Notices

Ward's goal should have been disallowed

Old
04-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
I'm surprised Thomas didn't complain.
I'm not, the goal was a good goal. Crying about an honest loss isn't being a good sport.

First of all Thomas made the save, the rebound was put in and nobody was interfering with him.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Brad3277

Bruins lost this series on their own.

Lost the series on a goal produced as a result of players driving to the net.

Something they had seven games plus multiple overtimes to do. But never seemed to be that interested in consistently doing.

Bit them in the arse. End of story. Not interested in excuses. Wasn't expecting a long run due to wear and tear of last year but this was a winnable series and the Bruins tried to walk through it.

Brad3277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:27 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I'm not, the goal was a good goal. Crying about an honest loss isn't being a good sport.

First of all Thomas made the save, the rebound was put in and nobody was interfering with him.
Not crying about it but Knuble was interfering with him. It's not even really up for debate really. Caps fans know it, Bruins fans know it and even Kerry Fraser knows it.

but is it worth whining and writing angry letters about? Not in my opinion. But let's not pretend it didn't happen because it did. But oh well, thems the breaks.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:32 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by putabergeronthegrill View Post
Thomas took the high road on this one.

Also, it doesn't matter, the capitals outplayed us this series and deserved to win.

end of story.
Seven one goal games would seem to indicate two closely matched teams, not one team more deserving of victory than the other.

Although he said he was "shocked" by the loss, I don't get the impression that Thomas is especially perturbed about the interference.

Last edited by misterjaggers: 04-26-2012 at 11:01 PM.
misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Bmf316nhl
But there's no dog

Send a message via AIM to Bmf316nhl
in before people mention FLA interference on Brodeur

Bmf316nhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Sir Richard 37
311 Has Grassroots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
Seven one goal games would seem to indicate two closely matched teams, not one team more deserving of victory than the other.

Thomas doesn't seem to be the least bit perturbed that he was interfered with. I almost get the impression that he's happy to be done playing.

I'm not surprised, it has to be grueling to have everyone chomping at the bit to constantly drag you through the mud.

He's been dealing with it his whole life.. Probably thought that, you know, winning a Vezina and Stanley Cup would change it.

Sir Richard 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Schmautzie
Dave est magané

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad3277 View Post
Bruins lost this series on their own.

Lost the series on a goal produced as a result of players driving to the net.

Something they had seven games plus multiple overtimes to do. But never seemed to be that interested in consistently doing.

Bit them in the arse. End of story. Not interested in excuses. Wasn't expecting a long run due to wear and tear of last year but this was a winnable series and the Bruins tried to walk through it.
Very winnable and their crap PP finally killed them. Plus, the Caps executed a great game plan and they earned this win playing like men.

Kudos to them. I hope they go on to win it all.

Schmautzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:04 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Richard 37 View Post
I'm not surprised, it has to be grueling to have everyone chomping at the bit to constantly drag you through the mud.

He's been dealing with it his whole life.. Probably thought that, you know, winning a Vezina and Stanley Cup would change it.
I don't envy the part of his job which entails answering questions from muck raking journalists like Haggerty.

Old
04-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Lobster57

vCash: 225
Score on the PP that was handed to them with 2:30 left in the third and it's all academic.

Lobster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:17 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
No ref should ever call that in a game 7 OT... Ever.

Doesn't matter, only would have made us stay up later and be crankier this AM after the Bruins lost.

If it is the correct call, they absolutely should. Glad to see you have faith in the team to be able to pull it out, however.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
Dirty goal that for me will always remind me of what could've been. Play happened really fast and was unreviewable, so I'm OK with it I guess. Kinda like this whole series, the bad bounces and calls. Despite some posters saying the Bs didn't really want it, I think the Bs did really wanted it, especially in the OT where they were buzzing like crazy. Would've liked to see what they could've done moving on, repeat of last year maybe? Just disappointed that this had to end on a goal like that, especially since the Bs weren't the worse team in this series.

Not too bummed out, future is bright and we'll have more chances.
Of course they wanted it, for God's sake. That any fan could even question that is absurd (not saying you are, just speaking generally). This is what these guys live for.

And I saw plenty of driving to the net by the Bruins. I also saw plenty of rebounds that blasted past them or took wacky bounces. Last year they got those bounces; this year, they didn't. In a seven-game series all decided by one goal, that made a difference.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:49 PM
TimmyVezina

Football!!!!!!

TimmyVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Not crying about it but Knuble was interfering with him. It's not even really up for debate really. Caps fans know it, Bruins fans know it and even Kerry Fraser knows it.

but is it worth whining and writing angry letters about? Not in my opinion. But let's not pretend it didn't happen because it did. But oh well, thems the breaks.
We'll agree to disagree with that. Knuble is on Thomas when Thomas makes the SAVE. The rebound was put in after that. We're taking goals away scored after interference rebounds now?

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:17 AM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
It's emblematic of the officiating all year. The inconsistency was mind-boggling, and you can put goalie interference at the top of the list. Sometimes they'd call it for the merest of brushes, other times a goalie could be run over like a possum on a freeway and no whistle.

It's not the reason they lost, but it's certainly something that needs to be addressed this summer by the NHL. Decide what interference is and stick to it.
HA!!!!

That'll be the day.....

Think about it....what was interference in January, wasn't in March. Can you ever remember any other sporting organization on the planet that changed the definition of a ruling, unofficially with no public announcement, in the middle of the season?

It's mindboggling.

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Lobster57

vCash: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaBoot View Post
HA!!!!

That'll be the day.....

Think about it....what was interference in January, wasn't in March. Can you ever remember any other sporting organization on the planet that changed the definition of a ruling, unofficially with no public announcement, in the middle of the season?

It's mindboggling.
WWE does it several times per hour

Lobster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:16 AM
chizzler

Sour grapes man. They lost period. No need to complain, they weren't the better team on the ice. We're a better fan base than that.

chizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:47 AM
Concessionaire
My Precious

I wish the Bs had been that aggressive against Holtby, frankly.

Concessionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 05:07 AM
nmbr_24

The Bruins should have done this to Holby, that is what I am more likely to complain about.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:39 AM
TopShelf10
get good wood on it

This is tough to watch, and yes, in a reg season game that would be overturned.

However, Mazz brought up a great point yesterday....this goal did not lose us the war, only a singular battle...the better team won this series, and if we are going to complain it shouldnt be about stuff like this. We should have never been in this situation in the first place. we got a GIFT powerplay with like 2:36 to go in the game. you want to complain about something, i would start there...

TopShelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:10 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
The goal should have been disallowed. Knuble is in the crease pushing Thomas backwards and hindering his ability to make a save.

Rule 69 - Interference on the Goalkeeper

Situation: Crowding the Goalkeeper

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26557

I'm surprised Thomas didn't complain.
I got a better idea, how about PLAY BETTER! The better team won get over it. Face it Bruins weren't good enough. I had no problem with the goal. That's how it goes sometimes. I just happy the Bruins didn't drag out the misery to a 2nd OT or something. Season over let's move on.

seemlessglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:16 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post

Then stop crying and whining about it.

Old
04-27-2012, 07:16 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post

Not 100% accurate, Knuble was definitely hindering TT`s ability to a degree to have full range to make the save with his right leg but....I agree with the first point, need not look like a few teams players here who do little but whine over spilled milk.

Take it like men, learn from it and move on

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:22 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Was Fraser laughing and rubbing his hands while saying this. Same Fraser that ****** over Leafs in 93 by "not seeing" Gretzky high stick on Gilmour. Same Fraser that routinely ****** over Bruins up in Montreal. Is his hair still ******* perfect?

Old
04-27-2012, 07:34 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by seemlessglass View Post
The better team won get over it.
Except this is revisionist. A team won, not necessarily the better team. All of the games were close, and Washington didn't demonstrate any superiority in their playmaking or execution. If they were the better team, the series wouldn't have gone to seven games and the wins would have probably had a greater scoring margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemlessglass View Post
Then stop crying and whining about it.
You saying folks are whining and crying doesn't mean they are. For the most part folks have accepted the loss. Having a conversation about the unfortunate way the game ended is not whining or crying.

However, constantly whining and crying about whining and crying...well, think about that a little bit why don't you.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:38 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Not 100% accurate, Knuble was definitely hindering TT`s ability to a degree to have full range to make the save with his right leg but...
Actually, the interference was worse than that. Thomas said in the post-game interview above that it was impossible for him to see the puck because as Knuble slid into the crease, his body shoved into Thomas' face mask.