminds me of when Jerry Krause was excited about MJ and Co. leaving so he could "build from within" Yikes.
This is very evident by Bowman not extending Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook, and Sharp.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:45 PM
SchruteFarms
Cup #5!

Quote:
Agreed on this, Bowman seems to hate Tallon's players, you know, the ones that won the damn Cup.
No.

Just no.

SchruteFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:32 PM
DirkGraham

OK gang. The title of the thread was not supposed to be taken literally. It was alliteration (or whatever it's called when all the words start with the same letter) but the main point is there.

I would love to see Big Buff back but the point was that we are missing the big bodied forward in front of their net. I don't think that it's a coincidence that the last time we had playoff success, we had a big body in front of the net named Dustin.

Buff may be a bit too expensive or cost too much to acquire.

Although Penned has awesome size, I don't think he uses it enough. The price is alright and I would be OK as long as the contract isn't too long. A trial period if you will.

I wondered who was gonna bring up Beach (thanks BUBBA) and I would love to see it! I have seen him play in junior and he sure was something! Big, powerful, strong, annoying to other goalies and a shot that was awesome. How will he translate to the big league with the big boys? Is it realistic that he makes the tram next year. That would be Awesome if he did!

Who else would fit in as that power forward?

DirkGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Araxen*

Jesse Roger's twitter was interesting today. He was pimping for Buff bigtime.

His two trades he proposed

Keith for Buff... this one is a huge stretch. Keith really hasn't been that great since his Norris season but I just couldn't do that deal.

Hammer or Leddy and /Bolland for Buff(this one I would do in a heartbeat)

Araxen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Sevanston

Both of those are further proof that Jesse Rogers is no better than the majority of posters on HF.

The first deal is horrendous for the Hawks, the second one for Winnipeg.

I'm sure he has an account on here somewhere.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxen View Post
Jesse Roger's twitter was interesting today. He was pimping for Buff bigtime.

His two trades he proposed

Keith for Buff... this one is a huge stretch. Keith really hasn't been that great since his Norris season but I just couldn't do that deal.

Hammer or Leddy and /Bolland for Buff(this one I would do in a heartbeat)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Both of those are further proof that Jesse Rogers is no better than the majority of posters on HF.

The first deal is horrendous for the Hawks, the second one for Winnipeg.

I'm sure he has an account on here somewhere.
At least he didn't offer Sharp for Niemi or something crazy like that. He has a huge chubby for Niemi too.

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Panzerspitze

Sharp+ for Jack Johnson+Bernier. But that ship has sailed.

Panzerspitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:46 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Wouldn't take him for free. Seriously lazy talent.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:33 PM
madgoat33

seriously lazy talent that was second in scoring amongst dmen despite playing only 66 games.

god damn what a lazy bum. Is it possible the problem was that Q is a **** motivator? Seems to me we constantly talk about hawks players being lazy/disinterested. Besides, if he scores at .8ppg pace, then he can be as lazy as he wants. Byfuglien/Hammer pairing replaces the old Campbell/Hammer pairing and Byfuglien can help fix our **** PP.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:43 PM
coldsteelonice84

Sorry, I'd like to see Buff-Toews-Kane longterm, yes, make the move for a 1st plus ok prospect, seems fair from both sides.