04-26-2012, 04:06 PM
KOHitter87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin View Post
This +1.

This is a problem.
If they say Sequin is the #1 guy, I don't think he will be a true #1 for
at least 1 year maybe 2. So I'm not sure the team will be in a position to win it till then.

If they decide he isn't ready for #1, and they go out and do sign a #1, then when Seguin contract is up they'll need to pony up big money for two #1 centers, assuming Seguin progresses.

I'd rather see them trade Krecji, bring in a true #1 center and make Sequin #2 center, and move Bergeron to wing.
I disagree, just because Seguin Struggles in really his first true 5 playoff games hes not ready to be the #1 guy. The one good thing that came out of this is he has all summer to get bigger, and better at faceoffs. He got better all season as time went on why wait to move him to center he really has never left to prove let him play his natural position, and he deserves to have the best talent around him. Krejci does not Chia messed up signing him and he knows it.

KOHitter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:09 PM
gillesgilbert

One of the reasons[among many]that we are on the sidelines now is because we had unrealistic expectations for Seguin.Seguin is still a kid,a highly talented one but we were certainly premature if we thought he was going to lead us in the post season.

gillesgilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Neely08

Sure.

But lets start w/ him being able to bench his own body weight, huh?

He needs to start by getting much stronger this summer.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:13 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
I disagree, just because Seguin Struggles in really his first true 5 playoff games hes not ready to be the #1 guy. The one good thing that came out of this is he has all summer to get bigger, and better at faceoffs. He got better all season as time went on why wait to move him to center he really has never left to prove let him play his natural position, and he deserves to have the best talent around him. Krejci does not Chia messed up signing him and he knows it.
I am not ready to write Krejci off just because of one bad year when he wasn't complemented very well.I would like to see how Krejci would do if he was playing with legitimite first line wingers.I like Lucic but he really belongs on the third line.It was only last year that Krejci was the leading scorer in the playoffs.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:14 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
One of the reasons[among many]that we are on the sidelines now is because we had unrealistic expectations for Seguin.Seguin is still a kid,a highly talented one but we were certainly premature if we thought he was going to lead us in the post season.
How exactly did the organization demonstrate unrealistic expectations of Seguin this season?

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
I am not ready to write Krejci off just because of one bad year when he wasn't complemented very well.I would like to see how Krejci would do if he was playing with legitimite first line wingers.I like Lucic but he really belongs on the third line.It was only last year that Krejci was the leading scorer in the playoffs.
Krejci takes too many games off ,and it's not just this year it has been ever single year, it has nothing to do with his linemates.It has a lot to do with effort. I do agree with you that Lucic isn't a first line player Horton is, and Seguin is.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
How exactly did the organization demonstrate unrealistic expectations of Seguin this season?
I think he means us fans.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:39 PM
corpfan1

This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach parker View Post
xxx - seguin - xxx
lucic - krejci - horton
marchand - bergeron - peverley
xxx - campbell - thornton
xxx

it all comes down to finding tyler seguin his partner for the next 5-7 years. Stamkos has st.louis. Hall has eberle/rnh.

If he is going to be the #1 center for the boston bruins it has to start this season. He is now going into his 'boston legal' years and it would make the other two lines threats every night.

Find seguin his partner and fill the other space up with one of the kids (looking in knight's direction.)

corpfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

I think he should start centering the 2nd line. It's tough to transition from playing RW with a world-class center to a world-class center yourself. Give him a bit of space. With some time, maybe he'll excel and if need be, move him up.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:46 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
This!
100% someone like Bobby ryan, if Horton is healthy i want to see him with Seguin. He's a sniper not accurate, but he does try for the corners. Just get 5 hole Lucic off the first line he's no first line player.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:50 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
I think he should start centering the 2nd line. It's tough to transition from playing RW with a world-class center to a world-class center yourself. Give him a bit of space. With some time, maybe he'll excel and if need be, move him up.
I think he would be fine long as he gets stronger, and really he has no excuses not to. He has all summer i think the problem would be is our expectation's would be great which would be unfair, but he is better than Krejci so why keep Krejci in the number one role.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Oates2Neely

Parise - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Kelly - Peverly
Caron - Knight - Thornton

Seguin NOT ready to center 1st line at age 20. He needs to physically get stronger, grow some chest hair. Have zero second thoughts of going into a corner & fighting for loose pucks. Chia should make Parise his #1 target in offseason. Kid has guts, kid has game, which will rub off on his teammates.

IF it's decided Seguin will infact play center next season, trade Krejci in a package for a dman. Whom?

Cam Fowler -ANA
Seabrook -CHI
Kulikov -FLA
Larsson -NJ
Yandle -PHX
Hedman -TB (Timmy & Krejci for Hedman +?)
Enstrom -WPG

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 05:22 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Parise - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Kelly - Peverly
Caron - Knight - Thornton

Seguin NOT ready to center 1st line at age 20. He needs to physically get stronger, grow some chest hair. Have zero second thoughts of going into a corner & fighting for loose pucks. Chia should make Parise his #1 target in offseason. Kid has guts, kid has game, which will rub off on his teammates.

IF it's decided Seguin will infact play center next season, trade Krejci in a package for a dman. Whom?

Cam Fowler -ANA
Seabrook -CHI
Kulikov -FLA
Larsson -NJ
Yandle -PHX
Hedman -TB (Timmy & Krejci for Hedman +?)
Enstrom -WPG
Yor dreaming your not getting any of those besides maybe seabrook, and enstrom

Old
04-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Wilhelm Scream

Lucic Seguin Horton (or if on I.R., new goal scoring winger with Savard/Kelly money)
Spooner Krejci Peverly
Marchand Bergeron Caron
Paille Soupy Thornton

I want to see Spooner and Caron getting top 9 minutes. I think they'd both pleasantly surprise, and I think Caron on wing with Marchand and Bergeron would be very effective.

Wilhelm Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 05:36 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
At least as far as the post season goes they thought his offensive ability would be enough to replace the contributions of say Recchi or Ryder and Horton.

Old
04-26-2012, 05:37 PM
pigeonsonpopcorn

It's That some of you think Seguin's not ready for #1 center but DK is

pigeonsonpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 05:40 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonsonpopcorn View Post
It's That some of you think Seguin's not ready for #1 center but DK is
100% agree

Old
04-26-2012, 05:41 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm Scream View Post
Lucic Seguin Horton (or if on I.R., new goal scoring winger with Savard/Kelly money)
Spooner Krejci Peverly
Marchand Bergeron Caron
Paille Soupy Thornton

I want to see Spooner and Caron getting top 9 minutes. I think they'd both pleasantly surprise, and I think Caron on wing with Marchand and Bergeron would be very effective.
Spooner's not ready he needs to get stronger. Knight is the only junoir player that has a shot at the roster. Well besides Dougie

Last edited by KOHitter87: 04-26-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old
04-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Dicky113

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
He actually got quite a bit worse as the season wore on in my opinion (and statistically big time)

Dicky113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 05:52 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky113 View Post
He actually got quite a bit worse as the season wore on in my opinion (and statistically big time)
Not really in the middle of the season he got worse no doubt but, look up his number's they were pretty good in march, and april. I thought his puck control was better at the end of the season as well.

Old
04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
chsb

IF Seguin is not ready to be the #1 centerman, so Krejci is not either.....

The way I look at it, the chances are much better that Seguin will be ready when the Bruins hit the next playoffs than Krejci delivering another half assed performance like he did this time around....
Seguin is the closest thing you have at center to a 2nd Stanley Cup in the last 3 years including next.
Bergeron is the ideal shutdown type and a top notch 2nd line centerman and Kelly is one of the best 3rd line centerman in the NHL.
Spooner,another centerman, is also coming along nicely and the Bruins have Knight/Caron/Horton/Lucic/Marchand/Peverley as wingers coming to their prime or already in their prime.

There is less need for another centerman or 1st line winger than there is for a PMD like Green.

The Bruins will surely from now on look at the medium to long term and get rid of some vet contracts like Campbell/Thornton/Rolston....and MAYBE will keep one of Paille/Pouliot.

Horton-Seguin-Caron
Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley
Knight-Kelly-Pouliot
Paille-Spooner-xxxx
maybe a utility centerman like Perreault until Spooner comes along.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:02 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
IF Seguin is not ready to be the #1 centerman, so Krejci is not either.....

The way I look at it, the chances are much better that Seguin will be ready when the Bruins hit the next playoffs than Krejci delivering another half assed performance like he did this time around....
Seguin is the closest thing you have at center to a 2nd Stanley Cup in the last 3 years including next.
Bergeron is the ideal shutdown type and a top notch 2nd line centerman and Kelly is one of the best 3rd line centerman in the NHL.
Spooner,another centerman, is also coming along nicely and the Bruins have Knight/Caron/Horton/Lucic/Marchand/Peverley as wingers coming to their prime or already in their prime.

There is less need for another centerman or 1st line winger than there is for a PMD like Green.

The Bruins will surely from now on look at the medium to long term and get rid of some vet contracts like Campbell/Thornton/Rolston....and MAYBE will keep one of Paille/Pouliot.

Horton-Seguin-Caron
Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley
Knight-Kelly-Pouliot
Paille-Spooner-xxxx
maybe a utility centerman like Perreault until Spooner comes along.
Carons's not a first line player they really don't have any that are ready right now

Old
04-26-2012, 06:25 PM
BronxBruin

A few questions:

1) Why are we moving Seguin off of the wing again? The Bruins have a bevy of capable centers (namely Krejci and Bergeron) and Tyler seemed to do just fine on the wing. I still do not trust his defensive game nor faceoff ability (two key elements of being a center for Claude Julien) enough to move him at this time.

2) What exactly is the "#1 role"? Getting the most ice time? Playing with best players? Did Savard have the "#1 role"...because I am pretty sure he didn't get the most ice time during his heyday. It seems pretty apparent that Julien mixes and matches his lines frequently and gives the most ice time to those players that are reliable in their own end -- so I'm not really clear on what role we want to bestow upon Tyler. If you want to say "#1 role on the PP" then I think that makes some more sense since I thought he was under-utilized in that regard (especially during the playoffs).

BronxBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Bill you know I value your opinions and am happy to hear you saw it that way, but I don't quite share your optimism. I still saw a kid who threw his body and fought for pucks as though he wanted it to look like he was trying on film, but with no genuine hunger for the puck.

I suspect they will lean on him much more next year, and they can almost go ahead and announce that. It has to be his team sooner or later right? But I wouldn't hand him that first line center spot unless you get Parise. And again, I think Parise should easily be our #1 target. A hard-nosed goalscorer with wheels is not only the perfect complement for Tyler, but a great role model for him too. Not to mention it allows you to move Krejci for a d-man if need be.

Perhaps, using Bill's lines as a guide, you just flip them and Seguin's line doesn't have to be labelled or counted on as the #1 line. This allows Seguin to cut his teeth at center without that pressure. The team did win a Cup last year with Lucic - Krejci - Horton considered the #1 line.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton

Marchand - Seguin- New Guy

Pouliot - Bergeron - Peverley

Qualifier--I agree that this scenario is impacted by Horton's injury status and contingency plans are essential. Finding a high end RW would be good.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Not trying to be negative here, but two thoughts:

1. Was anyone less visible in this series until Game 6 more than Tyler Seguin? I can appreciate that he was probably our best player last night and obviously had the winner in Game 6, but that's not exactly a body of work that convinces me he's over the hump. the one huge downside of losing last night was that we didn't get to see if he could keep it up.

2. I think this team should plan to never see Horton again. That may not be fair, but two season-ending concussions is a bad sign, and he tried to come back and had recurring issues. So the prudent play would be to assume he's done, or assume if he comes back he's a high-risk player. With that in mind I don't think you can even consider moving forwards like Krejci out.
His goal last night was awesome and the kinda play you just love to see. Pure guts, effort and will.

But he also was pretty bad decision and compete-wise on the late pp, and lost a couple of important battles on the boards late in the game too.

If he makes huge leaps this offseason like last, then maybe he can play #1 C, but idk.... his game just seems to fit better at wing.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote