HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 7 | 4-26-2012 | Devils @ Panthers | 8:30 PM EDT | TV: NHL-N, TSN, FS FLA

Old
04-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Erick

vCash: 500
Marcel Goc is still my favorite player, btw. Another positive that came out of this season. I need to put him as my avatar.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Takkie
I Goc ya nose!

I'm still super happy at the season we had. But i'm not gonna lie.This one hurt.

Takkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Wonder if Flash scores on that cross ice pass from Versteeg late in the game if he didn't have a broken hand?

Don't feel like sleeping right now but I have to get to bed. Need to be up in 3hrs45min for work. Thanks NHL for moving the game back and taking an hour of my sleep away!

Goodnight everyone.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:12 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Wonder if Flash scores on that cross ice pass from Versteeg late in the game if he didn't have a broken hand?
Nah, I dont think so. The puck bounced on him at the last second, and that play is either hit or miss, nothing more. It was a great look by Steeg btw. We had our chances in the first OT, but unfortunately, we just couldnt put it away. Oh well.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Plowevelski
:-)) Torres Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Marcel Goc is still my favorite player, btw. Another positive that came out of this season. I need to put him as my avatar.
Underrated, clutch player. I was against getting rid of him years ago even though he got a lot of flack for not finishing well back then. Great faceoff guy. He did have the series clincher against the Avs though in '04. My fav moment of his. I think he was not properly utilized in SJ most of the time.

That chance he had in OT I thought he was gonna add another series clincher to his resume

Plowevelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:13 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Goodnight everyone.
Good morning.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowevelski View Post
Underrated, clutch player. I was against getting rid of him years ago even though he got a lot of flack for not finishing well back then. Great faceoff guy. He did have the series clincher against the Avs though in '04. My fav moment of his. I think he was not properly utilized in SJ most of the time.

That chance he had in OT I thought he was gonna add another series clincher to his resume
He absolutely dominated the FO circle the whole entire series and his line was clearly our best. Love the guy; he's really steady.

Hopefully he can be our 3rd line C instead of our 2nd line C next year, though.

Old
04-27-2012, 12:20 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Just settling in.

No one sat after Weiss scored. It was amazing...

Thought upshall had it ...

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:25 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Unbelievable series, a lot of 'analysts' and other team's fans owe you guys an apology/serious crow eating including me. Your team earned every inch in this series and couldn't have shown any more heart. Stay proud of your team, you're on the right track for sure

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:27 AM
5 Hole

Just getting home.. turns out I was 5th row... great game. I have nothing but good feelings from this season. Next year we go further!

5 Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:30 AM
billingtons ghost

Congrats on a great year and a great series guys. You gave my team all it could handle.

You're going to be tough next year with that D.

billingtons ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

I'm not for giving passes to players, Kulikov had a terrible series. But for Pete's sake, he's 21 and this was his first playoffs. And now we are trading him? lol Tallon is more patient than that, sorry. I'm sure if he gets a deal he can't pass up he'd trade him, but he's not going to be actively shopping him. Also, saying that he was bad down the stretch is BS. He just came back from a major injury. And he played less than 10 games. Before his injury he was great. A little fickle are we?

Also with Versteeg in a similar cart being led by the lynch mob, he was tied for 2nd on the team in scoring this series. And he's obviously capable of being a big factor in the regular season. He's far from the perfect player, but he's a necessary evil at this point in time. I wouldn't mind trading him if we got another 60+pt. scorer to replace him. Are we gonna do that? Maybe in 4 years it will be different but right now we need him and he has good chemistry with Weiss.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:31 AM
JerseySideOfTheRiver
Geaux Devils

good series. i hate versteeg and marcel goc simply because we couldnt stop them lol. when you tied it up i really thought it was over and it was just a matter of time. see you in the playoffs next year. we'll both be there

JerseySideOfTheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:35 AM
Winti26

It's not easy to lose a serie in 2ot in game seven. But panthers fan could be proud of our team. Before the season started nobody believed that we would end in game 7 of the ecqf. Before the serie most "experts" said floridas playoffs end after 4 or 5 games.
But at the moment it's hard to think positiv, becausr we lost and we outshooted the devils today.

Winti26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:37 AM
KWGoon

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:37 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I'm not for giving passes to players, Kulikov had a terrible series. But for Pete's sake, he's 21 and this was his first playoffs. And now we are trading him? lol Tallon is more patient than that, sorry. I'm sure if he gets a deal he can't pass up he'd trade him, but he's not going to be actively shopping him. Also, saying that he was bad down the stretch is BS. He just came back from a major injury. And he played less than 10 games. Before his injury he was great. A little fickle are we?

Also with Versteeg in a similar cart being led by the lynch mob, he was tied for 2nd on the team in scoring this series. And he's obviously capable of being a big factor in the regular season. He's far from the perfect player, but he's a necessary evil at this point in time. I wouldn't mind trading him if we got another 60+pt. scorer to replace him. Are we gonna do that? Maybe in 4 years it will be different but right now we need him and he has good chemistry with Weiss.
Unless Kuli keeps playing stupid with his blind passes up the boards I wouldn't want to trade him. And the thing we all forget is that Versteeg is a second line winger. He plays 1st line minutes because we don't have anybody else our first line would be a kick ass 2nd line. We just need to get the first line guys to bump them down.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Unless Kuli keeps playing stupid with his blind passes up the boards I wouldn't want to trade him. And the thing we all forget is that Versteeg is a second line winger. He plays 1st line minutes because we don't have anybody else our first line would be a kick ass 2nd line. We just need to get the first line guys to bump them down.
Yeah I'm sure after a long summer of recovery Kuli will bounce back well next season. It's not like he just started playing in the league two weeks ago, we all know what he can do when he's playing well.

And yeah, I agree with your point about Versteeg and I'll expand it to the whole top line as well. Some people say they were invisible, well no they weren't, they scored 13 pts. Yes they were pretty well shut down at even strength, but that's because they are not a true top line. It's not because they disappeared. This will have to be remedied, probably mostly from within the org. Huberdeau is a start, hopefully Bjugstad will be another piece.

Old
04-27-2012, 12:59 AM
theking72
Confucius Ackbar

Congrats on a great series. I will never look at the NHL Schedule, see Florida and think "oh there's an easy 2 points" ever again.

theking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:03 AM
Erick

Quote:

I think the Kulikov point has to do with Tallon being loyal to his guys and Kulikov not necessarily being one of his guys.

I don't think Tallon cares much about age. He cares about winners, whatever that means to him.

If he cared much for age/potential, Michael Frolik would still be here.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:10 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
I think the Kulikov point has to do with Tallon being loyal to his guys and Kulikov not necessarily being one of his guys.

I don't think Tallon cares much about age. He cares about winners, whatever that means to him.

If he cared much for age/potential, Michael Frolik would still be here.
Yes, age definitely matters. It should matter for every GM. Frolik was a few years older. Tallon isn't just going to give up on Kuli so prematurely. Everyone was saying how he's going to be a future stud before his injury, then he has a bad playoffs and now everyone wants to trade him? This board is so fickle sometimes.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:16 AM
Erick

Quote:
Yes, age definitely matters. It should matter for every GM. Frolik was a few years older. Tallon isn't just going to give up on Kuli so prematurely. Everyone was saying how he's going to be a future stud before his injury, then he has a bad playoffs and now everyone wants to trade him? This board is so fickle sometimes.
No player is untouchable.
Tallon has no problem taking risks.

Tallon and Santos traded Frolik for Skille because the team had like 10 hits one night on home ice against the Blues.

Who knows what they're seeing and how they evaluate players?

Tallon wasn't the guy who drafted Kulikov so I don't see why it's a silly thing to suggest.

One thing I noticed about all the players Tallon brought in was that they all played well in the playoffs. Even Versteeg who kinda pissed me off all series, ultimately produced. Fleischmann didn't, but he had a broken hand, apparently.
The rest of the guys, even Jovo, did fine. Upshall and Kopecky looked like completely different players.

I don't see the big deal in saying that maybe a trade is a possibility. You really don't know and Kulikov definitely has value on the open market/is due for a raise. What about if Kulikov gets us a young, top-6 forward that Tallon just so happens to like more? It's a definite possibility and Kulikov is one of the few on the team with that type of trade value.

It's not as if anyone said that he flat out sucks as a player and will suck for the rest of his career. Saying he was bad this series is only fact.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:18 AM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
What did they do? Whine about the refs some more?
Some nut was running around showing people a NJ license plate while the drunks danced around all the Florida fans. I was humped by some NJ ****er as we were exiting. As I said, lost all respect.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:23 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
No player is untouchable.
Tallon has no problem taking risks.

Tallon and Santos traded Frolik for Skille because the team had like 10 hits one night on home ice against the Blues.

Who knows what they're seeing and how they evaluate players?

Tallon wasn't the guy who drafted Kulikov so I don't see why it's a silly thing to suggest.

One thing I noticed about all the players Tallon brought in was that they all played well in the playoffs. Even Versteeg who kinda pissed me off all series, ultimately produced. Fleischmann didn't, but he had a broken hand, apparently.
The rest of the guys, even Jovo, did fine. Upshall and Kopecky looked like completely different players.

I don't see the big deal in saying that maybe a trade is a possibility. You really don't know and Kulikov definitely has value on the open market/is due for a raise. What about if Kulikov gets us a young, top-6 forward that Tallon just so happens to like more? It's a definite possibility and Kulikov is one of the few on the team with that type of trade value.

It's not as if anyone said that he flat out sucks as a player and will suck for the rest of his career. Saying he was bad this series is only fact.
I didn't say Kulikov was untouchable. It's not silly to suggest he could be traded, what I think is silly is how everyone is throwing him under the bus now and thinking he is going to be on the trade block. Being available for the right price and being on the block are two different things.

Even bad experiences in the playoffs can be good. Kuli didn't play like Gud did, but he could still be better for it in the long run. Lots of teams and players have to fail in the playoffs before they have success.

If everyone only said Kulikov was bad this series, and that's it, that would have been fine. But more was said than that.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:24 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
Some nut was running around showing people a NJ license plate while the drunks danced around all the Florida fans. I was humped by some NJ ****er as we were exiting. As I said, lost all respect.
I actually don't like their team at all and I hope the Flyers embarrass them. Throughout the year, they never gave our team any credit and acted like they were entitled to dominate us before the game even started.

Tonight, I noticed one of their players shooting rats like they were pucks after the game.

I look forward to the Flyers dominating them and I also look forward to Steve Bernier looking like an AHL player again in this next series.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:25 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

First stop on here after logging on I wanted to show some respect for this Panthers team. This was a great, and very underrated series. I became so distraught after Florida tied it, and then thought to myself ''Wait it's the Panthers. These guys NEVER go away!'' Hell of a team you got there. If I ever said a bad word about the team or knocked you guys record over on our forum I apologize. It's pretty easy to see why Florida had a lot of OT appearances in the regular season. They are a great team when battling back!

Hell of a team there. I am pretty sure this team is going to be even better next year. I was never expecting a sweep or an easy time, but you guys took the Devils to their limit, and damn you for softening us up!

I had the privilege of being at every game in this series, and I was treated very well by the fans, and even shook hands with many in my section after the game had ended. We haven't had a PP do this to us all season. I think you guys scored more PP goals on us this series than any team in the league combined throughout our season series throughout the league! It was good to see some playoff hockey in South Florida, and I know the fans loved it. If any Devils fans did anything classless whatever it was I apologize for them.

I kinda like you guys, and hope to see you around here on HF, and at some games next year! Crush Tampa Bay for me too will ya? I really have become a fan of this team after the series, and maybe I'll drop in sometimes to show my support! Great series guys! Like I said great team, great old school goalie in Jose, and a great coach too. Good job Dineen, and Ramsay!

I consider myself a fan, and maybe will wear a Panthers hat! I would have still felt the same way had you guys won the series!

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote